Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11788120 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
tbaba1234:
18 year old German-Nigerian left back prospect Deji-Ousman Beyreuther has declared for Nigeria ahead of Germany.

He has made the bench of Eintracht Frankfurt once this season.

See free kick by Deji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vg7BtYe_ho

Under 20 coach take note
how I wish the guy was above 20 and play for a German budisliga side...I would have gladly alert rohr

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Let this not happen but it seems Martins is pressing. I have no concrete evidence but his name(apart from Enyeama) has popped up more than any other player for come back. He's had his time please. Nothing to hanker for there.
the dear of Martin's is actually the beginning of wisdom.. dude is inarguably the richest Nigeria player as of now...I can bet my balls that dude got connections like shocked shocked... even offshores (abroad)..the guy never goes down moving from one team to another when the ovation becomes louder..

I rate him as the most powerfull Nigeria player presently (moneywise and otherwise)..
Wait a minute, dude is also a baller cool..

I will be zero surprised if he makes the cut at the eleventh hour.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
Rohr On Alert: Bundesliga Teen Deji Of Eintracht Frankfurt Shuns Germany For Nigeria

Highly rated Eintracht Frankfurt 18 year old left full back Beyreuther Deji-Ousman has revealed his desire to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany, the land of his birth. Beyreuther has made the bench for Eintracht Frankfurt in some games in the Bundesliga this season, and the player who declared his intention to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany last year is still keen on a chance with the Super Eagles. He made his intention to play for one of the junior teams of Nigerian known to David Doherty two years ago when he was 17 year old and progressing through the ranks at FSV Frankurt before his move to Eintracht Frankfurt in January. This season he has moved he has moved from strength to strength and he is presently one of the most highly rated teen left back at the club, with his form earning him a rise to the first team from the U19 in just a week. DONT MISS ==> Leicester City Ahmed Musa Links With Hull City Explained Speaking on his rise to the first team, the left full back who says his style of play is similar to David Alaba of Bayern Munich also revealed he shares same Nigerian identity with the captain of the national team of Austria. ” I like the playing style of David Alaba, and we both have a Nigerian father”, he told Spieledb.eintracht.de, a comparison which sits as they both have same body size. Known for his pace and dead ball abilities, the defender who is yet to be capped by Germany at youth level said he is working on his right foot in his bid to become an all rounder.
Owngoalnigeria.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
krattoss:
the dear of Martin's is actually the beginning of wisdom.. dude is inarguably the richest Nigeria player as of now...I can bet my balls that dude got connections like shocked shocked... even offshores (abroad)..the guy never goes down moving from one team to another when the ovation becomes louder..

I rate him as the most powerfull Nigeria player presently (moneywise and otherwise)..

baller what?
please that guy making the cut gonna jeopardize rohr's effort...
the nff have began to make fool of themselves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
@bolded. oya #TeamAntiOyiboBorn, over to you

tbaba1234:

18 year old German-Nigerian left back prospect Deji-Ousman Beyreuther has declared for Nigeria ahead of Germany.

He has made the bench of Eintracht Frankfurt once this season.

See free kick by Deji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vg7BtYe_ho

Under 20 coach take note
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
I agree with you. That's why we're all praying that Aina would be comfortable playing LB because Echiejile would get us badly exposed in Russia.

Problem is, Ola Aina is a natural RB and I don't like people being made to play in makeshift positions, especially in a big tournaments like the world cup.

O pari

It's unfortunate that we don't have a tested and trusted replacement for Echijiejile at the moment. I wish Aina plays in Echiejile's position. But I think Aina did well when he came in for Echiejile against Zambia or what do you think?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
First, if not for injuries, Aguero would've been the top EPL scorer two seasons ago. Last season Lukaku should've won it, if not that some teams let Harry Kane run up the scores.

Secondly, most of his goals are usually tap ins .... reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, in his 30s grin

O pari

"If..." "should have..." All these are distant possibilities. Don't get me wrong, I rate Sergio Aguero's talent over Kane's. But at the end of the day, Aguero has not won the EPL golden boot, Kane has (twice in succession) injuries or not.

