Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11625401 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) (12415) (12416) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
That's the spirit

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
Papi85:
I know carney and hv seen him play but I think we don’t stand a chance getting him

He is a pogba/Bellingham type of player

The Key is early relationship.

I really don't know a EPL Academy that doesn't have a good number of Nigerian origin players at every level of their academy.

You create relationship early but we don't.

The reason is very clear there is no personal pecuniary advantage to be gained by our NFF officials and so they are not interested.

You may find this hard to believe (Maybe),but I have reached out to NFF officials and had some discussions. I can see they are not really interested.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
soetanoreoluwa:

You remember 2013 afcon? When everybody think CIV will beat Nigeria black and blue then NFF already book ticket for us before the match but somehow we won.

Fast forward today, the same everybody is tipping Nigeria to win Tunisia cos of their poor performance and covid 19 problem.

We just need to be very careful and do the needful or else we are out of the tournament.

Omoh, people heart go break like 2018 WC match against Argentina.

However, this dream won't come to reality.

Amen oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2022
humility33:

Minfelix bro...Which kind of dream is this

Bro it is not every dream you must share na
This dream brings fear imagine the super eagles players seeing this

Abeg ooo
Me self pray against that dream ooooooo....abeg make una forgive me in dat dream shared by me.....e no go work in Jesus name grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
maidaboi:
The ref was being kind..he suspended Dennis so he can
have time to watch all the Afcon games without interruption

Copied

I can't stop laughing LOL

Leave Dennis alone

Nigeria is doing well at the afcon yet Na Dennis wey no come afcon still be your problem

Una can Dey emotional sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
jihday:

Ndidi vs. Bissouma
Chances created: 4-2
Tackles: 12-2
Interceptions: 5-1
Recoveries: 32-9
Clearances: 2-0
Acc. Passes: 145-100
Blocks: 3-1
Duels won: 27-10
I don't know what they are smoking in 6th of October city,Cairo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
codemaniacs:

it is not wise to reach out to foreign born talents

it is better for them to be the ones to reach out same way Ashleigh Plumptre reached out, not all foreign borns identify with the country of their parents.

Nigeria also has a huge number of Nigerian born players to choose from...

the inferiority complex that made you say "You cannot wait until they start making waves and hope that by some dumb luck they will look your way. You will have to settle for the average ones."...

why can't they be "making waves" and still express their desire to play for the SE

why aren't Nigeria born players that are making waves like Samuel Adegbenro, Emmnuel Bonke, Simy and Akinkunmi Amoo called to the S.E

You really lack knowledge and I am sorry quite ignorant.

I have met persons of Nigerian origin who have never been to Nigeria but are able to speak fluent Igbo, Yoruba and Uhrobo.

At the same time there are Nigerian born and resident children who have never left Nigeria, but cannot speak their local languages.

So who identifies with Nigeria the most

Your don't select yourself for Nigeria , Nigeria must come to you and select you, not the other way round.

Why is it not wise to reach out Nigerian origin players in Europe ,pleasei tell us ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
komekn:

The Key is early relationship.

I really don't know a EPL Academy that doesn't have a good number of Nigerian origin players at every level of their academy.

You create relationship early but we don't.

The reason is very clear there is no personal pecuniary advantage to be gained by our NFF officials and so they are not interested.

You may find this hard to believe (Maybe),but I have reached out to NFF officials and had some discussions. I can see they are not really interested.
So for every youngster with Nigerian origin (over 10,000 as you stated in this thread sometimes ago) we should maintain a relationship with them?

How do you suggest we do that please?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
More from Ndidi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
minfelix:
I jus jumped out of one kind nonsense dream now grin, Nigeria leading Tunisia 1-0, inside my dream NEPA took light, turning on my Generator only for me to see Tunisia leading us 2-1 @ 82nd mins, and Moses given a penalty after being fouled in the box 18... Keeper saved penalty, iheanacho playing the rebound to hit bar grin....Ndidi red carded due to his frustrating tackles....
Thank God I force myself to wake up, so the game didn't end...we may equalize grin
Plsss all prayer warriors in the house oya join me, let's pray against this jagajaga dream.... Holy ghoooooooooooosssssttttt!!!!

Guy go treat malaria abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
Our doors are not close. Any foreign born that wants to play for us should make himself available. This will help us know. We can not start flying NFF officials to convince foreign borns to identify with us.

We should focus on channelling our efforts to harnessing our local talents as we did in the near past. With thorough scouting programs.

The door remains open to all.

Our efforts remain focused inside the country.

That is how we will build a superior pool of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
3rd round WC qualifiers draw is about to happen in a few mins! Tune in on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDhSwNFIiE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2022

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Draws live now. let's go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
You know who. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
If Nigeria looses tomorrow, it will be because of luck, sad it may seem, I will be fine with the progress I have seen so far..

But in football most times, luck is with the better team, Nigeria can never be complacent against a north African team, it's a mindset thing, so if luck us against us tomorrow, it's fine, I don't know why una dey stress.

