Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611220 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12329) (12330) (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:

The guy has made up to 10 posts asslicking Fifa but another person is carrying the matter for head

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2022
DarkJeddi:
I don't need to bring out any Mathematics..

I don't have to prove a negative..

The onus is on you to provide the mathematics to support your claims..

Show us the FIFA rules and how they have run afoul of it..

And while you are at it..

You can also double as the Attorney on the case of Algeria and Italy vs FIFA..

Na me go show you mathematics, so you have no idea of what you are talking about all this while, gerrarahere!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2022
Kog45:
Likely Starting XI today.
1.Uzoho--Maduka
2.Ebuehi
3.Collins---Sanusi
4.Semi---Omeruo
5.Ekong
6.Ndidi
7.Nwakili
8.Iheanacho
9.Olayinka---Awoniyi
10.Iwobi
11.Ejuke---Moses

Hmmm! Onyeka no go play? Hope dis is your own line up ooooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 10:11am On Jan 19, 2022
Subzero047:

Na me go show you mathematics, so you have no idea of what you are talking about all this while, gerrarahere!
Lol..

This one is confused..

You claimed somebody was murdered?

And you expect the defense to prove your claim to you?

Either prove the case of murder or you take a hike grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2022
If one of our Golden Legend was our NFF President by now, the respect and regard of his words and renown would have been enough to convince the likes of Watford to come open an Academy in Nigeria.

That position needs its redemption asap. We are in 2022 and the fact none have smelled that position till now is just underwhelming and sick. They've only come close. If one finally gets it and performs averagely, I'll see it as a big win, considering how far its been.

Small boy Eto'o in 1999 now thats 23yrs ago, now President and is most likely the biggest reason this Afcon is ongoing. Those potbelotos for don see Ghana must go/gandollaria and agreed to postpone.

Can't wait for this Redemption.

In other news, morroco is the only NA team looking serious but aren't. We'll be number 1 and in top 25 by the time next Afcon is holding.

We'll still be the best African team at WC again as usual. We groan for more.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:40am On Jan 19, 2022
Don Jazzy - Dede Ayew

Davido - Jordan Ayew

Wizkid - Thomas Partey

grin grin grin

BascoVanVeli:

I forget who he said Don Jazzy would sign grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
The Andre Ayew red card was disgusting. Almost as bad as the Mali situation IMO. Even the commentator said the ball was clearly there to be won.

Anyways u guys might enjoy watching this Ghanaian guy destroy the black stars grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtYLzEHeIQ

21mins of premium Ghanaian rants over "little" Comoros' triumph over them. grin
Enjoyed every minute and laughed at many expressions.

He absolutely finished their Fine-Boy GK, Wollacott. Made reference to Snapchat filters obviously attacking the lad's concern for his fine face rather rather for his Goal. Lol
I don't blame the fan. Wollacott didn't make a single save yesterday. Every shot Comoros had on target was straight into the back of the net. grin A Real waste of space.

And he was even being kind tagging Joseph Wollacott a division 3 GK. He is actually a division 4 goalie. Lol
Keeps Goal for Swindon Town in English League two. That's English Fourth tier football, man.

I also didn't get why he started ahead of FC St.Gallen's Lawrence Ati and one Eupen lad in their ranks. Na Rajevac sabi. Him self collect. Lol

You know, to think that My Mum hasn't even met my Dad the last time Ghana won the Afcon is really really reallyyyyy depressing for any Ghanaian right now.

My wish and hope is that Our Super Eagles keep up the good work and go bag our 4th Afcon title to finally equal our bredas' Afcon trophy count. Then we can also rub it in their faces that we have won twice since the turn of the new millennium.

Thanks for sharing. I had a swell 21mins. Lol

They didn't CEDIS coming. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:54am On Jan 19, 2022
Game day. Will be interesting to see how most of our bench does today. Hoping for a controlled performance especially in the middle of the park.

Would be nice to continue our 100% record definitely want them to avoid defeat so confidence going into the next game won't be dented.

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04am On Jan 19, 2022
Afcon Fun Fact: Ghana's ouster

▶️The last time Ghana crashed out in the first round of the Afcon was back in 2006 with Austin Eguavoen as Nigeria's Super Eagles Coach. He had a hand in their ouster back then.

Fast forward to 16 yrs later, Eguavoen is head of the Super Eagles Technical crew and Ghana has again crashed out. But this time, Eguavoen’s hand no dey. grin

▶️Ghana handed Comoros the perfect take-home gift. Comoros not only secured their first goals in Afcon history but their first win as well. Achieved as debutants too.

