Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11599694 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16038) (16039) (16040) (16041) (16042) (16043) (16044) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 4:19pm On Mar 28
Make finidi and amuneke go make eba chop. Two sentimental coaches.

At least all the hyping around finidi can stop now. Finished a game with 5 defenders while down with 2 goals. This one nor go carry us go World Cup at all.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:39pm On Mar 28
Where in my post did I accuse anyone of being Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo?
The only time I ever did that was when I called Ladan out for selecting Hausa Muslims when he knows our best under 20 over the years comes from the South precisely South South/South East. Surprisingly, no Muslim nor Northerner came to cry under my post.
But you are here wailing on an honest post devoid of sentiment.
You shld be the one checking your emotions, my guy! Keep your data for reasonable post! Tks.
ChrisKels:

Here is another shameless octogenarian that can't handle his emotions. You are already leaning towards ethic bias because to you and your ilks, anything beyond Ondo is Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:17pm On Mar 28
Whoever coaches us should kuku try radical ideas. He should try things like eletu akinsanmiro in midfield or go to beyond limits academy and get a player there.
I know we won't try things like that unless we don't qualify for the world cup.
Ideas like that work.
Something like samson tijani and olakunle olusegu. They are playing well I in Austria and Russia.
Npfl guys can come in like that sodium is mail. At least he creates chances and has end product.
Our coaches are afraid of stuff like this but it worked. Sunday MBA is an example. Even nwabili is a recent example.
We just need to try something different and see what happens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:39pm On Mar 28
I was one of those who called for Ndidi and Onyedika to be partnered by in all honesty, I was disappointed with the outcome. They seemed not to have defined roles. Who was the DM and who was the CM in that match? There was no synergy between the two

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:43pm On Mar 28
Semid4lyfe did you do anything on my account? I no understand why I can't quote or even modify my own post to correct some typos
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:44pm On Mar 28
TheGoodJoe:

Most beautiful art of football. This is why we love the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkJht0GxOs
Rabbish football. Can't even dignify it by calling it rubbish. It's beneath that word. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:47pm On Mar 28
COOL10:

Lol.

If you don't pass the ball, then how do you intend to move it from your half of the pitch, to the opponent's goal? Dribble your way through? Long range shots from your half? grin
That's not possible. You have to pass the ball; your teammates need to have a feel of the ball.

Tiki Taka epitomizes the true intentions for the creation of the beautiful game called football( a TEAM SPORT created to entertain fans---emphasis on "team sport" ).

Football is not a one man show; it's not for selfish and aimless dribblers, who only care about showboating and taking all the glory. If I want that kind of entertainment, then I could easily watch those events that are specifically made for ball jugglers.

Football is about scoring your opponents and preventing your opponents from scoring you, and what better way to prevent your opponents from scoring than keeping the ball away from them? πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ. Football is not Table Tennis or Lawn Tennis. It's not give me, I give you πŸ˜†.

Tiki Taka is the only football philosophy that emphasizes on playing as a team. When I watch football, that's the kind of entertainment I want. Unfortunately, there're are very few players right now who have the skill-set and intelligence that the likes of Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, Carlos Puyol, Sergio Busquets, Xavi Hernandez, Iniesta, David Villa and of course the master himself, Lionel Messi had back in the day.

Tiki Taka is life, but when it's done the right way πŸ˜„.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Give me Samba, give me Jurgen klopp football not the travesty called tiki taka. May that scourge, that abomination called tiki taka perish

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:50pm On Mar 28
jihday:
I hope you are happy now
That guy ehn. Sha freedom of speech

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:53pm On Mar 28
jihday:
Not good news about Sadiq Umar coming from Super Eagles camp as it was reported that he refused to shake Finidi cos he didn't have playing time during both friendlies.
Source: Poojamedia on twitter
Him Dey mad. He has the guts to do that because Finidi is a Blackman abi. He dare not try such nonsense with a white coach. You see how psychologically black man is under the heel of the white man. They will respect white man and disrespect black man.

