Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,437 members, 7,846,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840779 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14232) (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35am On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
Shame no dey catch you. Special talent in Segunda Liga? Ah, this man, you will ruin any team you are placed in charge of. cheesy grin.
But wait, is he becoming special or he's special? Don't confuse us. cheesy grin

Special talent. When we use talent, we mean not yet harnessed. Just like finding a precious gem stone. It is after polishing and processing it, before you can take it a valuable precious stone.

That is why I used talent. Meaning, he has the potential to become a quality and special player.

So saying Segunda does not change the point in anyway.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:27am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Special talent. When we use talent, we mean not yet harnessed. Just like finding a precious gem stone. It is after polishing and processing it, before you can take it a valuable precious stone.

That is why I used talent. Meaning, he has the potential to become a quality and special player.

So saying Segunda does not change the point in anyway.
Truth is, there was good reason to say Sadiq was finished, from not cutting it in Scotland, to Serbia, Segunda and now he's in Real Sociedad, not over until it is finally. Vardy that is well respected was a late bloomer too.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 4:15am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That was why the last stats TheSuperNerd posted of Kelechi Nwakali drew my interest.

In the previous match, Kelechi Nwakali had 63 touches on the ball. In his last match, he had 109 touches. Which was insane. You can only achieve that by improving your work rate. It shows he is pushing to get more of the ball. His making 17 long passes shows he is pushing to control play more.

So, there is a big sign that he is finding his feet and we might witness something special soon.

He just needs to keep pushing. Kelechi Nwakali is a special talent. He just needs to make it shine more.
on his A-days Nwakali is a Beauty to behold on the ball.
Leave all these short sighted people

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:39am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Nwakali is a brilliant asset when it comes to corner kicks. He possesses a direct threat from it due to his accuracy.

He is also good at free kicks too.

Nwakali has the ability of picking offensive team mates in offensive areas with through balls.

He is also good with short combinative passes.

However, his long balls are his best attributes.
he’s not good at free kicks please, how many does he have in his career? One or two

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:42am On Feb 14, 2023
grin
TheSuperNerd:
Kelechi Nwakali FT Stats for Ponferradina on Sunday.

UD Ibiza 1-1 SD Ponferradina - La Liga Smartbank Matchday 27.

Played 90mins+.
109 touches.
1 chance created💥
14 pass entries into Final third🔥🔥🔥
81/92 accurate passes.
88% passing accuracy.
17/25 accurate long balls 😳🔥🔥🔥 (WTF??!!!!).
1/4 accurate crosses.
3 corners taken.
2 shots off target.
100% ground duels won (4/4).
2/3 aerial duels won.
8 recoveries.
2 clearances.
2 headed clearances.
1 tackle.
1 interception.
1 block.
Was fouled 3x.
0x dribbled past.

Ahhh... no wonder Joebie came in to stylishly call my attention to the lad's showing today. Na wa.

TheGoodJoe, biko come and see something, my Top Man.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:43am On Feb 14, 2023
Now u know lol

TheSuperNerd:
Lol... what is this now? I dey busy offline.

I no even dey here to post on Osimhen's "Tap In" for his 17th in Serie A.

Anyway, now that you mention it, no wahala😂😂

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:36am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is life.

How come Iheanacho is benching at Leicester City with his immense talent?

Sometimes life hits hard and you fall off from where you can reach in life. As long as you don't give up and keep pushing on, you can turn things around to achieve much.
First Iheanacho has talent not immense talent. You exaggerate too much. He's your average Joe. There are players and there are exceptional players. Iheanacho is not an exceptional player. Let's be clear eyed about the way we estimate our players or maybe players generally.

The thing is that once you like a certain player or a certain coach or certain style of play, you hype them to heavenly heights and allow your bias to overshadow reality. This is one reason why we have arguments - sometimes needless arguments - on this forum.

What komekn does in underestimating is what you do in exaggeration. Different sides of the same coin. It makes me sceptical about the worth of analysis coming from either of you.

For Nwakali I know that football rewards talent, it rewards hard work and discipline. If he's been down there for four seasons now is that not an indication that he's not able to move up to a higher level? But since you have gone philosophical and since I am not God, I will leave it at this and wish him the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2023
jihday:
he’s not good at free kicks please, how many does he have in his career? One or two
Truth is that there's nothing special about the free kicks or corners he plays. Like you said what are the results?

'Brilliant asset'. see the exaggeration again. That's why I say TheGoodJoe uses words carelessly. Walahi. Before arguing that you don't, what are the stats about his free kicks and corners to show that he is a 'brilliant asset'?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:33am On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

Truth is that there's nothing special about the free kicks or corners he plays. Like you said what are the results?

