Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,439 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11759980 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13044) (13045) (13046) (13047) (13048) (13049) (13050) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
nwakali wey wan sign for club for Belize soon

You dey joke right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Kog45:
BascoVanVeli,pls update on NPFL

Rivers United continue the Lords work with another away victory today. 1-0 against Katsina United. Fidelis Ikechukwu finally has some money behind him and he is proving to be a solid coach with Plateau United. Not too long ago Enyimba fans sang "come to Enyimba" to him in Aba grin

Abdu Maikaba and Enugu finally have a good pitch so watch out for them in the second half.
The Oracle Gbenga Ogunbote is my coach of the season so far. What he has done with Remo stars is unprecedented

The real shocker is Sunshine Stars, I'm like what are u doing here grin I actually predicted Gombe would be good this season so no surprise but Wikki are my disappointment. I actually saw them fighting for a continental slot.

I believe Enyimba can climb up but the verdict is still out on Akwa.

What if Kano Pillars get relegated grin

Seriously though I think the guys that are there might stay there until the season ends. Lobi made some move but it might be too late. The teams ahead of them are really good squads.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
Man city vs Atletico this night

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
From the horse's mouth.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Rivers United continue the Lords work with another away victory today. 1-0 against Katsina United. Fidelis Ikechukwu finally has some money behind him and he is proving to be a solid coach with Plateau United. Not too long ago Enyimba fans sang "come to Enyimba" to him in Aba grin

Abdu Maikaba and Enugu finally have a good pitch so watch out for them in the second half.
The Oracle Gbenga Ogunbote is my coach of the season so far. What he has done with Remo stars is unprecedented

The real shocker is Sunshine Stars, I'm like what are u doing here grin I actually predicted Gombe would be good this season so no surprise but Wikki are my disappointment. I actually saw them fighting for a continental slot.

Seriously though I think the guys that are there might stay there until the season ends. Lobi made some move but it might be too late. The teams ahead of them are really good squads.
I am almost certain a big name will be relegated this season. This has been an interesting season for me, the last was 2016.

LMC are very annoying for not at least giving us live content of these games. The stadium turnouts are great. I'm in Ibadan and shooting stars regularly fill the stadium.

Even if it's not all games of the teams. Maybe 6.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
Odunayaw:
I am almost certain a big name will be relegated this season. This has been an interesting season for me, the last was 2016.

LMC are very annoying for not at least giving us live content of these games. The stadium turnouts are great. I'm in Ibadan and shooting stars regularly fill the stadium.

Big name in the NPFL ?
Ogbeni, only about five can be ascribed as such, they rest of them are on the same level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

between Osho and Eguma who is Rivers coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
mkrest:

Big name in the NPFL ?
Ogbeni, only about five can be ascribed as such, they rest of them are on the same level
See confidence about what you don't know anything about.

I'm sure you wouldn't list Lobi Stars as a big name. But they competed in the CAFCL in the not too distant past.

Anyway, I think Kano Pillars and Lobi will struggle with staying up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:53am On Apr 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Breaking:

Players and officials of Rivers United currently bn held hostage in Katsina

Members of the Rivers United contingent have been physically assaulted, I've been reliably informed

Rivers United defeated the home team, Katsina United this evening

Sad sad stuff

#copied

Nawa o. I hope they're safe right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 14, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26am On Apr 14, 2022
Anybody believing in the SE under a coach like Peseiro never learn anything.

daveP:
I like what Chuks said Emery told him when he was about to come on

Just run.....

Simple and direct but shows the absolute faith a manager has in his midfielders to make the big difference and against opponents they are not even an underdog in.

Right now, only Iwobi and Ndidi are such midfielders.

It remains this dragging opponents out of position to make things click.

Chuks also said he watched two hours as instructed by the coach.

We definitely have a man management problem in this SE setup. A coach sees a pacy forward and has no such plans to use that to advantage?

All Chuks has yesternight were just two touches of the ball. Naaaaaahhhhhh!!!

We should not give any inept fellow this SE job again and expect Miracles.

A great manager can even replicate what Mou did with porto in 2004. Doesn't need much stars in his team.

Of course having the right personnel matters.

Staying with almost full concentration against Bayern is not an easy feat.

Finally!! An SE player is in the Semis of the UCL after many years of absence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:36am On Apr 14, 2022
After compiling a good midfield list that any decent SE coach should be able to utilize you decided to smuggle in Bashiru. Well done!

charlesemeka85:
Our best midfield options currently

Ndidi dm
Iwobi CAM
Bonke dm
Aribo CM
Alhassan CM
Etebo CM
Onyeka CM
Onyedika dm/cm
Bashiru CM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:38am On Apr 14, 2022
Nwobodo to Cincinnati?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 7:11am On Apr 14, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Shooting stars has found their level. Thought they were doing well towards the beginning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2022
jihday:
between Osho and Eguma who is Rivers coach?

Stanley is the Head coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:22am On Apr 14, 2022
Joebie:
Nwobodo to Cincinnati?
disappointed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2022
daveP:
I like what Chuks said Emery told him when he was about to come on

Just run.....

Simple and direct but shows the absolute faith a manager has in his midfielders to make the big difference and against opponents they are not even an underdog in.

Right now, only Iwobi and Ndidi are such midfielders.

It remains this dragging opponents out of position to make things click.

Chuks also said he watched two hours as instructed by the coach.

We definitely have a man management problem in this SE setup. A coach sees a pacy forward and has no such plans to use that to advantage?

All Chuks has yesternight were just two touches of the ball. Naaaaaahhhhhh!!!

We should not give any inept fellow this SE job again and expect Miracles.

A great manager can even replicate what Mou did with porto in 2004. Doesn't need much stars in his team.

Of course having the right personnel matters.

Staying with almost full concentration against Bayern is not an easy feat.

