Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11610003 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16039) (16040) (16041) (16042) (16043) (16044) (16045) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:12am On Mar 29
forgiveness:
That Finidi fall hand.

Any local coach that wants to coach our national team must first distinguish himself at the continental level. He must at least get to the finals of CAF championship.

The only local coach i want is Siasia but unfortunately he is on ban.

In a society that is without integrity and is bedeviled with multifaceted corruption. It seems we see nothing wrong in wrong doing.

Siasa has been indicted, Salusi confirmed and convicted. Why do we still continue with that which has been proven to be cancerous and bad.

Don't we want higher standards of probity, quality, honest a meritorious environment that's object fair and open.

How are we going to move on to better things if we keep returning back 🔙 to our own vomit 🤢🤢

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:20am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:
Emmanuel Amuneke may be a popular choice to be named the next Super Eagles coach, but a top official has told SCORENigeria that several factors may work against him including what happened in his last stint with the national team.

It was alleged that the former FC Barcelona winger worked in cross purposes with Augustine Eguavoen when he was drafted to the Super Eagles to assist for Nigeria to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

“Rather than help Eguavoen, he practically sabotaged him and as they say, the rest is history as Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar,” the top official told SCORENigeria

“Those who will decide his fate were very much part of the system even then and they have not forgotten.”

Those who support Amuneke as the next Super Eagles coach have also advanced the argument that he will bring out the best of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze, two players who he first gave their international breakthroughs at U17 level.

“Who says Osimhen and Chukwueze still want to work with Amuneke?” the official asked.

“A lot of things have happened between the time they played for him in the Golden Eaglets and now when they are grown men.”

It would also be recalled that the former Tanzania coach was embroiled in controversy over the dominance of fellow Igbo players in his team when he led Nigeria to win a record fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in 2015.

A section of the media even dubbed the Golden Eaglets under his watch then as “Biafra FC”.
A journalist wrote this and it was published. And someone will say that Nigeria as a united country will be great someday. Walahi na lie. The worst thing that happened to this nation is d obnoxious quota system law. Maybe someone can point another country where it's practiced. Rubbish post. I can only imagine and wonder what would have happened if Finidi or Amunike we're to be the coach at AFCON that sent Sadiq home and he played a match the following weekend. I think the best bet is get an Oyibo to run this country. From the president to even Family chairmen. We are not yet ready.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:42am On Mar 29
komekn:

A low quality striker with no outstanding attributes, tall and big for nothing with zero physicality.

I don't blame him

Then what about Tella, Lookman, and Fisayo,
those are scoring wingers, or will you say finidi did not notice lookman during Afcon

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:10am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:
Emmanuel Amuneke may be a popular choice to be named the next Super Eagles coach, but a top official has told SCORENigeria that several factors may work against him including what happened in his last stint with the national team.

It was alleged that the former FC Barcelona winger worked in cross purposes with Augustine Eguavoen when he was drafted to the Super Eagles to assist for Nigeria to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

“Rather than help Eguavoen, he practically sabotaged him and as they say, the rest is history as Nigeria failed to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar,” the top official told SCORENigeria

“Those who will decide his fate were very much part of the system even then and they have not forgotten.”

Those who support Amuneke as the next Super Eagles coach have also advanced the argument that he will bring out the best of Victor Osimhen and Samuel Chukwueze, two players who he first gave their international breakthroughs at U17 level.

“Who says Osimhen and Chukwueze still want to work with Amuneke?” the official asked.

“A lot of things have happened between the time they played for him in the Golden Eaglets and now when they are grown men.”

It would also be recalled that the former Tanzania coach was embroiled in controversy over the dominance of fellow Igbo players in his team when he led Nigeria to win a record fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in 2015.

A section of the media even dubbed the Golden Eaglets under his watch then as “Biafra FC”.
total nonsense. Anything to discredit the man. Sabotage how?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 8:10am On Mar 29
Joezinho:

Baba you said nothing wrong. Umar, Yusuf Alhassan, Lookman, Dele, Tella..etc. These guys are having good season. Seems like a pattern. It seems we are living in a hypocritical universe. Same people called out bosso for selecting only northerners.

Finidi just put Local coaches down. It's unforgivable
So baba what's the connection, are you calling out finidi for fielding only southerners. You guys should come out clear and say what you have in mind nobody go beat you 😂. Cos I can't connect Bosso selecting players from the north as you allege and Finidi poor selection in the Mali game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:13am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:

total nonsense. Anything to discredit the man. Sabotage how? This country self.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:19am On Mar 29
zicky:
Finidi came with so much hype to coach enyimba, but sincerely I'm not impressed with his impact at enyimba with the hype of coaching in Spain. He has not done anything worthy to be chosen as the coach of SE.

