Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11667017 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12201) (12202) (12203) (12204) (12205) (12206) (12207) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2022
forgiveness:

I think Moses wayward crosses has to do with his weak left foot. He might be better crosser with his strong right foot.
People think only left footers are over-reliant on one foot and are weak with the other.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2022
komekn:

Yes and No.

If you don't want to remain a permanent prospect then you have to add to your game " Football intelligence" . As a result, you can have all the skills and dribbling in the world . If you cannot make a simple pass at the right time moment/ second.

Then you will remain a promising players and never get to achieve the promise expected of you.

In our game Moses worked extremely hard did a lot of dribbles , pressed high excellently, and was very good. But a lot of his decision making was poor. If you want to go higher. As a result he may not get to a top league or club. The same follows for Ejuke.

Football intelligence will take you further than skills and dribbling.

KC showed that intelligence but the recieving player was not intelligent. Aribo was the same, the header he gave to KC was cushioned and intelligent that is why KC scored.

He Aribo passed another ball diagonal to Simon who just needed to place it extreme right corner of the goal but he decides to take a touch and lost the angle .

These are the things you are taught and drilled almost on a daily basisi in the top football academies in Europe. And you expect Professional players to do and know.

These are the things you should be doing in order to to get to the next level in your football career.

Rashford who is from a top English academy still makes the same mistake. I think we can excuse Simon. He had to make most of those decisions with his weaker foot. It is difficult.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:42am On Jan 12, 2022
Acecube:
I was expecting Awaziem today Sha... Hope it's not that Eguavoen doesn't rate him.

I don’t see him dropping Omeruo not to talk of Ekong for now.

Omeruo was too good yesterday. Hopefully, he is not injured.

However, Awaziem tested positive prior to the match.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I disagree. It is just fine to six games remaining. The guys need to master the system and use all opportunity they can. So I say the coach plays his strongest lineup. Don't underrate any team. Secure qualification for the next round first. Then use the next game as a preparation for the next round.

Changes should only come when injuries and fatigue comes to play.

Team management. If you wait for your key players to get injured and fatigued before making changes, you will not have the players to execute the more difficult games.

Remember, after the group stage it only gets worse. If you don’t rest Aribo enough and he picks up a muscle injury in the round of 16, how do we prosecute the tournament?

I saw we play long term rather than short term. Introduce more players into the system as early as possible so they can fill in for each other seamlessly when needed. Injuries are inevitable, yesterday we had 2. The aim is to reduce injuries to a level where it cannot impact our play significantly, and we can only do this through proper team rotation.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:43am On Jan 12, 2022
drDoom3:
Next game, I would say we send most of our starting lineup to the bench to rest them against future games. We should be able to dispatch Sudan without our starting 11. I think a front three of Ejuke-Sadiq-Simon should do the job. Onyeka should play alongside Nwakali or Aribo. Ndidi is indispensable. Backline too should not change, with Ajayi replacing Omeruo if necessary.
One of our players need to clinch the highest goal scorer before Zuchy will continue clamouring for Ighalo to be recalled.

I think our best players should all start except those having a knock.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2022
forgiveness:

I think Moses wayward crosses has to do with his weak left foot. He might be better crosser with his strong right foot.

Even when he was playing on the right, his crosses were poor...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hismail1(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2022
Gammfreak:
No one is saying anything about the stupid penalty moses simon almost gave Egypt. I doubt if he would have been this praised if it was given because that was a clear penalty.
Moses and Ejuke should be trained on their end product
Happened outside of the box.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2022
Shukusheka:
People think only left footers are over-reliant on one foot and are weak with the other.

Exactly! Most people over rely on one foot. I think Moses is one of them. He is just forcing the crosses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
Abi next time the Algerians should petition the sun not to shine on the days they have a game.

Or pay rainmakers to conjure rain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2022
drDoom3:

Team management. If you wait for your key players to get injured and fatigued before making changes, you will not have the players to execute the more difficult games.

Remember, after the group stage it only gets worse. If you don’t rest Aribo enough and he picks up a muscle injury in the round of 16, how do we prosecute the tournament?

I saw we play long term rather than short term. Introduce more players into the system as early as possible so they can fill in for each other seamlessly when needed. Injuries are inevitable, yesterday we had 2. The aim is to reduce injuries to a level where it cannot impact our play significantly, and we can only do this through proper team rotation.

You also need synergy with the system. The players are still building on it. I say we continue on. The guys can meet up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Even if it was a foul, it won't have been a penalty..The foul happened outside the box..Moreso, the player wasn't goal bound...

The Egyptians were just being petty...
I think there is a contact too.

I checked the replay that Basco dropped and even though Simon was outside, his hand that caught the foot of the Egyptian was inside the 18yard box.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2022
hismail1:
Happened outside of the box.
Not this.