Sadiq wey be like draw soup. I don't even regard him as SE material.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:01pm On Mar 28
humility33:

How Finidi foolish team selection take be tribalism?

The man does nt look a tribalist but only incompetent.

If he was a tribalist he would've invited Terem Moffi sef. He is from south south not even from the south east as your mind dey carry u go
Haaa you guys have come again with this tribe thing? Where did you see tribe mentioned there? Would you say it is tribal allusion that is being made if that statement was analysed by any other person apart from forgiveness? Are you a tribal sniffer going around sniffing comments to detect tribal scent? No na.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 6:53pm On Mar 28
Mujtahida:

Him Dey mad. He has the guts to do that because Finidi is a Blackman abi. He dare not try such nonsense with a white coach. You see how psychologically black man is under the heel of the white man. They will respect white man and disrespect black man.

don't mind the guy. Very stupid behaviour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:57pm On Mar 28
Please expatiate on β€œna we sabi play ball pass”

Because that team had just Dessers and Sadiq

But I agree it’s not good to openly castigate players.

forgiveness:

Na we sabi ball pass. Wetin dis ones wan play.

Imagine telling the press he doesn't have a good striker in his team. Very shallow minded person. And he wan coach NIGERIA NATIONAL TEAM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:01pm On Mar 28
Finidi na correct Ijaw man man like Siasia

And the Ijaws are the 4th tribe based population of I’m not mistaken

ChrisKels:

Here is another shameless octogenarian that can't handle his emotions. You are already leaning towards ethic bias because to you and your ilks, anything beyond Ondo is Igbo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:04pm On Mar 28
Sadiq no deserve invitation sef.

komekn:

I don't rate him and my opinion remains the same not good quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:09pm On Mar 28
But one thing some of us forget is that Finidi has been with the team and he has seen all these players both on the pitch and in training. However, at the same time, he did not draw the list. Granted, the players deserved some time on the pitch over two games, but it’s not as if they have not had game time before under Jpes/Finidi. So there was nothing really β€œNEW” to try.

komekn:
Just like our politicians we are obsessed with recycling not improving.

Collins, Awaziem, Omeruo, are not bringing anything new, you want to improve you try something NEW it's very simple.

You have players making waves Tella, Fisayo and you don't play them.

Friendly games should be used to improve not recycle the old ones and rebranding.

Where are the new midfielders we need ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13pm On Mar 28
So this is quote u were referring to? Hmm

forgiveness:

Findi used his own mouth to say.....wetin dis one one play by stating categorically and I quote "if we had our injured strikers available, we would have changed the one on the pitch immediately. Losing two strikers forced us to play wide and as an aggressive team"

As you can see, nobi me talk am. He expressed on the field and in words. grin

Why you come carry am for head like gala? grin

Are you trying to exonerate him? No bi tribalist you bi bi dat? grin

Okay, you're defending a co worker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 8:41pm On Mar 28
Put yourself in Sadiq issue. Imagine as a senior lawyer in your law firm and your boss motioned an intern to handle a brief of a big client and found you not competent to even bring up an idea or write a memoir on the case. How would you feel? Is that not diminishing and disrespectful to you that your service is not needed in the law firm and that you are a wack.
Mujtahida:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 8:44pm On Mar 28
ChrisKels:
I was one of those who called for Ndidi and Onyedika to be partnered by in all honesty, I was disappointed with the outcome. They seemed not to have defined roles. Who was the DM and who was the CM in that match? There was no synergy between the two

You can't play midfielders with no ball skills and expect magic. Ghana and Mali's midfielders are miles ahead of ours.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 8:44pm On Mar 28
The list was from Finidi 100%. You can do your findings.
Joebie:
But one thing some of us forget is that Finidi has been with the team and he has seen all these players both on the pitch and in training. However, at the same time, he did not draw the list. Granted, the players deserved some time on the pitch over two games, but it’s not as if they have not had game time before under Jpes/Finidi. So there was nothing really β€œNEW” to try.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:21pm On Mar 28
dijon:
Put yourself in Sadiq issue. Imagine as a senior lawyer in your law firm and your boss motioned an intern to handle a brief of a big client and found you not competent to even bring up an idea or write a memoir on the case. How would you feel? Is that not diminishing and disrespectful to you that your service is not needed in the law firm and that you are a wack.
Sadiq na the senior lawyer? And who is the intern? Simon? Dessers? Lookman?

