Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,136 members, 7,863,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950267 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
I personally said we should not make further moves as regards Tammy as there was nothing more to do. Pinnick already set the ball rolling. Pinnick had met with his agent and dad. Now that's a top level meeting, not play play like Tammy was suggesting to the press, just cooling things down.

So it's not a matter of leaving Tammy alone. Is a matter of how quick the switch they are with the process.

whenever Tammy's switch takes effect he is free to come to the battle. And I'm sure Rohr will give him a chance. I think he and Onuachu are similar however, and if Onuachu comes good for us, Tammy may lose the battle. But first Onuachu needs to get his chance. Let me not jump the gun.

Humility017:

yeah...I think you're right...
reason why I will want us take Paul to the world cup...if he keeps scoring.

with him we won't miss Tammy much...
I will want the nff to leave Tammy alone...
he should be the one to contact pinnick himself..maybe via his father when he is ready....to play for us..
for now...we should let him be...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:

You are trying to cause problems in this thread by insulting me. Did I commit any wrong doing by questioning the source of your non credible post.
you asked for a source which I told you so why the need to go condescending with ' snap and upload for further clarification' .
I am done with this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
I personally said we should not make further moves as regards Tammy as there was nothing more to do. Pinnick already set the ball rolling. Pinnick had met with his agent and dad. Now that's a top level meeting, not play play like Tammy was suggesting to the press, just cooling things down.

So it's not a matter of leaving Tammy alone. Is a matter of how quick the switch they are with the process.

whenever Tammy's switch takes effect he is free to come to the battle. And I'm sure Rohr will give him a chance. I think he and Onuachu are similar however, and if Onuachu comes good for us, Tammy may lose the battle. But first Onuachu needs to get his chance. Let me not jump the gun.

nice one....
you're one of the peeps here...who always speak the truth out of sheer patriotism for the country's football ..
I really appreciate your input...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Sometimes we go need training materials na. Personally, i'd like these future recruits to just socialize with the big boys. That's part of engaging them early and making them feel more Nigerian. grin

I like to think the exploits of Leon Balogun was greatly responsible for this Deji's decision.

He can be invited to camp with the big boys, maybe meet Leon, they can all speak Deutsch together grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
lol
Firstly it was Sennenger who declared. We dey see like that sometimes. Dessers also did. Otigba as well. But i've noticed from history that we are always slow with players who declare their allegiance to Nigeria, without any effort from us. Hopefully it won't be in the case of Rohr. I think I read that Rohr will be given 2 year extension regardless of how we perform in Russia. I have to check that story again. I'm sure Rohr will be keeping watch on some players, for life after Russia.

Humility017:

don't be surpised he will win the heart of rohr via camp....just joking though...

let's see how things go....but his dad should contact rohr...the lad being a German will make things easy for him...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
You just dey read my mind. smiley

safarigirl:
I like to think the exploits of Leon Balogun was greatly responsible for this Deji's decision.

He can be invited to camp with the big boys, maybe meet Leon, they can all speak Deutsch together grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
my brother I appreciate yours too, to be sincere.. We are in it together.. no be so?

Humility017:

nice one....
you're one of the peeps here...who always speak the truth out of sheer patriotism for the country's football ..
I really appreciate your input...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
ratcockoduduwa:
Snap the page and upload for a more better clarification.
It's on owngoalnigeria.com

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
krattoss:
the dear of Martin's is actually the beginning of wisdom.. dude is inarguably the richest Nigeria player as of now...I can bet my balls that dude got connections like shocked shocked... even offshores (abroad)..the guy never goes down moving from one team to another when the ovation becomes louder..

I rate him as the most powerfull Nigeria player presently (moneywise and otherwise)..
Wait a minute, dude is also a baller cool..

I will be zero surprised if he makes the cut at the eleventh hour.. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
safarigirl:
that one was an argument to nullify the talk that Nwakaeme was old. Even if he's old, he's sha younger than Martins
Yeah, he mentioned Onuachu and Dennis and posted their videos which I watched. Of the two if I am pressed to pick I'd pick Onuachu. As for Nwakaeme, perhaps it is his looks oo, I don't know but my spirit doesn't quite take to him. But if he's given a chance and I see that something in him I'd surely embrace him. Any player who scores or plays well is handsome.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2017
krattoss:
the dear of Martin's is actually the beginning of wisdom.. dude is inarguably the richest Nigeria player as of now...I can bet my balls that dude got connections like shocked shocked... even offshores (abroad)..the guy never goes down moving from one team to another when the ovation becomes louder..

