Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,402 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11759759 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30
Napoleon55:

some of us know why
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30
grin

There should be no doubts about George's coaching qualifications. He holds the UEFA Pro License, the highest certification a coach can obtain, after taking the requisite courses.

Having learned from the famous Ajax academy and Dutch "Total Football" philosophy as a player, Finidi will likely aim to instil an attacking, possession-based style with the Super Eagles.

His Ajax roots give him an outstanding coaching pedigree and this should excite Super Eagles fans.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/5-things-to-know-about-new-nigeria-super-eagles-coach-finidi-george-2024042917343846997
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:45pm On Apr 30
Oasis007:
grin

There should be no doubts about George's coaching qualifications. He holds the UEFA Pro License, the highest certification a coach can obtain, after taking the requisite courses.

Having learned from the famous Ajax academy and Dutch "Total Football" philosophy as a player, Finidi will likely aim to instil an attacking, possession-based style with the Super Eagles.

His Ajax roots give him an outstanding coaching pedigree and this should excite Super Eagles fans.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/5-things-to-know-about-new-nigeria-super-eagles-coach-finidi-george-2024042917343846997

Sorry, that report seems packaged. Where did Finidi get UEFA Pro license from when last year he was not allowed to seat in games because he lacks a UEFA Pro Coaching License?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:47pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
I no knw why this Amuneke’s rejection just dey swt me since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See as belle dey swt me like person wey em wife born twins 🤣🤣🤣🤣

This guy na werey 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:49pm On Apr 30
Looking at this stat and the logic some people apply here, Saka is better than C Ronaldo was because when Ronaldo had those stats, he was running at unfit defenders that drink and club all night, unlike the ones Saka faces today.

grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Apr 30
Amuneke best to handle Super Eagles, give him the job

My name is Adewale Ajayi, i am a licenced football intermediary, a match commissioner with repute, a respected football commentator and analyst, a former media officer of the Nigerian Under 20 national football team and above all, a major Stakeholder.

For 15 good years before I left Nigeria for greener pastures abroad, I have done businesses with Nigeria coaches. I have worked with many from close quarters, I have seen their pre match notes, I have sat down with many to discuss the beautiful game, I have seen them prepare their teams for matches, i have seen their training routines and I have come to the conclusion that, there are not too many sound and intelligent Nigerian coaches around.

However, in 2015, former NFF president Amaju Pinnick appointed me as the media officer of the Under 20 National team of Nigeria. That was the team that had the likes of Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze, Kelechi Nwankali, Orji Okonkwo, Kingsley Michael and a few more stars who have moved on to write their names in gold.

The head coach of that team, was Emmanuel Amunike. We traveled to North, South, East and Western part of Africa for friendlies and qualifiers and we won over 60 matches on the road. We trashed Burundi in Bujumbara and humbled Sudan in Omdurman. The team played with the confidence of Real Madrid and flourished with the brilliance of Barcelona they dazzled with the fluency of Arsenal and never showed any of Chelsea’s weaknesses.

The stars in this team shone on every match day, the unity in camp was superb. The training routine was second to none, the determination to win was top notch.

On match days, we travel to match venues not afraid of the outcome, all we thought about is how many goals we will score on the day. That team was just too good. Unfortunately, we didn’t qualify for the World Cup due to the nonchalant attitude of the then NFF towards our preparation.

The boys knew that the game against Sudan was their final qualifying match to the world cup and got scared that if they beat Sudan, the team will be decamped and their backlog of allowances will not be paid, so they went on a three day strike few days to the return leg of their home tie with the North Africans whom they have already defeated 2-1 in Omdurman

That was the straw that break the camel’s back, as Nigeria lost 3-2 to Sudan in Lagos to kiss the World Cup goodbye. I wept on the day because I was sad that the world didn’t have an opportunity to see the best Under 20 national team ever assembled by Nigeria. A team comprising of young and enterprising players who one year ago, won the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Chile.

What left me more devastated is the fact that one of Africa’s finest football coaches, Emmanuel Amunike didn’t have the opportunity to showcase his talents and his wards to the world audience. However I am happy to know that few years later, he went to Tanzania and qualified the Taifa stars to their first African Cup of Nations after over 30years.

