Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614471 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12396) (12397) (12398) (12399) (12400) (12401) (12402) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
jihday:
Maduka drops a cross everybody goes ‘he’s too shaky, drop him’. Uzoho parries ball like a rookie but nobody is saying he’s shaky or lacks confidence. It’s just a mindset not football related

Exactly

People need to reevaluate why they think one person is better than the other. That Uzoho's parrying was worse than Maduka's slip, perhaps, why the studio analysts put a heavy spotlight on it that day, but we no too hear anything about am for this thread.

If say na Maduka now, everything would have been different.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
maidaboi:
Yusuf and Dennis both start in Belgium and England
alhassan my man

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Exactly

People need to reevaluate why they think one person is better than the other. That Uzoho's parrying was worse than Maduka's slip, perhaps, why the studio analysts put a heavy spotlight on it that day, but we no too hear anything about am for this thread.

If say na Maduka now, everything would have been different.
many here are blinded by hate and sentiment

Uzoho is decent but no where close to maduka currently

We should be glad that we can boast of 2 young goal keepers who still have room for improvement and will guide the sticks for us in years to come

Even Carl Ikeme at maduka’ current age wasn’t as good as the latter is at the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
semid4lyfe:

I have sent you to cool off for a while.

Enjoy.

Lmao! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Later we go Dey cry racism and discrimination but na we worst pass

Some are not even happy that maduka is good looking cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
daveP:

I think its undermining to Africa's biggest football brand to see business men still doing this so called "money motivation" since forever. I hate it, no matter the intention.

Can't something wisely be done so these kind of announcements stop altogether. We aren't playing for glory with money motivation. The late MKO did this too and it caught on as far as i remember. Does more harm than good for senior team compared to the cadet teams.

These men can channel their cash to help football generally than these announcements. angry
It's crassness. Yeye people

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Anyway, Pooja has come to report Kelechi to us with his picture

I'm kind of in the middle on things here, but can I have some input from you guys?

Cc Mujtahida, Komekn, Kog45 and some other members of the thread

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

I'm kind of in the middle on things here, but can I have some input from you guys?

KC might just regard it as a trifle but I understand Pooja's feelings for not being acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
IDENNAA:

No , you use your little power to oppress people who disagree with your opinion. You are not a man of justice! You are very corrupt just like your countrymen. The guy you banned didn't break any rule....simply telling you you sound like a blind man is not offence if you couldn't ban handles calling people "crack heads" , "edu" ,"ezi" and these were reported to you.

You are corrupt and bias, semid!

Why you no tell am say na you dey behind that handle make you cool off small? Na play I Dey oooo. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
jihday:
back to his time in the Netherlands, hope you know nobody rates a coach based on a season of football? DiMatteo won UCL with Chelsea but today no serious club will hire him, Alan Pardew was once named EPL coach of the season, almost qualified Newcastle for the champions league had their highest finish in a long time but today I don’t think any serious club will go for him. As we have one season wonder players we also have one season wonder coaches, you have to be consistent to be properly rated as a coach

You can not be a poor coach and do what Oliseh did. It is impossible. Oliseh took a team from 19th to first position. That is not just winning a trophy or being named coach of the month. That is massive transformation. It can only be done by a credible hand.

I repeat. It is impossible to claim Oliseh is a poor coach after that. Look at those records carefully. Those where astonishing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:
Anyway, I just heard that Maduka posted on Twitter, and I will now be going over there to engage in my favourite pastime of reading women simp for men and men ratio them.

Perhaps, some men on this thread need to get out of their feelings and try that. I always aim to maximize my entertainment from football, on and off the pitch grin

You talk so much about Maduka for someone who claims she is not interested in him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

KC might just regard it as a trifle but I understand Pooja's feelings for not being acknowledged.

Yes, I understand where Pooja is coming from, on the basis of equity and fairness

However, we now have to bring up the matter from the angle of image rights. Does Kelechi have to give credit to him, considering it is still his image?