I rate him as the most powerfull Nigeria player presently (moneywise and otherwise)..
Wait a minute, dude is also a baller cool..

I will be zero surprised if he makes the cut at the eleventh hour.. grin
Pls do u mean d same Obafemi Martins(richest,connection, powerful)honestly u love Martins coz your encomiums on him is awesome but he is not d richest and not most powerful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
Humility017:

my brother to be honest wit you...
I see those jostling for osaze, Martins replacement as enemies of the SE...
it seems the latter has some godfathers in the nff...
I dont understand of what use will a world cup be to his fadinh career...?
what has he done this season that....ighalo and Paul and co has not done?
what experiance does he have....?
experience playing in dead weight leagues...
If those guys go to the World Cup it is finished for us. We will perform like 2002, 2010, 2014 for those were their World Cups and they stamped their below par performance on it even though they were young then. These guys are old, they won't lift us up. They will drag us down the senile path of their aging football. If not for Ikeme's leukaemia I don't think I'd even mention Enyeama. Martins and co will not do us any good. Not like we've not seen them before. What's in Martins and Osaze to hanker after that this new guys cannot give us? So we should take them so that those who should go to Russia now among the young ones and increase the number of experienced players for Qatar 2022 will be dropped and lose the opportunity. No way.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
The bolded is the only thing I can pick from this story.

I will have to do further research to verify the Nigerian allegiance claim.

ChrisKels:
Rohr On Alert: Bundesliga
Teen Deji Of Eintracht
Frankfurt Shuns Germany
For Nigeria

Highly rated Eintracht Frankfurt 18 year old left
full back Beyreuther Deji-Ousman has revealed
his desire to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany,
the land of his birth.
Beyreuther has made the bench for Eintracht
Frankfurt in some games in the Bundesliga this
season, and the player who declared his
intention to play for Nigeria ahead of Germany
last year is still keen on a chance with the
Super Eagles.
He made his intention to play for one of the
junior teams of Nigerian known to David Doherty
two years ago when he was 17 year old and
progressing through the ranks at FSV Frankurt
before his move to Eintracht Frankfurt in
January.
This season he has moved he has moved from
strength to strength and he is presently one of
the most highly rated teen left back at the club,
with his form earning him a rise to the first
team from the U19 in just a week.
DONT MISS ==> Leicester City Ahmed
Musa Links With Hull City Explained
Speaking on his rise to the first team, the left
full back who says his style of play is similar to
David Alaba of Bayern Munich also revealed he
shares same Nigerian identity with the captain
of the national team of Austria.
” I like the playing style of David Alaba, and we
both have a Nigerian father”, he told
Spieledb.eintracht.de
, a comparison which sits
as they both have same body size.
Known for his pace and dead ball abilities, the
defender who is yet to be capped by Germany
at youth level said he is working on his right
foot in his bid to become an all rounder.

Owngoalnigeria.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
Uzoho dropped didn't even make the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2017
Na u just dey fear. There is no guarantee they would even bench the young ones. And there is no guarantee that even if the young ones went to Russia they won't act like Martins and co did. Rohr should pick on merit.

And let's stop talking about Osaze. Among the oldies, who is still in form?

Mujtahida:

If those guys go to the World Cup it is finished for us. We will perform like 2002, 2010, 2014 for those were their World Cups and they stamped their below par performance on it even though they were young then. These guys are old, they won't lift us up. They will drag us down the senile path of their aging football. If not for Ikeme's leukaemia I don't think I'd even mention Enyeama. Martins and co will not do us any good. Not like we've not seen them before. What's in Martins and Osaze to hanker after that this new guys cannot give us? So we should take them so that those who should go to Russia now among the young ones and increase the number of experienced players for Qatar 2022 will be dropped and lose the opportunity. No way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Enemies of the Super Eagles. So you think you love and adore that green jersey more than the lot that clamour for their recall? No offence but this is a public forum with diverse individuals, you should be mindful of what you say.
Guy forget about the recall of Martins and co. It's going to be counter productive. I'd rather an Onyekuru be drafted in, even a Tammy or Dessers or Onuachu than Martins. We've seen them before. At least I know Martins is not Rashidi even if he might be painting Chinese league red with goals. Ighalo is doing that almost every week. We don't need Martins or Osaze. Let's move forward abeg and stop trying to color the future with paint from the past. We have newer beautiful colors I am hungry to see.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
Copa del Rey?