It is public Knowledge that as one of the applicants for the Advertised Super Eagles job Emmanuel Amuneke, a Nigerian, possesses High Coaching Credentials including the Mandatory CAF A License and the prestigious UEFA Masters Degree Coaching Certificate; UEFA Pro License; UEFA A, B and C Licenses. Among the Front-runners, he is the only one who has qualified an African country for AFCON as he qualified the East African country Tanzania for AFCON after 30 years in the wilderness.

It is also on Record too, that Amuneke has developed the bulk of the present Super Eagles top players including the Reigning African Best Player of the Year, Victor Osimhen; AC Milan winger Samuel Chukwueze and Kelechi Nwakali whom he coached to win for Nigeria and Africa, the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy twice as Assistant and Head Coach of the Golden Eaglets.

Above all, he has been FIFA and CAF Technical Study Group (TSG) Member in recent time. Both institutions don’t give novices such responsibility.

So who is still saying that our indigenous coaches cannot lead the Super Eagles?

Who is better to get the Best out of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze in the present Super Eagles than the Man who “moulded” them to become the Stars of today?

Who can command Nigeria and Africa’s Poster Boy-Victor Osimhen’s Respect in the Super Eagles of today than the Coach he Decorated with his CAF Best Player of the Year Award and called him “My Mentor”?

I don’t have anything against Finidi, I am only saying that the only local coach we can trust to take us to Eldorado is Emmanuel Amunike, if not, let’s go and get a foreign coach. I rest my case.

Give Amuneke the job and hold me responsible if he he fails. If you must do that, do it now!

We don’t have much time to plan.

https://blueprint.ng/amuneke-best-to-handle-super-eagles-give-him-the-job/

cc: TheSuperNerd, robosky02

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:54pm On Apr 30
mostob:
Mere fallacy my brother. Man just dey show off here.
😆😆😆😆😂😹
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:14pm On Apr 30
ChrisKels:
Looking at this stat and the logic some people apply here, Saka is better than C Ronaldo was because when Ronaldo had those stats, he was running at unfit defenders that drink and club all night, unlike the ones Saka faces today.

grin grin

Zidane and De Bruyne is career related. De Bruyne has surpassed Zidane's career goals and assists stats. What your posting there is not close to career stats of CR7. Understand the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30
A coach who knows how to utilize his players and what he has to get consistent results is best suited for super eagles than the one who is all about possession style football,because of time.
There is nothing wrong with possessive football if we have the right players to execute it.

If we are going to expect Finidi to play that kind football,then he will need time so he can scout for more players and right players,and I don't think Nigerians and NFF will exercise that kind patience
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 3:22pm On Apr 30
charlesemeka85:
I no knw why this Amuneke’s rejection just dey swt me since yesterday 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

See as belle dey swt me like person wey em wife born twins 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You know why and i know why too 😅😅
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30
Napoleon55:
A coach who knows how to utilize his players to get consistent results is best suited for super eagles than the ones is all about possession style football.
There is nothing wrong with possessive football if we have the right players to execute it.

If we are going to expect Finidi to play that kind football,then he will need time so he can scout for more players and right players,and I don't think Nigerians and NFF will exercise that kind patience

But Nigerians and NFF have patience to stay with docile football and lack of team growth for years with Peseiro and Rohr. LOL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30
Amunike is way different from Finidi.

And who else on this thread is more pro-Amunike than TheGoodJoe and I? This is one of those times when you just want to yap with no concrete grounds on what you say.

Point out a pro-Amunike moniker in here bigger than TheGoodJoe and myself. Do it.

mostob:
You two are
not the major Pro-Amunike here please.

What I said is a normal scenario. I would say the same thing had it been Amunike was the one appointed. The camp of the one who lost out will always have the notion that their fave would have done better.

Amunike is not different from Finidi. Both are the same.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30
Ahhh I see. You have been thinking way off the marks lately. You don't even follow the discussions because you are just Anti-Amunike and would rather have Finidi because you don't want Amunike.

That is just the case here for most people okay with Finidi but glad Amunike didn't get the job. Lol

Anyway, please show us who said finidi has no coaching license.

mostob:
I thought they said Finidi did not have any coaching license.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aicon4s: 3:36pm On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
Amunike is way different from Finidi.

And who else on this thread is more pro-Amunike than TheGoodJoe and I? This is one of those times when you just want to yap with no concrete grounds on what you say.

Point out a pro-Amunike moniker in here bigger than TheGoodJoe and myself. Do it.