Also, as an aside, one of the arguments from Pooja is that Kelechi cropped out his watermark on that picture, not just that he didn't tag him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Papi85:
Later we go Dey cry racism and discrimination but na we worst pass

Some are not even happy that maduka is good looking cheesy

You are found of using this racism term in the wrong contest.. Which race is Maduka now?

You that constantly attack our local coaches to the point of swearing that you will stop watching the super eagles game if one of them become the manager, are you a racist?
You threw all sort of demeaning words at Eguavon and accused him of wanting to kick out foreign borns from the team, are you a racist?
Chill abeg... Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.
Left to me, Maduka hasn't shown in anyway to be better than Uzoho in the GWG..The number one shirt should be open for grab for both of them or any other decent goalkeeper that may emerge sooner...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2022
Mujtahida:

Maduka is solid at Sparta. Why does he fluster when in the GWG. They should get him a psychologist abeg. He has the frame to make an excellent goalkeeper. We should feel safe with him between the sticks
fluster how?

Has he committed any plunder that resulted to a goal in this on going afcon?

Abi the penalty goal he conceded was he at fault?

Why aren’t you saying anything about the save he made to deny salah?

Or you think if watford didn’t see promise in him they would hv waste money to sign him?

If you make out time to watch maduka in the colors of Sparta Rotterdam you will know the reason he is highly rated in Holland

He is not the best in Africa but currently the best we can boast of as a nation and his development is testament to that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2022
Subzero47:

You talk so much about Maduka for someone who claims she is not interested in him

The only reason I posted that, is as a follow-up to what Metal said, to tease him and people that think I cannot talk about somebody without being interested in them. I literally just catch cruise on this thread, as if I am gisting with friends

If I was talking this much about Uzoho, will you think I was interested in him?

All the people that have been talking about Nwakali, are they interested in him? Abi there is a rule about which Super Eagles player we can talk about?

In fact, everyday, from today, I will talk about Maduka on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Argentina vs Nigeria since which year ?

We should go and recall Bryan idowu abeg
Ebuehi was better than Aina during the world cup Aina didn't even make the world cup squad he even gave a cheap penalty during one of our friendlies

so rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Nne abeg who be this Pooja? We don't know him here in Republic of Zamfara grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
Please house, the match Gambia vs Tunisia had red cards. Please who (players) are the recipient of the cards.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

The only reason I posted that, is as a follow-up to what Metal said, to tease him and people that think I cannot talk about somebody without being interested in them. I literally just catch cruise on this thread, as if I am gisting with friends

If I was talking this much about Uzoho, will you think I was interested in him?

All the people that have been talking about Nwakali, are they interested in him? Abi there is a rule about which Super Eagles player we can talk about?

In fact, everyday, from today, I will talk about Maduka on this thread.

Just an observation, no vex grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
Danielnino00:

You are found of using this racism term in the wrong contest.. Which race is Maduka now?

You that constantly attack our local coaches to the point of swearing that you will stop watching the super eagles game if one of them become the manager, are you a racist?
You threw all sort of demeaning words at Eguavon and accused him of wanting to kick out foreign borns from the team, are you a racist?
Chill abeg... Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.
Left to me, Maduka hasn't shown in anyway to be better than Uzoho in the GWG..The number one shirt should be open for grab for both of them or any other decent goalkeeper that may emerge sooner...
one thing you ought to know is that I am not a sentimental person and will never be one, that’s my nature

I say things the way I see them but not to entice nor gain likes from anyone.

My reason for insulting our local coaches here on a regular is because of their nature of egunje and floading the apex team of this country with half baked players which is clear to everyone here

I was a strong rohr supporter but when thing got so bad I criticized him and supported his sacking.