'Brilliant asset'. see the exaggeration again. That's why I say TheGoodJoe uses words carelessly. Walahi. Before arguing that you don't, what are the stats about his free kicks and corners to show that he is a 'brilliant asset'?

Go and watch Kelechi Nwakali's corner kicks at the AFCON and see how accurate they were. To the best of my knowledge, most got to his teammates.

If that is not brilliant, what is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35am On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

First Iheanacho has talent not immense talent. You exaggerate too much. He's your average Joe. There are players and there are exceptional players. Iheanacho is not an exceptional player. Let's be clear eyed about the way we estimate our players or maybe players generally.

The thing is that once you like a certain player or a certain coach or certain style of play, you hype them to heavenly heights and allow your bias to overshadow reality. This is one reason why we have arguments - sometimes needless arguments - on this forum.

What komekn does in underestimating is what you do in exaggeration. Different sides of the same coin. It makes me sceptical about the worth of analysis coming from either of you.

For Nwakali I know that football rewards talent, it rewards hard work and discipline. If he's been down there for four seasons now is that not an indication that he's not able to move up to a higher level? But since you have gone philosophical and since I am not God, I will leave it at this and wish him the best

Iheanacho gets two starts in the EPL and is among the best players, if not the best player in the EPL for those two games. If that is not immense talent, what is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54am On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

That is why I said special talent. Hard work goes into part of the polishing needed to shine. Other factors will play that role. It does not matter how long Kelechi Nwakali has been down. What matters to me is that he keeps pushing and tries to maintain that impressive stats.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:55am On Feb 14, 2023
jihday:

More to come.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 7:02am On Feb 14, 2023
Good morning folks.

Omo, this Nwakali guy, may God help him so he can justify the faith you guys put in him.

You guys are tough sha, I mean Team Nwakali, you guys have staunchly supported him, through thick and more thin. Kudos.

On a lighter note, if Nwakali just secure a move to a top league, or let’s say Chelasea tongue(na dem fit buy anyone) chai, many people should just leave this thread cuz thegoodjoe/supernerd and more will kill us with intricate short,long,accurate corner etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:42am On Feb 14, 2023
Joezinho:

Iheanacho is an inconsistent player. He has a crazy cycle of form.

He can play 5 games and have 9G/A and the next 5 games he will get a 0 G/A. Crazy. Dude is hugely overrated in my book. The talent he has is nowhere near Premier League Status and I’m surprised he is still in that league.

For a striker, he is so inconsistent that he goes non existent in so many games.
give me prove of kelechi starting 5 straight games for Rodgers with 0 G/A

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:02am On Feb 14, 2023
Marjoribanks:
When Ghana almost made the semi finals did any of the Ghanaians won the APOTY award? So Hakimi that did nothing special at the World cup will win cos .. lol! It is only their goalkeeper that might make the top three. Oshimen is currently the AFCON qualifiers and Seria A highest goal scorer. He is winning it!
Top three
Oshimen, Mahrez, Morroco goalkeeper/Kudus

You’re very funny my guy 😂

You expect a defender to bang 15 goals in a tourney ?
There are other stats to help plead his case

Well I’m glad you’re not the one running apoty

Because you’ll carry it to every high scoring player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2023
Starboytwo:
Good morning folks.

Omo, this Nwakali guy, may God help him so he can justify the faith you guys put in him.

You guys are tough sha, I mean Team Nwakali, you guys have staunchly supported him, through thick and more thin. Kudos.

On a lighter note, if Nwakali just secure a move to a top league, or let’s say Chelasea tongue(na dem fit buy anyone) chai, many people should just leave this thread cuz thegoodjoe/supernerd and more will kill us with intricate short,long,accurate corner etc.

Leave the thread for what? What a lot of people don't understand is we (especially me) don't wish him bad neither are we happy with the struggle he's currently facing, what I don't like is yall trying belittle other players just because you want to hype. Someone here is notorious for always comparing him to Iwobi, and other players doing well.

He can be hyped by anyone that wants to hype him, but dragging other players just because you want to elevate is unacceptable. It's not like he's playing for the best team in the league he is neither is he the best player in his team, he should at least tick those two boxes with the kind of hype he gets here, he's playing in a 2nd division for bleeps sake.

