Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,048 members, 7,849,237 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1917) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11854968 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (16247) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ighalo only got a recall because he was performing and we needed someone in his frame for Cameroon.. I promise you if the conditions were against him, he won't have smelled SE. Brown Ideye, Oboabona will not smell SE before Russia.. Mark my words. Performance gets attention not past glories.

Mujtahida:

Ighalo is within the frame of the current Super Eagles even Brown Ideye, even Omeruo, even Oboabona but Martins' time is past. Leave him there. Even if he scores ten goals for us something inside me will fail even while I am rejoicing. Scolari stood staunchly against calls for an in form Romario against a Ronaldo who had not played football for close to two years. Brazil were handsomely rewarded for that. Leave Martins, he's now a relic of the past, his records have entered the museum of our national football history.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
It's discrimination when u base your opinion on age alone even when the player is apparently better in terms of recent stats. Or when you say the player did this or that 8 years ago, he will do it again. The player you are gunning for you have not even seen in SE colors. Now I did not say Martins is better oh.

Mujtahida:

Joebie my bros it's not discrimination to leave them out. It's discretion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
You seem to have forgotten Martins was in the team just before Siasia took over I think. .Wetin he do? He warm bench wella. Ighalo was benching him. All those fear-mongers spreading rumors around. If they (the oldies) are performing, they should be invited. When they show and if they are not good enough, they will still be benched or better yet never get invited again.

All those tagging and discrimination. No be turn by turn. The best should always be used.

The renewed call for their recall has something more of pressure being exerted from unknown quarters as in Naija factor. Kayode is there struggling to be given a chance, Aluko, Onyekuru too, so many good young players in their prime baying for a chance. These guys are our future. We go with them, we'd be doing our Qatar 22 a lot of good because the number of players who we would be able to tag as experienced will be many.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 8:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
So you'll take Harry Kane over Sergio Aguero, eh? Hmmm.

OK, let's hope that God answers my prayer and Harry Kane goes to Real Madrid .... then wind would blow and everyone would see fowl nyash. Then una go know say fowls, dem dey get nyash! I still remember saying that Gareth Bale wasn't world class and would get exposed in La Liga, but the British pundits keep promoting him until he went to Real. The rest, they say, is history!

O pari

Comparing Kane to Aguero is like comparing David Beckham to Luis Figo. Its not even fair to Kane. If the guys knows what's good for him he better remain in Premiership.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands-based Sophia Omidiji eyes Super Falcons’ call-up

punchng.com

Oct 26, 2017 1:51 PM

A Netherlands-based soccer player, Sophia Omidiji, says her dream is to play for Nigeria’s senior female team, the Super Falcons.

Omidiji said on Thursday in Abuja that she was optimistic that her abilities would earn her a place in the national team.

20-year-old Omijidi was born in Las Vegas, United States and was adopted as an infant by a Nigerian father, who hails from Ogun.

The player was earlier invited to the camp of Nigeria’s U-20 side Falconets ahead of a 2016 World Cup qualifier against the Democratic Republic of Congo.

She plays for Dutch’s topflight side S. B. V Excelsior in Rotterdam.

The forward had earlier played for KAA Gent in the Belgium Division I, where she scored 18 goals with 12 assists in 20 games.

According to her, it is always a privilege and honour to represent one’s fatherland.

“It has always been my dream to be able to contribute my quota and bring joy to our people in the form of lifting the World Cup with the Super Falcons. Then I will be fulfilled.

“I also think my abilities will give me a good chance in the team and playing for Excelsior is an opportunity to learn from great coaches in Eredivisie league, the highest league in the Netherlands,” she said.

The player said she was currently studying as well as playing football.

“In January, I will be obtaining an Associate degree. This is to show others that you can be a professional and get a degree.

“I believe in myself, trust my abilities and know that by God’s Grace I will accomplish my goals.

“I have a strong team behind me; my family and my managers Temple Management Company (TMC), so I just focus on developing myself,” she added.

TMC is a full-service creative talent and event management company incorporated in Nigeria and operating in the Entertainment, Sports, Media and Art sectors.