Hi,

I am not sure you are more pro-Amuneke than I wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:36pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

Sorry, that report seems packaged. Where did Finidi get UEFA Pro license from when last year he was not allowed to seat in games because he lacks a UEFA Pro Coaching License?

grin

......which game sir?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30
Naah... it is okay, my good man TheGoodJoe. They don't understand why we want Amunike. And they never will until we experience more failures, drawbacks and finally have to settle for Amunike.

Samson Siasia was the only other top option from the local scene but man's ban expires in August this year.

If not these two, then get a sound foreign coach and pay him.

But no... we play cheap ass politics and sentiments with everything.

Finidi is our coach and we will all support him together. Anywhere he takes us, we see it like that. Good or bad. For best or worst.

TheGoodJoe:

My name is Adewale Ajayi, i am a licenced football intermediary, a match commissioner with repute, a respected football commentator and analyst, a former media officer of the Nigerian Under 20 national football team and above all, a major Stakeholder.

For 15 good years before I left Nigeria for greener pastures abroad, I have done businesses with Nigeria coaches. I have worked with many from close quarters, I have seen their pre match notes, I have sat down with many to discuss the beautiful game, I have seen them prepare their teams for matches, i have seen their training routines and I have come to the conclusion that, there are not too many sound and intelligent Nigerian coaches around.

However, in 2015, former NFF president Amaju Pinnick appointed me as the media officer of the Under 20 National team of Nigeria. That was the team that had the likes of Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze, Kelechi Nwankali, Orji Okonkwo, Kingsley Michael and a few more stars who have moved on to write their names in gold.

The head coach of that team, was Emmanuel Amunike. We traveled to North, South, East and Western part of Africa for friendlies and qualifiers and we won over 60 matches on the road. We trashed Burundi in Bujumbara and humbled Sudan in Omdurman. The team played with the confidence of Real Madrid and flourished with the brilliance of Barcelona they dazzled with the fluency of Arsenal and never showed any of Chelsea’s weaknesses.

The stars in this team shone on every match day, the unity in camp was superb. The training routine was second to none, the determination to win was top notch.

On match days, we travel to match venues not afraid of the outcome, all we thought about is how many goals we will score on the day. That team was just too good. Unfortunately, we didn’t qualify for the World Cup due to the nonchalant attitude of the then NFF towards our preparation.

The boys knew that the game against Sudan was their final qualifying match to the world cup and got scared that if they beat Sudan, the team will be decamped and their backlog of allowances will not be paid, so they went on a three day strike few days to the return leg of their home tie with the North Africans whom they have already defeated 2-1 in Omdurman

That was the straw that break the camel’s back, as Nigeria lost 3-2 to Sudan in Lagos to kiss the World Cup goodbye. I wept on the day because I was sad that the world didn’t have an opportunity to see the best Under 20 national team ever assembled by Nigeria. A team comprising of young and enterprising players who one year ago, won the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in Chile.

What left me more devastated is the fact that one of Africa’s finest football coaches, Emmanuel Amunike didn’t have the opportunity to showcase his talents and his wards to the world audience. However I am happy to know that few years later, he went to Tanzania and qualified the Taifa stars to their first African Cup of Nations after over 30years.

It is public Knowledge that as one of the applicants for the Advertised Super Eagles job Emmanuel Amuneke, a Nigerian, possesses High Coaching Credentials including the Mandatory CAF A License and the prestigious UEFA Masters Degree Coaching Certificate; UEFA Pro License; UEFA A, B and C Licenses. Among the Front-runners, he is the only one who has qualified an African country for AFCON as he qualified the East African country Tanzania for AFCON after 30 years in the wilderness.

It is also on Record too, that Amuneke has developed the bulk of the present Super Eagles top players including the Reigning African Best Player of the Year, Victor Osimhen; AC Milan winger Samuel Chukwueze and Kelechi Nwakali whom he coached to win for Nigeria and Africa, the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy twice as Assistant and Head Coach of the Golden Eaglets.

Above all, he has been FIFA and CAF Technical Study Group (TSG) Member in recent time. Both institutions don’t give novices such responsibility.

So who is still saying that our indigenous coaches cannot lead the Super Eagles?

Who is better to get the Best out of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze in the present Super Eagles than the Man who “moulded” them to become the Stars of today?

Who can command Nigeria and Africa’s Poster Boy-Victor Osimhen’s Respect in the Super Eagles of today than the Coach he Decorated with his CAF Best Player of the Year Award and called him “My Mentor”?

