Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11743121 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) ... (16178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

There’s nothing like fan boys. Everyone are super eagles supporters and we have one common interest. “Super eagles” a team like SE that usually produces “agidi” type of midfielders, I believe that it’s a breath of fresh air when finesse, IQ, technical midfielder is seen around our midfield. Honestly, it just boils down to the type of game plan our coaches are trying to execute

O boy e be like no be this thread you Dey Na Comoros national team thread you Dey

We all love super eagles players for sure ,that one different from fan boys Oga

Even ajagun get fan boy here grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

O boy e be like no be this thread you Dey Na Comoros national team thread you Dey

When people defend certain players or have an opposing view of certain players, una go call them “fanboys” anyway, except an individual personally knows an Se player, I wouldn’t call him/her a fan boy. Btw, make una nor forget to subscribe to boscovalli YouTube video.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

When people defend certain players or have an opposing view of certain players, una go call them “fanboys” anyway, except an individual personally knows an Se player, I wouldn’t call him/her a fan boy. Btw, make una nor forget to subscribe to boscovalli YouTube video.

There are fan boys here

I rate many players here who I am not even a fan of

Forget this opposing view talk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
I just pray that kelechi xavi Scholes Zidane pirlo iniesta Carrick nwakali starts today cheesy

Werey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There are fan boys here

I rate many players here who I am not even a fan of

Forget this opposing view talk

Even me sef, I be Iheanacho fanboy, just that me and am dey quarrel for now, but I still be Iheanacho fanboy, always and forever. Awoniyi too, because Awoniyi slander cannot happen on my watch. Of the retired players, I am a diehard Mikel fanboy, always and forever.

There are players I just like, I no be fanboy, but I like them, there are those I am indifferent towards (this group plenty), then, there are those I dislike mostly because of their fanboys (like two or three people)

Na who no dey this thread go talk say fanboy no dey.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Cool that the boys are still observing Rohr's tradition of team walk

https://twitter.com/NGSuperEagles/status/1483776406328942592?t=boje05nnL-xhWDzOxTq9Ig&s=19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
Rohr really did a lot for Nigeria forget that he is a tactical dinosaur but he laid a ground plan that any incoming coach would easily follow, I would like to call him Nigeria's John the Baptist

17 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Even me sef, I be Iheanacho fanboy, just that me and am dey quarrel for now, but I still be Iheanacho fanboy, always and forever. Awoniyi too, because Awoniyi slander cannot happen on my watch. Of the retired players, I am a diehard Mikel fanboy, always and forever.

There are players I just like, I no be fanboy, but I like them, there are those I am indifferent towards (this group plenty), then, there are those I dislike mostly because of their fanboys (like two or three people)

I am a Mikel fan boy

I am an iheanacho fan boy and he remains my favorite super eagles player ,ndidi comes close sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
I am a super eagles fan boy. (No favorite) if you impress, I will hail you while if you flip, you must chop konk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

It may now be difficult for me to watch him with an open mind because of what I have encountered on this thread

I don't think we speak enough on how some monikers on this thread can really drive someone to dislike players that ordinarily should be enjoyed.

Now, all I just see is annoying hype. And I used to like this guy during U17, maybe one day I will like him again.

We will sha see him today. I will be looking out for his useful crosses (not back pass), and the freekicks he is so good at.
Very perceptive. Most of the disagreements and put downs we have over players are not necessarily about the players per se but against ourselves, against the misjudgements, biases and exaggerations of members on this thread.

Komekn can make you dislike foreign born players with his cloyed, indiscriminate adulation of foreign born players while IDENNA can make you disparage local players because of his fawning exaltation of local born players.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

Very perceptive. Most of the disagreements and put downs we have over players are not necessarily about the players per se but against ourselves, against the misjudgements, biases and exaggerations of members on this thread.

Komekn can make you dislike foreign born players with his cloyed, indiscriminate adulation of foreign born players while IDENNA can make you disparage local players because of his fawning exaltation of local born players.

Exactly

It's all in a mindset

That's why I don't understand people that come here and say "Let's just talk about the football", it is impossible for a group of humans to be gathered somewhere with unadulterated objectivity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Stop wondering why people where complaining

Same you was also complaining about Moses simon performance

It’s not yet time to rate nwakali best performance for eagles ,he hasn’t played enough minutes .
during the break he was rated second best behind Celtics mcgregor in the league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
elyte89:

Werey grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lemme ooo cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:
Rohr really did a lot for Nigeria forget that he is a tactical dinosaur but he laid a ground plan that any incoming coach would easily follow, I would like to call him Nigeria's John the Baptist
yes he did and I hope eguavoen or the next incoming coach do same by bringing in good and worthy faces for better competition in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

ajagun’s main fan here was forgiveness but he was later humbled when the midfield maestro left europe for South Africa cheesy

Em eye clear

Na so pple eye go clear when nwakali slips down to the Spanish 3rd tier or move to any of the Scandinavian leagues soon cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
I feel like Watford are preparing for life after Dennis that’s why they signed Kalu. Dennis will most likely depart from Watford by the end of the season irrespective of their relegation status that’s why they signed kalu.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

I didn’t even know that he was that comfortable on the ball and I was very confused why people were complaining. With such performance, he is here to stay especially as his competitors are mostly agidi type. I will access his performance today. Moses Simon was impressive although he needs to improve tremendously on his crosses or he should stop crossing

Nwanne m, you sabi ball though screw dey comot from your head some times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Nwanne m, you sabi ball though screw dey comot from your head some times.
anu cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
I did a little spill on Samuel Kalu's move to Watford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFB5GJN4Uxk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

I don't need them to be sincere, the fanboys of a lot of players on this thread aren't sincere.

