Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16085) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11619688 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16082) (16083) (16084) (16085) (16086) (16087) (16088) ... (16133) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16
codemaniacs:

They are not faster and definitely not more effective..

It is the protection and cheating ( referees no longer give fouls for diving ) today's strikers get from referees that spoiling the game thanks to EPL and racist officiating..

A player runs with the ball and gets tackled and pushed to the ground and the referee and V.A.R don't see it as foul..

Go back and reread Thiago Alcantara 's statement. You are now arguing against common logic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:21pm On Apr 16
charlesemeka85:
you watch the match?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No not all , I would fall asleep with boredom.

But for once we have a clip of the match including the incredible strike according to some.

If you watch the ball it was way off target no real power and it got a deflection of a Vizala defender which sent it the complete opposite way.

Video no deh lie like some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOwVm7Y6CY?si=rt1kb_WklNwt0VVk

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 1:22pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

Go back and reread Thiago Alcantara 's statement. You are now arguing against common logic.

I am arguing against your logic not Thiago Alcantara's statement.

Thiago is a tiki taka trained player so his statement is filled with bias and favoritism for tiki taka so he can never ever speak against tiki taka..

You are the one comparing players from the 90s early 2000s to De Bruyne generation..

You are not a tiki taka trained player or Spanish citizen or resident so your love and obsession for tiki taka and comparing genuine talents with the below par De Bruyne generation is an aberration.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16
codemaniacs:

They are not faster and definitely not more effective..

It is the protection and cheating ( referees no longer give fouls for diving ) today's strikers get from referees that spoiling the game thanks to EPL and racist officiating..

A player runs with the ball and gets tackled and pushed to the ground and the referee and V.A.R don't see it as foul..

Sorry to burst your bubble 💬 you are talking emotive biased and prejudiced balderdash and codswallop.

Don't know where you got racism in officiating from 🧐🧐

Football ⚽ is still a physical game 💪🏿 sorry 😔 to remind you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:26pm On Apr 16
codemaniacs:

I am arguing against your logic not Thiago Alcantara's statement.

Thiago is a tiki taka trained player so his statement is filled with bias and favoritism for tiki taka so he can never ever speak against tiki taka..

You are the one comparing players from the 90s early 2000s to De Bruyne generation..

You are not a tiki taka trained player or Spanish citizen or resident so your love and obsession for tiki taka and comparing genuine talents with the below par De Bruyne generation is an aberration.

You don't have to be Spanish to appreciate good football ⚽ your completely OP.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16
Amedino99:
there was a time drogba and lampard fought for a penalty when lampard was the designated taker. It seems drogba was in the running for the golden boot even though lampard still took the penalty. Can't remember the season.

Me and my bro was just reminiscing about that incident just now Lol

Drogba still scored
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:05pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

Thiago was complaining about the intensity, acceleration and physicality (close in gap) has caused the loss of the magic and fantasy. That is precisely my point the players today are faster and better than in the past. So those flicks and tricks that we used to classify as better won't work today.

Finito.
But that's not how you presented his position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:08pm On Apr 16
codemaniacs:

I wanted to point that out but felt my comment will become too long.

Once Brazil goes back to playing multiple 10s they will be deadly..

In the past maybe from 2014 till 2022 I expected Brazil to always play Firmino as main 9 then Neymar, Coutinho or Douglas costa and Oscar or Willian or Ramires behind him.

But they didn't invite some of these players.
It's a pity they allowed the quarter final defeat at Spain 82 to affect their playing style. 82 is reputed to be the year football died.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 2:19pm On Apr 16
komekn:

No not all , I would fall asleep with boredom.

But for once we have a clip of the match including the incredible strike according to some.

If you watch the ball it was way off target no real power and it got a deflection of a Vizala defender which sent it the complete opposite way.

Video no deh lie like some people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAOwVm7Y6CY?si=rt1kb_WklNwt0VVk

Started and finished the move that led to the only goal of the game, could also have gotten an assist If they were clinical enough, Ladies and gents I present to you
*Maestro JIBOLA AJIBOLA*

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:46pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

I have said it repeatedly. They will be geniuses in this era but will play in a totally different manner and won't be the kind of players we used to know. That is due to the compact nature of today's defending.

Finito.

If they will be genius what will you calll De Bruyne? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:03pm On Apr 16
Mujtahida:

But that's not how you presented his position.