If he eventually gets a big move in future, nobody has the right to tell anyone "I told you so" because saying Nwakali is not good enough NOW " is not a lie.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:51am On Feb 14, 2023
typicalgamer:

But again, high scoring players are the ones who have been winning the APOTY most of the time... Abi when last did a defender ever win the award?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2023
But there is no way in a million years it can be said he has had as many chances as the other 2. Vardy earned the right to have 3/4 games without scoring and still deemed the number 1, there's no issue there. But Iheanacho should have been afforded 3/4 games in a row yet a couple of small mistakes and he'd get dropped after 1 game, whereas Daka could play for 3/4 games without the same criticisms or fear of being dropped (not a slight against Daka who I still have hope for). If you want like for like then Daka in for Vardy is more logical. But, if you wanted to give the team the best chance of winning, you pick the best striker available even if it means changing up the system because of available personnel. Instead he'd get one game, with the team set up in the same way and then be dropped by the manager if he didn't score or assist (or even if he did sometimes!). He didn't get the same backing as the others did. Been a bit part player through no fault of his own.
copied

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:58am On Feb 14, 2023
maidaboi:
give me prove of kelechi starting 5 straight games for Rodgers with 0 G/A
I'm not sure that apart from that season he scored 12 goals he has ever started 5 consecutive games for Leicester before.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:10am On Feb 14, 2023
Communique Of The Meeting Of NFF
Executive Committee Held At The NFF
Secretariat On Monday, 13th February 2023
By Tosin Adeniji - February 14, 2023

The Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation met
on Monday, 13th February 2023 at the NFF Secretariat, Abuja
to deliberate on important issues in Nigeria Football and
resolved as follows:
1) The Board thanked the Federal Government for its
continued support and encouragement to the various National
Teams, and prayed for safety and security, as well as peace
and tranquility to rule nationwide during the forthcoming
elections into various positions across the land.
2) While expressing satisfaction with the general preparations
of the U20 Boys’ National Team, Flying Eagles for the
upcoming Africa U20 Cup of Nations in Egypt (during which
the team has remained unbeaten in 18 friendly matches), the
Board charged the team to go all out for a ticket to the FIFA
U20 World Cup finals by reaching the semi-finals in Egypt,
after which it must now aim determinedly for the trophy. It
pledged to provide all necessary support to the team as well
as motivate the squad in an extra way to attain its objectives.
3) With commendations for world football -governing body,
FIFA for its greater attention, interest and commitment of
funds to women’s football, the Executive Committee
expressed delight that Nigeria will be participating in the Four-
Nation Revelation Cup Tournament holding in Leon, Mexico
15th -21st February 2023. It praised the wisdom behind
getting the Super Falcons into the preparatory tourney ahead
of the FIFA Women’s World Cup finals in Australia and New
Zealand this summer, noting that the other three participating
nations, viz Mexico, Costa Rica and Colombia are also World
Cup-bound. It was also pleased that the Falcons will be
participating in another preparatory tournament in Turkey in
April.
4) The Board exhorted the Senior Men National Team, Super
Eagles, to leave no stone unturned in amassing all six points
from their upcoming 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying
quickfire-double against Guinea Bissau next month, while
projecting that those six points will make the team
unassailable in its group contest for a spot at the AFCON
finals, ahead of the final qualifying matches against Sierra
Leone and Sao Tome & Principe.
5) Similarly, the Board charged the U23 Boys, Olympic Eagles
to go all out and defeat their opponents, Guinea, home and
away in their final qualification fixture for the U23 Africa Cup
of Nations, at which Africa’s flag bearers for next year’s
Olympic Men’s Football Tournament will emerge.
6) The Board expressed satisfaction with the preparations of
the U17 Boys, Golden Eaglets for this year’s Africa U17 Cup of
Nations scheduled for Algeria 29th April – 19th May, but
asserted that the Board and indeed Nigerians from all walks
of life expect nothing less than a World Cup ticket from the
squad, and in fact the continental title as a matter of course.
7) In affirming that the grand finale of this year’s Federation
Cup competition will hold a week before the last matches of
the Nigeria Premier Football League season, the Executive
Committee stated that this will allow the winner to prepare
adequately for the task of flying the country’s flag creditably
at the CAF Confederation Cup. It observed that failure to
adhere to the calendar/lack of any in the past few years was
the principal reason for Nigeria’s recent poor show in
continental club competitions.
cool The Board unanimously endorsed a proposal by its
President to utilize the residual funds from FIFA Forward 2.0
and the proposed funds from the incipient FIFA Forward 3.0
for the construction of a befitting hostel accommodation for
the National Teams, and the construction of two Football
Pitches (one natural turf and one synthetic turf) for use by the
Teams at the Goal Project section, Package B of the Moshood
Abiola National Stadium, Abuja.
9) With regards to the proposed Guidelines for the
establishment of Football Academies in the country, the
Executive Committee charged the Football Associations in
the 36 States and the FCT to be ready to work assiduously
towards enforcing the guidelines in their various jurisdictions.
IN ATTENDANCE: Ibrahim Musa Gusau (President); Felix
Anyansi-Agwu (1st Vice President); Yusuf Ahmed (Member);
Babagana Kalli (Member); Ganiyu Majekodunmi (Member);
Sunday Dele-Ajayi (Member); Nse Essien (Member); Margaret
Icheen (Member); Timothy Henman Magaji (Member);
Mohammed Sanusi (Secretary).
ABSENT WITH APOLOGY: Sharif Rabiu Inuwa (Member); Aisha
Falode (Member).

