Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,920 members, 7,863,229 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11945323 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16218) (16219) (16220) (16221) (16222) (16223) (16224) ... (16356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:16pm On May 26
komekn:

Dude 😎 I don't know many professional football players you know in Europe. But it's not the way things ar done.

The nation will select you not 🚫 you to the nation.

Our NFF like all institutions in Nigeria is intrinsically and overwhelmingly corrupt. You are making assumptions you really don't know anything about.

It's not everything that happens that football players and or their associates will talk about in the public domain.

What do you think as a Nigerian is the core focus of officials in the NFF. Do you think it's national interest ❓Be honest with yourself please 🥺

What are all our institutions concerned about it's all about pecuniary💷💶💵💸🪙🤑.

Having that in mind you can make assumptions knowing how we are. I've know 2/3 National team coaches and I know when they visit players in England they expect loyalty appreciation but not just with words.

You can make clear examples about NFF coaches and officials demanding with full chest development fees. From clubs.

Do you think 💭 it's normal in the Naija context for appreciation loyalty to be given and expected by NFF officials. If you are selected into the national team.

As you know playing for the national team is a big boost and pathway to getting to Europe 🌍. For players in Nigeria,I have heard of players signing off their bonuses to official.

However, for Nigerian origin players already making waves in Europe it adds little or no value to them. They will not expect to pay for the privilege to play for Nigeria with pecuniary appreciation.

Now you can make your own assumptions as a Nigerian.

Guy😎, all these u put out here na long story.
Whose fault is it that Olise and Tosin is not playing for us? ours or them? be honest with yourself and answer me.

If ur claim is because they refuse to sign a royalty money agreement with NFF,
does that mean that the likes of Aina,Lookman,Bassy,Aribo etc. actually accepted such corrupted proposal before they switched for us?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:17pm On May 26
Odunayaw:
Cunning abi he is silly

And he fit don born o

A very silly joke of a boy. The truth is that the boy lies a lot and easily forgets his lies. I wonder if he thinks that everyone in here has same brain as CharlesEmeka. Dude wanted to use the information we gave him in here to formulate lies and sell back to us. He forgot it was here he got the info. This guy has no information about team Nigeria UK, neither does he know the organiser as he is claiming today. It was us who told him about it way back in 2018. In fact, the first day we told him about Doherty, his response was "Who is Doherty" Mujtahida and everyone was shocked for someone claiming to be in the know of Nigerian football in the UK, not to know Doherty the main boss running the affairs.

To even make things worse, he said Ademola participated in the screening. The screening was held in 2015 for young players aged 14-16 mostly unattached or playing for colleges and some regional academies. The golden eaglets led by KC Nwakali walloped them 9-0 that time. That year, Ademola was already an 18year old professional player with Charlton, so how did Doherty invite Ademola 18 for a rather spurious chaotic screening that was organized to select players for our U17 team? grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:28pm On May 26
ChrisKels:

A very silly joke of a boy. The truth is that the guy lies a lot and easily forgets his lies. I wonder if the thinks that everyone in here have same brain as CharlesEmeka. Dude wanted to use the information we gave him in here to formulate lies and sell to us. He forgot it was here he got the info. This guy has no information about team Nigeria UK, neither does he know the organiser as he is claiming today. It was us who told him about it way back in 2018. In fact, the first day we told him about Doherty, his response was "Who is Doherty" Mujtahida and everyone was shocked for someone claiming to be in the know of Nigerian football in the UK, not to know Doherty the main boss running the affairs.

To even make things worse, he said Ademola participated in the screening. The screening was help in 2015 for young players aged 14-16 mostly unattached or playing for colleges and some regional academies. The golden eaglets led by KC Nwakali walloped them 9-0 that time. That year, Ademola was already an 18year old professional player with Charlton, so how did Doherty invite Ademola 18 for a rather spurious chaotic screening that was organized to select players for our U17 team? grin grin

your boy Komekn na real joker.

But u don dey find Charles problem again today,wey go result in telling u the date of his wedding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 3:42pm On May 26
TheGoodJoe:

I don't know what you are fretting. We were the better side. We lost because we didn't take our chances. De Bruyne even created a good goal scoring opportunity. He was not as bad as you are trying to make it. We had a good season. De Bruyne created the most assists in the EPL again, even though he missed almost half the season to injury. He did well. You don't judge a player with one game. Even though it is a final.

Finito.

