Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752549 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14231) (14232) (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
Marjoribanks:
When Ghana almost made the semi finals did any of the Ghanaians won the APOTY award? So Hakimi that did nothing special at the World cup will win cos .. lol! It is only their goalkeeper that might make the top three. Oshimen is currently the AFCON qualifiers and Seria A highest goal scorer. He is winning it!
Top three
Oshimen, Mahrez, Morroco goalkeeper/Kudus

Damn...I even forgot Ghana's 2010 world cup run.. many people tipped Gyan to win the APOTY.. In the end it was given to Eto'o whose country performed poorly at the world cup but he helped Inter Milan win the treble...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mujtahida:
I
Yes he achieved all that but it does not take away the fact that he's not consistent. What should be taken to mind is that if he can achieve all of this despite his inconsistent showings (I concede the fact that Rogers does not give him a stretch of games) what heights of exploits would he attain if he were a bit more consistent.

And in the Super Eagles Iheanacho and Aribo are a problem as far as tactical set up is concerned.

How many players at Leicester are even consistent? Forget the Leicester won the premier league 8 years ago, they are still very much a mid table club... Consistency isn't something to expect from players at a mid table club...
From all indications, Iheanacho is doing well... When he played at Man City surrounded by world class players, we saw how he performed..
Aribo that you mentioned has mostly been ineffective for Southampton this season, but he was a star at Rangers... Rangers aren't better than Southampton,but the quality of opponents he faced in the Scottish league made Rangers a top team over there...
Like I said some days back (and Thegoodjoe asserted to it), sometimes the quality of a team can affect an individual player's performance.

Imagine of Insigne was still at Napoli now, Nd still playinh selfishly, Osimhen might not have scored this many goals and won't be getting all these accolades...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Video Clip: Gift Emmanuel Orban's Debut Brace

View in link below...

https://twitter.com/ElevenBeNL/status/1624543811983536128?t=Fot--kyjQQCbMcU8ivNR2Q&s=19

I understand that he is 20 years old.
Coach Ladan Bosso no see this dude carry go U-20 Afcon?

This guy is hot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Kwarrect, in addition to other abilities.
I get what you are implying. So TheGoodJoe apart from long balls what other valuable skill set does Nwakali have?
Reference point is the argument that Osimhen is a well rounded striker than Haaland because he possesses other skills.

So apart from long balls which other APPARENT (make you no go talk skill wey na only you dey see) skills does he possess?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2023
You get! Even when we won AFCON 2013. Yaya won ahead of Mikel!
Danielnino00:

Damn...I even forgot Ghana's 2010 AFCON run.. many people tipped Gyan to win the APOTY.. In the end it was given to Eto'o whose country performed poorly at the world cup but he helped Inter Milan win the treble...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2023
I just noticed that Osimhen is the highest goal scorer among all Africans playing at the big 3. If he wins Seria A and top scorer and Napoli has a good run at the CL, he will have a good shot at APOY. I have analyzed all of his contenders and was as neutral as possible

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2023
BannedLarge:
I just noticed that Osimhen is the highest goal scorer among all Africans playing at the big 3. If he wins Seria A and top scorer and Napoli has a good run at the CL, he will have a good shot at APOY. I have analyzed all of his contenders and was as neutral as possible
This is what i call maturity, from the onset you were all violent throwing tantrum here and there but you have to take a back seat and check things out and your opinion change. Wow! You are more matured than some people here who have been dragging ihenacho and nwakali for more than six years.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mujtahida:

I get what you are implying. So TheGoodJoe apart from long balls what other valuable skill set does Nwakali have?
Reference point is the argument that Osimhen is a well rounded striker than Haaland because he possesses other skills.

So apart from long balls which other APPARENT (make you no go talk skill wey na only you dey see) skills does he possess?

Nwakali is a brilliant asset when it comes to corner kicks. He possesses a direct threat from it due to his accuracy.

He is also good at free kicks too.

Nwakali has the ability of picking offensive team mates in offensive areas with through balls.

He is also good with short combinative passes.

However, his long balls are his best attributes.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
jieta:
This is what i call maturity, from the onset you were all violent throwing tantrum here and there but you have to take a back seat and check things out and your opinion change. Wow! You are more matured than some people here who have been dragging ihenacho and nwakali for more than six years.