Completely agree
Nothing special
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:19am On Mar 29
TheLoneCitizen:
Brutal and damning.
osimhen is a guy that knows how to shut people up with his perfomance. We will see how it goes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:25am On Mar 29
TheLoneCitizen:
Brutal and damning.

I thought you already posited that Osimhen is going to PSG
Wetin come concern you with Arsenal's assessment of him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 8:27am On Mar 29
chuks404:
osimhen is a guy that knows how to shut people up with his perfomance. We will see how it goes.

100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:55am On Mar 29
lbrichman2:

I thought you already posited that Osimhen is going to PSG
Wetin come concern you with Arsenal's assessment of him?

This is Daily mail.

I didn't assert he's going to PSG. I confirmed he has a verbal agreement to join PSG.

His priority now is England though. He will even move to Spurs or Newcastle over PSG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:55am On Mar 29
chuks404:

Heaven knows this is what I want.
What glee do I derive from a brother's failure.

But I will not babysit his flaws.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:12am On Mar 29
lbrichman2:

Completely agree
Nothing special
I've watched enyimba games and I can't point any significant impact I can say finidi have on the team, be it style of play. If we want an indigenous coach, I think we have better coaches in the npfl.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:13am On Mar 29
TheLoneCitizen:

This is Daily mail.

I didn't assert he's going to PSG. I confirmed he has a verbal agreement to join PSG.

His priority now is England though. He will even move to Spurs or Newcastle over PSG.
Osimhen himself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:33am On Mar 29
Who wrote that rubbish article on Amuneke undecided undecided undecided undecided

Smh.

This internal rubbish is why Foreign coach is safest. These guys are so embroiled in nonsensicals that they are Januses that will say rubbish on one face and shout hire local coaches on the other.

There are better ways to bring down a man and not that nonsense i just read. Why can't that one write about how thin his cv is to start with? These backstagers go hamper this team soon. Perhaps we will need a dozen Leon Baloguns and Osazes to speak up and lets all empty the trashcans in public for factory reset. Stale writeup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:46am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:

You are helping to disseminate a substanceless, poorly conjured trash aimed to discredit a man through ethnic inclination rather than his capabilities just because of your disdain for the said fellow? I bu ezigbote onye iberibe Charles.

Okay, after their trash talking of his U17 squad, he went on to conquer the world and also give us the current pride of the continent in Osimhen. Same team gave us Chuks, and even Nwakali though he fell off. Osimhen, Zakari Lukman and Funsho Bamgboye were some of the so called Biafran boys. Manu Garba had similar team but we never termed it Arewa team.

In 2013, Forgiveness in particular called Keshi's team a Biafran team and said he wished for them to crash out in the group stage, that team went on to conquer Africa and gave us our third Afcon gold in history.

I'm not a fan of local coaches though I like Eguavoen and SiaSia ball but coming here to write rubbish about a successful team just because of your hate for the handler is what I won't look away from. Once again Emeka, ifere gwuru gi n'anya. You and whoever wrote this rubbish are some ffing bsts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:04am On Mar 29
ChrisKels:

You are helping to disseminate a substanceless, poorly conjured trash aimed to discredit a man through ethnic inclination rather than his capabilities just because of your disdain for the said fellow? I bu ezigbote onye iberibe Charles.

Okay, after their trash talking of his U17 squad, he went on to conquer the world and also give us the current pride of the continent in Osimhen. Same team gave us Chuks, and even Nwakali though he fell off. Osimhen, Zakari Lukman and Funsho Bamgboye were some of the so called Biafran boys. Manu Garba had similar team but we never termed it Arewa team.

In 2013, Forgiveness in particular called Keshi's team a Biafran team and said he wished for them to crash out in the group stage, that team went on to conquer Africa and gave us our third Afcon gold in history.

I'm not a fan of local coaches though I like Eguavoen and SiaSia ball but coming here to write rubbish about a successful team just because of your hate for the handler is what I won't look away from. Once again Emeka, ifere gwuru gi n'anya. You and whoever wrote this rubbish are some ffing bsts

Why do you like lying like this? Show me where I said that?

I will just sue you for defamation.

Chris, desist from lying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:12am On Mar 29
forgiveness:

Why do you like lying like this? Show me where I said that?

I will just sue you for defamation.

Chris, desist from lying.

Oga, don't forget that you and I were members of the defunct kickoff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17am On Mar 29
ChrisKels:

Oga, don't forget that you and I were members of the defunct kickoff.

