Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,028 members, 7,838,578 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11800054 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14102) (14103) (14104) (14105) (14106) (14107) (14108) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
komekn:

Hypocritical -a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

Let's get that out the way , because it's apparent you don't know the meaning of hypocrisy. It also alludes to double standard.

Statistics are not a stand alone component but converge with other variables. So for instance Ngole Kante may not have the highest tackle rate ,but is considered the best DM in the World, you can add Casemiro, Thiago, etc.

A measure of your quality is the amount of transfer interest a player generates among top teams. Ndidi in recent times generates none.

Football is time constrained and therefore HERE and NOW assesment is intrinsic to all performance deductions. We don't use. "recent years" . Last season Tega was outstanding HERE and NOW he is not , he may catch up but let's see, his value has dropped as a result. Football is impatient get over it and deal with it.

Injury is another performance variable that impacts on value performance present and continuous. If you get injured somebody takes your place and you may have to fight to get it back. Also if you are labelled injury prone or you take longer to recover, interest and value will drop.

What is hypocritical about these observations and deductions, this is the very nature of football ⚽. There is not one rule for Ndidi and a different one for everyone else.

So what's hypocritical about that Dr 2know.❓

Iwobi left Nigeria as a toddler to Turkey and then to England his nursery school, primary school his time playing Sunday football ⚽ well documented. Nothing in doubt.

Fred Onyedinma was born in Lagos some of you don't know but you put that ignominious label FB upon him. He got here aged 3. He played in the same Blackheath district team as Iwobi.

So can you show me the hypocrisy here please ❓❓

Will you apologize or your Ego will not allow you to do that.

This is comedy.. It should be posted on Trevor Noah's page for laugh..

So from your reasoning,if FIFA or say, UEFA want to release a yearly ranking of the best players in each position or their annual team of the year award, they would ignore the statistics and honours of the players and rather focus on how much transfer interest they are generating? Is that it? So a player that isn't generating interest isn't of top quality? And you said you work as a football scout?

You even listed Kante and Thiago as defensive midfielders.. You're really hypocritical..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
mostob:
The main root of this argument is the insinuation that a 21-year old can pass MRI test which you blindly and biasedly (as usual) supported. You claimed ndidi falsified his age. Why did he failed MRI then going by the stance you supported? According to your assumption, Ndidi should be around 21 years old then, why didn't he pass the MRI test?
By now you ought to have settled it in your mind that Komekn is a bag of sewage.

The reason I got into the discussion is because it started with a moniker that doesn't have a record of excreting everywhere

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
komekn:

You are changing the narrative shamelessly without restraint.

I introduced the narrative of the 2009 U17 supposed youth team as a direct response TO YOU and your misguided proposition. Not benji93

You presented a obnoxious proposition based on perceptive preference not substance. I then used the framework of that nonsensical proposition to show you how inept it was.

I then used comparison analysis with that same inept proposition. Using unscientific observation that it is quite compelling and you still cannot concede that Ndidi failed the MRI test and is definitely not 26.

You should not be so evasive , your question ❓ should be directed to me not benji93

I've said it times without number that there's something that posses you anytime you see my comment here which make you quote me off point.. totally off point... I clearly directly responded to your so called 2009 argument which mentioned Omeruo... Benji brought up the talk of the 2009 team undertaking MRI..
Read well before u quote me....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
French giants Olympic Marseille interested in super eagles hopeful and Fulham’s CB Tosin Adarabioyo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
Oh no, I am actually not basing my argument on 2009. It was the snack. Just threw that out there after I saw what someone else posted. My main argument is based on the article and its references. How many times will I repeat this? Listen. Listen. Apparently, there's someone else willing to do the mile, at least it seems so. Hopefully, he doesn't get lost too. You and@Goodjoe cannot follow anything. Just jumping from A to D. Calm down. Step by step.

Egbon, all you have been saying is "bla Blu bla bla hullabaloo"... E no get bearing...

Bring evidence to support the argument your raised that started all this back and forth discussion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
cc: benji93

O! ye academia, come furnish us with your intelligence beyond world-renowned Radiographers.
this Good joe self like vawulence LMAO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
grin Dem no expect say them go challenge them

Say cheese

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
This wanna be is still on this mri case ,
and komkn will gladly support him because it does not favour our home grown talents.
But they met their Match in Thegoodjoe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Una sha like Vawulence for this thread ooo,
Make I sidon dey look

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
You are the first person to answer this. Thank you. Let me digress a little bit. Do you realize there's no Sub-saharan African country in their study(I don't mean reference)? Why do you think they did not conduct the study on players from Subsaharan African countries? I mean we are the most guilty of lying about our age. Shouldn't sampling players from Subsahara Africa be the most important? Take a guess. cheesy grin
@Komekn, take a guess too. cheesy grin
Odunayaw:
No misrepresentation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Oh yes. cheesy grin
do4luv14:
Una sha like Vawulence for this thread ooo,

