Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11696875 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zanistico: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
I feel like Watford are preparing for life after Dennis that’s why they signed Kalu. Dennis will most likely depart from Watford by the end of the season irrespective of their relegation status that’s why they signed kalu.
Or maybe they now see Dennis as a CF rather than a winger. If anything, Kalu could be a replacement for Sarr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
Rohr laid down good structures and ensured there were good vibes in camp. Players could hangout out with those they were comfortable with but there is general team harmony and respect within the group. I agree that tactically he wasn't great if I put it nicely.

Subzero047:
Rohr really did a lot for Nigeria forget that he is a tactical dinosaur but he laid a ground plan that any incoming coach would easily follow, I would like to call him Nigeria's John the Baptist

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

Someone that has 14 goals in all competitions at the big 5 so far this season? My friend, will you keep quiet
Yes of course 14 goals but Rohr no dey look him side. If Osimehn was around Awoniyi is definitely going to sit on the bench. Him and Ighalo shirt dragging is debatable though and Onuachu too. But Osimehn, Ighalo and Onuachu no dey to drag anything with him making him the undisputed starter, kapisch. And of course he is very very good just that we are currently blessed with an array of strikers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Umar had better make good use of this very attacking and creative lineup. Onyeka and Olayinka should also get good minutes.

andrewbaba44:
According to OGN ,this is naija line up for today’s game

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Ekong
Ajayi
Collins

Ndidi
Nwakali
Iheanacho

Ejuke
Iwobi
Sadiq Umar

I must say I am happy for sadiq umar ,and hope he takes this chance

Would have loved to see onyeka and olayinka starting today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:

Exactly

It's all in a mindset

That's why I don't understand people that come here and say "Let's just talk about the football", it is impossible for a group of humans to be gathered somewhere with unadulterated objectivity.

I do feel though that if all of us were to be objective, our discourse would be arid and boring. Our personal biases is what give pep to our discussions. It's just that sometimes it can be insufferable putting up with over-the top prejudice mostly from the two notorious usual suspects.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
chrisooblog:
Rohr laid down good structures and ensured there were good vibes in camp. Players could hangout out with those they were comfortable with but there is general team harmony and respect within the group. I agree that tactically he wasn't great if I put it nicely.

Credit should also go to Eguavon. The peaceful ambience we've seen so far in camp irrespective of the short duration he's spent with the boys is a testament of his persona and the kind of influence he exudes. It's obvious he's calm and level headed and it's rubbing off on the players. That was one challenge Oliseh had, the team was so disruptive during his time that his "tactical genius" didn't count for much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:

There’s nothing like fan boys. Everyone are super eagles supporters and we have one common interest. “Super eagles” a team like SE that usually produces “agidi” type of midfielders, I believe that it’s a breath of fresh air when finesse, IQ, technical midfielder is seen around our midfield. Honestly, it just boils down to the type of game plan our coaches are trying to execute
Which SE produces agidi midfielders? The SE of the 80's 90's 2000s or recent SE?
Who and who are the agidi midfielders among our present crop of players? Ndidi? Aribo? Onyeka? Etebo?
Maybe my understanding of agidi is different from yours.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
In the long run, 424 formation will get you exposed
Its 4222 he's playing that can transition into a 424 going forward and 433 defending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
not in Africa, if we loose it will be for something else and not the formation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
lovewins:

Credit should also go to Eguavon. The peaceful ambience we've seen so far in camp irrespective of the short duration he's spent with the boys is a testament of his persona and the kind of influence he exudes. It's obvious he's calm and level headed and it's rubbing off on the players. That was one challenge Oliseh had, the team was so disruptive during his time that his "tactical genius" didn't count for much
he wasn’t/isn’t a tactical genius. nothing dey him head, just hitler and vibes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:
Cool that the boys are still observing Rohr's tradition of team walk

https://twitter.com/NGSuperEagles/status/1483776406328942592?t=boje05nnL-xhWDzOxTq9Ig&s=19
True oo, seems this tradition started with Rohr and its good to flex the nerves just before a match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:
Rohr really did a lot for Nigeria forget that he is a tactical dinosaur but he laid a ground plan that any incoming coach would easily follow, I would like to call him Nigeria's John the Baptist
True bro. He did well bringing in good players but he was at a loss in using the fine tools at his disposal. The more the proliferation of talents, the more confused he became.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
12large1:
It is 4-2-4 when we are on full attack but changes to 4-5-1 when we defend. There is no static formation on the football pitch.

We will only get exposed if the attackers don't coordinate their press well and the opposition counters us after beating the press. No team in this AFCON have the facility to do this against us fortunately.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
This Sadiq Umar, is it on Egu’s contract that he has to play? The guy has been useless in two games but still gotta start today while Henry Onyekuru would remain on the bench?

But I am glad that Uzohor, Ebuehi, Iwobi, and Ejuke are starting tho.

O pari

andrewbaba44:
According to OGN ,this is naija line up for today’s game

Uzoho

Ebuehi
Ekong
Ajayi
Collins

Ndidi
Nwakali
Iheanacho

Ejuke
Iwobi
Sadiq Umar

I must say I am happy for sadiq umar ,and hope he takes this chance

Would have loved to see onyeka and olayinka starting today

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

21mins of premium Ghanaian rants over "little" Comoros' triumph over them. grin
Enjoyed every minute and laughed at many expressions.

He absolutely finished their Fine-Boy GK, Wollacott. Made reference to Snapchat filters obviously attacking the lad's concern for his fine face rather rather for his Goal. Lol
I don't blame the fan. Wollacott didn't make a single save yesterday. Every shot Comoros had on target was straight into the back of the net. grin A Real waste of space.

