Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777064 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12408) (12409) (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
daveP:
Guyyyyyyyy. grin grin

ToldYouSo-ism!!

grin

Make dem try be like Humility small. Dude no dey waste time to swing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
mostob:
Bro... rarely will you see a girl who is so good when it comes to football analysis and I admire her for that.
But her frequent posts about how maduka is fine, how people are gushing in him blah blah blah... That is somewhat ridiculous.
I mean, nothing bad in gushing about someone's attractiveness but it becomes a problem when done almost every minute especially in a football thread like here and in the middle of a tourney.
Like ....are we so starved of reasonable topic to discuss?

I was saying I would not encourage this discussion any further, but frequent posts about Maduka being fine and women gushing over him? Frequent? How? Almost every minute? How? Why are you exaggerating?

What is your actual problem if someone is gushing about a man's looks assuming I even do it every minute?

I have not spoken about Maduka every minute on this thread, I have not even spoken about him in days if not yesterday, and we were talking about his save against Egypt and his footballing abilities.

Why are you exaggerating? Why are you so bothered about another man's looks being spoken about? Have I sexualised him? Have I said anything untoward of him? Why are you bothered that a man's looks are being praised on this thread?

Why are you exaggerating?

Why can't you people just leave this matter? Why bring me back to it?

I have ignored certain things, does not mean I will ignore everything. If people are making untoward comments on my person because I came here to catch cruise, why should I ignore it?

Do you know that if you come here and gush about a girl, I will follow you and laugh about it? That is how secure I am, I do not take offense that someone is gushing over a person of my gender, unless when it is just blatant sexualisation of the person.

Honestly, I have not done anything to be so heavily maligned like this on this thread and you people will not steal my joy because I want to share it here.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
I enjoy people gushing over Nigerian men so much, so so much, because it brings me pride as a Nigerian

I come here to post about it when it is our player, because I see this place as somewhere I have friends that I can share anything with.

Why some people have taken it so personal, that they have turned my joy to crude jokes is something I will never understand.

This place is more than just a football thread for me, far more than that, this is my safe space, where I have my people and I can come and cruise.

Why some people have taken my cruise to make unfounded accusations is what I will never understand. Are you so bereft of joy in your life that you decide to steal another person's own?

I cannot celebrate a Nigerian man here because other Nigerian men find it offensive? Why are you bothered that your fellow man is getting accolades? Check yourself, because I am not the one here that has issues.

If they are praising a Nigerian man on social media, I will always be excited by it, and I will always share it. I'm very sorry if some of you cannot also enjoy the attention

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
Oasis001:
grin

Some Monikers are damn funny on this Thread. We top our Group with 9pts, conceded just a Goal (pk), yet we shouldn't be optimistic or confident of destroying Tunisia that couldn't make it to the next stage honorably, rather pitifully tagged along.

If our Players are having this kinda defeatism Mentality, we wouldn't have made to the next Round like Ghana. Defeatist should calm down for Triumphalist. We've got to keep the Confidence as Fans, coz it has become a Catalyst, a big Push, great Motivator for the Boys and their Handlers.

Tunisia should be ready to be barbecued. Our Eagles ain't carthage but super.

Help me announce this please

Imagine having a perfect record, and some people are trying to convince us that a team that finished third will dispatch of our team and we should not be confident.

How?

The only thing that can make Tunisia defeat Nigeria is that luck was simply not on our side on the day. Player for player, coach for coach, team for team, stat for stat, Tunisia cannot touch us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
Like I said, only luck

At this point, are we even sure Tunisia should be in this tournament if so many of them are catching COVID? Make dem no come spread am to us

Please, anyone who isn't COVID free should not travel to begin with

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:
Like I said, only luck

At this point, are we even sure Tunisia should be in this tournament if so many of them are catching COVID? Make dem no come spread am to us

The funny thing is that Tunisia initially released a 18 man list for the AFCON grin .. I dunno when they extended it to 28 or so. They never saw this coming...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Danielnino00:

The funny thing is that Tunisia initially released a 18 man list for the AFCON grin .. I dunno when they extended it to 28 or so. They never saw this coming...

18-man list?

How did they plan to pull it off?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
komekn:

I would not say so , they have just not been so successful in recent times.

And don't get on our high horse's, Ndidi failed an MRI scan in 2013 and had to leave the squad.