It will be hard defeating hakimi tho
Lique 1, World Cup Semi final….. Champions league will be the defining factor IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Nwakali is a brilliant asset when it comes to corner kicks. He possesses a direct threat from it due to his accuracy.

He is also good at free kicks too.

Nwakali has the ability of picking offensive team mates in offensive areas with through balls.

He is also good with short combinative passes.

However, his long balls are his best attributes.
But how come then he's in the segunda lower division with this wonderful array of skill sets?

Na juju?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2023
What a delicious ball by Iwobi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
Daninya33:

I understand that he is 20 years old.
Coach Ladan Bosso no see this dude carry go U-20 Afcon?

This guy is hot.
Chairman, for this one, his club no go release am for U20 afcon now. Cut Bosso some slack here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2023
Everton defenders are the worst I have ever seen in possession. They destroy the team’s moral with their mistakes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mujtahida:

But how come then he's in the segunda lower division with this wonderful array of skill sets?

Na juju?

It is life.

How come Iheanacho is benching at Leicester City with his immense talent?

Sometimes life hits hard and you fall off from where you can reach in life. As long as you don't give up and keep pushing on, you can turn things around to achieve much.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is life.

Sometimes life hits hard and you fall off from where you can reach in life. As long as you don't give up and keep pushing on, you can turn things around to achieve much.
We have been hearing this forever. His mates are being linked to Madrid, United and Chelsea. Make una dey deceive am.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2023
Truidstar:
We have been hearing this forever. His mates are being linked to Madrid, United and Chelsea. Make una dey deceive am.

You that is not deceiving Kelechi Nwakali, can you give a credible advice?

How many home bred Nigerians are in the clubs you are listing?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
BannedLarge:

It will be hard defeating hakimi tho
Lique 1, World Cup Semi final….. Champions league will be the defining factor IMO

PSG might just be knocked out of the UCL by Bayern.... Even if Messi, Neymar and Mbappe are available....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is life.

Well said sir. I agree with you on this one. One thing lacking in his game before now was a high workrate. I hope he has developed that side of his game. Eventually if he comes good, it will benefit Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You that is not deceiving Kelechi Nwakali, can you give a credible advice?

How many home bred Nigerians are in the clubs you are listing?
This was an Nwakali that had fire in his U17 days. He was likened by a commentator to a clone of Lampard and Patrick viera. He was box to box covering every inch of grass. Today that fire is gone. Make una talk to am.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:11pm On Feb 13, 2023
osi? Honestly, Im most surprised to see Salah still up there. he looks like he's totally given up giving a shit whenever I see him play these days
I can't believe his stats are that good. Just shows his quality despite such a big drop off

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2023
Truidstar:
They're deceiving themselves. That guy is way below an average player. His workrate have been the issue it seems the dude is ok with the level he is currently

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2023
Truidstar:
This was an Nwakali that had fire in his U17 days. He was likened by a commentator to a clone of Lampard and Patrick viera. He was box to box covering every inch of grass. Today that fire is gone. Make una talk to am.

So where is the advice you are giving here?

You are more interested in telling a player the fire is gone. I am interested in seeing that the gems in the player can still be polished into gold. The fire can still light up. He just needs to keep pushing. It is not over as long as he believes and keeps working towards achieving it.

Finito.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Well said sir. I agree with you on this one. One thing lacking in his game before now was a high workrate. I hope he has developed that side of his game. Eventually if he comes good, it will benefit Nigeria.

That was why the last stats TheSuperNerd posted of Kelechi Nwakali drew my interest.

In the previous match, Kelechi Nwakali had 63 touches on the ball. In his last match, he had 109 touches. Which was insane. You can only achieve that by improving your work rate. It shows he is pushing to get more of the ball. His making 17 long passes shows he is pushing to control play more.

So, there is a big sign that he is finding his feet and we might witness something special soon.

He just needs to keep pushing. Kelechi Nwakali is a special talent. He just needs to make it shine more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
Mujtahida:

Na juju?
🥱

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:43am On Feb 14, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

That was why the last stats TheSuperNerd posted of Kelechi Nwakali drew my interest.