Maybe dem dey rest am for weekend. Else owngoal will have to post a u-turn story.

isan:
Uzoho dropped didn't even make the bench

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Sometimes we go need training materials na. Personally, i'd like these future recruits to just socialize with the big boys. That's part of engaging them early and making them feel more Nigerian. grin

Rorh, once hinted in an interview that there'd be one German U-20 player who'd be switching.

Could he be the one?? We were all Focused on Jordan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
If not for Ighalo's performance against Cameroon, we will be saying the same thing about him. Well, Ighalo has better stats than Martins in the Super League, although the former has clocked more time. IMO I think we have to see what the likes of Onuachu, Dessers, Kayode, and even Tammy can bring. If any of these come well, then there should not be much talk about the oldies. The guys we are clamoring for still have to prove themselves in SE colors.
So saying they will do better than the oldies is quite premature.

Mujtahida:

Guy forget about the recall of Martins and co. It's going to be counter productive. I'd rather an Onyekuru be drafted in, even a Tammy or Dessers or Onuachu than Martins. We've seen them before. At least I know Martins is not Rashidi even if he might be painting Chinese league red with goals. Ighalo is doing that almost every week. We don't need Martins or Osaze. Let's move forward abeg and stop trying to color the future with paint from the past. We have newer beautiful colors I am hungry to see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Na u just dey fear. There is no guarantee they would even bench the young ones. And there is no guarantee that even if the young ones went to Russia they won't act like Martins and co did. Rohr should pick on merit.

And let's stop talking about Osaze. Among the oldies, who is still in form?

I agree with merit but at the same time merit among the new crop. Seriously even if Martins(and before I am accused of hate, just know I like obagoal) is scoring 100 goals per season I'd really not want to see him in Russia. We clamoured for him and Keshi gave him an opportunity and his performance was ineffectual. There's nothing he is doing so special that Ighalo or Iheanacho cannot do. But that's even beside the point. He's done his time. Let him rest.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2017
My brother, that's a puzzle oh.. U20? not 20 year old or a little older?
I will figure out who that player is if that's what he really said.

junnyjake:

Rorh, once hinted in an interview that there'd be one German U-20 player who'd be switching.

Could he be the one?? We were all Focused on Jordan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
lol
Firstly it was Sennenger who declared. We dey see like that sometimes. Dessers also did. Otigba as well. But i've noticed from history that we are always slow with players who declare their allegiance to Nigeria, without any effort from us. Hopefully it won't be in the case of Rohr. I think I read that Rohr will be given 2 year extension regardless of how we perform in Russia. I have to check that story again. I'm sure Rohr will be keeping watch on some players, for life after Russia.

I don't know, maybe it's caz they don't think they are good enough for their country of birth.

Otigba I believe is in the Hungarian league.
senneger he's currently playing 3rd tier football in Germany. So I can understand if they say we have better players than both.

But for Dessers, I can't really say what's stopping them from calling him o.

And with the way things are going, we might have half of our lineup filled with foreign players. Wetin concern me?? They should sha be better than what we have already.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
I don't knw y I hate to c names like martins,osaze, and co poping up,when we re looking toward to build a team DT would last us for 10years

Not dt deir inclusion into d team will lead to us lifting d mundial,

Sooner or later,we mite b cin names like Makinwa and co to b called up,I tayya abeg undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
If not for Ighalo's performance against Cameroon, we will be saying the same thing about him. Well, Ighalo has better stats than Martins in the Super League, although the former has clocked more time. IMO I think we have to see what the likes of Onuachu, Dessers, Kayode, and even Tammy can bring. If any of these come well, then there should not be much talk about the oldies. The guys we are clamoring for still have to prove themselves in SE colors.
So saying they will do better than the oldies is quite premature.