You think I am like you that open mouth waaaaaa anyhow, huh?

Kickoff or anywhere till tomorrow, I can't say such because I am knowledgeable enough to know the consequences now or in future.

Na your imagination dey worry you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:24am On Mar 29
ChrisKels:

Nna na write up wey I see for scorenigeria.com na wey I post oooooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:26am On Mar 29
Ojoducity Fc🔴🇳🇬 boy Hafiz Umar have started training with Chelsea🔵🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.. Good luck to him on trials at Chelsea🔵🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 we can't wait to hear congratulations🤝..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:29am On Mar 29
NFF President Ibrahim Gusau does not have a preferred candidate as Super Eagles coach unlike was the case with the last administration when the coaches were anointed by the leadership.

Close sources told SCORENigeria: “Gusau has not endorsed any coach to head the Super Eagles.

“He only insists that the best man be appointed.

“His predecessor Amaju Pinnick and his kitched cabinet were clear on who to give the job to when Sunday Oliseh, Gernot Rohr and thereafter when Jose Peseiro were appointed.”

The sources further disclosed, “It is possible that Gusau’s inner circle has a candidate, but the President himself demands a level playing field for all the qualified candidates.”

It was further leant that Gusau himself was clear about the departure of Peseiro immediately after the AFCON.

“He did not mince words when he told some of us after the AFCON in Abidjan that Peseiro has to go,” another close source said.

“He did not enjoy the football that got the team to the final.”

It would be recalled that Gusau openly blasted the team after they forced Equatorial Guinea to a 1-1 draw in their opening group game at the AFCON.

He said it was a disgraceful performance considering the support they enjoy from both the government and people of Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:54am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:
Nna na write up wey I see for scorenigeria.com na wey I post oooooooo

No de post unverified stuff oga. E de your body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:21am On Mar 29
komekn:

In a society that is without integrity and is bedeviled with multifaceted corruption. It seems we see nothing wrong in wrong doing.

Siasa has been indicted, Salusi confirmed and convicted. Why do we still continue with that which has been proven to be cancerous and bad.

Don't we want higher standards of probity, quality, honest a meritorious environment that's object fair and open.

How are we going to move on to better things if we keep returning back 🔙 to our own vomit 🤢🤢
Sia Sia hasn’t been active for a while
Has he gone for courses lately
The game has changed since he lost his coaching license
Strange I see people mention his name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:39am On Mar 29
yinkeys:

Sia Sia hasn’t been active for a while
Has he gone for courses lately
The game has changed since he lost his coaching license
Strange I see people mention his name

Siasia didn’t even apply for d job ..we av been shortlisted already 😎

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:55am On Mar 29
Odunayaw:
No de post unverified stuff oga. E de your body

How u tk knw say it’s unverified?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:59am On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:

How u tk knw say it’s unverified?
You and the writer go share jail cell if they come after am for libel. Sheyb you are sure it is verified na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:11pm On Mar 29
TheLoneCitizen:

This is Daily mail.

An interesting summer it will be then
Fingers crossed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:15pm On Mar 29
zicky:
I've watched enyimba games and I can't point any significant impact I can say finidi have on the team, be it style of play. If we want an indigenous coach, I think we have better coaches in the npfl.

I completely agree with you
Though if we start this discuss, the matter go long
His Enyimba team is ordinary
Nothing shows he was schooled in Spanish football
They still win at home and lose away like all other NPFL teams

Your last paragraph is gold

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29
TheLoneCitizen:

This is Daily mail.

Wise move there’s nothing to conquer in France
PSG will not win UCL
Bayern Munich is even a better deal in terms of what he could achieve
PSG will mostly win Ligue 1 even on bad runs
It could take two or three seasons for Chelsea to stabilize into a UCL team
Especially now that it’s 5 teams in EPL to champions league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29
charlesemeka85:

this is why a foreign coach is the best for a nation of people with fragile brains like Nigeria. Someone like jpes can put out a squad of 90% Yoruba players and no one will bat an eyelid but let a Nigerian do the same hell will be raised. Just this last international break alone findi has already been accused of doing "na we sabi play ball pass" with his selection right here in this thread. Rohr called up a player from Hungary nobody complained, finidi called someone from Tanzania we know what has been said about him.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:24pm On Mar 29
Would be nice to see a clinical finisher like Terrem moffi in a club like Arsenal
He’s better than Nketiah & much more clinical than Jesus when chances are created for him
Jesus is better at creating chances though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16039) (16040) (16041) (16042) (16043) (16044) (16045) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, uchenna55, Christinu2, comodo, Towbaba500(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.