I am a huge aribo fan and was called papa aribo here when he first came to the scene but also criticized him when ever he had a bad game even to an extend told people to stop calling me papa aribo that I hv disowned him

I never supported the coming of eguavoen when he was brought to replace rohr but after just 2 games in the on going afcon I made a confession here that he has turned me to a fan over night and that even if the team doesn’t win the competition as tipped by every one both here and the whole of Africa currently that he should continue with the good work he has done so far

Nwakali that I am his number 1 critic here and even said that I can’t wait for him to start against guinea so that many will see how weak he is as a midfielder had a decent game during the encounter and I posted that he has been good so far but still needs to work on his off the ball work

Baba like I said I am not a sentimental person but a realest who say things the way they are at the same way doesn’t shy away from admitting my wrong

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2022
Icon4s:

Nne abeg who be this Pooja? We don't know him here in Republic of Zamfara grin

LOL.

He is a Nigerian photo journalist in Cameroon currently.

Dem say CAF, players and photo journalists have an agreement on how photos are to be handled in the competition, so, let me see if I can find something on that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

I am honestly tired of putting on a cape for Maduka, but if you want to give the defense props for his clean sheet against Egypt, we also need to give the same defense knocks for the goal Sudan scored, because man was flying home free with that clean sheet, if Aina had not unnecessarily pulled at a jersey and stepped on a foot

The Maduka hate train is now looking like it exists for a non-football reason. Perhaps, if his looks were closer to Uzoho's, there would be more faith in his game.

He would have had a clean sheet yes, but it wasnt like he made 10 saves in the game. Your preference for him is also bias because you can't back it up with stats in the GWG, so don't cry hatred when people don't fall heads over heels for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
Papi85:
one thing you ought to know is that I am not a sentimental person and will never be one, that’s my nature

I say things the way I see them but not to entice nor gain likes from anyone.

My reason for insulting our local coaches here on a regular is because of their nature of egunje and floading the apex team of this country with half baked players which is clear to everyone here

I was a strong rohr supporter but when thing got so bad I criticized him and supported his sacking.

I am a huge aribo fan and was called papa aribo here when he first came to the scene but also criticized him when ever he had a bad game even to an extend told people to stop calling me papa aribo that I hv disowned him

I never supported the coming of eguavoen when he was brought to replace rohr but after just 2 games in the on going afcon I made a confession here that he has turned me to a fan over night and that even if the team doesn’t win the competition as tipped by every one both here and the whole of Africa currently that he should continue with the good work he has done so far

Nwakali that I am his number 1 critic here and even said that I can’t wait for him to start against guinea so that many will see how weak he is as a midfielder had a decent game during the encounter and I posted that he has been good so far but still needs to work on his off the ball work

Baba like I said I am not a sentimental person but a realest who say things the way they are at the same way doesn’t shy away from admitting my wrong

You aren't a sentimental person, but the people criticizing Maduka's performance in the GWG are?
I don't think the general opinion about Maduka is that he is terrible..He just hasn't been convincing enough, and that's the truth.. Uzoho hasn't been much convincing either... If we are to say Uzoho should be either of Maduka by virtue of the status of the club they play for, then that would be sheer hypocrisy because Uzoho was playing for a better club when Rohr went to fetch Maduka from the German fourth division...
Both of them still have time to develop and get better.. In a year or two, we should be clear on who is better...But for now, they are more or less the same...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
dkay51:

He would have had a clean sheet yes, but it wasnt like he made 10 saves in the game. Your preference for him is also bias because you can't back it up with stats in the GWG, so don't cry hatred when people fall heads over heels for him.

