Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11634353 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16088) (16089) (16090) (16091) (16092) (16093) (16094) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:25am On Apr 18
do4luv14:
Why is this mancity lose causing ripples here, it's not likeit was the SE that listed, it's man city, ahbi is this thread a citizenz Thread

BTW, I hear the SE Job is between Emma and Bruijs
Like I said. Highly influential people are backing that Buiju Banton. He will likely be the next SE coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:29am On Apr 18
comodo:

Like I said. Highly influential people are backing that Buiju Banton. He will likely be the next SE coach.

make we dey watch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:10am On Apr 18
comodo:

Amunike is better than that guy abeg

Domenec Torrent stands out for me

Gave the Yankees the best season run in the league

For flamingos he won 15 and lost 6 out of 26 matches he managed. He was used as a scape goat because the club was going through an ordeal at that time

His stats for Gala don't seems too impressive

But we need a manager that bring that fluidity in our midfield

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:35am On Apr 18
TheSuperNerd:
They played like hardened Warriors. Man City have a long way to go to be on the level of the greatest team on the planet and in European football history. Show some respect.

They even acknowledged watch Arsenal vs City and it looked like they applied most of it. Only difference is this was tournament football. 16 corners feel like one team is superior. Nobody tries to praise the team that sucks up all that pressure without bending. Madrid deserve respect from ANY City fan out there. If not for tonight, but for knowing how to do nights like this. Simple!! He really needs to show respect and bin the philosophy talks as all that matters is who won, plus how they won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:38am On Apr 18
humility33:

Amunike is better than that guy abeg

Domenec Torrent stands out for me

Gave the Yankees the best season run in the league

For flamingos he won 15 and lost 6 out of 26 matches he managed. He was used as a scape goat because the club was going through an ordeal at that time

His stats for Gala don't seems too impressive

But we need a manager that being in that fluidity in our midfield
But las las Naija will not cease to amaze everyone. Na interest first before patriotism. How the guyman name just popped up from nowhere go tell u say d game strong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:57am On Apr 18
comodo:

But las las Naija will not cease to amaze everyone. Na interest first before patriotism. How the guyman name just popped up from nowhere go tell u say d game strong.

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:02am On Apr 18
comodo:

I tell you. The thing surprise me
I thought the French coach Blanc applied too
What happened to his application?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:03am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

That is a fact. Look at Giggs, Cafu and Seedorf. What made them so consistent for a long time. It was their fitness. They had a stricter regimen than a lot of players. That was some of the key reasons for the gap. Same goes for the likes of Edgar Davids and Pavel Nedved. Today, such gap is reduced. Even young players come with insane strictness and discipline.
Alaye shut up jare, you just Dey yarn nonsense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:09am On Apr 18
When it comes to R. Madrid even if they are down to five players and are facing a combination of Man City, PSG, and Bayern I will still not write them off.

Na beans to win UCL 14 times including one 3peat?

Odunayaw:
grin Long term long term but we know who has more CL and who has done 3 peats in recent memory

grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12am On Apr 18
Neobulletzz:

Alaye shut up jare, you just Dey yarn nonsense

Wow. Nice contribution.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13am On Apr 18
chuks404:
what does that tell you? They are smarter. It shows adaptability. It mustnt be possession all the time. Even the city attacking thing is becoming boring in my eyes. Every game has its dynamics.

πŸ˜‚

Not adaptation but Chicken style. They won with penalties and parked bus because they were up against a superior opponent.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:14am On Apr 18
chrisooblog:
When it comes to R. Madrid even if they are down to five players and are facing a combination of Man City, PSG, and Bayern I will still not write them off.

It is penalties O! Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17am On Apr 18
daveP:
They even acknowledged watch Arsenal vs City and it looked like they applied most of it. Only difference is this was tournament football. 16 corners feel like one team is superior. Nobody tries to praise the team that sucks up all that pressure without bending. Madrid deserve respect from ANY City fan out there. If not for tonight, but for knowing how to do nights like this. Simple!! He really needs to show respect and bin the philosophy talks as all that matters is who won, plus how they won.

It is penalties O! They were lucky. Haaland and De Bruyne had two good chances to kill them and missed. It is not sabi but luck. I can't respect park bus biko. Just like I did not support Peseiro's style. It is a case of one side accepting they are up against a better team. Respect ke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:27am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

It is penalties O! They were lucky. Haaland and De Bruyne had two good chances to kill them and missed. It is not sabi but luck. I can't respect park bus biko. Just like I did not support Peseiro's style. It is a case of one side accepting they are up against a better team. Respect ke.
cheesy Only you thinks City is a better team. Wetin de their body and their game wey Madrid wan admire?

E be like say una no know una mates for UCL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:29am On Apr 18
comodo:

Tiki taka was cancelled by Kati Kati.
You get it my brother. All those pass and pass tactic is not sustainable. Serious teams that want the cup, na rough Dem dey rough am.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:30am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

Were Arsenal lucky playing that approach at Etihad?

They didn't play that way in the 1st leg. And see the comeback. You should regard and respect Madrid and leave it at that. If they're in a league setup, you can fire away all you can. They did what was needed to go through as this is tournament KO. They chose a gameplan and executed it so well that your Haaland had only 12 touches of the ball in 190mins.

This is Madrid. I don't need to outline history lessons for you even when Barca were there and dominant with Messi and Pep and all that. Yet Madrid keeps standing out even with 3peat. Something City will never do!! Everyone including Spain, understand the place of luck and hardwork in 90mins.

