Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11871178 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) (14239) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2023
chrisooblog:
The Law you make a lot compelling arguments most of which I agree with and this post is no different. However I disagree with you on the bold. We can slam Iheanacho on his lack of consistency and unseriousness but you can't deny he has qualities that won't look out of place amongst an elite field.

From the kind of goals he scores to the kind of assists he provides I have absolutely no doubt that if he adds consistency and single minded determination to be at the top you would be talking of a world class player.

Osimhen is not as talented KC but his raw drive and and ambition to succeed has put him on the path to becoming a great player while Senior Man is content to be earning a massive pay check.

You may dismiss me

But in my little football experience it's not always talent and ability but MENTALITY that is the core component for success.

Within mentality is humility, resilience, diligence, discipline, quest to improve and rise , overcome and overtake.

That's what VO is he was very weak technically and his football ⚽ intelligence near zero at Wolfsburg. But he realised, l got a lot to learn, he humbled himself with a never say die determination, he improved ,he Learned, he adapted, he pushed himself, he was never content ,he wanted more and has ARISEN. There is no discussion about top strikers without his name in the mix.

KC remained he has got to where he wanted beyond his wildest dreams. When he moved to Leicester he got £2.5 million in the bank 🏦 imagine what exchange rate then it was £1 to 250 Naira ( land and houses werva lot cheaper cement too) He was content football ⚽ became a pass time without any passion to RISE and make a name he has made the £££ ,nuttin remain, I have Arrived.

Isaac Success the waste Man was even worse big money enter hand ,brain scatter he even became over weight. Fighting 3 olosho in a 5 star hotel ,drunk and refusing to pay for services rendered.

Kelechi in a nutshell is a guy who began to celebrate before the goal was in the net . Living the lifestyle without actually being successful. He didn't improve he believed the hype his own and many who have hailed him here , Midfield maestro numero one, inside bottom of Segundo division. He has had too much opportunity but nothing to show.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2023
hmmm very apt I most say.

komekn:

You may dismiss me

But in my experience it's not always talent and ability but MENTALITY that is the core component for success.

Within mentality is humility, resilience, diligence, discipline, quest to improve and rise , overcome and overtake.

That's what VO is he was very weak technically and his football ⚽ intelligence near zero at Wolfsburg. But he realised, l got a lot to learn, he humbled himself with a never say die determination, he improved ,he Learned, he adapted, he pushed himself, he was never content ,he wanted more and has ARISEN. There is no discussion about top strikers without his name in the mix.

KC remained he has got to where he wanted beyond his wildest dreams. When he moved to Leicester he got £2.5 million in the bank 🏦 imagine what exchange rate then it was £1 to 250 Naira. He was content football ⚽ became a pass time without any passion to RISE and make a name he has made the £££ ,nuttin remain, I have Arrived.

Isaac Success the waste Man was even worse big money enter hand ,brain scatter he even became over weight. Fighting 3 olosho in a 5 star hotel ,drunk and refusing to pay for services rendered.

Kelechi in a nutshell is a guy who began to celebrate before the goal was in the net . Living the lifestyle without actually being successful. He didn't improve he believed the hype his own and many who have hailed him here , Midfield maestro numero one, inside bottom of Segundo division. He has had too much opportunity but nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40am On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

You may dismiss me

But in my experience it's not always talent and ability but MENTALITY that is the core component for success.

KC remained he has got to where he wanted beyond his wildest dreams. When he moved to Leicester he got £2.5 million in the bank 🏦 imagine what exchange rate then it was £1 to 250 Naira. He was content football ⚽ became a pass time without any passion to RISE and make a name he has made the £££ ,nuttin remain, I have Arrived.

truth be told osimhen is one player that shut me up after I wrote him off during his stint at Wolfsburg

Osimhen is the real definition of “never say never”. He’s resilience and strong will coupled with hard work and belief catapulted him to where he is today

Dude turned me from a doubter to a believer/fan who is even clamoring and fighting man united English fans on Twitter and fb who prefers kane at united next season instead of the Napoli hit man