(NAN)

Source: Punch

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

to be honest wit you...
this oldies are not even the best...they can't compete with this young and hungry blood...
I will rather we invite that far away Brazilian guy than invite Martins and co....
we have Paul,dessers and even kayode...
and here some persons are mentioning Martins as if him and osaze can do match kayode in abilities....and moreover playing at the world cup will even profit a player like kayode career than those oldies which also benefit the SE in the long run...

many writing those articles are thinking wayside
Instead of Martins and co I'd rather go pick one Fred Friday I watched yesterday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Any credible source on that? As far as this thread is concerned, we've had our oldies debate before. I made calls for Emenike before Cameroon considering he had some good stats prior to then and his physicality. I also said as long as Osaze is topping the goalscorers log in Indonesia he MAY not be finished yet. Recently, I never talk kpen as regards Osaze and Emenike.

Those so called influential persons also have the right to voice their opinions, but I want to see credible sources and their quotes. But there is still no guarantee that they will have their way, if the stories are true.

Mujtahida:

The renewed call for their recall has something more of pressure being exerted from unknown quarters as in Naija factor. Kayode is there struggling to be given a chance, Aluko, Onyekuru too, so many good young players in their prime baying for a chance. These guys are our future. We go with them, we'd be doing our Qatar 22 a lot of good because the number of players who we would be able to tag as experienced will be many.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
ChrisKels:
Rohr On Alert: Bundesliga
Teen Deji Of Eintracht
Frankfurt Shuns Germany
For Nigeria

Highly rated Eintracht Frankfurt 18 year old left
full back Beyreuther Deji-Ousman has revealed
his desire to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany,
the land of his birth.
Beyreuther has made the bench for Eintracht
Frankfurt in some games in the Bundesliga this
season, and the player who declared his
intention to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany
last year is still keen on a chance with the
Super Eagles.
He made his intention to play for one of the
junior teams of Nigerian known to David Doherty
two years ago when he was 17 year old and
progressing through the ranks at FSV Frankurt
before his move to Eintracht Frankfurt in
January.
This season he has moved he has moved from
strength to strength and he is presently one of
the most highly rated teen left back at the club,
with his form earning him a rise to the first
team from the U19 in just a week.
DONT MISS ==> Leicester City Ahmed
Musa Links With Hull City Explained
Speaking on his rise to the first team, the left
full back who says his style of play is similar to
David Alaba of Bayern Munich also revealed he
shares same Nigerian identity with the captain
of the national team of Austria.
” I like the playing style of David Alaba, and we
both have a Nigerian father”, he told
Spieledb.eintracht.de, a comparison which sits
as they both have same body size.
Known for his pace and dead ball abilities, the
defender who is yet to be capped by Germany
at youth level said he is working on his right
foot in his bid to become an all rounder.

Owngoalnigeria.com
NFF get to work. We no want another Alaba situation. People were defending missing out on Alaba for a clearly overaged Edile.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
Big Joe, let me put it this way: I will guarantee you that both Obafemi Martins and Emmanuel Emenike would make the World Cup training camp if you can deposit $20K in my account today ($10k per player).

And I ain't kidding you either!

O pari

That's good news I really want to see our tried, tested and proven strikers who are still playing at a good level, given a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Instead of Martins and co I'd rather go pick one Fred Friday I watched yesterday.
Fred Friday is very inconsistent. Is he still in Holland??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
Fred Friday? hahaha.. Did he ever score since joining AZ Alkmaar? Maybe one goal?

Mujtahida:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
krattoss:
the dear of Martin's is actually the beginning of wisdom.. dude is inarguably the richest Nigeria player as of now...I can bet my balls that dude got connections like shocked shocked... even offshores (abroad)..the guy never goes down moving from one team to another when the ovation becomes louder..

I rate him as the most powerfull Nigeria player presently (moneywise and otherwise)..
Wait a minute, dude is also a baller cool..