Because they chose to DOESN'T mean they CAN'T if they wanted to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:32am On Apr 18
chrisooblog:

cheesy cheesy The guy wan use Man City de explain greatness.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:32am On Apr 18
Odunayaw:
cheesy Only you thinks City is a better team. Wetin de their body and their game wey Madrid wan admire?

Leave am. Nothing else other than Obsession with Tiki Taka to think that Madrid felt inferior to a 1UCL win. Just because of a game plan used for 120mins. An approach they didn't even use in 1st leg.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:37am On Apr 18
daveP:

Leave am. Nothing else other than Obsession with Tiki Taka to think that Madrid felt inferior to a 1UCL win. Just because of a game plan used for 120mins. An approach they didn't even use in 1st leg.
Joe na case. Is that not how he wanted to make it look like Zidane learnt from Pep

grin ePepdemic

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:40am On Apr 18
So superior that your best baller on the Night set one of the strangest records for best players of clubs that ever played in the UCL

kDB lost the ball a whooping 37times just yesternight. 37!! Very superior indeed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:42am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

πŸ˜‚

Not adaptation but Chicken style. They won with penalties and parked bus because they were up against a superior opponent.

Finito.
anyway Madrid is going to semi final and likely to win. They got the job done FINITO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:45am On Apr 18
As if you won't be shining teeth if City had won on penalties.

Plus you forget Madrid put themselves in a decent position of winning their fixture with you guys after their exhilarating attacking performance in the first leg.

Sey you know that Madrid has won the UCL 3 times since Pep joined City and you wan just dismiss them like that!?

TheGoodJoe:

It is penalties O! Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:01pm On Apr 18
Odunayaw:
Joe na case. Is that not how he wanted to make it look like Zidane learnt from Pep

grin ePepdemic
He just lacks respect SIMPLY because they don't play football like one of the 100s of teams to ever grace the Grand UCL stages. 1/100. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

He say luck. A team that has won only 1 UCL o. Same as Porto. If to say Madrid used Haram football both legs, he will have a slight angle to be taken seriously. But they didn't. All boils down to still being unable to do what needs be done when the bucks not in your power. I just watched Bellingham talk. Wow. Impressive analysis

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18
chrisooblog:
As if you won't be shining teeth if City had won on penalties.

Plus you forget Madrid put themselves in a decent position of winning their fixture with you guys after their exhilarating attacking performance in the first leg.

Sey you know that Madrid has won the UCL 3 times since Pep joined City and you wan just dismiss them like that!?

If we had won I would have been happy because we played amazingly well. Not park bus thrash. Secondly, I am talking about yesterday's game, not their trophy years.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18
chuks404:
anyway Madrid is going to semi final and likely to win. They got the job done FINITO πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Penalties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18
daveP:
Were Arsenal lucky playing that approach at Etihad?

They didn't play that way in the 1st leg. And see the comeback. You should regard and respect Madrid and leave it at that. If they're in a league setup, you can fire away all you can. They did what was needed to go through as this is tournament KO. They chose a gameplan and executed it so well that your Haaland had only 12 touches of the ball in 190mins.

This is Madrid. I don't need to outline history lessons for you even when Barca were there and dominant with Messi and Pep and all that. Yet Madrid keeps standing out even with 3peat. Something City will never do!! Everyone including Spain, understand the place of luck and hardwork in 90mins.

Because they chose to DOESN'T mean they CAN'T if they wanted to.

Modric is just covering shame. He knows they were atrocious. We are talking of yesterday's game. All the past is not yesterday's game. Real Madrid were atrocious yesterday.

They can't. That is why the chose to park bus.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18
Odunayaw:

Manchester City were the better team by far.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

Modric is just covering shame. He knows they were atrocious. We are talking of yesterday's game. All the past is not yesterday's game. Real Madrid were atrocious yesterday.

They can't. That is why the chose to park bus.

Finito.

With all the experience of Don Carlo, man decided to take a different approach to get the upper hand after you guys met and Madrid lost. He's experienced but he's still doing what it takes to scale through. There's no beauty of Man City in this last decade that will come close to the beauty of Madrid's for UCL nights. They know when to mellow and when to up the ante. You want him to play how he played you guys seasons ago abi. πŸ˜‚

Guess what? Nobody will EVER remember whether they were atrocious or not, especially if they lift this title again. Nobody cared if Barca dominated vs PSG either.

Ucl nights are for one thing majorly-knowing when to turn up and how to turn up. Simple. Or you think keeping defensive structure is beans?? It requires even more than the concentration of Tiki Taka and other possession based styles. Just accept it. It is what it is.

You mah sef... Madrid chose to respect you at your homeπŸ˜†πŸ˜† that's enough regard. But as far as you're concerned,you hate how they played. Chai!!! Joe ya so funny and entertaining.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

I am talking of pedigree. Sifia pains upon thy chest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:33pm On Apr 18
Odunayaw:
I am talking of pedigree. Sifia pains upon thy chest.

LOL. Pains ke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

Good. I agree.

Now, who won the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18
daveP:
So superior that your best baller on the Night set one of the strangest records for best players of clubs that ever played in the UCL

kDB lost the ball a whooping 37times just yesternight. 37!! Very superior indeed.

That’s the cost KDB has to pay for touching the ball more than the entire Real Madrid team

I welcome that stat anyday

(1) (2) (3) ... (16088) (16089) (16090) (16091) (16092) (16093) (16094) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme, Kog45(m), Elnino9(m), Amedino99(m), maidaboi(m) and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.