There's one Simon was falling down and caught the boot of the player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Even when he was playing on the right, his crosses were poor...

Well, has played 5 times as a RW and had 1 assists. Not bad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
kingphilip:

Not this.

It is the same incident. The hand of the foot was after it. However, I think there was some sort of back in by the Egyptian. That was why the ref kept on disagreeing with the var official.

I think they both agreed that the Egyptian backed in before the whole incident. Thus waved a foul.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Some of the reasons why Mohammed Sallah was quiet throughout the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2022
Oasis001:

grin

Really don't understand some Posters here anymore. Dem keep yapping him like he had a bad game.

Perhaps, Dey want him out for Ebuehi since they can’t fault Aina.! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
kingphilip:

Not this.

It's the same one, he tripped and fell on the player when the player moved, watch his feet its not planted properly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Who else noticed that the technical staff has thinned down? Looks like all those white men left with Rohr.

Before nko! Soldier go soldier come barrack remains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Gammfreak:
No one is saying anything about the stupid penalty moses simon almost gave Egypt. I doubt if he would have been this praised if it was given because that was a clear penalty.
I was scared it was going to be a penalty. But it wasn't because the Egyptian appeared to have pushed him at the start. That Moses hand on the guy's leg made him to finally fall grin. They actually reviewed it twice.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Papi85:
The nff should reach out to udinese’s udogie to replace Collins and serve as a back up to zaidu

That udogie boy is too good to be ignored

Hmmmm

Calvin bassey nko ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
drDoom3:
Next game, I would say we send most of our starting lineup to the bench to rest them against future games. We should be able to dispatch Sudan without our starting 11. I think a front three of Ejuke-Sadiq-Simon should do the job. Onyeka should play alongside Nwakali or Aribo. Ndidi is indispensable. Backline too should not change, with Ajayi replacing Omeruo if necessary.
We can rest on or two. But not for the entire squad. If we end up second in that group, our journey to the final becomes much harder.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Gammfreak:

You go wail tire about Moses Simon

We should be worried about a pk that didn’t even take place and not even a pk ,you think all ref are useless like epl refs to award that pk that’s not worth it ?

Kukuma enter dictionary go find agenda for Moses Simon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
drDoom3:

If you think most of our starting line up will be sent to the bench then you must be kidding

Everybody wey start last game go start next game ,no room for experiment oga ,even onyeka self

Sadiq Nwakali ,none should start next game as far as our first team players are fit abeg ,well I trust the coach sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
ChrisKels:

For you to have ever believed in that fraud, mummy GO say make I tell you say na hefaya direct oo angry

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
12large1:

Please let’s not lie to ourselves. Simon dribbled his opponents east but his end product was “ABYSMAL” As a winger, your first responsibility is to learn how to adequately cross a ball and if all your crosses keep going astray, idk for you. Even the cross that led to our goal was another nonsense cross.. however, I am glad that Simon showed his capabilities of dribbling his opponents because in his past few games for SE, he couldn’t beat his marker.. average performance for me

Moses Simon was the reason behind Gent winning the league then because he would dribble from defence and create chances.

Seeing him in green white green shying away from dribbling left me puzzled.

Perhaps, Rohr’s conservative football hindered or limited his dribbles.

Yesterday, we played our real African football.

We were able to express ourselves. Unlike under Rohr with his Franco/German style of play.

I even doubt if he used German philosophy self.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
Papi85:
Balogun and ighalo shoulf just retire from the national team

After afcon will like to see the likes of amoo and bassey integrated to the team

Akpoguma should be recalled and given a chance to show what he has to offer

Aina is our best right back so make una stop this una ebuehi hype

Balogun is an upgrade though. We still need him.

I don’t know how good Ighalo is currently but if he moves to EPL and does well, na to come back be dat oooo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Acecube(m): 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
forgiveness:

oh it makes sense now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
forgiveness:

Moses was taking better corner kicks ,remember ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
forgiveness:

Omeruo will need to forgive me that I don’t rate him above others despite having a good afcon at Egypt ,and he has started to show that again

Omeruo was so good yesterday ,I just pray he start next game due to the injury that make him not to finish the game against Egypt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Papi85:
okoye is a good goal keeper just that the cb combo of ekong and balogun expired long time ago but rohr was too stubborn to make a change

A goal minder is good when his defense protects him

Let us see Balogun play under Eguavoen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Acecube:
I was expecting Awaziem today Sha... Hope it's not that Eguavoen doesn't rate him.

Omo awaziem be like 4th choice ooo

You see say na ajayi come in for omeruo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
kingphilip:

One of our players need to clinch the highest goal scorer before Zuchy will continue clamouring for Ighalo to be recalled.

I think our best players should all start except those having a knock.

Our best players should even start the whole 3 games

(1) (2) (3) ... (12201) (12202) (12203) (12204) (12205) (12206) (12207) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.