That is exactly what I have been saying for long now. You can't have your enjoyable football because of close in gap in quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:09pm On Apr 16
typicalgamer:

Jackson doesn’t want the pk he was only pushing madueke aside for Palmer

Madueke go be a very toxic guy below average player with ego of Neymar
You have jump into conclusion just because of one incident. BTW madueke is also a good pk taker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16
typicalgamer:

It’s not about that unless a dedicated spot taker gives you the ball or he’s not on the pitch you have no right to drag the ball

Imagine mikel dragging ball with lampard lol
But Drogba drag pk with Lampard, it's something that will keep happening in football. Madueke felt since he has scored hattrick it's just fair he give it to someone else.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16
Mujtahida:

So Thiago Alcantara was even criticizing modern football but TheGoodJoe in his sly manner cherry picked the guy's statement Just to win argument. This is very shameful and dishonest behavior.

Thiago feels football is losing its "magic" and "fantasy" as the game is becoming more physically intense and faster.

"It’s taken up a different pace, rhythm: more accelerated, more physical," he said.

"The figure of the No. 10 has almost disappeared. We see less magic, less fantasy. Footballers do more but faster. There’s no need to dribble because you run

Ashey just like me, Thiago even hates modern football but TheGoodJoe deliberately and duplicituously cropped out the first paragraph of his statement and made it look like Thiago was praising modern football. And I was dismissing the guy due to the dishonesty of TheGoodJoe not knowing Thiago is on my side. Unbelievable

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/liverpool-star-thiago-hates-modern-football--reveals-his-opposition-to-var/15ilnicwla96u1lv35i0g3v8h2
I got to know this interview earlier this year also because Joe as usual spun Thiago's comment like he was praising him.

I know Joe's mind can't be changed but for the sake of truth I had to engage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16
Mujtahida:

Absence of skillful players equals no space to dribble. Space wey we dey see all over the pitch. He talks as if the pitch is packed up like a junk yard
Week in, week out we see so much space all over the field that astronauts will gasp.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16
TheSuperNerd:

Okay, then missed a few details especially with respect to Jackson. His reaction and lunge forward towards Palmer after Palmer took the ball off Madueke was really really crazy.

Some interpreted it as "okay, since I am not taking it, why not madueke?"

Palmer had to push him and I was like... ouch! Gallagher had to take him away. Madueke didn't even face Palmer again. Omo... I was like "Forgiveness are you seeing this chaos?" Lol

You are very correct about your analysis of the pk situation. Jackson second coming was for madueke and not himself. But that push from Palmer looks malicious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 3:33pm On Apr 16
komekn:

Talk about gassing and over exaggeration, as well as disinformation.

Nwakali kicked the ball off target going to his left and it then hits the No. 4 defender for Vizela, causing a massive deflection the ball opposite direction to the right and it's a goal 🥅.

That's what you are gassing about.

Chavez has finally come off the bottoms of the league been there almost permanently league started. The team would get slaughtered in English league one , slow lethargic and poor quality.

They have lost more games and conceded more goals than anybody else in the league.
Hmmm.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16
lovewins:

And this isn't the first time this is happening. Yesterday was just the most disturbing. I think Jackson and Madueke initially felt Palmer won't take it because he already had an hat trick. But he had to upon realising he was in contention for the golden boot.
It's just a miscommunication, if Palmer has explain to them his reason I don't think the whole would have been that ugly. He was only insisting base on I'm the pk taker, while the other boys were like but you already score an hattrick.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16
Odunayaw:
I got to know this interview earlier this year also because Joe as usual spun Thiago's comment like he was praising him.

I know Joe's mind can't be changed but for the sake of truth I had to engage

You guys are making baseless claims. Show me how I twisted anything.

The point is simple. Those legends you praise, will not be as exciting if they were to play in today's game as they were in the past. This is due to the increase of the game's intensity.

Thiago Alcantara's comment says exactly that.

So what did I spin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:31pm On Apr 16
As TheSuperNerd showed, I have been a fan of Cole Palmer since his EDS days. However, something always spooked me about him. His ego and cockiness. Get nothing wrong, Cole Palmer is a genius and plays with such a brilliant swagger. He also covers the pitch with ease. He is a star and he knows it. But, his extremes gives me chills.