https://www.sports247.ng/communique-of-the-meeting-of-nff-executive-committee-held-at-the-nff-secretariat-on-monday-13th-february-2023/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2023
Amedino99:
I'm not sure that apart from that season he scored 12 goals he has ever started 5 consecutive games for Leicester before.
Nacho was my favorite but not anymore
l don't like it when people pass lies as facts
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2023
The Law you make a lot compelling arguments most of which I agree with and this post is no different. However I disagree with you on the bold. We can slam Iheanacho on his lack of consistency and unseriousness but you can't deny he has qualities that won't look out of place amongst an elite field.

From the kind of goals he scores to the kind of assists he provides I have absolutely no doubt that if he adds consistency and single minded determination to be at the top you would be talking of a world class player.

Osimhen is not as talented KC but his raw drive and and ambition to succeed has put him on the path to becoming a great player while Senior Man is content to be earning a massive pay check.

Mujtahida:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I said special talent. Hard work goes into part of the polishing needed to shine. Other factors will play that role. It does not matter how long Kelechi Nwakali has been down. What matters to me is that he keeps pushing and tries to maintain that impressive stats.
I have said it here that Kelechi Nwakili need a better platform to excel and I hope he move from his present club and Segunda league next season

It’s a pity that some of us don’t know how humans feel when we failed to meet our expectations in life and footballers are not exceptional,check out Dele Ali issue.It always leads to depression and sometimes suicide...till date a lot believed Justin Fashanu committed suicide cus of homosexuality but NO,he was frustrated cus he could not find his feet again in his chosen profession(football).

I wish Nwakili well,not easy seeing Osimehn and Chuckwueze up there and still struggling.I have friends who are ex players but financially are frustrated and some have lost their life due to depression....I wish all Nigerian players both home and abroad out there struggling to meet up,good health to fulfill their dreams.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2023
Napoleon55:

U clearly do not have any idea of d long ball he was talking about,that kind of long ball is not a basic skill, it's a special skill itself, not all d players have it.
In all my years since I started watching SE,I can only think of just 3 players with that kind of accurate long balls skill, Okocha,Olisey and Mikel,before Jose Mo' coached him out of it are d few players that can comfortably play that kind of long ball n locate d intended players.
It's not just to hit d ball n hopes u meet ur target, it's about precision.

Pirlo is a master of that kind of long ball

Can you stop being delusional it seems you view is very limited and parachoial. Imagine comparing NWAKALI To Pirlo, are your in this world 🌎 or another One

Please expand your understanding, you are operating an obsolete operating system essentially you are using DOS that expired in 1994 we are now on Windows 11+.

Please download a new operating system, you are obsolete and out of touch.

Long ball is not a special skill, it is a basic skill please. And if you don't know that. Go and watch English league two and below and your will see continuous long ball.

In most EPL Academies at 14 doing a 30 yard pass is a basic requirement, we call it pinging the ball and it has to be pin point accurate. I know boys who could do that at 11/12 the exceptional ones.

At 15/16 there are many particularly Midfielders and defenders who can do it with both feet.

Unfortunately Nwakali didn't get far with his unique skill in Arsenal , Maastricht in Eerste division Dutch second tier and lasted only 9 games and 300.minutes in the Eredivise before he was sent out. He couldn't get a place in the Porto B, and now he has gone to the bottom of pot in relegation zone of the Segundo division and you are comparing him to Pirlo.

Check yourself something deh do you .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2023
Kog45:
I have said it here that Kelechi Nwakili need a better platform to excel and I hope he move from his present club and Segunda league next season.

It’s a pity that some of us don’t know how humans feel when we failed to meet our expectations in life and footballers are not exceptional,check out Dele Ali issue.It always leads to depression and sometimes suicide...till date a lot believed Justin Fashanu committed suicide cus of homosexuality but NO,he was frustrated cus he could not find his feet again in his chosen profession(football).