In the previous match, Kelechi Nwakali had 63 touches on the ball. In his last match, he had 109 touches. Which was insane. You can only achieve that by improving your work rate. It shows he is pushing to get more of the ball. His making 17 long passes shows he is pushing to control play more.

So, there is a big sign that he is finding his feet and we might witness something special soon.

He just needs to keep pushing. Kelechi Nwakali is a special talent. He just needs to make it shine more.
I agree with you. He has flattered to deceive in the past but hopefully he comes out shining on the big stage soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:47am On Feb 14, 2023
I guarantee you, flesh and blood has not revealed this to you. cheesy grin.
Blueelf:

This is one of the very few komekn's post I agree with

KC nacho is very inconsistent

YOu guy's forget that his inconsistency made Rorhr drop him from the bronze winning AFCON squad

The guy has been on poor form. If you're as good, even a sentimental coach like rodgers won't have any choice but to play you

Dude is overrated because he is many people's favorite here. Same way people overrate Nwakali. This is someone who can' survive the EPL talk less of the spanish lower division where he is plying his trade. I even saw a post celebratinghim as one of the top 15 players in spanish lowerdivision. Haba!!! Have we come this low? And this is the same person some people are pushing to anchor the midfield of the super eagles

Lollll

I won't tow the path of self-deceit

cc thesupernerd

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:53am On Feb 14, 2023
Shame no dey catch you. Special talent in Segunda Liga? Ah, this man, you will ruin any team you are placed in charge of. cheesy grin.
But wait, is he becoming special or he's special? Don't confuse us. cheesy grin
TheGoodJoe:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:56am On Feb 14, 2023
There was only one thing you needed to do, read the post well before you comment. Let me summarize. We need about 10 weeks' worth of data. cheesy grin
AndSunGorilla:

Just an FYI, Garth Crooks on BBC listed Iheanacho om his EPL team of the week.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:02am On Feb 14, 2023
Oh yes, I will. Fortunately for you, I don't run away from a challenge. I am glad you finally understand you need more data to be sure he can do it consistently. grin grin
The bolded is one thing you cannot associate with me, sorry. Just not me. Unfortunately for you, i deal with folks here on a case-by-case bases. I may disagree with you on one thing and agree with you on another.
Danielnino00:

And after 10 games, will you be man enough to come here and admit you were wrong,or will you continue following Komekn sheepishly to evade and make excuses?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:05am On Feb 14, 2023
benji93:
There was only one thing you needed to do, read the post well before you comment. Let me summarize. We need about 10 weeks' worth of data. cheesy grin
My oga no be fight o, and btw that's a cheap line. All I did was report what's on BBC, is that a crime? Yes while gathering your 10 weeks data, just include Gareth Crook's BBC team of the week in the data. You are gathering data, we give you data as of week 2 from a reputable and reliable source, you dey vex grin.
Peace!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 2:21am On Feb 14, 2023
komekn:

What reputation ❓

One very good season out of 6 seasons so far the rest have been abysmally poor.

No amount of statistical manipulation is going to make him a top striker.

The key component for quality is CONSISTENCY, which in one regard he has been consistently poor.

You may wish to say because he didn't start games or enough game time. Luckily all the strikers for Leicester in the HERE and NOW are poor including Vardy.

Iheanacho is an inconsistent player. He has a crazy cycle of form.

He can play 5 games and have 9G/A and the next 5 games he will get a 0 G/A. Crazy. Dude is hugely overrated in my book. The talent he has is nowhere near Premier League Status and I’m surprised he is still in that league.

For a striker, he is so inconsistent that he goes non existent in so many games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:23am On Feb 14, 2023
Boss, i no dey fight you now. Na Danielnino need that information. cheesy grin. Peace.
AndSunGorilla:

My oga no be fight o, and btw that's a cheap line. All I did was report what's on BBC, is that a crime? Yes while gathering your 10 weeks data, just include Gareth Crook's BBC team of the week in the data. You are gathering data, we give you data as of week 2 from a reputable and reliable source, you dey vex grin.
Peace!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14231) (14232) (14233) (14234) (14235) (14236) (14237) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamdynamite(m), ekehopp2, bennie1980(m), sojious and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.