Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,733 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942910 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16212) (16213) (16214) (16215) (16216) (16217) (16218) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:42am On May 25
Oga you too like contrarian argument grin

Diaz has been a peripheral figure for Madrid this season plus he's just establishing himself in the Moroccan squad. Even an unlikely UCL final hattrick would not catapult him to contender status.

For club and country Lookman is head and shoulders ahead.

forgiveness:

We are talking about African players not European or South American players.

If Diaz should score hattrick in that final. O ti lo. grin

Agreed for now Lookman is on top. grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:20am On May 25
humility33:

You and I know that Diaz can't score any hatrick in a final so let's leave the matter.
Ademola Lookman is likely going to win the APOTY

I don hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21am On May 25
chrisooblog:
Oga you too like contrarian argument grin

Diaz has been a peripheral figure for Madrid this season plus he's just establishing himself in the Moroccan squad. Even an unlikely UCL final hattrick would catapult him to contender status.

For club and country Lookman is head and shoulders ahead.

I hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:47am On May 25
If Ndidi can still play well at the back,
is better he is paired with Ajayi,while Bassy and Samuel takes left and right back position.
Ndidi at the back is better than Awaziem and that Tanzanian guy.
Onyeka,Onyedika and Iwobi can handle midfield effectively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 11:49am On May 25
Napoleon55:
If Ndidi can still play well at the back,
is better he is paired with Ajayi,while Bassy and Samuel takes left and right back position.
Ndidi at the back is better than Awaziem and that Tanzanian guy.
Onyeka,Onyedika and Iwobi can handle midfield effectively.
Is Onyeka not injured?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:50am On May 25
Diaz ke?

Diaz don steal any limelight in UCL?

Aubamayang has stolen more limelight this season than Diaz can ever dream of, both in Ligue 1 and his Europa journey. Individual performance again, Auba>>>>Diaz

Diaz ko Disasi ni

This is solely Looku and it is more likely for Auba to finish on the podium than Diaz due to consistency. If Diaz outshines Vini, Rodrygoes, Modric, Jude, Lunin, Thibaut, Rudiger in the final, ONLY then he can contend Ademola. For now, Looku alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:36pm On May 25
soetanoreoluwa:
Who's your pick?
For me it's Lookman, good Afcon outing, very decent in the league and superb in Europa

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:56pm On May 25
Finidi's invitation of Awaziem seems like he prioritises ball possession.

Awaziem is one of our bests when it comes to making good passes of the ball.

Awaziem is very good when it comes to making clearances of the ball, insomuch that his ball clearances in many instances of it look like a long pass to a team mate because he is good with long passes.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:59pm On May 25
Okay ooo, my good bro! I prefer Ndah and Bruno to Tiami and Sodiq. That Sodiq guy is just hype nothing more!
chrisooblog:
grin chief no need to start pressing panic buttons.

The fate of the team lies in how offensive we can be which the SE list for the qualifiers largely addresses. I'm also not comfortable with our threadbare defense but even with our complete defense at the AFCON SA nearly got a shock result over us if not for a bit of good fortune.

As long as the midfield and attack will repeal and keep the bafana bafana bogged down I'm not too worried about the back line. Aina and Ekong's omissions stick out like a sore thumb my guess is that they are both not completely fit.

After all said and done this squad list is still good enough to get the job done against SA and Benin no excuses.

Wish the team all the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:03pm On May 25
Nff na f..l now! Other countries are inviting 25 players but you insist your coach should invite only 23. Those guys are curse to our football. Just add Ndah and Bruno to that list and we are set!
opes:

From the list, i only counted 23 players, it should be 25. Maybe two players will still be added.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:04pm On May 25
It will be beautiful watching Awaziem and Bassey build possession from the back, if they are given the nod to start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:04pm On May 25
Truidstarr:
Of the top of your head… name just one NPFL player in the past 8 years that has gone on to play for SE and established himself in a top 7 league in Europe. It’s a waste of space.
Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:08pm On May 25
Darell2002:
Is Onyeka not injured?
His name is on the list.
If he is injured,he wouldn't have been invited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 1:20pm On May 25
Meliforme:

Awaziem is very good when it comes to making clearances of the ball, insomuch that his ball clearances in many instances of it look like a long pass to a team mate because he is good with long passes.
Person way pass ball give opponent for last match

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:45pm On May 25
Meliforme:

He made wonderful passes to the opponent in his last game!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:13pm On May 25
daveP:
Diaz ke?