It's not a matter of doing better than the new guys. I am sure if you bring Jay Jay he will still perform well. Yes! But their time is past. And it's not just for footballing reasons. You know where Martins was in SE before Mikel joined. Mikel is captain, everybody looks up to him. Don't upset that dynamic by bringing an old blood. The same fear of power dynamics have dogged Enyeama's recall but truly if not for Ikeme's leukaemia I don't think I'd so much as whisper Enyeama's name.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
You now believe in Ighalo abi? It only takes one match to either break our heart or mend it.

Mujtahida:

I agree with merit but at the same time merit among the new crop. Seriously even if Martins(and before I am accused of hate, just know I like obagoal) is scoring 100 goals per season I'd really not want to see him in Russia. We clamoured for him and Keshi gave him an opportunity and his performance was ineffectual. There's nothing he is doing so special that Ighalo or Iheanacho cannot do. But that's even beside the point. He's done his time. Let him rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
That Brazilian - Nigerian, I happen to stumble on some of his YouTube video.

This is my verdict.

He plays in a shitty league.

Against shitty defenders, that would afford you the amount of space and time to do whatever the hell you want.

He's also up against whack GKs too.

So until he moves to a better league, hopefully everton and he's able to do what lukaku did for them, then I'd spearhead the charge to invite him. Until then.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

both martins and osaze that messed us up at the 2010 world cup? osaze tried in 2014 but to bring these old pales back in 2018 may just show how backwards our football is andwith the emergence of players like moses, iwobi even ihenacho, why are we still discussing folks like martins and osaze for christ sake haba. with old players like musa and mikel already in the squad, its a shame to be talking about osaze and martins. smh

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
I hope so
Joebie:
Copa del Rey?

Maybe dem dey rest am for weekend. Else owngoal will have to post a u-turn story.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Leave the management matter to the coach. Rohr set conditions for Enyeama's recall. my brother let me tell you this from my heart. I don't even believe that even if Martins is called up he will make the train to Russia. But my point remains, don't discriminate based on age, place of birth, home grown vs foreign grown, light skinned vs dark skinned etc.

There was never fear of power dynamics as regards Enyeama. I want to think Rohr had long started talks with Enyeama before Ikeme fell ill. All those fears na our own fears. Rohr is the manager. Let him do his job.

Mujtahida:

It's not a matter of doing better than the new guys. I am sure if you bring Jay he will still perform well. Yes! But their time is past. And it's not just for footballing reasons. You know where Martins was in SE before Mikel joined. Mikel is captain, everybody looks up to him. Don't upset that dynamic by bringing an old blood. The same fear of power dynamics have dogged Enyeama's recall but truly if not for Ikeme's leukaemia I don't think I'd so much as whisper Enyeama's name.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
You now believe in Ighalo abi? It only takes one match to either break our heart or mend it.

Ighalo is within the frame of the current Super Eagles even Brown Ideye, even Omeruo, even Oboabona but Martins' time is past. Leave him there. Even if he scores ten goals for us something inside me will fail even while I am rejoicing. Scolari stood staunchly against calls for an in form Romario against a Ronaldo who had not played football for close to two years. Brazil were handsomely rewarded for that. Leave Martins, he's now a relic of the past, his records have entered the museum of our national football history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Denmark 2nd division. He has to be the top scorer oh.

Let's base our call for players that are really performing.

junnyjake:
That Brazilian - Nigerian, I happen to stumble on some of his YouTube video.

This is my verdict.

He plays in a shitty league.

Against shitty defenders, that would afford you the amount of space and time to do whatever the hell you want.

He's also up against whack GKs too.

So until he moves to a better league, hopefully everton and he's able to do what lukaku did for them, then I'd spearhead the charge to invite him. Until then.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Joebie:
Leave the management matter to the coach. Rohr set conditions for Enyeama's recall. my brother let me tell you this from my heart. I don't even believe that even if Martins is called up he will make the train to Russia. But my point remains, don't discriminate based on age, place of birth, home grown vs foreign grown, light skinned vs dark skinned etc.

There was never fear of power dynamics as regards Enyeama. I want to think Rohr had long started talks with Enyeama before Ikeme fell ill. All those fears na our own fears. Rohr is the manager. Let him do his job.

Joebie my bros it's not discrimination to leave them out. It's discretion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1913) (1914) (1915) (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, ouzo1(m), elyte89, Elohe001, 123jamessmith, shawwal1(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.