And he was even being kind tagging Joseph Wollacott a division 3 GK. He is actually a division 4 goalie. Lol
Keeps Goal for Swindon Town in English League two. That's English Fourth tier football, man.

I also didn't get why he started ahead of FC St.Gallen's Lawrence Ati and one Eupen lad in their ranks. Na Rajevac sabi. Him self collect. Lol

You know, to think that My Mum hasn't even met my Dad the last time Ghana won the Afcon is really really reallyyyyy depressing for any Ghanaian right now.

My wish and hope is that Our Super Eagles keep up the good work and go bag our 4th Afcon title to finally equal our bredas' Afcon trophy count. Then we can also rub it in their faces that we have won twice since the turn of the new millennium.

Thanks for sharing. I had a swell 21mins. Lol

They didn't CEDIS coming. grin

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:
This Sadiq Umar, is it on Egu’s contract that he has to play? The guy has been useless in two games but still gotta start today while Henry Onyekuru would remain on the bench?

O pari

Don’t call him useless

Too early to judge sadiq abeg

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin grin

jihday:
he wasn’t/isn’t a tactical genius. nothing dey him head, just hitler and vibes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
AFTV Kelechi is just wickedness personified grin I just watched his celebration for Comoros first goal cheesy Like Nigeria won the World Cup grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUlOuNhntU8

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
AFTV Kelechi is just wickedness personified grin I just watched his celebration for Comoros first goal cheesy Like Nigeria won the World Cup grin

Kelechi is a wicked person grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Anytime a big team loses against a small team, people usually attribute it to the big team taking the small team for granted. I think this is too simplistic because sometimes a big team might approach the game against the small team with seriousness yet they'd still get beat.

I'm not sure Ghana lost to Comoros because they took Comoros for granted.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:

O pari

cheesy grin grin let watch him tonight bro hopefully he will change that uselessness to fruitfulness and we can be assured of getting the almaria version of sodiq and not the rangers own grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Icon79:

O pari

Henry is not a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Which sites can i stream the match with English commentary ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:
Samuel Kalu's compilation, Watford may be the new change of environment he needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uju5JhsOXK8
What Dennis is doing is a child's play to what Kalu will do in England! Super player!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

I do feel though that if all of us were to be objective, our discourse would be arid and boring. Our personal biases is what give pep to our discussions. It's just that sometimes it can be insufferable putting up with over-the top prejudice mostly from the two notorious usual suspects.
Are the notorious ones Idenna and Komekn? Supernerd nko, is he among?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
ajagun’s main fan here was forgiveness but he was later humbled when the midfield maestro left europe for South Africa cheesy

Em eye clear

Na so pple eye go clear when nwakali slips down to the Spanish 3rd tier or move to any of the Scandinavian leagues soon cheesy

What do you mean by his eyes clear?

Was he doing well as at the time I clamored for him? Yes or No

Ajagun will be “29” years old next month and you don’t expect him to be playing football forever.

However, he had a successful career from winning the league with Dolphin to winning Greece cup with Panathinaikos. And even won Motm in the Eredivisie and Belgium pro league.

Or can you highlight how he was poor?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:
Anytime a big team loses against a small team, people usually attribute it to the big team taking the small team for granted. I think this is too simplistic because sometimes a big team might approach the game against the small team with seriousness yet they'd still get beat.

I'm not sure Ghana lost to Comoros because they took Comoros for granted.
They really did take Comoros for granted. After the draw vs Gambia, Andre Ayew said:

" André Ayew: “We are Ghana, we’re going to win our last game and go through”

They really took Comoros for granted. Comoros was training, the Ghanaian NT were dancing with the belief that they'd stroll past them hahaha

https://twitter.com/YawBuabengPR/status/1483048519632048130?t=fq50gJYx0Lrob8GbAw-cbQ&s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
The huge benefit of finishing first in our group is the fact that we'll remain in Garoua for both the Round of 16 and the quarterfinals. No need to travel and adjust to a new environment for now.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Lol. Make e no try am for Ghana ooooo. D kin shi shi wey dem go give am eeeh! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
comerade you forget to add the following
1. Special skill set not visible to everyone eyes except selected few
2. The only one with long Ball ability which no other Nigeria midfielder has.
3. The only one that can boost our ball procession and bring out the best in ndidi
Abeg I know want wahala o I just dey add to our general rank e no go good if we know decorate the uniform and ranks properly make Dem no fire us from work grin grin wink

Aribo is rubbish Nwakali is the truth…. Against Sudan he kept passing it back to retain the ball, he tried to dribble and lost it and he learnt from it….

I love players like that. Even when Ndidi was frustrated with the back passing….He kept doing it to show that he is not afraid of anyone… Who be Ndidi to vex when the midfield maestro dey spray pass?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
nelszx:

They really did take Comoros for granted. After the draw vs Gambia, Andre Ayew said:

" André Ayew: “We are Ghana, we’re going to win our last game and go through”

They really took Comoros for granted. Comoros was training, the Ghanaian NT were dancing with the belief that they'd stroll past them hahaha

https://twitter.com/YawBuabengPR/status/1483048519632048130?t=fq50gJYx0Lrob8GbAw-cbQ&s=19
Naaaa that by itself does not mean that they took Comoros for granted. That was a statement of intent. Mohammed Ali used to say he'd beat his opponent even they meet in the ring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

True bro. He did well bringing in good players but he was at a loss in using the fine tools at his disposal. The more the proliferation of talents, the more confused he became.

You nailed it, that part was not for him grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) (12336) (12337) (12338) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.