Aubamayang has stolen more limelight this season than Diaz can ever dream of, both in Ligue 1 and his Europa journey. Individual performance again, Auba>>>>Diaz

Diaz ko Disasi ni.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zellas: 2:51pm On May 25
Meliforme:
It will be beautiful watching Awaziem and Bassey build possession from the back, if they are given the nod to start.

Go and rewatch that match, over 80% of Awaziem's passings are backwards which led to one of the Malian goals.

The invited defenders is simply not balanced, but let's give Finidi a benefit of doubt and pray he doesn't make a costly mistake at this point.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:59pm On May 25
daveP:
Diaz ke?

Diaz ko Disasi ni

This is solely Looku and it is more likely for Auba to finish on the podium than Diaz due to consistency. If Diaz outshines Vini, Rodrygoes, Modric, Jude, Lunin, Thibaut, Rudiger in the final, ONLY then he can contend Ademola. For now, Looku alone.
you are right

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:07pm On May 25
Reading the whole Kayode Olarenwaju domestic situation so sad. Hope it's not true cos the wife seemed to be the bedrock of his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:17pm On May 25
Barca, Westham and Juventus interested in Ademola Lookman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:24pm On May 25
daveP:
Diaz ke?

Diaz ko Disasi ni

This is solely Looku and it is more likely for Auba to finish on the podium than Diaz due to consistency[b]. If Diaz outshines Vini, Rodrygoes, Modric, Jude, Lunin, Thibaut, Rudiger in the final, ONLY then he can contend Ademola. [/b]For now, Looku alone.

I made bolded clear as crystal. sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:24pm On May 25
Kalakulu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dX5pYkJ1sI?si=IivhDAcBJWPeDffU

This kid was part of the U20 world cup squad from 2022 under Ladan Bosso. He scored the winning goal to secure the league title for his club in Bulgaria.

Checked out his highlights and he looks exciting

my boy
Talented player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:24pm On May 25
Yes United! That is how you play them! 1v1. Atlanta style!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:26pm On May 25
Umeh, Nnamdi and Benjamin! Talent full body!
maidaboi:
my boy
Talented player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:31pm On May 25
Marjoribanks:
Umeh, Nnamdi and Benjamin! Talent full body!
Eletu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:32pm On May 25
Yes United!!!
Marjoribanks:
Yes United! That is how you play them! 1v1. Atlanta style!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:35pm On May 25
Did not include Eletu cos he was not discovered by him.

I hope injury will not kill Eletu's career!
Eletu and Akinsanmiro! Our future midfield maestro!
maidaboi:
Eletu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:45pm On May 25
forgiveness:

I made bolded clear as crystal. sad

Which is way harder than simply picking Auba to be on podium. Unless funny stuff happens.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:51pm On May 25
15 goals last season and this season is impressive for a supporting striker. Ademola has raised his game. And I'm happy his form is not limited to his club. He was really electrifying at the last Afcon.

But - and I don't do this often - how do we get Olise naww, my people. We need that guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:53pm On May 25
Good afternoon. I greet everybody o. Charlesemeka, I dey greet you too bros. Help me touch that brother...the one wey wear blue up and down..yea with blue hair...the tikitaka master....I dey greet am too.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:06pm On May 25
There's one player I fell in love with at the AFCON - Frank the Tank. I just so love the guy ehn. He was a monster in the midfield. Kudos to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:09pm On May 25
It's out of our hands now. He knows we rate him. If he insists on waiting for France there's nothing much we can do.

Mujtahida:
15 goals last season and this season is impressive for a supporting striker. Ademola has raised his game. And I'm happy his form is not limited to his club. He was really electrifying at the last Afcon.

But - and I don't do this often - how do we get Olise naww, my people. We need that guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16212) (16213) (16214) (16215) (16216) (16217) (16218) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shynaboy1 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.