Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684819 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12330) (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Call him Jibola Adebola, he is a midfield generalissimo and maestro.

There is no set piece taker in the team as good as him. No midfield passer of conductor in the team as good as me.
comerade you forget to add the following
1. Special skill set not visible to everyone eyes except selected few
2. The only one with long Ball ability which no other Nigeria midfielder has.
3. The only one that can boost our ball procession and bring out the best in ndidi
Abeg I know want wahala o I just dey add to our general rank e no go good if we know decorate the uniform and ranks properly make Dem no fire us from work grin grin wink

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
comerade you forget to add the following
1. Special skill set not visible to everyone eyes expect selected few
2. The only one with long Ball ability which no other Nigeria midfielder has.
3. The only one that can boost our ball procession and bring out the best in ndidi
Abeg I know want wahala o I just dey add to our general rank e no go good if we know decorate the uniform and ranks properly make Dem no fire us from work grin grin wink
you are very wucked cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
I just pray that kelechi xavi Scholes Zidane pirlo iniesta Carrick nwakali starts today cheesy

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2022
Joebie:
At this stage, I will say the hosts remain the team to beat. And I foresee an upset against them.
And that leaves us to one team to lift the cup. It is not going to a North-African team.
Your guess is as good as mine -- Nigeria. Our team is not built around any specific player.
We will produce goals from different routes going forward.
Afcon 2000 - 22 years and the wound still hurts even though the pain has been staunched by the fact that in recent meetings with Cameroun, we come tops but we'll finally have closure if we beat Cameroun either enroute the final or at the final.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kog45:
Likely Starting XI today.
1.Uzoho--Maduka
2.Ebuehi
3.Collins---Sanusi
4.Semi---Omeruo
5.Ekong
6.Ndidi
7.Nwakili
8.Iheanacho
9.Olayinka---Awoniyi
10.Iwobi
11.Ejuke---Moses
I don't think Maduka should be changed. He needs this game for his confidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
I was watching nwakali last Nigeria game and couldn’t fathom why many were complaining of his performance. For me, he was impressive. The guy is very comfortable on the ball, created spaces for his team mate and delivered impressive short/long range of passes. In fact, he reminded me of a certain Barcelona midfielder. So, what was the grumble about here? It seems that people want all our midfielders to be strictly “agidi” type of CM? I believe that it’s very important to diversify in terms of our midfielders qualities.. The match vs Sudan was nwakali best performance at SE and I was impressed. Now, I see how a CM doesn’t have to score or assist to influence a game. Once a CM can control/dictate the tempo of a game, it makes the difference. If you score, na jara be dat

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
you are very wucked cheesy cheesy cheesy
you self understand now wink we gast give honour to whom honour is due grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

He has over 318k subscribers on YouTube, so, he must be doing something right

He is enjoyable to watch, and it is probably because everything he says is relatable across board.

I personally would never want to watch tactical football fan analysis, and I am very sure people like me are in the majority and it may explain his large following, amongst other things.
His YouTube videos range over other issues not exclusively sports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
I was watching nwakali last Nigeria game and couldn’t fathom why many were complaining of his performance. For me, he was impressive. The guy is very comfortable on the ball, created spaces for his team mate and delivered impressive short/long range of passes. In fact, he reminded me of a certain Barcelona midfielder. So, wha was the grumble for? It seems that people want all our midfielders to be strictly “agidi” type of CM? I believe that it’s very important to diversify in terms of our midfielders qualities.. The match vs Sudan was nwakali best performance at SE and I was impressed.