No one remembers the better side. No one remembers who came second or who the runner up was! Only the winner is remembered.. I am not talking about the EPL. Read my post again before commenting. I am gonna you again, “mention one final Zizou had a stinker”

Finals are one game yes, but they make so much difference. Zidane is rated so highly because of great performances in these finals..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:44pm On May 26
Napoleon55:

Guy😎, all these u put out here na long story.
Whose fault is it that Olise and Tosin is not playing for us? ours or them? be honest with yourself and answer me.

If ur claim is because they refuse to sign a royalty money agreement with NFF,
does that mean that the likes of Aina,Lookman,Bassy,Aribo etc. actually accepted such corrupted proposal before they switched for us?

The boy na werey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:04pm On May 26
Joezinho:

No one remembers the better side. No one remembers who came second or who the runner up was! Only the winner is remembered.. I am not talking about the EPL. Read my post again before commenting. I am gonna you again, “mention one final Zizou had a stinker”

Finals are one game yes, but they make so much difference. Zidane is rated so highly because of great performances in these finals..

I have told you people I see football differently. That is why I could say Mourinho was winding down at the same time many were praising him.

That is why when people were not expecting Guardiola to succees, I was telling them he will excel.

That is why Xabi Alonso could lose a game and I was telling people that he is a top coach in the making.

That final talk is just hogwash. Without a good run, you can't make the finals.

When it comes to performance, Kevin De Bruyne does not need a good final to prove his mettle. He was extraordinary this season. A final match can not determine his worth.

Finally, kill that mindset of Zidane vs Kevin De Bruyne. The point is that, when it comes to offensive contributions, Kevin De Bruyne is better than Zidane. It is not who shined in finals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:07pm On May 26
mostob:
You won all these with frauds. Don't sweep the main point aside. Your club na fraud!

😂

Fraud ke. All the thrashing is frauds?

I think all those charges stuff were put there to massage egos of big clubs. Rules that were crafted after the takeover to try and protect big clubs. 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:10pm On May 26
komekn:

It's a question ❓ of perspective. You can learn from a 2 minute conversation.

But in reality your learning and development takes place in your academy,club and league not in a two week camp 😭.

Sorry 😔 I don't agree with you at all.

Try and read what you are quoting. What robosky02 is talking about is from U13 to U17, four years project. My point is simple that with a LONG TERM screening and selection process. Not in years.

Keep in mind our U17 teams have thrashed a lot of academy boys blue black.

It is a long term project with education in mind to identify talents.

We have many non academy guys still doing well.

So I don't get your point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 4:11pm On May 26
mostob:
Even with the best of the best, the outcome wouldn't have been different.

The whole tourney is too shambolic. Like these boys played on Thursday and still played on Saturday ... In a 7 team tourney? Let's not even talk about the pitch.

We all know those NFF people are incompetent.

Well said

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:12pm On May 26
grin

Una dey make am seem Tanzania na poor football nation, hence Taminu invitation is unjustifiable. How many Clubs in Nigeria can replicate this trophy parade in Nigeria?!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 4:19pm On May 26
Oasis007:
grin

Una dey make am seem Tanzania na poor football nation, hence Taminu invitation is unjustifiable. How many Clubs in Nigeria can replicate this trophy parade in Nigeria?!

Not even one as it stand

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:20pm On May 26
TheGoodJoe:

Fraud ke. All the thrashing is frauds?

I think all those charges stuff were put there to massage egos of big clubs. Rules that were crafted after the takeover to try and protect big clubs.
Deep down, you know the truth. I'm sure you have gone through the details of the 115 charges already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:33pm On May 26
Tessyy1701:

Not even one as it stand
Kano Pillars is a joke to thee? Heck even Rangers pulled such when they won their last trophy. Which one be not even one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:34pm On May 26
ChrisKels:

A very silly joke of a boy. The truth is that the boy lies a lot and easily forgets his lies. I wonder if he thinks that everyone in here has same brain as CharlesEmeka. Dude wanted to use the information we gave him in here to formulate lies and sell back to us. He forgot it was here he got the info. This guy has no information about team Nigeria UK, neither does he know the organiser as he is claiming today. It was us who told him about it way back in 2018. In fact, the first day we told him about Doherty, his response was "Who is Doherty" Mujtahida and everyone was shocked for someone claiming to be in the know of Nigerian football in the UK, not to know Doherty the main boss running the affairs.