I will be zero surprised if he makes the cut at the eleventh hour.. grin
You see what you have said here is quite revealing. So when finally he punches buttons with his financial muscle and gets into the team it would not create rancour and resentment?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ehen. That's the kind of talk I like lol

komekn:

That's good news I really want to see our tried, tested and proven strikers who are still playing at a good level, given a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
Actually, I can give you 10 names. Please don't tell me that you'll rate Harry Kane above the likes of Sergio Aguero, Griezeman, Lewandowski, Gabriel Jesus, Edison Cavani, Diego Costa, Kylian Mbappe, etc.

Note, I specifically left out Messi, Cristiano, Neymar etc.

Listen, I give Mauricio Pochettinno a great deal of credit because the fact is: Harry Kane is playing way above his potential. Kane would be a failure if he leaves Spurs or if Poch leaves. Mark my word!

O pari

Kane is ahead of Griezmann, Mbappe and Gabriel Jesus in regards to world class striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

18 year old German-Nigerian left back prospect Deji-Ousman Beyreuther has declared for Nigeria ahead of Germany.

He has made the bench of Eintracht Frankfurt once this season.

See free kick by Deji:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vg7BtYe_ho

Under 20 coach take note
Forgiveness where are you Ooooo. Ehen, please put this foreign born inside your cart with them Thiago Ilori. *winks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2017
I support this family. Very beautiful football family. They even give support to the youngest, Amir.. Little boy turning heads already. I watch his clips on twitter a lot. They are passionate about Nigeria. USA is wasting their time as regards Lateef.

junnyjake:
Netherlands-based Sophia Omidiji eyes Super Falcons’ call-up

punchng.com

Oct 26, 2017 1:51 PM

A Netherlands-based soccer player, Sophia Omidiji, says her dream is to play for Nigeria’s senior female team, the Super Falcons.

Omidiji said on Thursday in Abuja that she was optimistic that her abilities would earn her a place in the national team.

20-year-old Omijidi was born in Las Vegas, United States and was adopted as an infant by a Nigerian father, who hails from Ogun.

The player was earlier invited to the camp of Nigeria’s U-20 side Falconets ahead of a 2016 World Cup qualifier against the Democratic Republic of Congo.

She plays for Dutch’s topflight side S. B. V Excelsior in Rotterdam.

The forward had earlier played for KAA Gent in the Belgium Division I, where she scored 18 goals with 12 assists in 20 games.

According to her, it is always a privilege and honour to represent one’s fatherland.

“It has always been my dream to be able to contribute my quota and bring joy to our people in the form of lifting the World Cup with the Super Falcons. Then I will be fulfilled.

“I also think my abilities will give me a good chance in the team and playing for Excelsior is an opportunity to learn from great coaches in Eredivisie league, the highest league in the Netherlands,” she said.

The player said she was currently studying as well as playing football.

“In January, I will be obtaining an Associate degree. This is to show others that you can be a professional and get a degree.

“I believe in myself, trust my abilities and know that by God’s Grace I will accomplish my goals.

“I have a strong team behind me; my family and my managers Temple Management Company (TMC), so I just focus on developing myself,” she added.

TMC is a full-service creative talent and event management company incorporated in Nigeria and operating in the Entertainment, Sports, Media and Art sectors.

(NAN)

Source: Punch

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Harry Kane is the next big argument..hmmm.. Make I spread mat
(Brings cooler filled with chilled assorted drinks)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

You see what you have said here is quite revealing. So when finally he punches buttons with his financial muscle and gets into the team it would not create rancour and resentment?

I'm a big fan of obagoal .. You remember he had issues with Lars lagerback during. sA 2010 WC? That made the coach dropped him to bench...

Though he might be influencial but his game is up in SE.. We re just rebuilding after 2 or 3years plus of disaster football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Icon79:
Actually, I can give you 10 names. Please don't tell me that you'll rate Harry Kane above the likes of Sergio Aguero, Griezeman, Lewandowski, Gabriel Jesus, Edison Cavani, Diego Costa, Kylian Mbappe, etc.

Note, I specifically left out Messi, Cristiano, Neymar etc.

Listen, I give Mauricio Pochettinno a great deal of credit because the fact is: Harry Kane is playing way above his potential. Kane would be a failure if he leaves Spurs or if Poch leaves. Mark my word!