Make I sidon dey look

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
You are the first person to answer this. Thank you. Let me digress a little bit. Do you realize there's no Sub-saharan African country in there? Why do you think they did not conduct the study on Subsaharan African countries? I mean we are the most guilty of lying about our age. Take a guess. cheesy grin
Right out of that same research work. Didn't you see it?
The current data justify extension of the examined population to other ethnic groups such as sub‐Saharans

So tell me. What's your guess. Because I don't have to do something that is equal to pulling things from thin air
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2023
We will cover all of that, don't worry. Why do you think they didn't conduct an examination on any Subsaharan African country, given we are the most guilty of lying about our age? Ofcourse they referenced other studies. But their examination did not include any Subsaharan African country. cheesy grin. I mean i know that these people dominating the youth tournament lie about their ages. Should my examination not focus on these people more? But I choose to ignore all of them.
Odunayaw:

Right out of that same research work. Didn't you see it?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
We will cover all of that, don't worry. Why do you think they didn't conduct an examination on any Subsaharan African country, given we are the most guilty of lying about our age? Ofcourse they referenced other studies. But their examination did not include any Subsaharan African country. cheesy grin
Tell me why. You must have an information we're not privy to

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
You are the first person to answer this. Thank you. Let me digress a little bit. Do you realize there's no Sub-saharan African country in their study(I don't mean reference)? Why do you think they did not conduct the study on players from Subsaharan African countries? I mean we are the most guilty of lying about our age. Shouldn't sampling players from Subsahara Africa be the most important? Take a guess. cheesy grin
@Komekn, take a guess too. cheesy grin

Sampling my friend. Sampling. No Scandinavian country too. Why do you think so? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
They did not because they would be polluting their stats. I mean if you are well aware that they lie about their age, which means their chronological age as shown in a document is different from their actual age, you don't want to include them in your stats. You only select countries where you are sure their chronological age very likely matches their skeletal age, then you assume this standard applies to Sub-saharan Africans too. The bolded assumption is where there's a problem. Data whose source is unreliable and cannot be certified is practically useless. You would defeat the purpose for which the MRI was adopted. It would be a mistake, and quite dumb.

Do you understand this, and can I continue? cheesy grin
Odunayaw:
Tell me why. You must have an information we're not privy to

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
They did not because they would be polluting their stats. I mean if you are well aware that they lie about their age, which means their chronological age as shown in a document is different from their actual age, you don't want to include them in your stats. You only select countries where you are sure their chronological age very likely matches their skeletal age, then you assume this standard applies to Sub-saharan Africans too. The bolded assumption is where there's a problem. Data whose source is unreliable and cannot be certified is practically useless. You would defeat the purpose for which the MRI was adopted. It would be a mistake, and quite dumb.

bro this una mri test argument since last week don do na

It’s making here boring

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:

grin MRI major purpose is to prevent participation in the incorrect age group.

For this reason it is administered to all races. Countries with verifiable birth data capturing are still subject to MRI. Why?

For example. Blacks from the USA. Even Abuchi Obinwa failed MRI even though he was born and bred in the US with verifiable documents

Were MRI conducted only for test study and not continued in determining eligibility for U17 tournament. Then you can fly your flag
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
charlesemeka85:
bro this una mri test argument since last week don do na

It’s making here boring
grin As e no be Nwakali matter wey you fit put mouth, you say e boring

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
If you're born in a cave in the back side of Kilimanjaro or you're from the loins of Obama. You go still do MRI and if you fail, you no go play U17 grin

MRI was not created only for Africans or Asians

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
Odunayaw:
grin As e no be Nwakali matter wey you fit put mouth, you say e boring
I no wan use ear hear that one cheesy

Even if I Dey sleep I go wake up by force cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
This 1v1 miss will be the third by Moffi this season! Unacceptable!
I do not think he possesses the quality to play in England yet!
Patiently waiting for 2nd half!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Attacking me will not help your course.

The point is simple. When Ndidi started working with Nduka Ugbade,[b] he was one of the smallest boys [/b]among his peers. After working with him for years, he watched Ndidi grow to one of the tallest kids.

He is sure Ndidi is a small boy and punches holes into the lies you are trying to spread. Try a better attack. tongue

Using your subjective and perceptive led assumptive analytics, i.e. "was one of the smallest boys"

Consider the be picture of Ashley Young ,
was one of the smallest boys in Aston Villa therefore he is not 37 It must be a LIE he can't be more than 21

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
I have never argued that a 16-year-old cannot fail the MRI test. Far from it, in fact, that article says 1 16 year old achieved complete fusion. 0.8%(1 in 130 players) of the 16-year-olds achieved complete fusion. Wouldn't you count that as an exception? What you look at are the averages.

Why did they not apply it only to us? Fair question.
Do you want FIFA(a global body) to apply it only to us so that you people will start calling them racist? That would be dumb. I will even join others in calling them racist.cheesy grin I may not be able to help it. We'll never admit that applying it to us cos we lie the most is fair. The sentiment would be more like, are they trying to kill African players? What's in the MRI that they are applying to only Subsaharan African players? Are they experimenting on us again? Endless. I would admit though perhaps this is part of the reason they didn't sample us too. cheesy grin

It's interesting that apart from the fact that F-MARC was located in Switzerland, which is convenient, it's also a mesh of three European countries.