The same Sadiq many would swear is in the team cause of federal character 😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Mar 28
If true I fault him BIGLY
dijon:
The list was from Finidi 100%. You can do your findings.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28
Mujtahida:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Give me Samba, give me Jurgen klopp football not the travesty called tiki taka. May that scourge, that abomination called tiki taka perish

Well, one man's meat is another man's poison. πŸ˜€
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:07pm On Mar 28
Finidi came with so much hype to coach enyimba, but sincerely I'm not impressed with his impact at enyimba with the hype of coaching in Spain. He has not done anything worthy to be chosen as the coach of SE.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Mar 28
Emmanuel Amuneke may be a popular choice to be named the next Super Eagles coach, but a top official has told SCORENigeria that several factors may work against him including what happened in his last stint with the national team.

It was alleged that the former FC Barcelona winger worked in cross purposes with Augustine Eguavoen when he was drafted to the Super Eagles to assist for Nigeria to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

β€œRather than help Eguavoen, he practically sabotaged him and as they say, the rest is history as Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar,” the top official told SCORENigeria

β€œThose who will decide his fate were very much part of the system even then and they have not forgotten.”

Those who support Amuneke as the next Super Eagles coach have also advanced the argument that he will bring out the best of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze, two players who he first gave their international breakthroughs at U17 level.

β€œWho says Osimhen and Chukwueze still want to work with Amuneke?” the official asked.

β€œA lot of things have happened between the time they played for him in the Golden Eaglets and now when they are grown men.”

It would also be recalled that the former Tanzania coach was embroiled in controversy over the dominance of fellow Igbo players in his team when he led Nigeria to win a record fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in 2015.

A section of the media even dubbed the Golden Eaglets under his watch then as β€œBiafra FC”.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 12:08am On Mar 29
mostob:
If you're the only one holding on to one side of an argument, then something is wrong with your opinion.
You are too emotional

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 12:09am On Mar 29
viccy12:

Finidi hasn't seen a challenge this big. He is Enyimba coach and hasn't really achieved anything. I wasn't expecting them to make him the coach. He is
And you wan reach the top of your own career.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 12:53am On Mar 29
Marjoribanks:
Where in my post did I accuse anyone of being Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo?
The only time I ever did that was when I called Ladan out for selecting Hausa Muslims when he knows our best under 20 over the years comes from the South precisely South South/South East. Surprisingly, no Muslim nor Northerner came to cry under my post.
But you are here wailing on an honest post devoid of sentiment.
You shld be the one checking your emotions, my guy! Keep your data for reasonable post! Tks.

Baba you said nothing wrong. Umar, Yusuf Alhassan, Lookman, Dele, Tella..etc. These guys are having good season. Seems like a pattern. It seems we are living in a hypocritical universe. Same people called out bosso for selecting only northerners.

Finidi just put Local coaches down. It's unforgivable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:06am On Mar 29
Brutal and damning.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:09am On Mar 29
Highest score. Man like Vic.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:44am On Mar 29
dijon:
The point is that can he do it to a white man? No! He'd suck it up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:47am On Mar 29
COOL10:

Well, one man's meat is another man's poison. πŸ˜€
Bro, poison is poison oo. Tiki taka is poison πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:59am On Mar 29
Oasis007:

grin

Finidi sef fΓΊckup. You have a fit Striker in Sadiq, yet you played a Winger upfront.

A low quality striker with no outstanding attributes, tall and big for nothing with zero physicality.

I don't blame him

(1) (2) (3) ... (16038) (16039) (16040) (16041) (16042) (16043) (16044) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, M7even(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.