Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,722 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942650 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16211) (16212) (16213) (16214) (16215) (16216) (16217) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:49am On May 25
Haa! We don enter one chance! Ajayi, Awaziem, Tiami, Bassey as CB against SA? lol! No left back?

If Bassey get injured, please who will play the left side? This Finidi sick I swear!

Bruno completed 90 minutes this weekend but decided to invite one Sodiq based on these quack journos recommendation.

Okay oo!
Danielnino00:

Ognla media who is one of the most vocal Finidi supporter already confirmed the list..
Also, Remo Stars already confirmed Sadiq Ismail invitation on their official page..
We all know that the NFF social media pages are always slow to post stuffs like this

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:55am On May 25
Marjoribanks:
Haa! We don enter one chance! Ajayi, Awaziem, Tiami, Bassey as CB against SA? lol! No left back?

If Bassey get injured, please who will play the left side? This Finidi sick I swell!

Bruno completed 90 minutes this weekend but decided to invite one Sodiq based on these quack journos recommendation.

Okay oo!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:59am On May 25
Brighton & Hove defender Odel Offiah has expressed his willingness to commit his international future to Nigeria, despite being eligible to represent England

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 5:12am On May 25
charlesemeka85:
Na this Tamuno Abi Taminu go disgrace finidi 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Local coaches and nonsense

Seriously, as Nigeria's players abound everywhere is Ta-ni-mu d best player finidi can call up.

Is the SE a marketing platform for unknown players?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 5:23am On May 25
Marjoribanks:

If Bassey get injured, please who will play the left side? This Finidi sick I swear!

Okay oo!

From the list, i only counted 23 players, it should be 25. Maybe two players will still be added.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:34am On May 25
Awaziem flopped the last time South Africa defeated us in Uyo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:47am On May 25
I think Aribo deserves to be recalled. He has played a very active part in Southampton's crusade to get back to the EPL.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 6:34am On May 25
Nigerians are never satisfied with any list.
Some of the players are invited as training materials and won't kick a ball during the 2 matches
The shout for LFB as if 442/433 are the only formation in football shows we only want a predictable team.
Inclusion of indigenous players ought to be a welcomed development but we complain too much.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalakulu: 7:08am On May 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dX5pYkJ1sI?si=IivhDAcBJWPeDffU

This kid was part of the U20 world cup squad from 2022 under Ladan Bosso. He scored the winning goal to secure the league title for his club in Bulgaria.

Checked out his highlights and he looks exciting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:11am On May 25
TheSuperNerd:
Between Lookman and Diaz. because Diaz is now Moroccan and will win a UCL and La Liga title as a benchwarmer??

Biko, Lookman sits levels, in impact and performances, above Diaz this 23/24 season.

False statement, In the last 10 matches in Laliga, how times was he benched out of 10 that he didn't start?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:20am On May 25
Marjoribanks:

Okay oo!
It’s going to be played on African turf so I don’t mind
I just hope Sodiq is quick enough with regards to defending, the guy is not tall and he is not 20 years old
He is good offensively though
No matter the hardship he might have been through that dude doesn’t look 20 years old
Don’t know who the natural left back is though
Nothing wrong in giving home based boys opportunities. They play a lot more on African turf and weather conditions than European based
Uyo and Benin pitch ain’t same as that of what you’d have in BoaVista
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:29am On May 25
villagereporter:

Seriously, as Nigeria's players abound everywhere is Ta-ni-mu d best player finidi can call up.

Is the SE a marketing platform for unknown players?

You're asking a known question

The plan is to market this players including sadiq to obscure leagues abroad and thereafter continue with another round of invitations like the likes of Stephen eze etc

This local coaches are good in this, it is a survival stinct

If not for the likes of rohr we won't have had so many of this foreign born players like Ademola,Aina etc playing for us today

Pasiero barely didn t discover any foreign born player for us except for Bright Osayi

I am watching what Finidi will do in that regard

Today we are hailing Ademola Lookman as our own but thanks to Rohr that convinced this boy to play for us years ago and I really wish we can get more of them into our fold

From CHAN competition we equally get some home based players too that can blend with the foreign born to make a formidable team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:34am On May 25
forgiveness:

False statement, In the last 10 matches in Laliga, how times was he benched out of 10 that he didn't start?