Finally!! An SE player is in the Semis of the UCL after many years of absence.

There is this Super Eagles winger notable for dragging players out of position with trickery.
He sat mostly on the bench alongside Iwobl during the last AFCON tournament.

God help our football,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:41am On Apr 14, 2022
Our CHAN Eagles coaches instead of selecting the best will select marketable players that they will promote and sale.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 8:10am On Apr 14, 2022
Odunayaw:
See confidence about what you don't know anything about.

I'm sure you wouldn't list Lobi Stars as a big name. But they competed in the CAFCL in the not too distant past.

Anyway, I think Kano Pillars and Lobi will struggle with staying up

You are right I won't, same way I won't list MFM as such, that lobi played in the CAFCL was just mere luck, based on the abrupt end for that particular season, IMO, the big teams are enyimba, plateau, pillars, rangers, rivers and akwa .
I am even considering removing rangers but heck, what do I know ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 8:13am On Apr 14, 2022
Odunayaw:

When would you be back in minna boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2022
Subzero47:
Man city vs Atletico this night

cheesy cheesy

Man city show Atlético pepper ,how Atlético use to frustrate other teams when they already have the advantage at the first leg grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2022
This us what the super eagle need now, not a full time coach due to the financial cost

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 8:47am On Apr 14, 2022
zuchyblink:
Our CHAN Eagles coaches instead of selecting the best will select marketable players that they will promote and sale.
Not disputing your facts but what's the difference between marketable players and best players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:50am On Apr 14, 2022
Igbekeme also. Has been in the MLS
maidaboi:
disappointed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2022
Rohr linked with Mali coaching job

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2022
Ihenzy:

Not disputing your facts but what's the difference between marketable players and best players?
marketable players are younger players that might be good or not too good while less marketable players are older players. Scouts from Europe prefer younger players because they can train and market them later.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:18am On Apr 14, 2022
Joebie:
Nwobodo to Cincinnati?
the almighty nwobodo who is the best midfielder in the Turkish league? shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:20am On Apr 14, 2022
Joebie:
After compiling a good midfield list that any decent SE coach should be able to utilize you decided to smuggle in Bashiru. Well done!

bashiru hv been active for reading with goals and assists this season

If nwakali can mk out afcon team then bashiru who hv performed better this ongoing season deserves a look in as well

Moreover he is not clubless at the moment cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2022
With a statement on their official website , Major League Soccer club FC Cincinnati have acquired former Nigeria U20 international Obinna Nwobodo from Turkish Super Lig outfit Göztepe S.K. via transfer, pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P-1 visa.

The 25-year-old has signed a three-year contract with FC Cincinnati until the end of the 2024 season with an option for 2025 and will occupy an international roster spot as a Designated Player.

Nwobodo was a key member of the Flying Eagles squad that won the 2015 U20 Africa Cup of Nations, going the distance in the semifinal and final as well as two of the three group stage matches.

The former FC Inter Enugu and Enugu Rangers star departs Goztepe after making 62 appearances in all competitions.

"We’re excited to welcome Obinna to FC Cincinnati, " Chris Albright, FC Cincinnati General Manager said.

"His overall quality will complement our group, while his work-rate and defensive presence in midfield are both exceptional.

"Obi is also a dedicated teammate with a character that fits what we’re trying to build. I’d like to thank our ownership group as they continue to demonstrate their commitment to this club."

Nwobodo ranked first in the Turkish Super Lig in tackles (121), ball recoveries (432), and pressures (772) this season.

Chai almighty nwobodo don land for MSL at the age of 25, thought atleast AS Roma or Napoli would hv snapped him up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:33am On Apr 14, 2022
daveP:

Breaking:

Players and officials of Rivers United currently bn held hostage in Katsina

Members of the Rivers United contingent have been physically assaulted, I've been reliably informed

Rivers United defeated the home team, Katsina United this evening

Sad sad stuff

#copied

Nawa o. I hope they're safe right now.

Rivers United made no mention of this so they should at least be OK. Nigerians in general need to learn how to take a loss. All of this is not cute at all. That being said the LMC has had this problem for years and have not come up with a solution yet.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2022
charlesemeka85:
With a statement on their official website , Major League Soccer club FC Cincinnati have acquired former Nigeria U20 international Obinna Nwobodo from Turkish Super Lig outfit Göztepe S.K. via transfer, pending the receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P-1 visa.

The 25-year-old has signed a three-year contract with FC Cincinnati until the end of the 2024 season with an option for 2025 and will occupy an international roster spot as a Designated Player.

Nwobodo was a key member of the Flying Eagles squad that won the 2015 U20 Africa Cup of Nations, going the distance in the semifinal and final as well as two of the three group stage matches.

The former FC Inter Enugu and Enugu Rangers star departs Goztepe after making 62 appearances in all competitions.

"We’re excited to welcome Obinna to FC Cincinnati, " Chris Albright, FC Cincinnati General Manager said.

"His overall quality will complement our group, while his work-rate and defensive presence in midfield are both exceptional.

"Obi is also a dedicated teammate with a character that fits what we’re trying to build. I’d like to thank our ownership group as they continue to demonstrate their commitment to this club."

Nwobodo ranked first in the Turkish Super Lig in tackles (121), ball recoveries (432), and pressures (772) this season.

Chai almighty nwobodo don land for MSL at the age of 25, thought atleast AS Roma or Napoli would hv snapped him up

At the bolded, is he another DM?
Thought he was a CM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 14, 2022
charlesemeka85:
the almighty nwobodo who is the best midfielder in the Turkish league? shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13044) (13045) (13046) (13047) (13048) (13049) (13050) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: villagereporter(m), Meliforme, charlesemeka85(m), bigblangston, Joebie, GeneralDae and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.