Dude was very impressive and made playing in the midfield look so easy. Very orgasmic on the ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
you no well, player wey I Dey foresee to sink to Spanish 3rd tier soon cheesy

Bonke wey no even sabi ball wella don mk big move from the scandanavia to French ligue 1

Na so una still Dey hype am Onyeka from no where made a surprising leap to the English top flight

Una Dey hype am aribo left English 3rd tier for the Scottish league and currently the 2nd best player in the league and heavily tipped for a move to almighty epl just in the space of 2 abi 3 seasons

Una go still Dey hype am the likes of amoo, onyedika and few other go still join better leagues in no distant time

Mk una continue Dey condole mediocrity cheesy
Aribo is the best player in the Scottish league

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
I was watching nwakali last Nigeria game and couldn’t fathom why many were complaining of his performance. For me, he was impressive. The guy is very comfortable on the ball, created spaces for his team mate and delivered impressive short/long range of passes. In fact, he reminded me of a certain Barcelona midfielder. So, wha was the grumble for? It seems that people want all our midfielders to be strictly “agidi” type of CM? I believe that it’s very important to diversify in terms of our midfielders qualities.. The match vs Sudan was nwakali best performance at SE and I was impressed.

Stop wondering why people where complaining

Same you was also complaining about Moses simon performance

It’s not yet time to rate nwakali best performance for eagles ,he hasn’t played enough minutes .

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
I don’t hype trash. My conscience no Dey gree me no matter how I try sugarcoat am cheesy

Ovie Ejaria, Abdul Zubairu, James Igbekeme etc grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

His YouTube videos range over other issues not exclusively sports

Yes, I figure

Like I said, the first time I came across him, he was talking about the entertainment industry so he must have other topics

Still, it's the relatability of his content that brings him views, and the sports posts get a lot of traction still.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Dude was very impressive and made playing in the midfield look so easy. Very orgasmic on the ball

LOL

I say I no go find trouble again, but if what Nwakali was doing was orgasmic for you, it really makes sense why there is such a high sexual disparity between men and women, especially in relation to giving orgasms.

Disclaimer:

This is a joke.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Yes, I figure

Like I said, the first time I came across him, he was talking about the entertainment industry so he must have other topics

Still, it's the relatability of his content that brings him views, and the sports posts get a lot of traction still.

Dude is hilarious. Ironically I don't fancy Ghanaian accent but I dig this guy. Like you said he's relatable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
Truth is that he did not play badly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Same you was also complaining about Moses si on performance

It’s not yet time to rate nwakali best performance for eagles ,he has played enough minutes

Hopefully, he will start today, so, we can put most things to rest

I have mostly been indifferent toward him, but all the hype he is getting here from his fanboys has me leaning left after that last match.

It's okay to have fanboys sha, it's even good when you're exceptional, but if only your fanboys are seeing how good you are, then.....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

LOL

I say I no go find trouble again, but if what Nwakali was doing was orgasmic for you, it really makes sense why there is such a high sexual disparity between men and women, especially in relation to giving orgasms.

Disclaimer:

This is a joke.

Take another look on him today, now with an open mind. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

Dude is hilarious. Ironically I don't fancy Ghanaian accent but I dig this guy. Like you said he's relatable.

Even his pronunciations with the Ghanaian accent are funny.

And the way he goes into his descriptions too, very funny stuff.

I like him, I like him a lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Take another look on him today, now with an open mind. smiley

It may now be difficult for me to watch him with an open mind because of what I have encountered on this thread

I don't think we speak enough on how some monikers on this thread can really drive someone to dislike players that ordinarily should be enjoyed.

Now, all I just see is annoying hype. And I used to like this guy during U17, maybe one day I will like him again.

We will sha see him today. I will be looking out for his useful crosses (not back pass), and the freekicks he is so good at.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Hopefully, he will start today, so, we can put most things to rest

I have mostly been indifferent toward him, but all the hype he is getting here from his fanboys has me leaning left after that last match.

It's okay to have fanboys sha, it's even good when you're exceptional, but if only your fanboys are seeing how good you are, then.....

His fan boys are not sincere ,that’s one thing I learnt.

He will surely start today . .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

I didn’t even know that he was that comfortable on the ball and I was very confused why people were complaining. With such performance, he is here to stay especially as his competitors are mostly agidi type. I will access his performance today. Moses Simon was impressive although he needs to improve tremendously on his crosses or he should stop crossing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Same you was also complaining about Moses simon performance

It’s not yet time to rate nwakali best performance for eagles ,he hasn’t played enough minutes .