I don't have a preference for either of them

I have stated multiple times here that I look at both of them as the same thing. Whether na Maduka or Uzoho start, na the same thing for me

I only cape for Maduka, because there is no balance to the criticisms they get. Let us be criticising fairly, na my own be that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
Danielnino00:

You aren't a sentimental person, but the people criticizing Maduka's performance in the GWG are?
I don't think the general opinion about Maduka is that he is terrible..He just hasn't been convincing enough, and that's the truth.. Uzoho hasn't been much convincing either... If we are to say Uzoho should be either of Maduka by virtue of the status of the club they play for, then that would be sheer hypocrisy because Uzoho was playing for a better club when Rohr went to fetch Maduka from the German fourth division...
Both of them still have time to develop and get better.. In a year or two, we should be clear on who is better...But for now, they are more or less the same...
from Spanish top tier to the Cypriot league then the other from German 4th tier to the Dutch eirdivisie, emerged as his clubs best player of the season and the leagues best goal keeper, in less than 2 seasons of top flight football got a move to an epl side and currently Nigeria’s number 1

Diamond no Dey hide oooo, give respect to who deserve am

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2022
jihday:
Maduka drops a cross everybody goes ‘he’s too shaky, drop him’. Uzoho parries ball like a rookie but nobody is saying he’s shaky or lacks confidence. It’s just a mindset not football related

There are little things people pick up on that you yourself might not notice exudes confidence, that is what people are picking up on in this whole Uzoho vs Maduka ish, not just we the fans, the opponents too pick up on it and you'd see their strikers more willing to try shots from outside the box.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
Abeg, make una leave Maduka matter for now, anybody that is crushing on him na una wahala be that

I am more interested in getting feedbacks about that Kelechi and Pooja image rights brouhaha.

I've checked pictures that some other footballers have posted on social media, and I have not noticed any watermarks on any of their pictures, or even a tag. I honestly don't know where brother Pooja is coming from on a legal front.

His only argument is on a moral basis, but that is about it from what I can glean

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
Papi85:
I think those who hate or under rates maduka is doing that based on reasons best known to them

He is not among the best in the world or in Africa but the best we can boast of. Also many easily forgets that he is just 21 abi 22 and as a goal minder will get better as the day goes. He has improved massively since debuting for the team by rising from German lower leagues to the eirdvisie, was voted best keeper in Holland’s top flight, became the super eagles number 1 and recently signed for an epl team. This signifies that he is improving and has potentials to be better in the nearest future

Rohr picked him as his first choice for a reason which many thought was based on sentiment because of his German lineage but now we have a new coach who see all the keepers in training since camp resumed who also picked him as his undisputed number 1 just because he is the best we can boast of currently

I bet you guys that this much maligned lad will grow to become the best in Africa in no distant time and may turn out to be the first Nigerian goal keeper to feature in the epl

When people said Akpeyi was shaky and should not be started again, nobody questioned what he looked like or what exactly we were seeing, he was also getting accolades in SA league at the same time o. Its not club performance that matters here, we'd expect that you'd replicate same in the GWG but if thats not the case you might have to step aside.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Iheanacho should do the needful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Ebuehi was better than Aina during the world cup Aina didn't even make the world cup squad he even gave a cheap penalty during one of our friendlies

so rest

Are we playing the World Cup at the moment ,and who is even talking about the World Cup ?

Keep on living on the past and don’t talk about the present

Gave a cheap pk at friendlies but played well when it mattered most ,who dash Iceland that pk for World Cup grin

We Dey talk present football you Dey talk of 2018 ,we should Kuku say musa is better than all our players currently since he did well at the 2018 World Cup

my friend common leave this place with your 2 naira post

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
dkay51:

When people said Akpeyi was shaky and should not be started again, nobody questioned what he looked like or what exactly we were seeing, he was also getting accolades in SA league at the same time o. Its not club performance that matters here, we'd expect that you'd replicate same in the GWG but if thats not the case you might have to step aside.
no need to bring akpeyi to the picture because he is experienced and deserve all the criticism he gets because he is suppose to be better than he is now after so many years. Akpeyi is 34 if am correct

We are talking about 2 young goalies here who’s future are bright and still hv many years to get better ahead of them

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
dkay51:

If akpeyi was bad as many of you stated naija would smell the last afcon semi finals

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12396) (12397) (12398) (12399) (12400) (12401) (12402) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), elyte89, comodo, Samueltemi337(m), ekehopp2, humility33(m), mkrest(m), Badbunny and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.