Are you saying Ndidi was not part of our U17 scouting program and was not part of the team? The MRI stopped him from participating in the competition but he was part of the whole process.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

I was saying I would not encourage this discussion any further, but frequent posts about Maduka being fine and women gushing over him? Frequent? How? Almost every minute? How? Why are you exaggerating?

What is your actual problem if someone is gushing about a man's looks assuming I even do it every minute?

I have not spoken about Maduka every minute on this thread, I have not even spoken about him in days if not yesterday, and we were talking about his save against Egypt and his footballing abilities.

Why are you exaggerating? Why are you so bothered about another man's looks being spoken about? Have I sexualised him? Have I said anything untoward of him? Why are you bothered that a man's looks are being praised on this thread?

Why are you exaggerating?

Why can't you people just leave this matter? Why bring me back to it?

I have ignored certain things, does not mean I will ignore everything. If people are making untoward comments on my person because I came here to catch cruise, why should I ignore it?

Do you know that if you come here and gush about a girl, I will follow you and laugh about it? That is how secure I am, I do not take offense that someone is gushing over a person of my gender, unless when it is just blatant sexualisation of the person.

Honestly, I have not done anything to be so heavily maligned like this on this thread and you people will not steal my joy because I want to share it here.

Please relax and post what you want. This is a public thread. Some people will like it, some people won't. However, is that your fault or problem?

Post for those who like it. We all have similarities and differences.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
For real I’m just trying to be modest, I don’t see how the Carthage eagles will escape it.

For the first time in my life, or maybe a long time sha, the kind energy or vibes or body odour this present eagles carry they shak people.

The greatest pessimist who I know, he’s never said anything positive or encouraging about the eagles(he PASSIONATELY hates rohr) omo, na him use him mouth confess to the lord.

I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know, we are just so playing well. Playing beautifully well, hence the unwavering confidence.

Nigeria 2-0tunisia. Or Nig3-0 Tunisia, or NiG3-1Tunisa. Tunisians, choose one.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Please relax and post what you want. This is a public thread. Some people will like it, some people won't. However, is that you fault or problem?

Post for those who like it. We all have similarities and differences.

Thank you.

Some people on this thread clearly do not realise that a football tournament is not just a celebration of football, but a celebration of people and cultures.

Nigerians are being celebrated heavily in this AFCON, and it is bringing me so much joy that I come here to share it.

Some people think AFCON is EPL, and it is not the same. Club Football is just football, there is no celebration of cultures there, the same is not said of International football.

This is an avenue for people to see and admire your country and its people, not just to watch football. Everything about Nigeria is getting hype, and I will bask in every part of that hype, including Maduka Okoye, Semi Ajayi and Aribo admirations, because it is part of the beauty of a football tournament.

Nobody should expect me to just come here and discuss only football, when the discussions about Nigeria have exceeded football. The same Maduka has been on Nairaland Front Page up to 3 times in the last one week, maybe they should tell the mods to stop pushing his news to Front Page too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ennyjay69:
someone also said he dreamt that they beat us 2 1 yesterday on whatsapp

Eiii God
grin grin fire fire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
Smiling at the thought of Tunisia's destruction

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:
Like I said, only luck

Laughing just seeing this while we Bank On It plays at the background grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:
I enjoy people gushing over Nigerian men so much, so so much, because it brings me pride as a Nigerian

I come here to post about it when it is our player, because I see this place as somewhere I have friends that I can share anything with.

Why some people have taken it so personal, that they have turned my joy to crude jokes is something I will never understand.

This place is more than just a football thread for me, far more than that, this is my safe space, where I have my people and I can come and cruise.

Why some people have taken my cruise to make unfounded accusations is what I will never understand. Are you so bereft of joy in your life that you decide to steal another person's own?

I cannot celebrate a Nigerian man here because other Nigerian men find it offensive? Why are you bothered that your fellow man is getting accolades? Check yourself, because I am not the one here that has issues.

If they are praising a Nigerian man on social media, I will always be excited by it, and I will always share it. I'm very sorry if some of you cannot also enjoy the attention
Don't mind them. It's either holier-than-thou vibes or they're just plain ugly

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ghana kicking our asses in 2008 comes to mind. cheesy grin
mostob:
this is no more funny grin grin

You guys should stop.