O pari

The statistics are not made up for two seasons he has been numero 1, where goals are concerned. He may be selfish but he is clinical in front of goal.

You may not want to call him world class but tell me who is clearly better than him. Once you take out Ronaldo and Messi.

Give credit where credit is due the dude is a baller.

By the way that's what was said about Gareth Bale going to Real Madrid. Well the rest is history he is holding his own and competing with the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
hahahaha

Mujtahida:

Forgiveness where are you Ooooo. Ehen, please put this foreign born inside your cart with them Thiago Ilori. *winks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Give me back my mat Oga, I no argue again
Why you want make we waste these drinks we brought for standby na?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

I think we can made do wit aina for now..
meanwhile this young German should be invited to train wit the SE after the world cup...at least to keep him away from Germany....

he should be groomed likely replace elderson in the long run....
what do you think? since ojokolo and his son refuse to have sense
Hahahaha hahahaha. I really laughed @the bolded. Anger mixed with frustration abi. Leave them. We are moving either with them or without them. He who has ears let him hear what the spirit is saying to the churches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

to be honest wit you...
this oldies are not even the best...they can't compete with this young and hungry blood...
I will rather we invite that far away Brazilian guy than invite Martins and co....
we have Paul,dessers and even kayode...
and here some persons are mentioning Martins as if him and osaze can do match kayode in abilities....and moreover playing at the world cup will even profit a player like kayode career than those oldies which also benefit the SE in the long run...

many writing those articles are thinking wayside
If they now give a good account of themselves nko? we know the mention of world cup camp can make an oldie become young again. lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

Paul brings uniqueness into the team..with his height...and the way he manage his long legs...same reason I was clamouring for Abraham....it seems we missed out on the latter so let go wit Paul....

we need someone who can offer something different
I watched clips of Onuachu and Denis Bonaventure. Onuachu looks like he has that thing(you know na, that thing)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

I'm a big fan of obagoal .. You remember he had issues with Lars lagerback during. sA 2010 WC? That made the coach dropped him to bench...

Though he might be influencial but his game is up in SE.. We re just rebuilding after 2 or 3years plus of disaster football

Tell me three strikers who are clearly better than him.

Finally if we can invite a youth player who had barely played 46 minutes of senior football and recovering from injury. And his claim based on past glory of youthful football.

Then certainly Obagoal more than deserves a call up and an objective consideration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

so sorry I never noticed that Europe camping.....
that will be perfect....hopefully after the world cup.....
I do believe Leon balogun success with the super eagles...hopefully we go far in the next world cup....

will make many of these german-Nigerians to change their minds....
it will spark a revolution in Germany and also England many will come know...in respective of your skin color u stand a chance
Luring players from Germany won't be as difficult as it now is with England because of the kind of depth the Germans have now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
elyte89:
I don't knw y I hate to c names like martins,osaze, and co poping up,when we re looking toward to build a team DT would last us for 10years

Not dt deir inclusion into d team will lead to us lifting d mundial,

Sooner or later,we mite b cin names like Makinwa and co to b called up,I tayya abeg undecided
grin Or gbolahan salami. expect the worse to pop up once camping begins. nff?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
haha.. i hope say u bring aromatic schnapps?

daveP:
(Brings cooler filled with chilled assorted drinks)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
At least Salami dey score na.. lol That's not a bad call.. lol

daveP:
grin Or gbolahan salami. expect the worse to pop up once camping begins. nff?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
you mean luring players from Germany will be easier? grin
Mujtahida:

Luring players from Germany won't be as difficult as it now is with England because of the kind of depth the Germans have now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
haha.. y the youngie no become super young?

daveP:
If they now give a good account of themselves nko? we know the mention of world cup camp can make an oldie become young again. lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Joebie my bros it's not discrimination to leave them out. It's discretion.

The only consideration should be ability nothing else.

Almost all of the Nigerian players in the Turkish league would jump ship immediately and go to China for big money if they could.

The players getting the big bucks are proven and tested on the best leagues in the world.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) ... (16247) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, opes, Jefersoun, Amedino99(m), Cecco90, Christology(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.