Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786242 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13309) (13310) (13311) (13312) (13313) (13314) (13315) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2022

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://www.completesports.com/nwakaeme-to-join-saudi-club-al-ittihad-on-two-year-deal/

Man is 33 and it’s time to cash out big .

He still won reasonable trophies in Europe than Harry Kane

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Serie A side Atalanta interested in ademola lookman

This one is surely staying at Leicester
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Harry Kane:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Naija Talents Watch: Ebube Okere, 15-16yrs, Nigeria U17

Ebube Okere, #17, was another lad beautiful to behold yesterday in the middle of the park. A true midfield gem. Good offensively and defensively. A machine.

He tackled, he intercepted, tracked runs, won duels and drove forward when needed. He also showed some ball distribution qualities.
Ozor Okeke may have been the Chief distributor and orchestrator via sweet vertical and diagonal long balls and passes but Ebube Okere was the Enforcer in and through the middle. Really good and strong on the ball. Akin to a ball-playing and workaholic box to box midfielder but is primarily the CDM of the side.

His close control and drive won us the freekick from which Emmanuel Michael hit that worldie.
He also put his body on the line in the second half to clear away a goal bound effort from a Ghana Cornerkick with an intelligent defensive header.
An outstanding performance and I expect more from this lad at this Qualifying tournament.

Ebube Okere is truly the Ying to Ozor Okeke's Yang. They work so well together in the middle game, complementing each other's qualities.

Their other MF partner, Raphael Oyebanjo (#12) acts like the unseen glue that binds it all together. The Silent hardworker working behind the scenes. I hope their triple threat sync carries on beautifully.

Ebube Okere.... another Midfield Pearl to watch. Mark his name.

Pics key:

1. Ebube Okere battling with the Ghanaian Captain, Collins Agyemang.

2. Ebube Okere (#17), second from Left of the pic celebrating with Ozor (#10), and Michael (#3) after that World Class FK strike. Miracle Ogwor is the lad in #15. A CB.

3. Ebube Okere receiving his MVP prize at the 2021 Alimosho Football Coaches Council League (AFCCL) that featured various Youth Academies.

Naija Talents Watch: Promise Meliga, 15yrs, Beyond Limits Academy/Remo Stars

Highly talented yet frail looking. His potentials and possible levels of talent growth is obviously tied directly to how fast he physically develops. The physically smallest of his mates yet hugely talented.

A forward thinking player who excels anywhere across the final third as an attacking midfielder, winger or forward. As his development continues, his most preferred role will become much clearer.

A lad tipped for great things but needs more time to make the step up physically like the likes of Chigozie Ohamesi and Ariehi Kparabo (2 other young talents and mates of Meliga who are physically more mature for now).

Remember the name.

#MDNewTalents

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
Naija Talents Watch: Raphael Oyebanjo, 15-16yrs, Nigeria U17

The Ironman of the 3 man midfield of the Nigerian U17 side. His Physicality is top notch and his ability to track opponents in-game, show high level of concentration across the 90 and win duels across the length and breadth of the pitch is already well noted by some scouts in Ghana for the Wafu B U17 Afcon Qualifiers Tournament.

Today, at 4pm Naija time, he is expected to lime up in midfield from the start alongside his Midfield Lietuenants in the Mercurial Ozor Okeke and the Enforcer, Ebube Okere.

Oyebanjo's ball winning abilities and workrate is expected to help give the team steel and the edge in the midfield battles vs CIV today.

A product of the Shuffle Select Academy, Lagos, Nigeria. The midfield pearl is another young lad to keep an eye on for the future.

Pics:

1. Raphael Oyebanjo (#12, Naija U17 2022)

2. Raphael Oyebanjo at Shuffle Select.

3. Raph after an academy game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Harry Kane:

You won’t like to see Nwakaeme achievements at 33 ,lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
I definitely have no qualms seeing them. Not like they are much.

But who da f**k added audi Cup for Kane? Loolll grin

andrewbaba44:

You won’t like to see Nwakaeme achievements at 33 ,lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/06/21/he-felt-intimidated-by-mikels-status-ex-super-eagles-player-explains-why-oliseh-fell-out-with-mikel/
I don't think he was intimidated, I think he just likes total control and dominance. He did the same thing at the Dutch team he coached, he sent out the regular players he met and instead used newer and younger kids. I don't think he will make a good coach anywhere in my opinion. Yes he's brilliant and very intelligent but his emotions and ego do run riot.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I definitely have no qualms seeing them. Not like they are much.

But who da f**k added audi Cup for Kane? Loolll grin

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:08pm On Jun 21, 2022
Raphael Onyedika Nwadike Crowned 21/22 Danish Superligaen Young Player of the Year in his first Senior topflight season. Outstanding.

Nigerian Midfield Pearl, 21 y/o Raphael Onyedika Nwadike has been crowned the Danish League's best young player of the year for 21/22 season.

At the beginning of the season, he returned to FCM after his first professional season at FC Fredericia in the Danish Second Division and now in his very first Senior Topflight season, and on the back of replacing Frank Onyeka at FCM, he has bagged a top individual award.

