Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11625806 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16084) (16085) (16086) (16087) (16088) (16089) (16090) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:29pm On Apr 16
A gold at the national level.

If you are going to import a coach he has to be CLEARLY better.

humility33:

What has Amunike achieved as No 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16
TheGoodJoe:

I did not say they were unfit. I said the players today are far more fit than them. Canavaro we're running with their generation people at their generation intensity. Not today's own. It is a common fact that tactics, training and fitness today is far more than in the past.

Finito.
I'm not one of the online titans to drag things up and down,but u did say that Ronaldo9 were running unfit men down,that was why I mentioned Cannavaro and Maldini that played against him.
None of today's defenders is at the same level with Maldini and Cannavaro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:02am On Apr 17
Napoleon55:

I'm not one of the online titans to drag things up and down,but u did say that Ronaldo9 were running unfit men down,that was why I mentioned Cannavaro and Maldini that played against him.
None of today's defenders is at the same level with Maldini and Cannavaro

πŸ˜‚

Because they were above the level of unfit players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On Apr 17
komekn:

Players in those days smoked and got drunk regularly none of them would have survived in this era with that lifestyle today .

Are you minding those arguing what they don't understand me? Players drank and smoked crazily nights before games. Some held late night parties and turned out for big games the next morning. Something that is unthinkable today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:56am On Apr 17
Joebie:
Na only our players he fit pass am to? cheesy

My brother..
E reach to ask o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:11am On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

Are you minding those arguing what they don't understand me? Players drank and smoked crazily nights before games. Some held late night parties and turned out for big games the next morning. Something that is unthinkable today.

I think it's youthful exuberance and lack of knowledge.

Indomine generation.

I remember Nigerian footballers in the past were drinking odeku before game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 8:51am On Apr 17
komekn:

I think it's youthful exuberance and lack of knowledge.

Indomine generation.

I remember Nigerian footballers in the past were drinking odeku before game.
Your penchant for sensational topic is mind blowing

You like craving attention and surely you will get it.

I will like to know when you start watching Nigeria football for you to come to this conclusion of Nigeria footballers taking odeku before games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:03am On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

It's common knowledge that Hazard wouldn't train and come and yet dazzle the HQ of "intensity and speed"

grin You are only looking for a partner in this delusion and I wish you and komekn a happy married life

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:28am On Apr 17
Emmanuel Amuneke and Enyimba coach, Finidi George at the Enyimba International Stadium, Aba yesterday

Enyimba won 1-0 vs Heartland in an oriental Derby clash to stay second behind Rangers in the league table.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14am On Apr 17
Odunayaw:
It's common knowledge that Hazard wouldn't train and come and yet dazzle the HQ of "intensity and speed"

grin You are only looking for a partner in this delusion and I wish you and komekn a happy married life

Unless you are saying Hazard dazzled as good as the best players of the past. You are making my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17am On Apr 17
Odunayaw:

By the way, Hazard's discipline is still ahead of those in the past. It was just that the discipline of the current players were ahead of Hazard. Remember Rudi Garcia stopped Hazard from eating burgers. Understand?

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:23am On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
Emmanuel Amuneke and Enyimba coach, Finidi George at the Enyimba International Stadium, Aba yesterday

Enyimba won 1-0 vs Heartland in an oriental Derby clash to stay second behind Rangers in the league table.

Dis one he has been lurking around ,hope it’s not what I am thinking 😏😏😏?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:38am On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

Unless you are saying Hazard dazzled as good as the best players of the past. You are making my point.
What the heck are you on to? "You're making my point"??

Your freaking point that magic and fantasy is harder in this times?

The Thiago you latch on to for example, is he as good as the "best players of the past"? Yet you bandy him as speaking on the behalf of what they stood for

If an "indiscipline" Hazard isn't placed in the calibre of the greats but still strutted his stuff in this your imaginary "harder times" then what do you think the greats would do?

Your logic is weird honestly.

I don't expect you to read this and mingle it with reason and oxygen though. You'd only spill more blue fonts running in circles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:45am On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

By the way, Hazard's discipline is still ahead of those in the past. It was just that the discipline of the current players were ahead of Hazard. Remember Rudi Garcia stopped Hazard from eating burgers. Understand?

Finito.
You don't know what you are saying, you just raise dust and call it a sandstorm.

Burger? LOL grin So not eating a burger but lazying about in training is discipline

Which other point would you genuflect to now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:09am On Apr 17
It may or may not mean anything in the end. A foreign coach is likely unless....

elyte89:

Dis one he has been lurking around ,hope it’s not what I am thinking 😏😏😏?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:34am On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
Kylian Mbappe has officially catapulted himself into Real Madrid fans' hearts with tonight's showing vs Barca. All is forgiven for the summer drama of 2022. Lol
Dembele and Bracola where better than Mbappe yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38am On Apr 17
Odunayaw:
You don't know what you are saying, you just raise dust and call it a sandstorm.