And on what basis do you say Lukaku should've won? Kane scored more than he did, and Kane does not shy away from the big teams either (he scores big and small teams alike).

BTW, saying most of his goals are tap ins tells me you know little about the man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
Now that's the most important question. Is he performing? What are his recent stat looking like? All these questions will need to be answered first before his recall will be considered. And if he deserves it, why not?

krattoss:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
First, if not for injuries, Aguero would've been the top EPL scorer two seasons ago. Last season Lukaku should've won it, if not that some teams let Harry Kane run up the scores.

Secondly, most of his goals are usually tap ins .... reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, in his 30s grin

O pari

ther is no excused failures. ....

Kane dominates them all..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
my point is on what ground do you invite Dessers and co? Are we calling for their invites just based on age, or performance first?
Performance has to be the first criteria. And IF their performance stats is not as good as the oldies, then why the bias? You cannot give what you don't have. Let's leave Osaze out of this. It's not like he has been scoring in Indonesia

Humility017:

to be honest wit you...
this oldies are not even the best...they can't compete with this young and hungry blood...
I will rather we invite that far away Brazilian guy than invite Martins and co....
we have Paul,dessers and even kayode...
and here some persons are mentioning Martins as if him and osaze can do match kayode in abilities....and moreover playing at the world cup will even profit a player like kayode career than those oldies which also benefit the SE in the long run...

many writing those articles are thinking wayside

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Truidstar:

On the contrary I am very confident we will beat this Argentinian side based on the way our team is set up to play. The current Super Eagles have a weakness, LONG BALLS!!. Tanzania, South Africa and Zambia (second leg) adopted long ball tactics and we struggled. In the case of South Africa we lost. Any team that passes the ball from the back to the midfield on the attack we do well against because we have one of the most devastating counter attacks in world football. Argentina will come out and play and will be beaten.

This one tire me o shocked shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Aina can play LB comfortably. You only call it makeshift when we are actually trying to patch him there. That's not the case o

Icon79:
I agree with you. That's why we're all praying that Aina would be comfortable playing LB because Echiejile would get us badly exposed in Russia.

Problem is, Ola Aina is a natural RB and I don't like people being made to play in makeshift positions, especially in a big tournaments like the world cup.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Enyeama will return as long as he is fit and he performs.. mark my words.

abeg, wetin bring Enyeama enter the gist?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
my point is on what ground do you invite Dessers and co? Are we calling for their invites just based on age, or performance first?
Performance has to be the first criteria. And IF their performance stats is not as good as the oldies, then why the bias? You cannot give what you don't have. Let's leave Osaze out of this. It's not like he has been scoring in Indonesia

how about Paul...?
mind you...rohr see nacho as a striker..so whoever gonna come after ighalo and nacho gonna be the 3rd chioce striker...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
lol na misquote. I think I was trying to quote Mujtahida

safarigirl:
abeg, wetin bring Enyeama enter the gist?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Aina can play LB comfortably. You only call it makeshift when we are actually trying to patch him there. That's not the case o

I think we can made do wit aina for now..
meanwhile this young German should be invited to train wit the SE after the world cup...at least to keep him away from Germany....

he should be groomed likely replace elderson in the long run....
what do you think? since ojokolo and his son refuse to have sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
That's why it's a battle. I've clamored for Paul Onuachu. People may talk about the league he plays bla bla bla. But you know a good player when you see one. ATM for #9, Kayode and Paul should be on the front row to be given a call up IMO.

Humility017:

how about Paul...?
mind you...rohr see nacho as a striker..so whoever gonna come after ighalo and nacho gonna be the 3rd chioce striker...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
That's why it's a battle. I've clamored for Paul Onuachu. People may talk about the league he plays bla bla bla. But you know a good player when you see one. ATM for #9, Kayode and Paul should be on the front row to be given a call up IMO.

