Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652955 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14194) (14195) (14196) (14197) (14198) (14199) (14200) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2023
Gesture of Appreciation: Raphael Onyedika donates Bus to First Grassroots Team that discovered him

He donated the bus to his former club, Ozalla Football Academy, Onitsha. It's a 20-seater Mercedes Benz bus.

Onyedika reportedly made his breakthrough via Ozalla before being picked up by FC Ebedei, from where he bagged a move to FC Midtjylland in 2019/2020

Source: @OlatundeLiadi

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2023
Non-penalty Expected Goals (xG) per 90: Victor Osimhen in Top 5 for Europe's Big 5 leagues

Osimhen currently has the 5th best non-penalty expected goals rate of any player in Europe's big five leagues to have played 500+ minutes this season.

🥇0.81 - Nketiah
🥈0.80 - Lewandowski
🥉0.80 - Haaland
🟢0.74 - Núñez
🟢0.65 - Osimhen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 1:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
The current IMC in charge of the NPFL seem to be doing a great job so far. They read the riot out prior to the beginning of the season, insisting they wouldn't shift ground when standards are compromised.

So far, they have swiftly thrown the book at offenders; clubs and officials alike, and this may be the beginning of the restoration of sanity to the Nigerian football league.

I have lost count of referees with questionable calls that have been suspended. Bayelsa United just had 3 points deducted cause of the assault on a match official in their last game.

We are obviously still far from where we should be, but happy at what the current IMC is doing.

Cc: BascoVanveli

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ahead of the Afcon Qualifiers' 3rd & 4th matchdays, Nigeria only has 2 pre-approved stadia:

- Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Uyo
(AKA Godswill Akpabio Int'l stadium, Nest of Champions).
- Moshood Abiola National Stadium, Abuja

So pending any changes our next home game (vs Guinea Bissau) would come up in either of these above.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
If not for our poor maintenance culture no reason we shouldn't as a country have at least 8 decent stadia.

TheSuperNerd:
Ahead of the Afcon Qualifiers' 3rd & 4th matchdays, Nigeria only has 2 pre-approved stadia:

- Akwa Ibom International Stadium, Uyo
(AKA Godswill Akpabio Int'l stadium, Nest of Champions).
- Moshood Abiola National Stadium, Abuja

So pending any changes our next home game (vs Guinea Bissau) would come up in either of these above.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
Ademola Lookman wins AIC's Serie A Player of the Month, January 2023

Note: This is different from the EA Sports Serie A POTM Award.

AIC is the Italian Footballers' Association.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
U21 Elite Gametime at a Top 100-ranked Club: Alhassan Yusuf listed among the U21s of 2022 who bagged the most minutes across Europe

*Covers U21s at the start of 2022 calendar year.

He was the only African U21 who bagged the most minutes in Europe at a Top 100-ranked club in 2022.

Courtesy:@OptaAnalyst

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
Wolves defender Temple Ojinnaka has put pen-to-paper on his first professional contract.

With Wolves since 12 years of age, Ojinnaka moved up to the under-18s as a 15-year-old and hasn't looked back, becoming a regular feature at that level and also tasting under-21s football in recent times.

Having now been rewarded with a professional deal, academy manager for football, Jon Hunter-Barrett, told the club's website: “Temple has been at the football club for a while. It's a great opportunity for him to sign on professional terms.

“It wasn't an easy registration process for him given we had to apply for international clearance when he first came into the club.

“For him to now be in a position where he's signed a professional contract is great for him. Temple's six foot two, strong and quick, and will add that into the under-21s side moving forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
zuchyblink:
Why is this guy not listed as one of the richest people in Nigeria.

You'd be surprised, Forbes does not have access to all tax returns, public records, etc. There are hundreds of unnamed billionaires/millionaires in the US, Europe, China and the world over!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
ChrisKels:

Should they now leave all the talking for you just because you were the first to talk about him? Na this kind talk dey make CharlesEmeka vex oo hmmm.

By the way, who are the other prospects, especially in our midfied? I mean youth prospects

It is good to make references.
It is good to give credit to whom it is due.