I don't think there is a time Nigeria has ever failed to make the top four in AFCON. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
Common, take am easy. Let trend trend. cheesy grin. Let the ladies have their moments. And you too dey talk sense, we go find your post. cheesy grin
mostob:
We're talking about Nwakali from football POV not something that has to do with attractiveness, physique, handsomeness or Twitter followers.

It's better you take your obsessiveness with Maduka to Twitter(his DM maybe) and stop disturbing our football atmosphere here. Whatever you're doing with his picture in the corner of your room ain't our business here madam

We're here for football only please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
The Tunisians will no doubt have a plan for Moses Simon.

I wonder what our plan B will be.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Starboytwo:
For real I’m just trying to be modest, I don’t see how the Carthage eagles will escape it.

For the first time in my life, or maybe a long time sha, the kind energy or vibes or body odour this present eagles carry they shak people.

The greatest pessimist who I know, he’s never said anything positive or encouraging about the eagles(he PASSIONATELY hates rohr) omo, na him use him mouth confess to the lord.

I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know, we are just so playing well. Playing beautifully well, hence the unwavering confidence.

Nigeria 2-0tunisia. Or Nig3-0 Tunisia, or NiG3-1Tunisa. Tunisians, choose one.

You are speaking nothing but pure facts .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Predictions

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

Thank you.

Some people on this thread clearly do not realise that a football tournament is not just a celebration of football, but a celebration of people and cultures.

Nigerians are being celebrated heavily in this AFCON, and it is bringing me so much joy that I come here to share it.

Some people think AFCON is EPL, and it is not the same. Club Football is just football, there is no celebration of cultures there, the same is not said of International football.

This is an avenue for people to see and admire your country and its people, not just to watch football. Everything about Nigeria is getting hype, and I will bask in every part of that hype, including Maduka Okoye, Semi Ajayi and Aribo admirations, because it is part of the beauty of a football tournament.

Nobody should expect me to just come here and discuss only football, when the discussions about Nigeria have exceeded football. The same Maduka has been on Nairaland Front Page up to 3 times in the last one week, maybe they should tell the mods to stop pushing his news to Front Page too.
Ignore and continue the posts, some people will like it others would not. About the Pooja issue, perhaps KC should simply acknowledge the guy.
I really do not like comparing players as it brings out the bias aspect of this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Odunayaw:
Don't mind them. It's either holier-than-thou vibes or they're just plain ugly

It is clearly a them problem, because somebody who is secure in their masculinity and their own looks, will not be bothered that another person's looks are being celebrated enough to tell people to stop celebrating it.

It's not that deep to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I get your point very clearly but just understand that you are a man, she is a woman. Difference dey. You know, sometimes you have to see things from another's perspective. Some men do behave similarly when it comes to women's football. In fact, men do worse by bodyshaming the ugly ones. Lastly, it's not really been as frequent as you're saying. When something starts to annoy someone, he begins to take note more often grin.
Ok..I got you bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
His point is rather quite simple. Nigeria doesn't do much in identifying foreign-born talents when they are still in diapers. You cannot wait until they start making waves and hope that by some dumb luck they will look your way. You will have to settle for the average ones.
humility33:

Oga stop mentioning players that is beyond our reach

U sef I tire for u...it's like you love seeing Nigeria been embarrassed by some of this innit boys

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
You too stop driving it in. Ah. cheesy grin. You too like vawulence.
safarigirl:

It is clearly a them problem, because somebody who is secure in their masculinity and their own looks, will not be bothered that another person's looks are being celebrated enough to tell people to stop celebrating it.

It's not that deep to be honest.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
cc12:
The players especially Iheanacho usually call Onyekuru "Oke" meaning rat.

Picturing onyekuru's diminutive physique and the 'oke' is making me laugh

grin grin grin

Shey better name no dey ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Oasis001:

grin

Some People are full of negativity. Their mind is as dark as elf.
Kai...tango 32 reporting...shot fired...I repeat..shot fired.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:
Smiling at the thought of Tunisia's destruction
He might not even be the main person that will shine. I have a feeling it might just be Awoniyi stealing the headlines
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
kellycute:
na malaria induced dream be that bro. Abeg dream another one wey favor us

grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
All i would add to this is simple. Maduka if you are listening, be careful. Before you end up in Indonesia in the prime of your life. Wisdom is a principal thing. cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ghana has fired Milovan Rajevic

Perhaps, Jose Peseiros can drop by and give them his CV

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12408) (12409) (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.