I don’t have anything against Finidi, I am only saying that the only local coach we can trust to take us to Eldorado is Emmanuel Amunike, if not, let’s go and get a foreign coach. I rest my case.

Give Amuneke the job and hold me responsible if he he fails. If you must do that, do it now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:45pm On Apr 30
Finidi has proved him winning the NPFL last season ain't a fluke. Very rare in the league to win and still a favourite the following season.

As at today, Finidi's Enyimba is 2 points behind the League Leader, Enugu Rangers. Finidi played free flow, attacking football in his first season at Enyimba but the clud didn't do well.

He played 4 - 4 - 2 Formation in his first season, but twerked it to 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 in his 2nd season, improve the defence and won the league.

Imagine Osimhen and Boniface upront, flank by Lukman and perhaps Iwobi [except Chukz up his game in GWG] in a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 formation?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Apr 30
Are you Icon4s? What happened to your original?

Anyway, point is TheGoodJoe and I have been far more vocal on why we want Amunike unlike many others who don't want Amunike but will settle for just anybody else not named Amunike without an idea of what their philosophy is like.

Icon4s is as big on this thread as the myself and TheGoodJoe but he's been silent lately.

aicon4s:

Hi,

I am not sure you are more pro-Amuneke than I wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30
ChrisKels:

grin grin
Wa gbayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30
Oasis007:
grin

na the same analysis wey dem wan use force Amuneke down our throat here few weeks ago. Barca trained and Ajax trained 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What is good for the goose is good for the gander 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

But Nigerians and NFF have patience to stay with docile football and lack of team growth for years with Peseiro and Rohr. LOL.
Rohr's early days deceived them,
I don't think Peseiro lasted long.
And NFF will rather give longer time to foreigners than local coaches,
that's why I'm saying that Finidi or any local coach will need time in order to succeed if he want to play a particular brand of football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30
Finidi was literally on the verge of being sacked by same Enyimba at one point. He won the league last season thanks to the abridged version and the help of Ukaegbu and others who prepped the team even when Finidi was away on NT duty.

Enyimba finished 3rd in Group A of the regular season behind Remo Stars and bendel insurance who were much better in the league compared to Enyimba.
The abridged version just played out in Enyimba's favour.
Infact, had Akwa Utd (tied with Finidi's Enyimba on 32 pts) had a better Goals difference, it would have been something different.

Truth is we are giving all the credits to Finidi to boost him up but the main minds behind Enyimba's plays and training are Emeka Okwandu, Ifeanyi Harcourt and Lawrence Ukaegbu.

Finidi is coaching the most prestigious and richest club in Nigeria with several of the best players in the league while being away on NT duty when it calls. It's a piece of cake. A better coach will be topping the league with Enyimba and wrapping up the league. Not playing second fiddle to Fidelis Illechukwu (a guy I consider a better tactician than Finidi anyway).

Oasis007:
Finidi has proved him winning the NPFL last season ain't a fluke. Very rare in the league to win and still a favourite the following season.

As at today, Finidi's Enyimba is 2 points behind the League Leader, Enugu Rangers. Finidi played free flow, attacking football in his first season at Enyimba but the clud didn't do well.

He played 4 - 4 - 2 Formation in his first season, but twerked it to 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 in his 2nd season, improve the defence and won the league.

Imagine Osimhen and Boniface upront, flank by Lukman and perhaps Iwobi [except Chukz up his game in GWG] in a 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 formation?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

campaign after election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 4:22pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

Hmm what more can be said

Without sentiment Amunike is the most qualified

In terms of
Experience he has grown from the ranks.. coached in and out of Nigeria

As per certification he has all the papers. We even learnt Finidi George does have some of the papers CAF standard expect

Amunike has the toughness to inforce discipline after all he has played the game lake Finidi George and even this boys who he can take them... Apart from Osimhen who among the current players can boast of African footballer of the year award

Anyway NFF wants somebody that can do their bedding without saying no to some underhand practice we all know

They say Finidi George won NPFL
I just laughed, if not for the super 8 when all the teams were tired expetially Rivers United on the continent and Bendel insurance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:22pm On Apr 30
I am on X SPACE NOW

Collin udoh said some respected ppu tried to force ppus hand( d nff , sport minister ) to name Emmanuel Amunike by all means

In fact Dey threatened nff dt dere will be blood 🩸 in eagles square if they fail to name him

However he said amunike wasn’t aware of this forceful pr

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:25pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

It is called coaching. Even if he does not know the players, he would do scouting and research, which is a normal protocol of coaches. When Barcelona was to play Bilbao when Guardiola was coaching Barcelona, after the game, he got a report from Bielsa (Bilbao coach). When Guardiola scanned the document, he exclaimed that Bielsa knew more about Barcelona players than him.