Chriskel hv called me out severally here reminding me of how I never rated osimhen then which I openly admitted because there is no shame in absorbing the truth when it’s obvious

That’s the same way I will owe up to my shit if nwakali eventually turns out for the barca,Madrid,Bayern, United of this world in or atleast make a name in any of the top 7 leagues in europe in the nearest future

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52am On Feb 14, 2023
Our youth players in the last 10 years that I rated so highly and expected them to end up as household names in top european clubs but they fell off along the way

Isaac success- who I believed was the heir to Cameroonian and African great Samuel Eto’o

Kelechi Iheanacho- tipped him to metamorphose to an ozil/James Rodriguez kinda of player both in the national team and top clubs in europe

Kelechi Nwakali- Saw him as the next mikel with even better shooting ability. Had strong belief that he will make it up the ladder at Arsenal fast

Musa Mohammed- thought he will be our own version of ex Brazilian right back Cafu

Musa Yahaya- still can’t believe that this kid couldn’t make it to men’s football over the years

Chidiebere nwakali

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:52am On Feb 14, 2023
chrisooblog:
The Law you make a lot compelling arguments most of which I agree with and this post is no different. However I disagree with you on the bold. We can slam Iheanacho on his lack of consistency and unseriousness but you can't deny he has qualities that won't look out of place amongst an elite field.

From the kind of goals he scores to the kind of assists he provides I have absolutely no doubt that if he adds consistency and single minded determination to be at the top you would be talking of a world class player.

Osimhen is not as talented KC but his raw drive and and ambition to succeed has put him on the path to becoming a great player while Senior Man is content to be earning a massive pay check.

You have spoken well my bro. Maybe because I've watched a lot of players and lots of goals, I tend not to be overly impressed like that oo. Maybe. Take his two goals over the last two matches. Those are normal goals na. I'll concede that with consistency, he'll be a gem of a player.

Same thing with movies. I rarely get impressed with them. Glass Onion, Glass Onion, na so I go watch am and I could hardly wait for it to finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:54am On Feb 14, 2023
That has consistently been my point when talking about Iheanacho. He needs to show more hunger and break out of the content state he's currently in. The ability is there I've seen it but the MENTALITY has to change.

Nwakali is someone I hoped would have progressed but his "I've arrived" attitude really switched me off him. I'm not God to predict he won't eventually grow beyond his present level but the hurdles before him are a lot and playing Segunda just won't cut it. I've seen so many footballers reverse their fortunes and rise from obscurity to declare with certainty that Nwakali won't have a great career but boy will it be hard.

komekn:

You may dismiss me

But in my little football experience it's not always talent and ability but MENTALITY that is the core component for success.

KC remained he has got to where he wanted beyond his wildest dreams. When he moved to Leicester he got £2.5 million in the bank 🏦 imagine what exchange rate then it was £1 to 250 Naira ( land and houses werva lot cheaper cement too) He was content football ⚽ became a pass time without any passion to RISE and make a name he has made the £££ ,nuttin remain, I have Arrived.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2023
Yes chief consistency is the word.

Lol at Glass Onion I don't think it was that bad just that Knives Out over shadowed it but I get your general point. It's the same way I feel when people hype Nigerian movies like Brotherhood and Shanty Town when I've seen way better movies.

Mujtahida:

You have spoken well my bro. Maybe because I've watched a lot of players and lots of goals, I tend not to be overly impressed like that oo. Maybe. Take his two goals over the last two matches. Those are normal goals na. I'll concede that with consistency, he'll be a gem of a player.

Same thing with movies. I rarely get impressed with them. Glass Onion, Glass Onion, na so I go watch am and I could hardly wait for it to finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:09am On Feb 14, 2023
Starboytwo:
Good morning folks.

Omo, this Nwakali guy, may God help him so he can justify the faith you guys put in him.

You guys are tough sha, I mean Team Nwakali, you guys have staunchly supported him, through thick and more thin. Kudos.