Can you name top 4 performers for Madrid this season and let's see if Diaz make the cut

But I can name for you 4 top players for Atalanta this season and Lookman name will be there

We are talking of impacts and you are mentioning Diaz.
We are talking of a player that sets the record of scoring an hatrick in Europa league final and you're mentioning diaz.

Even CAF knows that Lookman is in top contention for APOTY. I just pray he replicate a similiar performance against Madrid/Dortmund in the super cup fjna

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:36am On May 25
AndSunGorilla:
I think Aribo deserves to be recalled. He has played a very active part in Southampton's crusade to get back to the EPL.
Abeg abeg

Aribo plays nonsense whenever he gets to play for Nigeria

I am not really fascinated by his play
Too slow, indecisive and not aggressive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:44am On May 25
humility33:

Can you name top 4 performers for Madrid this season and let's see if Diaz make the cut

But I can name for you 4 top players for Atalanta this season and Lookman name will be there

We are talking of impacts and you are mentioning Diaz.
We are talking of a player that sets the record of scoring an hatrick in Europa league final and you're mentioning diaz.

Even CAF knows that Lookman is in top contention for APOTY. I just pray he replicate a similiar performance against Madrid/Dortmund in the super cup fjna

We are talking about African players not European or South American players.

If Diaz should score hattrick in that final. O ti lo. grin

Agreed for now Lookman is on top. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:58am On May 25
Subzerooo:

Ake, Akanji, Van De Ven, Branthwaite lol
Thank you. Let's not even mention those at the midtable clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 8:21am On May 25
humility33:

You're asking a known question

The plan is to market this players including sadiq to obscure leagues abroad and thereafter continue with another round of invitations like the likes of Stephen eze etc

This local coaches are good in this, it is a survival stinct

If not for the likes of rohr we won't have had so many of this foreign born players like Ademola,Aina etc playing for us today

Pasiero barely didn t discover any foreign born player for us except for Bright Osayi

I am watching what Finidi will do in that regard

Today we are hailing Ademola Lookman as our own but thanks to Rohr that convinced this boy to play for us years ago and I really wish we can get more of them into our fold

From CHAN competition we equally get some home based players too that can blend with the foreign born to make a formidable team

It's a norm in the past to have some home base players

What's wrong if we have 2

Only 2. For that matter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:24am On May 25
Kog45:
Wayne Rooney should be 60 by now...oga make we leave this age matter.
How would you compare Wayne Rooney of England, a country with verifiable records of births and deaths going back to at least 500 years back. Let Rooney look as old as Soyinka, his age is confirmed by the system, not how he looks. The reason is simple: the system is trustworthy and has been so for ages and not just for football but for all purposes.

Come down here. What's the system? Where are the verifiable records?
I don't understand how we know, we all know the kind of country we live in oo but when it comes to this age issue, we pretend that we are angels.

If not for technology, didn't we know how it used to be? Some years in the past, we got it right. Some years we didn't. Although it's gotten better since 2010.

So please we can look at a person's face in Nigeria and we can tell his age. Might not be a foolproof method but if we see the face of 17 or 20 years Olds in Nigeria, we know abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:54am On May 25
Napoleon55:

When Lookman got into England u-17 team,
how old was he and which club was he playing for?

He was on a spurious organised trial to play for Nigeria U17 but got rejected.

Lookman never played for England U17.

He was actually 16 when he joined Charlton, he was born in October 1997.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56am On May 25
BannedLarge:
Can boniface, osimehn and Lookman play together simultaneously? What do you guys think of these trio play simultaneously

I don't think Boniface and VO can play wing better than our current forward inverted wingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:58am On May 25
andrewbaba44:

How many goal should onuachu have scored with just 404 minutes of premier league football with a struggling team who sacked the coach almost immediately he was purchased ?

You seize the moment you show your quality irrespective of the time given.