Sorry, you can't compare Finidi George's knowledge when it comes to modern coaching to Torrent. That is just an illogical argument. The depth and gap too much.
What criteria do you use to determine Torrent's superiority over Finidi? When Finidi was part of the team credited with originating the tiki-taka style you praise, where was Torrent?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:28pm On Apr 30
TheSuperNerd:
Finidi was literally on the verge of being sacked by same Enyimba at one point. He won the league last season thanks to the abridged version and the help of Ukaegbu and others who prepped the team even when Finidi was away on NT duty.

Truth is we are giving all the credits to Finidi to boost him up but the main mind behind Enyimba's plays and training are Emeka Okwandu, Ifeanyi Harcourt and Lawrence Ukaegbu.

Finidi is coaching the most prestigious and richest club in Nigeria with several of the best players in the league. It's a piece of cake. A better coach will be topping the league with Enyimba and wrapping up the league. Not playing second fiddle to Fidelis Illechukwu (a guy I consider a better tactician than Finidi anyway).

Emma Amuneke should just apply for Enyimba job if declared vacant

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:29pm On Apr 30
TheGoodJoe:

See as this guy dey yeye Chelsea because Emma. angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:34pm On Apr 30
robosky02:

Hmm what more can be said

Without sentiment Amunike is the most qualified

In terms of
Experience he has grown from the ranks.. coached in and out of Nigeria

As per certification he has all the papers. We even learnt Finidi George does have some of the papers CAF standard expect

Amunike has the toughness to inforce discipline after all he has played the game lake Finidi George and even this boys who he can take them... Apart from Osimhen who among the current players can boast of African footballer of the year award

Anyway NFF wants somebody that can do their bedding without saying no to some underhand practice we all know

They say Finidi George won NPFL
I just laughed, if not for the super 8 when all the teams were tired expetially Rivers United on the continent and Bendel insurance
Pls what is Amuneke doing presently.It’s simple Finidi assisted Peseiro and NFF needed to look inward for local coach and fortunately for Finidi he has been managing Enyimba and also eagles assistant,so what do you expect.

Amuneke should find a club than lurking around for eagles job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:36pm On Apr 30
To be honest, don't expect anyone here to believe the bolded except me or a few others. Ofcos Amunike isn't aware and won't resort to such tactics but nope... some no go gree.

Truth is I know there are people who for once felt it was time a suitable local hand came in that truly suited the team and should be given free hand with the team and that guy was Amunike. But what I didn't expect is how badly they wanted this for Amunike. I am even shocked at the number of so called powerful individuals who tried hard to influence the NFF to name Amunike. Omo, e get people wey like that man ooo.

elyte89:
I am on X SPACE NOW

Collin udoh said some respected ppu tried to force ppus hand( d nff , sport minister ) to name Emmanuel Amunike by all means

In fact Dey threatened nff dt dere will be blood 🩸 in eagles square if they fail to name him

However he said amunike wasn’t aware of this forceful pr

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30
Kog45:
He'll fumble

He fumbled with Zonaco in Zambia and in Egypt too.

He can't achieve much success with Enyimba

Left to me I will prefer Egbo gets the job and to be assisted by Nssein the US under 20 coach and Finidi while Nssein also serve as nigeria under 20 coach to be assisted by Remo stars and Enugu rangers coach.

The NFF is just messed up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30
Kanu is Enyimba's chairman. Time will tell. We are not the ones to decide where a coach should go. They know their paths. And sometimes, it is not by who did this or what prior to a job.

I recall when Siasia was given the U20 Job back in 2004. People murmured and some section of the media predicted doom. I was so little then but I recall reading the headlines across various newspapers. Almost made me believe he wasn't fit and used "man know man" to get in.

Well, it turned out great and even if he used "man know man" then it is my wish that such "man know man" keep bringing in fine hands that can actually do us great in our football.

The system is so corrupt that even the suitable hands needs people in higher places to still speak for them. I guess that is what we are seeing with Amunike today.

Kog45:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16133) (16134) (16135) (16136) (16137) (16138) (16139) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Macaranta23, elyte89, Philosopher1979, 10cedes, Joebie, GeneralDae and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.