If a moniker was the first to give a report about a certain player, any other moniker giving a subsequent report should build on the previous report especially if aware a previous report.
It makes this thread look organised, it shows teamwork, it also helps research.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Meliforme:

If a moniker was the first to give a report about a certain player, any other moniker giving a subsequent report should build on the previous report especially if aware a previous report.
must you jump in defense of a post u never knew it’s origin or what prompted it?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Meliforme:

That was really a very sensible contribution bro. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
ChrisKels:

That was really a very sensible contribution bro. Thanks

Cc.ChrisKels

My G, longest time. Kedu ka obodo si kwulu ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2023
Meliforme:

Nobody owes anyone any references. People need to stop being entitled for no good reason. You are not doing anyone favor by "discovering players" on Nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
IDENNAA:

Cc.ChrisKels

My G, longest time. Kedu ka obodo si kwulu ?

Nwanne I dey na just say ndi ala adi mma like CharlesEmeka your main paddy wan spoil this country for us. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Wolves defender Temple Ojinnaka has put pen-to-paper on his first professional contract.

With Wolves since 12 years of age, Ojinnaka moved up to the under-18s as a 15-year-old and hasn't looked back, becoming a regular feature at that level and also tasting under-21s football in recent times.

Having now been rewarded with a professional deal, academy manager for football, Jon Hunter-Barrett, told the club's website: “Temple has been at the football club for a while. It's a great opportunity for him to sign on professional terms.

“It wasn't an easy registration process for him given we had to apply for international clearance when he first came into the club.

“For him to now be in a position where he's signed a professional contract is great for him. Temple's six foot two, strong and quick, and will add that into the under-21s side moving forward.

Like I've often said, l don't like talking about too many youth players because there is such a long way to go.

I was at an event Adidas Endorsements event for the top players prospects from U12 to 18 across the NW of England.

Adidas have a dossier of who they project will be future star's across Europe. When Jude Billingham was 13 he was already signed by Adidas to give you perspective.

In that group of about 20+ players across the NW of England 6/7 of them were Nigerian origin. All in premier League clubs in NW England.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2023
Meliforme:

Don't you think your gassing it .

What's your Idea of a report ? The first person to read about a player in the media. Thats not discovery that's coincidence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
ChrisKels:

Nwanne I dey na just say ndi ala adi mma like CharlesEmeka your main paddy wan spoil this country for us. grin
amu anu 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2023
This has nothing to do with entitlements mister man. Meliforme makes a point from his own angle and it actually makes sense.

My own angle is partly related to what Barryseal mentioned. And that is People famzing local talents when all along these same people label the local scene as rubbish. This lad did feature in the NNL/NPFL briefly so the hypocrisy was being pointed out all because he has now gone to Inter.

Also, the Ebenezer was since analysed and the Inter news dropped in here long before it finally got confirmed as the same post said it would be in January. Does it hurt you or anyone to acknowledge that simple fact?? Abi is someone jealous of acknowledging something so true?

The issue is very simple. When the lad was first mentioned and analysed, the Inter Milan news was also dropped in same post. Only very few people cared.

Now, Inter confirms the news and it goes mega public weeks later in January and some start sounding like they knew it all along. Such a shallow and pretensive act.

And if you think I do no one any favors by "discovering players" on Nairaland then please explain why I have a lot of folks reach out to me for what I do. I am on my own yet what I do in here keeps getting attention out there and people actually use some of my information to get knowledge of certain talents. You don't actually realise how much attention I avoid due to what I do outside this place. I do this in here only because I love Nigerian football. It is so easy for me.

Now, just say you don't know and move along.

By the way, your man, Azubuike Okechukwu is now with Turkish 2nd tier side, Rizespor. Be sure to keep an eye on him. Funny how you withdrew yourself just as Zubby went inactive and have now resurfaced just as Zubby begins seeing gametime again. The coincidence is suspicious. 😏

IDENNAA:

Nobody owes anyone any references. People need to stop being entitled for no good reason. You are not doing anyone favor by "discovering players" on Nairaland.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Chriskels himself saw a report on Gift Orban's move to Gent and he remembered the fact that someone in here had actually taken time to analyse the lad as one to watch out for.

Tell me, OdenigboAroli... did Chriskels suffer death or wounds for it?? Will it kill you?

IDENNAA:

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
The difference here which you obviously, in your self-deceiving mind, refuse to admit is that this kid wasn't in the media. Which Mainstream media in Nigeria covered him before I mentioned him?

I picked him up on my own and made research.

Do you know what research is, KomeCLOWN?

So Meliforme is gassing nothing. He is telling you the truth from his angle

komekn:

Don't you think your gassing it .

What's your Idea of a report ? The first person to read about a player in the media. Thats not discovery that's coincidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
This has nothing to do with entitlements mister man. Meliforme makes a point from his own angle and it actually makes sense.