▶️Ghana crashes out without a win in the group stage. Can't recall the last time this ever happened to the 4 times Afcon Champs.

Congrats to Comoros for showing sweet and brave counter attacking football and pulling off the perfect remix of "David vs Goliath".

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 11:07am On Jan 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Rivarly doesn’t make them a powerhouse

They are four times champion. One more than Nigeria. Don't forget that too. We suffered our highest football defeat against them too.

Yes the national team hassnt won any afcon since the last 40 years or so. But then they got to the quarter-finals of the world cup in 2010, the last African team to achieve this. They've equally won the under 20 world cup. The only African team to win at this level. At the under 17 I think they've won thrice ( Nigeria has five, that's rivalry with us) that's good enough to make them an African powerhouse.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2022
safarigirl:
House please, shebi na Mowiz be Moses person?

They grew up in the same barracks in KD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13am On Jan 19, 2022
Game Day: The Super Eagles vs The Djurtus of Guinea Bissau

Today, we seek to continue our fine form and while giving a couple of players a chance to play and shine, we would not be carried away.
The Goal remains keeping the momentum going and ensuring nothing disrupts it.

Bissau will come to fight. They will come for blood. They are Wild Dogs coz that is what "Djurtus" mean.
But We are the Super Eagles. Kings of the Air. And we are ready. wink

Let's Go Eagles!!! SOAR SUPER EAGLES!!!

NA WE DEY HERE!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2022
This is a perfect opportunity to give Onyeka some game time. We need him at some point in the KO stages..

If onyeka can not be trusted in a dead rubber game , then he should have been left alone to fight for his club in the EPL!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2022
Joebie:
I think Nigeria has a bright chance lifting this cup. We need to keep working to get better.

I HAVE ALWAYS NOTICED DIS MUMU MAN ..AT EVERY START OF A TOURNEY..HE WOULD GIVE US 1MILLION REASON WHY NIGERIA WOULD FAIL IN THE TOURNAMENT..WHEN THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS AND WE START PERFORMING WELL...D IDIOT WILL CHANGE HIS STANCE...MUMU 70 YEAR OLD MAN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
What's the rule on cards? Will the yellow cards for Aribo and Aina be wiped off after the group stage?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
SerVik:
What's the rule on cards? Will the yellow cards for Aribo and Aina be wiped off after the group stage?
One card will be wiped off. That's the more reason the 2 should not be in today's game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
witorwitoutyou:

I HAVE ALWAYS NOTICED DIS MUMU MAN ..AT EVERY START OF A TOURNEY..HE WOULD GIVE US 1MILLION REASON WHY NIGERIA WOULD FAIL IN THE TOURNAMENT..WHEN THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS AND WE START PERFORMING WELL...D IDIOT WILL CHANGE HIS STANCE...MUMU 70 YEAR OLD MAN

ahhh this kind of sniper shoot is deadly no one will see it coming comerade are you an FBI agent wink but be doing what in the meme below abeg grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
I dey vibes for our match today. Jibola Adebola!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
witorwitoutyou:

You don't need to abuse to make you point. People are free to have fears and change their minds if they begin to believe.

Let us keep it peaceful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
kellycute:
I dey vibes for our match today. Jibola Adebola!!! grin

Kelly may your days be long!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

I like watching and listening to him too especially the quirks of his Ghanaian accent and pidgin English variant laced with whatever local dialect he speaks

He has over 318k subscribers on YouTube, so, he must be doing something right

He is enjoyable to watch, and it is probably because everything he says is relatable across board.

I personally would never want to watch tactical football fan analysis, and I am very sure people like me are in the majority and it may explain his large following, amongst other things.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

amen ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mamuzo13(f): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hi guys, I'm currently running a Chemistry and Biology Foundational class tutorial on WhatsApp. I call it a foundational class because we're not just covering the typical syllabus. We are teaching and simplifying problematic but key areas in Chemistry and Biology. Do you have problems balancing equations, writing electronic configurations, determining the outcome of a chemical reaction, writing iupac names, binomial nomenclature, problem with phylums and taxonomy and you are in SS1, 2, 3 or even passed. Then this interactive class is for you. The class holds 3 days a week at 7:30pm as we are trying to be considerate to those going to school and work. Fees are the cheapest. N300 per week; N100 naira per lesson. You can pay with transfer or recharge card. You can also pay before each lesson. Classes have started as at 18th January. Dm me on 09031109787 to pay and be added to the group. Payment confirms inclusion to lessons. Do not ignore this if you are preparing for external exams and you have shaky foundations in Chemistry and Biology. Please share to people who need this. Join before classes go far Thanks. �

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/bonke-innocent-fc-lorient-seal-signing-of-nigeria-player/blt82e3cba44d08278b

Make una continue to hype am while less fancied players Dey upgrade by moving to bigger and better leagues

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
Alfryd:
lol

Malawi and Cape Verde Have 4pts
same goal difference
same goal score
same yellow card (6)

CAF may draw lot on this oh
a paper of yes and No will be giving, whoever choose NO will pack his bag and follow Ghana

You are assuming Algeria will qualify or Guinea Bissau

If Nigeria wins Guinea Bissau today, both teams will most likely qualify, because I no know wetin Algeria wan play wey go make them win Ivory Coast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/bonke-innocent-fc-lorient-seal-signing-of-nigeria-player/blt82e3cba44d08278b

Make una continue to hype am while less fancied players Dey upgrade by moving to bigger and better leagues

Call him Jibola Adebola, he is a midfield generalissimo and maestro.

There is no set piece taker in the team as good as him. No midfield passer of conductor in the team as good as me.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

There is no set piece taker in the team as good as him. No midfield passer of conductor in the team as good as me.
you no well, player wey I Dey foresee to sink to Spanish 3rd tier soon cheesy

Bonke wey no even sabi ball wella don mk big move from the scandanavia to French ligue 1

Na so una still Dey hype am Onyeka from no where made a surprising leap to the English top flight

Una Dey hype am aribo left English 3rd tier for the Scottish league and currently the 2nd best player in the league and heavily tipped for a move to almighty epl just in the space of 2 abi 3 seasons

Una go still Dey hype am the likes of amoo, onyedika and few other go still join better leagues in no distant time

Mk una continue Dey condole mediocrity cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
daveP:
If one of our Golden Legend was our NFF President by now, the respect and regard of his words and renown would have been enough to convince the likes of Watford to come open an Academy in Nigeria.

That position needs its redemption asap. We are in 2022 and the fact none have smelled that position till now is just underwhelming and sick. They've only come close. If one finally gets it and performs averagely, I'll see it as a big win, considering how far its been.

Small boy Eto'o in 1999 now thats 23yrs ago, now President and is most likely the biggest reason this Afcon is ongoing. Those potbelotos for don see Ghana must go/gandollaria and agreed to postpone.

Can't wait for this Redemption.

In other news, morroco is the only NA team looking serious but aren't. We'll be number 1 and in top 25 by the time next Afcon is holding.

We'll still be the best African team at WC again as usual. We groan for more.

The greatest issue the NFF has in regard to this former player heading the Federation, is the politics involved in it.

I'm not familiar with what obtains in the Cameroonian FA, but in NFF, more often than not, one will need political backing to actually be eligible for the role of President. The President is sourced from State FAs, and State FA Chairmen are mostly lackeys of the Governor that are 'awarded' these roles for their support.

Essentially, a former player would have to present himself to the State Governor for approval, and only when he gets appointed, will he stand a chance in the bigger leagues.

I doubt Cameroon FA has a similar process. Perhaps, one just has to be registered or something, and they can contest, because I don't think he came from a State FA.

The system in Nigeria is what hinders the players from participating. Perhaps, Kanu is the closest person that can navigate through this system, or Amokachi. I don't know the relationship some other players like Odegbami have with political powers

Anyway, that's our hindrance, politics, and maybe money to some extent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

conductor for midfield and best free kick taker in the world with no assist nor goal this season cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
Papi85:
you no well, player wey I Dey foresee to sink to Spanish 3rd tier soon cheesy

Bonke wey no even sabi ball wella don mk big move from the scandanavia to French ligue 1

Na so una still Dey hype am Onyeka from no where made a surprising leap to the English top flight

Una go still Dey hype am the likes of amoo, onyedika and few other go still join better leagues in no distant time

Mk una continue Dey condole mediocrity cheesy

Have you hailed him Jibola Adebola today?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
ChrisKels:

Have you hailed him Jibola Adebola today?
I don’t hype trash. My conscience no Dey gree me no matter how I try sugarcoat am cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12329) (12330) (12331) (12332) (12333) (12334) (12335) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.