I wish Nwakili well,not easy seeing Osimehn and Chuckwueze up there and still struggling.I have friends who are ex players but financially are frustrated and some have lost their life due to depression....I wish all Nigerian players both home and abroad out there struggling to meet up,good health to fulfill their dreams.
Well said. 👍🏾

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:02am On Feb 14, 2023
Kog45:
I have said it here that Kelechi Nwakili need a better platform to excel and I hope he move from his present club and Segunda league next season.

The acceptance of failure is the beginning of SUCCESS, it enables you to constructively criticise ones performance. Then make adjustments and remedies and therefore improve.

Relying on past glories and blaming everyone else for your failings will keep you in a failed state without progression.

The worst thing you can do to a Footballer is to hype him and wash and sweep under the carpet his handicaps and failings.

It's better to be harsh , driven, diligent and focused on improvement than assuming you have arrived .

Many players didn't make it for a multiplicity of reasons including believing their own hype.

Go to Antwerp and you will see former footballers who came to Belgium with big dreams washing cars .

Football is about opportunity and what you do with it.

Nwakali has had way too many opportunities and done little or NOTHING with it. He was at Arsenal when Saka, Emil and Nketiah were 12/13/14 . He didn't take the opportunity to improve, get focused, diligent, be mentally resilient, disciplined, adapt and LEARN.

He is not alone, l know too many players who didn't make it but had an abundant of talent but lacked the discipline and focus to improve and drive themselves to success.

The mentality of V.O. is far different than Nwakali, it was easier for VO to have accepted defeat at Wolfsburg.

But the acceptance of failure at Wolfsburg created a drive, diligence, commitment and humility to LEARN and IMPROVE. He dropped to a lower league put his head down reinvented himself with learning, understanding and focused diligence to LEARN adapt and improve,the rest is history. The core difference here is mentality.

In many regards Nwakali had a better opportunity in Arsenal but he didn't improve he thought he had arrived maybe and got complacent and left behind.

This is the story of football it's not unique to him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2023
typicalgamer:

im not in anyway belittling what they achieve, i mean Morocco, however, aprt from Fabio Canavarro whoi won the world best in 2006, which defender don win any individual award in AFRICA/EUROPE/ASIA/ or even in our sunday league or set. The more reason i hate playing defence(i've got a good tackle btw)

Strikers own the game and Glory.

I'm not saying osihmen will win the World Best in his career tho, but i see him carrying an award on that podium... The guy is a beast of a striker, for real.

Sentiments apart, this thread apart, i'm a Nigerian and Osihmen fan boy apart, in the HERE AND NOW, i mean CURRENTLY, as of last week or lets rewind a little, POST-WORLD CUP, WHO IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD?

Messi-? nope
mbappe?-Nope
Neymar ?- maybe a little wink(dont mind me, he is my idol)
Debryune- Nope
Lewa- nope
haaland- maybe he is(cuz of goals no doubt)
mahrez- good patch of form atm
kvara- good shot
osihmen- Hot shot

no Chelsea player/no liverpool player/no Madrid player/no Arsenal player/definitely no Moroccan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:13am On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

The acceptance of failure is the beginning of SUCCESS, it enables you to constructively criticise ones performance. Then make adjustments and remedies and therefore improve.

Relying on past glories and blaming everyone else for your failings will keep you in a failed state without progression.

The worst thing you can do to a Footballer is to hype him and wash and sweep under the carpet his handicaps and failings.

It's better to be harsh , driven, diligent and focused on improvement than assuming you have arrived .

Many players didn't make it for a multiplicity of reasons including believing their own hype.
Yes you are right but I don’t think Kelechi Nwakili is here to read all these.I believe the young man is not comfortable where he is now as a footballer,so left for him to keep on working for better career....yes I saw hype here and I saw total condemnation on the young man,now left for him to save his career not even to prove anybody wrong.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:24am On Feb 14, 2023
Mujtahida:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2023
jihday:
🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:27am On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
Shame no dey catch you. Special talent in Segunda Liga? Ah, this man, you will ruin any team you are placed in charge of. cheesy grin.
But wait, is he becoming special or he's special? Don't confuse us. cheesy grin
imagine still tagging a player who will be soon 25 years old special talent? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I no blame pple wey say thegoodjoe sometimes Dey use words carelessly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
Oh yes, I will. Fortunately for you, I don't run away from a challenge. I am glad you finally understand you need more data to be sure he can do it consistently. grin grin
The bolded is one thing you cannot associate with me, sorry. Just not me. Unfortunately for you, i deal with folks here on a case-by-case bases. I may disagree with you on one thing and agree with you on another.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (14232) (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) (14238) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kentebemoney, chuks404 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.