I first noticed it in an U20 game against Spain. When Cole Palmer scored, his celebration was an open mock against the Spaniards. This cause a commotion on the field that took sometime to settle. In some City games too, I noticed it.

To yesterday, I feel he should have given Madueke the ball to play. He got three goals. Then, pushing Jackson was just too far. These are his teammates, he can't do it alone and needs to bring them to sync with him.

I hope he cuts down on his cockiness. He should know his teammates and opponents matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16
typicalgamer:

Me and my bro was just reminiscing about that incident just now Lol

Drogba still scored

That's why I don't want Oshimen to go a team filled with English players they're selfish and glory hunting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:08pm On Apr 16
zicky:
You have jump into conclusion just because of one incident. BTW madueke is also a good pk taker.

Bro I’m not jumping into conclusions
When last have you seen madueke take a pk ??

Please tell me that’s all i had to know

You can argue that the lad has scored 3 so no need for him to take the pk

But alas he’s fighting for golden boot what is madueke fighting for ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:10pm On Apr 16
zicky:
But Drogba drag pk with Lampard, it's something that will keep happening in football. Madueke felt since he has scored hattrick it's just fair he give it to someone else.
Bro is literally one goal behind highest goal scorer and you wanted him to drop the ball you must be fun at parties
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16
humility33:

That's why I don't want Oshimen to go a team filled with English players they're selfish and glory hunting

There’s always competition for spot kick everywhere except your name is

Messi
Ronaldo
Mbappe Etc then nobody will dare touch the ball when you’re on the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

The point is simple. Those legends you praise, will not be as exciting if they were to play in today's game as they were in the past. This is due to the increase of the game's intensity.

So what did I spin?
You will not force me into going in circles with you.

And your point holds no water because we have seen players cut from the same cloth of those legends in this times and they have thrived.

You can keep using poor logic on Thiago's comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 5:14pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

So what did I spin?
Do those legends not deserve their praises for what they have done,
legends like Maradona, Ronaldinho,Zidan,Kaka,Rinaldo,Seedolf,
do they not deserved to b praised for their artistry and ingenuity .

None of these your Xavi/Iniesta wannabe will be able to attain the level of those greats.

It's so baffling the way u elevate these ordinary players of today's game ahead of the all time greats of the very game.

The intensity u often based ur argument on,
none of these players will match the intensity to which the Brazilian Ronaldo played his game.
take out player like Mbape and very few others,the rest are ordinary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:23pm On Apr 16
Intensity that will make a fraud like Grealish and the host of fraudulent wingers not be able to beat their man angry

We went from watching Robben whip magic to that all in the name of intensity

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16
Nigeria's #1, Stanley Nwabali makes Best rated XI for the SA Nedbank FA Cup Quarterfinals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:10pm On Apr 16
Napoleon55:

Do those legends not deserve their praises for what they have done,
legends like Maradona, Ronaldinho,Zidan,Kaka,Rinaldo,Seedolf,
do they not deserved to b praised for their artistry and ingenuity .

None of these your Xavi/Iniesta wannabe will be able to attain the level of those greats.

It's so baffling the way u elevate these ordinary players of today's game ahead of the all time greats of the very game.

The intensity u often based ur argument on,
none of these players will match the intensity to which the Brazilian Ronaldo played his game.
take out player like Mbape and very few others,the rest are ordinary.

😂

Brazilian Ronaldo had weight issues. He was virtually running unfit men to the ground.

I give them their respect but in today's game, they won't be so exceptional because of the intensity.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16
Odunayaw:
Intensity that will make a fraud like Grealish and the host of fraudulent wingers not be able to beat their man angry

We went from watching Robben whip magic to that all in the name of intensity

Intensity plus tactical defending is high now. That is why beating markers is difficult but actually, Grealish pulls off dribbles, that is why he is fouled a lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:49pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

Intensity plus tactical defending is high now. That is why beating markers is difficult but actually, Grealish pulls off dribbles, that is why he is fouled a lot.
Keep whyning yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:53pm On Apr 16
BREAKING ….EXPECT MY ANNOUNCEMENT ANYTIME SOON AS THE SUPER EAGLES 🦅 COACH …stay tuned

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16082) (16083) (16084) (16085) (16086) (16087) (16088) ... (16133) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, maidaboi(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.