To even make things worse, he said Ademola participated in the screening. The screening was held in 2015 for young players aged 14-16 mostly unattached or playing for colleges and some regional academies. The golden eaglets led by KC Nwakali walloped them 9-0 that time. That year, Ademola was already an 18year old professional player with Charlton, so how did Doherty invite Ademola 18 for a rather spurious chaotic screening that was organized to select players for our U17 team? grin grin

The slimebag will lay low after he is caught pants down then come back behaving like we have amnesia grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 4:36pm On May 26
Oasis007:
grin

So we should keep inviting Taminu because of trophy parade from a club he doesn't even play for?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:47pm On May 26
ChrisKels:

guy anytime wey u and komenk Dey argue pls get my name out of your mouf

It’s becoming a norm to u and I won’t tolerate it anymore

I use God beg u cus I hv had enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:57pm On May 26
chrisooblog:
Ok but I think Olofinjana needs a more significant role than a vague ambassador position. Emenalo has shown himself to be a reasonably competent football administrator from his time with Chelsea, Monaco and now Saudi Arabia. He discovered some decent talent no reason we can't tap from his expertise.

Seyi Olofinjana and Mike Emenalo are not jobless and it would take a serious NFF to engage them and as you said we need their expertises.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:05pm On May 26
Joe Aribo and the saints back to the epl

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:12pm On May 26
mostob:
Deep down, you know the truth. I'm sure you have gone through the details of the 115 charges already.

Deep down, you know you don't know Jack about what they are saying. You are just following to shout charges. 😆 😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:17pm On May 26
9.94 is the 2nd fastest time this year! Who are those running 9.8s for fun? Coleman and Omanyala ran 9.95 and 9.98s yesterday respectively. Definitely not them. And Lyles has not run under 9.8s this year!
Ashe has ran under 10s five times consecutively this year! The first Nigerian to do that in history!

To me Ashe is our only viable individual medal hopeful at the Olympics!
And ofcourse, we would have a say in the 4 by 100m and 400m men and women!
chrisooblog:
Thing is the men tend to fizzle out when it matters most.

9.94 is nice but when you have Americans, Jamaicans and that Kenyan dude running 9.8 times for fun you know we haven't really started yet.

Yeah Ogazi really excites me don't think he's 20 yet.

However looking realistically at our track and field chances at the Paris Olympics can't see beyond Tobi and maybe Ese (hasn't jumped enough above the 7 metre mark consistently to convince me)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:18pm On May 26
Joe Aribo news
Southampton is back in the premier league
Good for his career
Did Southampton sell Paul Onuachu ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:19pm On May 26
Aribo has not improve at all.
charlesemeka85:
Joe Aribo and the saints back to the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:19pm On May 26
Fisayo dele bashiru scores for Hatayaspor against Rizespor

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:19pm On May 26
Odunayaw:
Kano Pillars is a joke to thee? Heck even Rangers pulled such when they won their last trophy. Which one be not even one
is it not enugu rangers that used sand truck during their title celebrations?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:23pm On May 26
Dele Bashiru & Joe Aribo
Are they good enough
Aribo dropped form a year or two ago
I have never watched Dele Bashiru play

Ejuke & Emmanuel Dennis need to up their game next season else they could miss out on Afcon 2025 or fifa World Cup 2026

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 5:33pm On May 26
yinkeys:
Dele Bashiru & Joe Aribo
Are they good enough
Aribo dropped form a year or two ago
I have never watched Dele Bashiru play

Ejuke & Emmanuel Dennis need to up their game next season else they could miss out on Afcon 2025 or fifa World Cup 2026
Dele bashiru is the highest goalscorer of his club in the Turkish league this season

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:38pm On May 26
Marjoribanks:
Aribo has not improve at all.

You sure about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:44pm On May 26
Lookman scores again!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:46pm On May 26
Fisayo just put that debate with Olawoyin to bed!
charlesemeka85:
Fisayo dele bashiru scores for Hatayaspor against Rizespor

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:46pm On May 26
Slow, timid and... I don't just get!
do4luv14:

You sure about that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:49pm On May 26
Osimhen is really trying in this Napoli oo! Simeone leg no even touch ball!

Osimhen needs a team where he could relax like Haaland!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Darell2002(f): 5:53pm On May 26
Marjoribanks:
Osimhen is really trying in this Napoli oo! Simeone leg no even touch ball!

Osimhen needs a team where he could relax like Haaland!
And Napoli fans will be insulting him

See the Simeone they want the coach to play ahead of him grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16218) (16219) (16220) (16221) (16222) (16223) (16224) ... (16356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), Mujtahida, opes, victornoah(m), Nomyth and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.