On a lighter note, if Nwakali just secure a move to a top league, or let’s say Chelasea tongue(na dem fit buy anyone) chai, many people should just leave this thread cuz thegoodjoe/supernerd and more will kill us with intricate short,long,accurate corner etc.

This is where you're wrong. Nothing like team Nwakali. He was once my favorite player and I can tell you how disappointed I am at how his career has turned out now.
We are all disappointed but that doesn't mean he should be written off. He is 24 and he has been having an above average season so far.
Bro...Nacho got blasted for staying at Leceister but anytime he scored, na everybody here dey celebrate am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:29am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Show us stats to back your claim. It is not by typing names. Pick some a game and show us his ball distribution.

I watched the game live up close and personal.

That's my statistic.

What's yours ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

This clip is totally out of the context of the discussion. Na wa.

Your context or the core subject matter.

You requested I name Midfielders who are better than Nwakali I didn't go to the EPL or the Championship but English league one.

I named three Nigerian origin Midfield players, all in one Team in League one, Sheffield Wednesday and for context dropped a small clip to see some of them in action.

If that is not contextual then you need to re-examine your question.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Kog45:
I have said it here that Kelechi Nwakili need a better platform to excel and I hope he move from his present club and Segunda league next season

It’s a pity that some of us don’t know how humans feel when we failed to meet our expectations in life and footballers are not exceptional,check out Dele Ali issue.It always leads to depression and sometimes suicide...till date a lot believed Justin Fashanu committed suicide cus of homosexuality but NO,he was frustrated cus he could not find his feet again in his chosen profession(football).

I wish Nwakili well,not easy seeing Osimehn and Chuckwueze up there and still struggling.I have friends who are ex players but financially are frustrated and some have lost their life due to depression....I wish all Nigerian players both home and abroad out there struggling to meet up,good health to fulfill their dreams.
You have written well. The truth is that I don't have anything personal against Nwakali. He's a Nigerian. If he comes good, it's a plus for us.

My aggro is not with the player at all but those who exaggerate his ability. Whatever his struggles or challenges may be, I will be the last to gloat over him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:39am On Feb 14, 2023
chrisooblog:
That has consistently been my point when talking about Iheanacho. He needs to show more hunger and break out of the content state he's currently in. The ability is there I've seen it but the MENTALITY has to change.

Nwakali is someone I hoped would have progressed but his "I've arrived" attitude really switched me off him. I'm not God to predict he won't eventually grow beyond his present level but the hurdles before him are a lot and playing Segunda just won't cut it. I've seen so many footballers reverse their fortunes and rise from obscurity to declare with certainty that Nwakali won't have a great career but boy will it be hard.

This is my little experience a person with incredible MENTALITY will overcome a person with outstanding ability and talent with very low MENTALITY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2023
Joezinho:

Iheanacho is an inconsistent player. He has a crazy cycle of form.

He can play 5 games and have 9G/A and the next 5 games he will get a 0 G/A. Crazy. Dude is hugely overrated in my book. The talent he has is nowhere near Premier League Status and I’m surprised he is still in that league.

For a striker, he is so inconsistent that he goes non existent in so many games.
It's d PL and it's talent that is hugely overrated.
Year in,year out,y have they find in difficult to win ballon d'or?
And y did man city him when they did if he is not PL standard?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On Feb 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
imagine still tagging a player who will be soon 25 years old special talent? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I no blame pple wey say thegoodjoe sometimes Dey use words carelessly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Talent is gift. Kelechi Nwakali has a special gift. That was why as a young player, he was allowed to train with Iheanacho's U17 team.

Special talent, that was why he was picked to lead the U17 team and emerged best player. Special gift.

Not hitting heights at a particular age does not mean the player does not have a special gift. Or that the player is not a special talent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

This is my little experience a person with incredible MENTALITY will overcome a person with outstanding ability and talent with very low MENTALITY.