Paul brings uniqueness into the team..with his height...and the way he manage his long legs...same reason I was clamouring for Abraham....it seems we missed out on the latter so let go wit Paul....

we need someone who can offer something different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
U20 coach Aigbogun should take note. Also, he can always be invited whenever we are camping in Europe to familiarize with the boys for future sake.

Humility017:

I think we can made do wit aina for now..
meanwhile this young German should be invited to train wit the SE after the world cup...at least to keep him away from Germany....

he should be groomed likely replace elderson in the long run....
what do you think? since ojokolo and his son refuse to have sense

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:

Snap the page and upload for a more better clarification.
a simple Google search should give you a better clarification. or do you live in a cave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
U20 coach Aigbogun should take note. Also, he can always be invited whenever we are camping in Europe to familiarize with the boys for future sake.

bro...please most of this our cadet coaches I really don't trust many...they're after their pockets players they will market...
I think rohr should act independently of those guys....

only God know how aigbogun got that job...only God knows
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
We've not missed out on Abraham. We never did. Seems you have not been following the latest updates here on that situation.
However should Onuachu come really good for us, we MAY not need Abraham eventually even after he switches. I think they are similar players.
some people want to fight me now lol

Humility017:

Paul brings uniqueness into the team..with his height...and the way he manage his long legs...same reason I was clamouring for Abraham....it seems we missed out on the latter so let go wit Paul....

we need someone who can offer something different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Two different things.. The Europe camping I was speaking in regards to SE.

Humility017:

bro...please most of this our cadet coaches I really don't trust many...they're after their pockets players they will market...
I think rohr should act independently of those guys....

only God know how aigbogun got that job...only God knows
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:

100% brother

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Two different things.. The Europe camping I was speaking in regards to SE.

so sorry I never noticed that Europe camping.....
that will be perfect....hopefully after the world cup.....
I do believe Leon balogun success with the super eagles...hopefully we go far in the next world cup....

will make many of these german-Nigerians to change their minds....
it will spark a revolution in Germany and also England many will come know...in respective of your skin color u stand a chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ratcockoduduwa: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
Kalapizim:
a simple Google search should give you a better clarification. or do you live in a cave.
You are trying to cause problems in this thread by insulting me. Did I commit any wrong doing by questioning the source of your non credible post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes we go need training materials na. Personally, i'd like these future recruits to just socialize with the big boys. That's part of engaging them early and making them feel more Nigerian. grin

Humility017:

so sorry I never noticed that Europe camping.....
that will be perfect....hopefully after the world cup.....
I do believe Leon balogun success with the super eagles...hopefully we go far in the next world cup....

will make many of these german-Nigerians to change their minds....
it will spark a revolution in Germany and also England

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
We've not missed out on Abraham. We never did. Seems you have not been following the latest updates here on that situation.
However should Onuachu come really good for us, we MAY not need Abraham eventually even after he switches. I think they are similar players.
some people want to fight me now lol

yeah...I think you're right...
reason why I will want us take Paul to the world cup...if he keeps scoring.

with him we won't miss Tammy much...
I will want the nff to leave Tammy alone...
he should be the one to contact pinnick himself..maybe via his father when he is ready....to play for us..
for now...we should let him be...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
krattoss:

him connection no carry am enter 2014 world cup grin

or was he injured then? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Actually I think there were quotes (that seemed credible) in that post he made. But let's keep the peace we beg.

ratcockoduduwa:

You are trying to cause problems in this thread by insulting me. Did I commit any wrong doing by questioning the source of your non credible post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Sometimes we go need training materials na. Personally, i'd like these future recruits to just socialize with the big boys. That's part of engaging them early and making them feel more Nigerian. grin

don't be surpised he will win the heart of rohr via camp....just joking though...

let's see how things go....but his dad should contact rohr...the lad being a German will make things easy for him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ratcockoduduwa: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Actually I think there were quotes (that seemed credible) in that post he made. But let's keep the peace we beg.

peace

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1912) (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), Amedino99(m), caprikon and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.