Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,550 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11947475 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16221) (16222) (16223) (16224) (16225) (16226) (16227) ... (16361) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:31am On May 27
We don't really have a forward, built for the game of ball possession like Chidera Ejuke.

I hope he is in Finidi's plans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:44am On May 27
mostob:
TBH, I didn't watch him during his playing days. So I can't really say
He has imposing body that coaches love to see,very calm and skillful but from AM to DM limited his games.

I don't know why Sani Keita was picked ahead of Seyi Olofinjana for 2010 WC cuz Seyi was far better even as DM.We talked about this recently and said he regretted not making it and what made it painful was that he deserved a spot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samokoro96(m): 11:37am On May 27
Winning trophies for years is not a new thing to Manchester united, But the fact remains Man utd had a revenge of last season FA Cup final defeat against Manchester city.

Bruno Fernandes admitted the sacrifice the team and the manager Erik Ten Hag made to make sure the bring the cup to Old Trafford, and the tactics used to breakdown City backline.

It was indeed an outstanding performance from Manchester United, Pep did not see this coming because he felt it was going to be a walkover for his team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:53am On May 27
Kog45:
He has imposing body that coaches love to see,very calm and skillful but from AM to DM limited his games.

I don't know why Sani Keita was picked ahead of Seyi Olofinjana for 2010 WC cuz Seyi was far better even as DM.We talked about this recently and said he regretted not making it and what made it painful was that he deserved a spot.

D best match I was really impressed played by Olofin was against France πŸ‡«πŸ‡·,where we defeated dem 1-0 ,goal scored by akpala

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:23pm On May 27
Another game and another goal drought for osimhen

But he is a world class striker

It is now clear who the sentimental lots are

But for sure it's not komekn

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On May 27
Meliforme:
We don't really have a forward, built for the game of ball possession like Chidera Ejuke.

I hope so. Childera Ejuke's case is a frustrating one. The potential is there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:27pm On May 27
A tear drop almost left my eyes watching this video. Nigeria was robbed of a gem with the way Mikel Obi was handled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC9F3ABqFxI
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:29pm On May 27
darkelf:

Osimhen has already proven himself.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31pm On May 27
samokoro96:
Winning trophies for years is not a new thing to Manchester united, But the fact remains Man utd had a revenge of last season FA Cup final defeat against Manchester city.

Bruno Fernandes admitted the sacrifice the team and the manager Erik Ten Hag made to make sure the bring the cup to Old Trafford, and the tactics used to breakdown City backline.

It was indeed an outstanding performance from Manchester United, Pep did not see this coming because he felt it was going to be a walkover for his team.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Revenge. My ribs O!!! Please what position did you guys finish in the EPL this season? Revenge. πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:04pm On May 27
soetanoreoluwa:

I wonder why he is not coaching any team?

In England very simple racial bias and discrimination essentially RACISM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:12pm On May 27
teeshet:
where do you place olofinjana in DM ranking
Error
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 1:14pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

I hope so. Childera Ejuke's case is a frustrating one. The potential is there.

Finidi should please take a look at Ejuke, Ejuke is his kind of player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:18pm On May 27
Meliforme:

Finidi should please take a look at Ejuke, Ejuke is his kind of player.

It would be helpful if you said why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:21pm On May 27
komekn:

He played 35 games for Southampton scored four goals and one direct assist and had been pivotal in the offensive attacks and forward play for Southampton.

Maybe you should give your opinion to his manager and see if he will listen to you.

Compare the stat to that of Sadiq Umar considering the number of matches and minutes played, then maybe you should give your opinion to Valencia and Getafe. grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:28pm On May 27
ChrisKels:

Compare the stat to that of Sadiq Umar considering the number of matches and minutes played, then maybe you should give your opinion to Valencia and Getafe. grin grin

Na u go kill komekn for dis thread πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 1:35pm On May 27
darkelf:

The team as a whole has regressed badly, it's almost as if Spaletti overachieved last season. If you think it's Osimhen's fault, check Kvaraskhelia stats too or any other player in the team.

Also, Osimhen has been battling injuries, he didn't start yesterday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:04pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:
A tear drop almost left my eyes watching this video. Nigeria was robbed of a gem with the way Mikel Obi was handled.

No use crying over spilt milk na

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:51pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen has already proven himself.
must you reply? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:52pm On May 27
ChrisKels:

And he did it!!! With some wicked saves, Okoye ensures Udinese remains in the Serie A
I'm happy for Okoye. Bye bye to Uzoho

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:08pm On May 27
komekn:

It would be helpful if you're said why

He is very good in the game of passes, short passes, long passes, and what have you.

He is not that easy to disposses of the ball, in the many cases of it, he has to be fouled in order to rid him of the ball.

He is also good at making passes that results to goal scoring opportunities. His four assists, does not tell the whole story.

His positioning is very good. He tracks back a lot to help in the various stages of build up play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:37pm On May 27
Meliforme:

Na wa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:39pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you. It was a grave injury Mourinho did to us. But you know Mikel didn't play tiki taka. He had the fluidity of Zidane

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:40pm On May 27
No be only me the complain ooo. May tiki taka perish oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:48pm On May 27
Another name for tiki taka is woke football. Gosshhhh!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:54pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

You should be hailing Siasia tactical genius instead of crying over spilled milk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On May 27
Mujtahida:

I agree with you. It was a grave injury Mourinho did to us. But you know Mikel didn't play tiki taka. He had the fluidity of Zidane

Actually, Mikel was built and made for the tiki Taka game. There was a season, I think under Ancelotti where Mikel made more passes in total than Paul Scholes and Xabi Alonso. He was built for the passing game. By the way, Siasia plays expansive passing game.

Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:22pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel was too smooth with footballing IQ wey too much for his age then

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On May 27
TheGoodJoe:

Actually, Mikel was built and made for the tiki Taka game. There was a season, I think under Ancelotti where Mikel made more passes in total than Paul Scholes and Xabi Alonso. He was built for the passing game. By the way, Siasia plays expansive passing game.

Finito.
u re right on this one. His a one touch player who knows the right time to release the ball, dribble and hold up play in the middle

He was very similar to busquet and carrick. The only downside of his playing style of lack of pace and shooting ability

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:45pm On May 27
Seyi and Sani na same same! He cost us 2004 AFCON with his brawn before brain approach against Tunisia! No need for that tackle at all!
Kog45:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:55pm On May 27
At least we still enjoy Mikel small and he led us to an AFCON trophy!

Na Obasi and Akpam pain me pass! I am happy we have an Akpam reincarnate in Benjamin Franklin!
Mujtahida:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:58pm On May 27
Marjoribanks:
At least we still enjoy Mikel small and he led us to an AFCON trophy!

Na Obasi and Akpam pain me pass! I am happy we have an Akpam reincarnate in Benjamin Franklin!

Na injury spoil Akpam career …a very good player…rugged defender ,but after each game,baba must collect card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:01pm On May 27
Hatayspor coach confirms Fisayo Dele-Bahiru is unlikely to stay at the club next season. πŸ”š

β€œFisayo [Dele-Bashiru] is a special player. There are many offers for him, including that of Lazio Rome.” ✨

( @radyospor )

(1) (2) (3) ... (16221) (16222) (16223) (16224) (16225) (16226) (16227) ... (16361) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: femianski, delana(m), typicalgamer(m), Meliforme, minfelix(m), Ppogbae, charlesemeka85(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.