And an incredible talent with low mentality can transform the trajectory of his life with a change in attitude. With humility, dedication and continuous hard work, a player with incredible ability can make the most of his talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:57am On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

You have written well. The truth is that I don't have anything personal against Nwakali. He's a Nigerian. If he comes good, it's a plus for us.

My aggro is not with the player at all but those who exaggerate his ability. Whatever his struggles or challenges may be, I will be the last to gloat over him.

No one is exaggerating his ability. You just want to see people running Kelechi Nwakali down. When people point out things he does well, you guys call it hype and go into attack mode.

I challenge you to show a place where Kelechi Nwakali was hyped.

Please the attack is more personal than most of you claim.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
imagine still tagging a player who will be soon 25 years old special talent? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I no blame pple wey say thegoodjoe sometimes Dey use words carelessly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wonder 🤔

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:59am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

No one is exaggerating his ability. You just want to see people running Kelechi Nwakali down. When people point out things he does well, you guys call it hype and go into attack mode.

Yes you ABSOLUTELY are .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The question I keep asking and I have not gotten an answer is this… How come all the clubs Nwakali has journeyed through… from Arsenal to all the others, With all the professionals working with him everyday, non of them spotted the super natural abilities you guys claim he has? Yet this same clubs unearth gems season by season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

your first line in the last paragraph na wetin follow dey pain be for the guy matter

nwakali's ability as a footballer is highly exaggerated i swear. imagine folks coming here to rave on his long passes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. a skill set that is one of the basics for midfielders and centre backs, even much maligned english and man united cb harry maguire is very good at that. same goes to our own troost ekong who is not even among the top 5 center backs to wear the colors of the national team but very good with long passes from the back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:
The question I keep asking and I have not gotten an answer is this… How come all the clubs Nwakali has journeyed through… from Arsenal to all the others, With all the professionals working with him everyday, non of them spotted the super natural abilities you guys claim he has? Yet this same clubs unearth gems season by season.

shebi i don ask the same question tire

even as he is doing wonders as posted here weekly in laliga 2 so no scout from atleast the belgian,dutch or even swiss topflight hv noticed him to recommend him to clubs from the leagues mentioned above?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

Yes I got your point.....to some he can still do it but to some he cannot,left for him to handle that but one thing is glaring his present club lacks it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=komekn post=120896940]

Can you stop being delusional it seems you view is very limited and parachoial. Imagine comparing NWAKALI To Pirlo, are your in this world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
Truidstar:

Answer why Iheanacho with all his talents, is on the bench of Leicester City. It is life. quality players still face draw backs. It does not mean they are poor.

When Chuba Akpom was sliding down the ladder, why did clubs not unearth him all these while. Did that mean he was poor or lacked the ability to excel?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

Yes you ABSOLUTELY are .

Show me where or you are absolutely lying,.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

I wonder 🤔

Do you even understand what talent means?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
Papi85:
your first line in the last paragraph na wetin follow dey pain be for the guy matter

nwakali's ability as a footballer is highly exaggerated i swear. imagine folks coming here to rave on his long passes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. a skill set that is one of the basics for midfielders and centre backs, even much maligned english and man united cb harry maguire is very good at that. same goes to our own troost ekong who is not even among the top 5 center backs to wear the colors of the national team but very good with long passes from the back

Show us where his ability is exaggerated. You guys just hate the guy for no reason. Show us a point he is hyped.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Show me where or you are absolutely lying,.

Look in the mirror 🪞 it's staring right at you .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Show us where his ability is exaggerated. You guys just hate the guy for no reason. Show us a point he is hyped.
which exaggeration pass tagging him a special talent?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
which exaggeration pass tagging him a special talent?

You do not win the best player in the U17 world cup by not being a special talent. This is basic knowledge and not an exaggeration.

This is a typical example of how you guys try to run from facts.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

Look in the mirror 🪞 it's staring right at you .

Stop dribbling. Show us the exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
After many of you will stand and tell bold faced lies like I have nothing against kelechi Nwakali but those hyping him. Please, show us the hype.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) (14239) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), Philosopher1979, bossto(m) and 19 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.