My own angle is partly related to what Barryseal mentioned. And that is People famzing local talents when all along these same people label the local scene as rubbish. This lad did feature in the NNL/NPFL briefly so the hypocrisy was being pointed out all because he has now gone to Inter.

Also, the Ebenezer was since analysed and the Inter news dropped in here long before it finally got confirmed as the same post said it would be in January. Does it hurt you or anyone to acknowledge that simple fact?? Abi is someone jealous of acknowledging something so true?

The issue is very simple. When the lad was first mentioned and analysed, the Inter Milan news was also dropped in same post. Only very few people cared.

Now, Inter confirms the news and it goes mega public weeks later in January and some start sounding like they knew it all along. Such a shallow and pretensive act.

And if you think I do no one any favors by "discovering players" on Nairaland then please explain why I have a lot of folks reach out to me for what I do. I am on my own yet what I do in here keeps getting attention out there and people actually use some of my information to get knowledge of certain talents. You don't actually realise how much attention I avoid due to what I do outside this place. I do this in here only because I love Nigerian football. It is so easy for me.

Now, just say you don't know and move along.

By the way, your man, Azubuike Okechukwu is now with Turkish 2nd tier side, Rizespor. Be sure to keep an eye on him. Funny how you withdrew yourself just as Zubby went inactive and have now resurfaced just as Zubby begins seeing gametime again. The coincidence is suspicious. 😏

while nwakali is about to get nominated for balon d’or award from Spanish 2nd tier 🥱🥱

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
U discovered Gift Emmanuel Orban because u first made mention of him here

The same way Mungo Park discovered River Niger wey our forefather don swim hundreds of years before them born em great grand father🤣

Discovery channel 🤣

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Please what's the latest score between Nigeria and Zambia u20?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2023
It's funny how some low life fat beggar cretin keeps finding my attention when I don't have any to give it.

But this same man child cries and begs Danielnino00 to please not quote him anymore and to please have nothing to do with him. 😂😂😂😂

Literally crying for Danny to please leave him alone while he keeps running after my every post and having me live in his dumb head. And boy, that head is so spacious because there is literally nothing in it. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't suffer fools shaa. The best answer to them is always Silence like I have been doing. Jealous low lives with nothing special to contribute. 😂

This below is still the reason the fat beggar Neanderthal is still hurt and feels super inferior to me...... he was caught begging for Crumbs.😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
Goalless.

solonnachi:
Please what's the latest score between Nigeria and Zambia u20?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
It's funny how some low life fat beggar cretin keeps finding my attention when I don't have any to give it.

But this same man child cries and begs Danielnino00 to please not quote him anymore and to please have nothing to do with him. 😂😂😂😂

Literally crying for Danny to please leave him alone while he keeps running after my every post and having me live in his dumb head. And boy, that head is so spacious because there is literally nothing in it. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't suffer fools shaa. The best answer to them is always Silence like I have been doing. Jealous low lives with nothing special to contribute. 😂

Mungo Park of our time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I rather remain fat as you claim than look like a “premature adult” like you 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Malnourished psycho wey mistake em sickening nature to be a nerd 🤣🤣🤣🤣

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:46pm On Feb 03, 2023
Osimhen's Goals per 90 vs Top 100-ranked oppositions and vs Oppositions outside the Top 100-ranked in Europe: 2022/23.

In Elite Company.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
The difference here which you obviously, in your self-deceiving mind, refuse to admit is that this kid wasn't in the media. Which Mainstream media in Nigeria covered him before I mentioned him?

I picked him up on my own and made research.

Do you know what research is, KomeCLOWN?

So Meliforme is gassing nothing. He is telling you the truth from his angle

truth that massages your tiny framed ego 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ozwor!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2023
Damn.... Not again.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:54pm On Feb 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Okay bruv, you've been begging for this...

Now, send me your acct so I can help you with 2k incase you were unlucky in this giveaway draw...

grin grin

FAT Chulo!!! THE REAL BOMBOY cool

Flashback to this post.

The post that made me his Landlord FOREVER. 😂😂😂😂

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by activities2: 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Okay bruv, you've been begging for this...

Now, send me your acct so I can help you with 2k incase you were unlucky in this giveaway draw...

grin grin

FAT Chulo!!! THE REAL BOMBOY cool
My drop?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14194) (14195) (14196) (14197) (14198) (14199) (14200) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.