Big Congrats Young star. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
I remember saying on twitter many months ago last year and even repeated it at the end of last year on my TL.

Raphael Onyedika Nwadike will be a bigger talent than Frank Onyeka who came through the same FCM. Time will prove this right.

Well done again Young Raph.

TheSuperNerd:
Raphael Onyedika Nwadike Crowned 21/22 Danish Superligaen Young Player of the Year in his first Senior topflight season. Outstanding.

Nigerian Midfield Pearl, 21 y/o Raphael Onyedika Nwadike has been crowned the Danish League's best young player of the year for 21/22 season.

At the beginning of the season, he returned to FCM after his first professional season at FC Fredericia in the Danish Second Division and now in his very first Senior Topflight season, and on the back of replacing Frank Onyeka at FCM, he has bagged a top individual award.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
How time flies... Carlos Tevez is now a coach. Holy moses!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I remember saying on twitter many months ago last year and even repeated it at the end of last year on my TL.

Raphael Onyedika Nwadike will be a bigger talent than Frank Onyeka who came through the same FCM. Time will prove this right.

The Oliseh academy have produced some very good talents!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I honestly think Onyedika should at least get an invite to the SE.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I believe he will move to a bigger league next summer hopefully
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I honestly think Onyedika should at least get an invite to the SE.
he should be in a team atleast as an understudy to ndidi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Yes. The "Churchill Oliseh"-owned FC Ebedei. Not Sunday please. grin

AndSunGorilla:

The Oliseh academy have produced some very good talents!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
That surely will come. Lad is made for levels beyond the sky.

charlesemeka85:
I believe he will move to a bigger league next summer hopefully

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Very well said. And the most interesting part is he is even more ball-playing than Ndidi in addition to his defensive solidity. A huge talent that Peseiro should draft in sooner than later to cover for Ndidi.

I have analysed this option for months on my TL.

charlesemeka85:
he should be in a team atleast as an understudy to ndidi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Yes. The "Churchill Oliseh"-owned FC Ebedei. Not Sunday please. grin

I meant to type the Olisehs. Sunny and his big brother would surely work together now. Remember his younger brother also played briefly for the SE and for the U23 as well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Oga. It is Churchill not Sunday. Finito.

AndSunGorilla:

I meant to type the Olisehs. Sunny and his big brother would surely work together now. Remember his younger brother also played briefly for the SE and for the U23 as well.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Oga. It is Churchill not Sunday. Finito.

Thanks for the correction daddy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
I just read that Akpos wants guaranteed playing time for SE before he honors any invite. Charley what say you?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
I wish our under 17 Goodluck as they play the Ivorians in less than an hour.
The RB & LB guys need to work on positioning.

Most of our goals came from long balls as the pitch doesn't allow good passing game.
I believe we can hurt the Ivorians with our precise long balls the same way Burkina Faso did!
All the best Golden Eaglets!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
I just read that Akpos wants guaranteed playing title for SE before he honors any invite. Charley what say you?
to be honest I must say the guy hv not been given a fair chance to get into the team and I believe jpes will correct this with time

Akpoguma is one of the finest CBs we can boast of in top flight european club football and it’s a waste of resources and time(on his part) inviting him for a game without even giving him few minutes to show the fans what he is made of. This needs to be corrected mostly when we lack better qualities in his position

Calvin bassey was in the same situation but all that changed immediately he was given a fair chance to fight for a shirt and today is one of the first names in our starting 11 he it in the lb or cb position

Akpos is just 27 if I am correct and still hv like 5-6 years to offer the team so the nff and the coaching crew should forget whatever transpired between him and our ex coaches to incorporate him back to the team set up

We have already seen the likes of omeruo,ekong,balogun,awaziem and ajayi and all know what they can offer so it’s high time we start bringing in few atleast for test games inorder to add to more competition and quality to what we hv

If the nff can call up players from the cypriot,South African, la liga 2 and Scottish leagues to the super eagles I see no reason they will continue to ignore one who may add quality to the back four and who atleast players over 20 games every season in one of the top leagues in europe

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nawa o, Harry Kane just dey London jeje dey chill stray bullet go touch am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
I just read that Akpos wants guaranteed playing time for SE before he honors any invite. Charley what say you?
he dey craze, so those in camp came for tourism?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
jihday:
he dey craze, so those in camp came for tourism?
has he been offered a chance to fight for shirt?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
There have been reports of flood on the streets of Abidjan after few days of continuous rain. What exactly is CAF plan for next year’s Afcon? For the players to play inside the rain?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
has he been offered a chance to fight for shirt?
but the report said he wants assurances that he will start, if it was the German national team can he say that? He’s not requesting for a fair chance he wants the jersey outrightly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
jihday:
but the report said he wants assurances that he will start, if it was the German national team can he say that? He’s not requesting for a fair chance he wants the jersey outrightly
I doubt that, no professional player will demand for such knowing to well he has to work hard to earn a place in the team

He should be recalled and given a test in any of the teams friendlies in the next international break and if he performs well he should be in the team

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13309) (13310) (13311) (13312) (13313) (13314) (13315) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.