Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11629705 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16086) (16087) (16088) (16089) (16090) (16091) (16092) ... (16136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:06pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
UCL 23-24 tragedy for EPL.

Arsenal OUT! Man City OUT!

No English side makes the Semifinals for this season.

Best league in the world in the mud.

Saw commentary.
Haaland is missing too many chances. His finishing departed hi. When it mattered the most.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17
Abeg is this true 😭

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:19pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:

Actually, Real Madrid were awful today. The worst I have seen them. I don't think this is a game to say English football in the mud. I think gave a good outing for the English sides and showed how far they have come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:

I think this.deserve praise.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17
zicky:
Abeg is this true 😭

This is too harsh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17
zicky:
Abeg is this true 😭
Arteta no complete him Oso-ahia with Pep na why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

I think this.deserve praise.

Madrid's resoluteness in defence also deserves praise. The way they shut down Haaland over the two legs also deserve praise.

It was never ever going to be easy in England against the reigning Champions of Europe but Madrid showed heart and tactical adaptation to Man City's machines.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, Real Madrid were awful today. The worst I have seen them. I don't think this is a game to say English football in the mud. I think gave a good outing for the English sides and showed how far they have come.

I wont say Real Madrid were awful. They tactically adapted. This is a team with a blueprint. A team built with a long term plan as well so they simply adapted today tactically because it was absolutely necessary.

In the end, Man City really needs to sort out their PSO weakness.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:

I wont say Real Madrid were awful. They tactically adapted. This is a team with a blueprint. A team built with a long term plan as well so they simply adapted today tactically because it was absolutely necessary.

In the end, Man City really needs to sort out their PSO weakness.

Real Madrid did not adapt. They were outclassed in every part of the game. They were pinned to their post and literally had no answer. They were no different from Lutton. Just that we did not convert key chances.

We hardly work towards penalties because most times we won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:

Madrid's resoluteness in defence also deserves praise. The way they shut down Haaland over the two legs also deserve praise.

It was never ever going to be easy in England against the reigning Champions of Europe but Madrid showed heart and tactical adaptation to Man City's machines.

No tactical adaptation. They parked bus because they had no answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

man city was chasing the game right from the 12mins in etihad, so it was expected they will dominate in possession and goal attempt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46pm On Apr 17
There was tactical adaptation. This is why the second leg was low scoring compared to the first leg.

TheGoodJoe:

No tactical adaptation. They parked bus because they had know answer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47pm On Apr 17
Comparing Madrid to Luton is an insult. You just got knocked out by the most successful club in European history and you dare put them and Luton in same sentence. Continue the disrespect then.

And you hardly work towards penalties. Then blame yourselves.

TheGoodJoe:

Real Madrid did not adapt. They were outclassed in every part of the game. They were pinned to their post and literally had no answer. They were no different from Lutton. Just that we did not convert key chances.

We hardly work towards penalties because most times we won.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:48pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

This is too harsh.
they deserve the trolling 😂

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
Comparing Madrid to Luton is an insult. You just got knocked out by the most successful club in European history and you dare put them and Luton in same sentence. Continue the disrespect then.

And you hardly work towards penalties. Then blame yourselves.

They played worse than Lutton. For the so called 14 times European champions, that was an eye sore. Even Stoke of the past won't be this awful.

Playing like Chickens is not playing like champions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On Apr 17
zicky:
man city was chasing the game right from the 12mins in etihad, so it was expected they will dominate in possession and goal attempt.

Are you saying if we were ahead we would park the bus? Come on. That was atrocious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:55pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

No tactical adaptation. They parked bus because they had no answer.
packing the bus requires tactics too. This is not the first time man city has faced a bus yet they failed to score more than one. There are differences when Madrid packs the bus compared to Luton. It's the tactics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17
You are vexed and it is understandable.

Watching Madrid play out of the press across various stages of the game especially in extra time was beautiful to watch. Chickens don't know how to do that.

Madrid beat you. EOD.

TheGoodJoe:

They played worse than Lutton. For the so called 14 times European champions, that was an eye sore. Even Stoke of the past won't be this awful.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:57pm On Apr 17
😂

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17
TheGoodJoe:

you had nine shots on target, you cannot use the parked bus as a legitimate excuse anymore. You had more than enough chances to score more than one. Blame your players not Madrid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17
zicky:
Your signature rightly says;

"If I walk on water, my accusers would say it is because I can't swim..."

That guy is a terrible loser. A chronic one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59pm On Apr 17
TheSuperNerd:
You are vexed and it is understandable.

Watching Madrid play out of the press across various stages of the game especially in extra time was beautiful to watch. Chickens don't know how to do that.

Madrid beat you. EOD.

😂 😂

Vexed. I can't be vexed. I have said it before, I see football as a long term thing and results show over years.

What is most important to me is that we outclassed teams. With time the results will show. I am not vexed at all. I think long term and not short term.

Hold on, let me go and look for chicken feed for our new chickens on the pitch.
😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:01am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:
😂
grin Yet found the net the same number of times as the ones who left their engine running. Bad losers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01am On Apr 18
Odunayaw:
Your signature rightly says;

"If I walk on water, my accusers would say it is because I can't swim..."

That guy is a terrible loser. A chronic one

How can I be a terrible loser? I am pro football and find park bus disgusting. I want good football and believe with time it will bring lots of success. Mbok, Madrid parked bus.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Apr 18
Odunayaw:
grin Yet found the net the same number of times as the ones who left their engine running. Bad losers

Footballing legacy of Real Madrid. 1 corner in 120 mins. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06am On Apr 18
grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:06am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

How can I be a terrible loser? I am pro football and find park bus disgusting. I want good football and believe with time it will bring lots of success. Mbok, Madrid parked bus.
Cry more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:
😂

Pep's team deliberate tactical fouls to slow games down and kill opponents' attacking momentum is another variation of defending and stifling.

Madrid are good value for their win. Their Mentality was stronger.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:06am On Apr 18
TheGoodJoe:

Footballing legacy of Real Madrid. 1 corner in 120 mins. grin
So much pains mennn. This is fun to see

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10am On Apr 18
Madrid is not your ordinary short-term goals team. So this doesn't apply here one bit. Madrid are a team for the long term and it shows in their recruitment blueprints and the way they execute their plays in flexible manners. Madrid have undergone transformative build and adaptability in the last few years and recruited soundly with long term in mind. So they are also built for long term enduring success and not just instant success.

Madrid is a more adaptable team tactically than Man City who are fixed on one kind of attacking flow. This is what gave Madrid the edge over the two legs today.

They showed they could attack you in the first leg. In the second leg, they showed they could stifle their attacking machines. Madrid deserve huge credits.

GoodJoe, it is okay to be vexed. Your team lost.

TheGoodJoe:

😂 😂

Vexed. I can't be vexed. I have said it before, I see football as a long term thing and results show over years.

What is most important to me is that we outclassed teams. With time the results will show. I am not vexed at all. I think long term and not short term.

Hold on, let me go and look for chicken feed for our new chickens on the pitch.
😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:10am On Apr 18
No matter how good guardiola's teams are, winning the UCL twice in a row is something they have never done. They can't even make the final twice. Couldn't do it with prime Messi, couldn't even get to the final with Bayern, and now man city.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:14am On Apr 18
grin Long term long term but we know who has more CL and who has done 3 peats in recent memory

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16086) (16087) (16088) (16089) (16090) (16091) (16092) ... (16136) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, freesinzu(m), Stillwater10 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.