Anyway, that's a digression.

Wait a minute, certainly referencing other good quality articles is part of good research, isn't it? It would be insincere to ignore that they actually collected conclusions from other articles and discussed them.
But before we look at the references, let's look at something else.

In the figure, you have a table of grades and average age. Here VI corresponds to complete fusion. This means that what FIFA would be looking for is incomplete fusion. If it's complete there's nothing to check. Once it's fused no other changes can be observed. It's a reasonable protocol if you ask me.
Do you see that complete fusion has an average age of 18.3 across those samples? Since this is the cap, it means that if you sample players that are actually 18 and 19 from these countries, with more of them 18, over half of them will pass the test. Remember 18.25 is still a pass. cheesy grin. We are still talking about Europeans/Asians/Arabs here. Also remember I have not included the standard deviation, as in +-.

Are you still following? cheesy grin

Odunayaw:
grin MRI major purpose is to prevent participation in the incorrect age group

For this reason it is administered to all races. Countries with verifiable birth data capturing are still subject to MRI. Why?

For example. Blacks from the USA. Even Abuchi Obinwa failed MRI even though he was born and bred in the US with verifiable documents

Were MRI conducted only for test study and not continued in determining eligibility for U17 tournament. Then you can fly your flag

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2023
Moffi scores his 11th goal of the season

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2023
Mofffiiiiii!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nice. Make I go check. No be one person ask say who be Moffi the other day? cheesy grin
charlesemeka85:
Moffi scores his 11th goal of the season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:

Wait a minute, certainly referencing other good quality articles is part of good research, isn't it? It would be insincere to ignore that they actually collected conclusions from other articles and discussed them.

In the figure, you have a table of grades and average age. Here VI corresponds to complete fusion. This means that what FIFA would be looking for is incomplete fusion. If it's complete there's nothing to check. Once it's fused no other changes can be observed. It's a reasonable protocol if you ask me.
Do you see that complete fusion has an average age of 18.3 across those samples? Since this is the cap, it means that if you sample players that are actually 18 and 19 from these countries, with more of them 18, over half of them will pass the test. Remember 18.25 is still a pass. cheesy grin. We are still talking about Europeans/Asians/Arabs here. Also remember I have not included the standard deviation, as in +-.

Glad we've moved past guessing why FIFA don't have SSA in it's sample

Yes, fully 18y/o are mostly Stage VI

Go on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Don't do this to me now. According to the average of 18.3, 18 on average is incomplete fusion. cheesy grin. Confirm this then we continue. I don't want any confusion. So even an 18-year-old European more than half the time would pass the test. So a European player can lie by a year and still have no problem.

Edit: Also from the figure below, 70% of the 19-year-olds were at stage V, which is incomplete fusion. Quite interesting and strange. More 19-year-olds achieved incomplete fusion. I do think this sample is probably too small. But well we can only go with what we have. If we sample some 19 years olds most of them would pass according to that.

Both are different ways of looking at the data.

Are you following? cheesy grin
Odunayaw:
Glad we've moved past guessing why FIFA don't have SSA in it's sample

Yes, fully 18y/o are mostly Stage VI

Go on

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
komekn:

Using your subjective and perceptive led assumptive analytics, i.e. "was one of the smallest boys"

Consider the be picture of Ashley Young ,
was one of the smallest boys in Aston Villa therefore he is not 37 It must be a LIE he can't be more than 21

Ndidi was one of the smallest boys and grew years later to one of the tallest boys. Show me how Ashley young grew or you don't know Ndidi is tall.

Mr. Constructive Integrity.
So much hate you resorted to lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
benji93:
I have never argued that a 16-year-old cannot fail the MRI test. Far from it, in fact, that article says 1 16 year old achieved complete fusion. 0.8%(1 in 130 players) of the 16-year-olds achieved complete fusion. Wouldn't you count that as an exception? What you look at are the averages.

Why did they not apply it only to us? Fair question.
Do you want FIFA(a global body) to apply it only to us so that you people will start calling them racist? That would be dumb. I will even join others in calling them racist.cheesy grin I may not be able to help it. We'll never admit that applying it to us cos we lie the most is fair. The sentiment would be more like, are they trying to kill African players? What's in the MRI that they are applying to only Subsaharan African players? Are they experimenting on us again? Endless. I would admit though perhaps this is part of the reason they didn't sample us too. cheesy grin

It's interesting that apart from the fact that F-MARC was located in Switzerland, which is convenient, it's also a mesh of three European countries.

Remember screening for U17 is stage 4. Kwantinue.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Aribo no dey play anything for Southampton, Onyedika no even dey make bench again, Iwobi and Onyeka injured, and Ndidi is out of form.
Our midfield is in trouble.
Only Nwakali and Bonke dey enjoy playing time!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14102) (14103) (14104) (14105) (14106) (14107) (14108) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.