Bias is an overwhelming part of this thread, and that's why I said it is fine. Humanity makes us biased, and objectivity can be a farce.

I know how long I caped for Iheanacho on this thread. These days, I have a little more balance to what I say, and while I will never rule out my bias, there are things I don't bother to argue on, because it may just be how this player makes this person feel, not so much about their actual technique.

You cannot argue out feelings. Someone is either comfortable with them or uncomfortable, and it will always be down to the person. Na why I no dey understand why people dey argue with Idenna on foreign born vs. Local. That's his feelings, it has nothing to do with the players.

If only fanboys would know what to not argue on.
You deserve 3 big stout and 3 small stout for the comments above. You can't take sentiments out of life and you can't take life out of sentiments. Like the renowed prophet and minstrel Osita Osadebe sang Osondi owendi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
I did a little spill on Samuel Kalu's move to Watford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFB5GJN4Uxk
hmmm cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

You deserve 3 big stout and 3 small stout for the comments above. You can't take sentiments out of life and you can't take life out of sentiments. Like the renowed prophet and minstrel Osita Osadebe sang Osondi owendi.
6 bottles of stout at the same time? Kuku introduce her to the drug lord here for some pills cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

I pity anyone who get bad mind against Awoniyi, that boy get serious prayer warriors behind him abi na juju who know sef. U17 the star of the team Isaac Success get injury just like dat, up steps Taiwo, now this AFCON, several players ahead of him, Osimehn, Ighalo and Onuachu, even Moffi at some point, for various reasons, all of them miss out and up comes Taiwo again. Because of all those few.words of mine, me too am now forcefully a fanboy of Awoniyi grin

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I pity anyone who get bad mind against Awoniyi, that boy get serious prayer warriors behind him abi na juju who know sef. U17 the star of the team Isaac Success get injury just like dat, up steps Taiwo, now this AFCON, several players ahead of him, Osimehn, Ighalo and Onuachu, even Moffi at some point, for various reasons, all of them miss out and up comes Taiwo again. Because of all those few.words of mine, me too am now forcefully a fanboy of Awoniyi grin
awo is good

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
ajagun’s main fan here was forgiveness but he was later humbled when the midfield maestro left europe for South Africa cheesy

Em eye clear

Na so pple eye go clear when nwakali slips down to the Spanish 3rd tier or move to any of the Scandinavian leagues soon cheesy
Make una stop am oga mi, I understand you don't like the overhyping and exaggeration but at least let's not wish any human regression. I take God beg you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Make una stop am oga mi, I understand you don't like the overhyping and exaggeration but at least let's not wish any human regression. I take God beg you
is not by wish, others wey Dey join bigger clubs and leagues na by wish abi sentiment?

Baba for football if you good you good, even if u Dey the worst league in the world scouts will definently fish you out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
anu cheesy

Aswear bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria's caretaker coach Augustine Eguavoen has decided on the starting goalkeeper for the national team's final Group D fixture at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations against Guinea-Bissau at Roumdé Adjia Stadium, Garoua.

This website can report with certainty that Omonia Nicosia star Francis Uzoho will be on goalkeeping duties against the African Wild Dog, provided that he does not suffer an injury in the pre-match warm up.

It means one of Maduka Okoye, Daniel Akpeyi and John Noble is set to miss out on the matchday 23 this evening.

Of the three goalkeepers who have appearances under their belts in the Africa Cup of Nations, Uzoho is the only one with an unblemished record in terms of clean sheet and it came against Tunisia in a third place playoff in the last edition of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The 2013 U17 World Cup winner was Nigeria's first choice goalkeeper at the 2018 World Cup in Russia and continued to be number one until he lost his starting spot to Akpeyi at the 2019 AFCON.

Uzoho provided cover for Okoye in the Super Eagles first two matches against Egypt and Sudan.

Regarding the ten other players to take the field against Guinea-Bissau, Eguavoen is currently holding a team meeting after which the starting lineup will be confirmed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Someone that has 14 goals in all competitions at the big 5 so far this season? My friend, will you keep quiet

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
According to OGN ,this is naija line up for today’s game

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Ekong
Ajayi
Collins

Ndidi
Nwakali
Iheanacho

Ejuke
Iwobi
Sadiq Umar

I must say I am happy for sadiq umar ,and hope he takes this chance

Would have loved to see onyeka and olayinka starting today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
In the long run, 424 formation will get you exposed

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) ... (16178) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), jihday(m), komekn(m), BascoVanVeli(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.