You perform you get more time you don't you get less time until. And if you don't perform they will get rid of you.

That's essentially the story of Onuachu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:01am On May 25
charlesemeka85:
Laliga clubs Getafe and Valencia interested in Super eagles and Real Sociedad striker Sadiq Umar

They want to buy impotency, 26 games in La Liga and 3 goals 🥅 🤔🤔
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:04am On May 25
AndSunGorilla:

Are Bashiru and Osayi retiring? I thought they were young o.

No matter where you go if you are a stand out player then there is hope.

Undoubtedly they are stand out player's in this essentially retirement league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:12am On May 25
TheGoodJoe:

I would like to see your top three but Ruben Dias and Manuel Akanji are in my top three. I won't put Tosin ahead of Van Dijk or Thiago Silva.

Thiago Silva yes he has lost relevance age has caught up with him.

In all honesty he is more like top 5
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:13am On May 25
robosky02:

It's a norm in the past to have some home base players

What's wrong if we have 2

Only 2. For that matter
Of the top of your head… name just one NPFL player in the past 8 years that has gone on to play for SE and established himself in a top 7 league in Europe. It’s a waste of space.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 9:18am On May 25
opes:

From the list, i only counted 23 players, it should be 25. Maybe two players will still be added.
👍🏾 Good observation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28am On May 25
komekn:

Thiago Silva yes he has lost relevance age has caught up with him.

In all honesty he is more like top 5

Honestly, I doubt Tosin is in top ten. He is definitely not a better defender than Konate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:38am On May 25
Mujtahida:

How would you compare Wayne Rooney of England, a country with verifiable records of births and deaths going back to at least 500 years back. Let Rooney look as old as Soyinka, his age is confirmed by the system, not how he looks. The reason is simple: the system is trustworthy and has been so for ages and not just for football but for all purposes.

Come down here. What's the system? Where are the verifiable records?
I don't understand how we know, we all know the kind of country we live in oo but when it comes to this age issue, we pretend that we are angels.

If not for technology, didn't we know how it used to be? Some years in the past, we got it right. Some years we didn't. Although it's gotten better since 2010.

So please we can look at a person's face in Nigeria and we can tell his age. Might not be a foolproof method but if we see the face of 17 or 20 years Olds in Nigeria, we know abeg.
The law my comment looked too serious to you abi na sarcasm o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:57am On May 25
Truidstarr:
Of the top of your head… name just one NPFL player in the past 8 years that has gone on to play for SE and established himself in a top 7 league in Europe. It’s a waste of space.

Ibrahim olawoyin in Turkish league. At least it is a top 15 league in europe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:16am On May 25
forgiveness:

We are talking about African players not European or South American players.

If Diaz should score hattrick in that final. O ti lo. grin

Agreed for now Lookman is on top. grin
You and I know that Diaz can't score any hatrick in a final so let's leave the matter.
Ademola Lookman is likely going to win the APOTY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:28am On May 25
grin chief no need to start pressing panic buttons.

The fate of the team lies in how offensive we can be which the SE list for the qualifiers largely addresses. I'm also not comfortable with our threadbare defense but even with our complete defense at the AFCON SA nearly got a shock result over us if not for a bit of good fortune.

As long as the midfield and attack will repeal and keep the bafana bafana bogged down I'm not too worried about the back line. Aina and Ekong's omissions stick out like a sore thumb my guess is that they are both not completely fit.

After all said and done this squad list is still good enough to get the job done against SA and Benin no excuses.

Wish the team all the best.

Marjoribanks:

Okay oo!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:35am On May 25
Truidstarr:
The norm is to reduce your age so as to make you more attractive to foreign clubs. Agents and players are in the game together. That is the primary aim of the players and agents. To sign for any club abroad. Whether Enyimba get ambition to win league or qualify for CAF competitions that is not their business. How will the league grow even when those who play in it have other ambitions?
I hear you. Ability is the problem not age. If anyone cut his age to 8yrs old and has no ability it is a waste of time. So NPFL's problem is not age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16211) (16212) (16213) (16214) (16215) (16216) (16217) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.