I feel Nigeria we will 3-0 because they have bee the best team in terms of tatic, performance, game play, entertainment this afcon, and from the first game I tipped us to win, just line I saw italy winning euros after thier first game, a classy team is in tournament mode in a tournament they have good history with, it's unlikely they will not grab it..

Nigeria vs Cameroon for finals.
Nigeria winning it....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ppogbae:
3rd round WC qualifiers draw is about to happen in a few mins! Tune in on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDhSwNFIiE

Infantino still dey yarn beans

Wish I could fast forward to the main thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
kingphilip:

So for every youngster with Nigerian origin (over 10,000 as you stated in this thread sometimes ago) we should maintain a relationship with them?

How do you suggest we do that please?

It's very simplistic.

You pick out the ones that are outstanding consistent and on top of the game. That means some will move up some may move down.

But when the time is right you invite them.

But the problem is not the player's but the NFF. There is just too much Godfatherism and conflicting interests. So certain player's will be promoted to meet the interest of different stakeholders.

NFF officials have relationship with players based on what is in it for them. You really cannot ignore these conflicting interests. Because they mitigate against the quest for the best possible players to be selected in the SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Leave Dennis alone

Nigeria is doing well at the afcon yet Na Dennis wey no come afcon still be your problem

Una can Dey emotional sha
lol you don't love Dennis more than me bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
You people did not tell me El Hadji Diouf is such a fine man

And why is Adebayor carrying beard? E no fit am, it's too much

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:12pm On Jan 22, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Our doors are not close. Any foreign born that wants to play for us should make himself available. This will help us know. We can not start flying NFF officials to convince foreign borns to identify with us.

We should focus on channelling our efforts to harnessing our local talents as we did in the near past. With thorough scouting programs.

The door remains open to all.

Our efforts remain focused inside the country.

That is how we will build a superior pool of players.

Your naked prejudice ,bias and refusal to instill a merit based system to anchor ⚓ team selection upon. Makes it impossible for someone to like you to understand and appreciate.

There are now millions of Nigerians who live outside Nigeria that's a pool of talent that you simply cannot relate to.

The door remains closed to those who want fair play and merit based selection.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
maidaboi:
lol you don't love Dennis more than me bro

Everybody go Dey alright

Eagles are doing well and we are winning tomorrow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
mostob:
Bro..the good thing about this team is we don't have a star man. If they cage Moses, Aribo will run the show from the midfield or we switch to Chuks' wing. At worst, Olayinka can come in and we resort to a fluid front 3.
There is no way this team can be caged IMO

Yeah, makes sense.

Was just looking at the last afcon where our wingers ran the South Africans ragged in the qtrs but Algeria came with a plan for them in the semis and we couldn't find an answer till the end of the match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Una dey over-analyze tomorrow match. The coaching crew and players just need to stay focussed and treat this Tunisia match like another serious match. We are beating Tunisia. fans.need to chill. Based on what we have seen so far in the tournament Nigeria is a clear favorite even to to get to the final.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
komekn:

Your naked prejudice ,bias and refusal to instill a merit based system to anchor ⚓ team selection upon. Makes it impossible for someone to like you to understand and appreciate.

There are now millions of Nigerians who live outside Nigeria that's a pool of talent that you simply cannot relate to.

The door remains closed to those who want fair play and merit based selection.

Merit based how again.

We should force Ademola Lookman to play without clearance or what?

Let them declare their interest then the coach will select those he feels can make the team. Ask Iwobi.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by donvicky2007: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dannyxy:
If Nigeria looses tomorrow, it will be because of luck, sad it may seem, I will be fine with the progress I have seen so far..

But in football most times, luck is with the better team, Nigeria can never be complacent against a north African team, it's a mindset thing, so if luck us against us tomorrow, it's fine, I don't know why una dey stress.

I feel Nigeria we will 3-0 because they have bee the best team in terms of tatic, performance, game play, entertainment this afcon, and from the first game I tipped us to win, just line I saw italy winning euros after thier first game, a classy team is in tournament mode in a tournament they have good history with, it's unlikely they will not grab it..

Nigeria vs Cameroon for finals.
Nigeria winning it....

According to the draw, Nigeria and Cameroon can't meet in the finals, they will only meet in the semi-finals and one of them will progress to the finals ie, if they both progress upto semi-finals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Egypt v Senegal World cup draw!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Egypt senegal. Eh don red grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Game 1

Egypt vs. Senegal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Our strikers will come good. our opponents should ignore them at their own peril

Nomyth:

Yeah, makes sense.

Was just looking at the last afcon where our wingers ran the South Africans ragged in the qtrs but Algeria came with a plan for them in the semis and we couldn't find an answer till the end of the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
Cameroon vs. Algeria

Thank God

We can handle the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viciati(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
cameroun vs Algeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12410) (12411) (12412) (12413) (12414) (12415) (12416) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Christology(m), waffiboi, KpagoGIN(m), lukasa and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.