I was complaining about Simon end product vs Egypt. I.e No assist, goals, shot on target. His dribbled past his man but hugs end product was atrocious. Against Sudan, his end product was impressive. 1 goal and 1 assist.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/bonke-innocent-fc-lorient-seal-signing-of-nigeria-player/blt82e3cba44d08278b

Make una continue to hype am while less fancied players Dey upgrade by moving to bigger and better leagues
don't worry. After this nation cup he will go to a better club and league. Jibola Adebola!!! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

I was complaining about Simon end product vs Egypt. I.e No assist, goals, shot on target. His dribbled past his man but hugs end product was atrocious. Against Sudan, his end product was impressive. 1 goal and 1 assist.

No assist no goal ,without Moses Simon there will be no iheanacho goal remember ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

Truth is that he did not play badly

He did not play badly?? He was impressive. Na my type of midfielder be that. I was a huge Barca fan in their golden era
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There’s nothing like fan boys. Everyone are super eagles supporters and we have one common interest. “Super eagles” a team like SE that usually produces “agidi” type of midfielders, I believe that it’s a breath of fresh air when finesse, IQ, technical midfielder is seen around our midfield. Honestly, it just boils down to the type of game plan our coaches are trying to execute
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I don't need them to be sincere, the fanboys of a lot of players on this thread aren't sincere.

Bias is an overwhelming part of this thread, and that's why I said it is fine. Humanity makes us biased, and objectivity can be a farce.

I know how long I caped for Iheanacho on this thread. These days, I have a little more balance to what I say, and while I will never rule out my bias, there are things I don't bother to argue on, because it may just be how this player makes this person feel, not so much about their actual technique.

You cannot argue out feelings. Someone is either comfortable with them or uncomfortable, and it will always be down to the person. Na why I no dey understand why people dey argue with Idenna on foreign born vs. Local. That's his feelings, it has nothing to do with the players.

If only fanboys would know what to not argue on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

No assist no goal ,without Moses Simon there will be no iheanacho goal remember ?

Not true. It was another horrible cross gone wrong that an Egyptian player kicked to Aribo. Anyway, Simon end product was impressive vs Sudan. He needs to continue such performance with a good end product in order to convince Nigerians
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Call him Jibola Adebola, he is a midfield generalissimo and maestro.

There is no set piece taker in the team as good as him. No midfield passer of conductor in the team as good as me.
Jibola Adebola! Midfield General officer commanding (GOC)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

I don't need them to be sincere, the fanboys of a lot of players on this thread aren't sincere.

Bias is an overwhelming part of this thread, and that's why I said it is fine. Humanity makes us biased, and objectivity can be a farce.

I know how long I caped for Iheanacho on this thread. These days, I have a little more balance to what I say, and while I will never rule out my bias, there are things I don't bother to argue on, because it may just be how this player makes this person feel, not so much about their actual technique.

You cannot argue out feelings. Someone is either comfortable with them or uncomfortable, and it will always be down to the person. Na why I no dey understand why people dey argue with Idenna on foreign born vs. Local. That's his feelings, it has nothing to do with the players.

If only fanboys would know what to not argue on.

You are very right ,some certain players fan boys comes to mind .

The last part though grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

There’s nothing like fan boys. Everyone are super eagles supporters and we have one common interest. “Super eagles” a team like SE that usually produces “agidi” type of midfielders, I believe that it’s a breath of fresh air when finesse, IQ, technical midfielder is seen around our midfield. Honestly, it just boils down to the type of game plan our coaches are trying to execute

This is a lie

There will always be fanboys, because there will always be players some people will like more than others for various reasons.

There are Iheanacho fanboys on this thread, Ndidi fanboys, Osimhen fanboys, Nwakali fanboys, Okoye fanboys, Aribo fanboys, Moses Simon fanboys, Ajagun sef get, local players fanboys, foreign players fanboys, German players fanboys, UK players fanboys etc.

90% of this thread have biases that are clear to us, so no dey talk like who just enter thread. You stay here long enough and you know who will argue for who.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12330) (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Philosopher1979, lbrichman2, Meliforme, Nomyth, MegaStarr(m), elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.