Burger? LOL grin So not eating a burger but lazying about in training is discipline

Which other point would you genuflect to now

I am just informing that he was still far more disciplined than those in the past. Romario used to club nights before games and come to the field with a hangover. Hazard was far disciplined than that but, not as disciplined as many top players today.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40am On Apr 17
Odunayaw:

The Thiago you latch on to for example, is he as good as the "best players of the past"? Yet you bandy him as speaking on the behalf of what they stood for

If an "indiscipline" Hazard isn't placed in the calibre of the greats but still strutted his stuff in this your imaginary "harder times" then what do you think the greats would do?

I don't expect you to read this and mingle it with reason and oxygen though. You'd only spill more blue fonts running in circles

I don't know what you are running. Are you saying you will compare Hazard's magic to the likes of Cruyff, Maradona, and co.? No. That is due to the intensity of the game. Hazard more of ran with the ball than did flicks. However, with more discipline, he would have done better but not in the light of the players of the past.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:42am On Apr 17
maidaboi:

Better than or not, thing is they got the job done, and done so very well 😁😁😁

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:51am On Apr 17
Not gonna argue this but Real Madrid fans and the media have eyes only for Mbappe not those two because we both know what's coming this summer.

Mbappe's 2 goals yesterday was definitely the headliner.

maidaboi:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17
maidaboi:
Madrid fans won't care about these two performance or would they?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:14pm On Apr 17
Odunayaw:

You go explain tire. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:34pm On Apr 17
typicalgamer:

You know that his name is not Muhammad nwakali

So agenda must agend clearly he deserves another shot same with our boy in marseille too

For just 1 friendly window which holds 2 matches let’s not select our main team
?? What in the name of stinking victim mentality is this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17
maidaboi:
so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17
Tuttosport reports that Italian giants Juventus and Napoli interested in super eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:41pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

πŸ˜‚

Because they were above the level of unfit players.
You have called players of the past unfit again yet I can't see any of the new players who is going to last as long as and perform at top level like the Maldinis,Buffons,Giggs,Van Der Sars etc.
Messi,Ronaldo7 ,Modric,Kroos can be categorized as part of the older generation also

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
It may or may not mean anything in the end. A foreign coach is likely unless....

He should be made assistant to a foreign coach. Him or that Nigerian in the US

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

Are you and your new partner Komkn want us to believe that indiscipline,smoking,drinking and partying was a norm in the past,and players and managers were completely unaware of it's consequences due to their limited knowledge in the past?

And the new players are now disciplined n none will do all those unthinkables?

A 17yr old Endrick can be seen kissing his girlfriend in the public,what do u think a player like that will turn out to be in the future,who already believes in his heart he can do whatever he likes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:56pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

Pls tell me any new generation player who is discipline as Kaka and I want you to give us facts about older players who goes into parties and still played the following day…,.even till date,players parties and do a lots of stuff than you can imagined.

The only difference is that new generation players are more occupied than older ones due to hectic football calendar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:11pm On Apr 17
Kog45:
Pls tell me any new generation player who is discipline as Kaka and I want you to give us facts about older players who goes into parties and still played the following day…,.even till date,players parties and do a lots of stuff than you can imagined.

The only difference is that new generation players are more occupied than older ones due to hectic football calendar.

You are missing the point. It is not just the star player that is disciplined today, but almost all quality teams. So, Kaka was performing against undisciplined players. So, it was easy for him to stand out.

Today, the gap is reduced due to increase in acceleration and physicality. That is why we see less fantasy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:13pm On Apr 17
Napoleon55:

Are you and your new partner Komkn want us to believe that indiscipline,smoking,drinking and partying was a norm in the past,and players and managers were completely unaware of it's consequences due to their limited knowledge in the past?

And the new players are now disciplined n none will do all those unthinkables?

A 17yr old Endick can be seen kissing his girlfriend in the public,what do u think a player like that will turn out to be in the future,who already believes in his heart he can do whatever he likes.

Kissing a girlfriend can not equate to what we are talking about. We are talking about maintaining body fitness. Today's players are more disciplined with their bodies than in the past.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17
Napoleon55:

You have called players of the past unfit again yet I can't see any of the new players who is going to last as long as and perform at top level like the Maldinis,Buffons,Giggs,Van Der Sars etc.
Messi,Ronaldo7 ,Modric,Kroos can be categorized as part of the older generation also

LOL. Messi old generation. Messi is one hundred percent new generation because the modern game today took a big mould with him.

Finally, Maldini and co. could last that long because they were running against unfit men.

Read Thiago's quote again. Arguing against it is arguing against logic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16084) (16085) (16086) (16087) (16088) (16089) (16090) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mujtahida, semid4lyfe(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.