Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783030 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
Icon79:
I definitely hope that Rohr would give him some playing time tomorrow. Now that we are done with African opposition, there's no more excuse for not playing him. Or else, he would stop giving him an invite. No one wants to remain a training material, especially the one we've moved heaven and earth to convince to switch.

O pari

Hope he does because I am waiting to see him play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mujtahida:

I was pleasant surprised that Bryan speaks English. Anyway English is a global language.

Pesin wey grow up for Owerri. Don't be surprise e go dey chew Igbo like chewing gum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mujtahida:

I was pleasant surprised that Bryan speaks English. Anyway English is a global language.

His father is Nigerian, His mother is half Nigerian half russian. He lived in Nigeria when he was 3 to 6 years..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are making it look as if Aina and Ebuehi are not in camp. They have competed in camp and Rohr prefers Shehu Abdullahi.

Finito.

Which yeye camp? I don't trust anybody's judgement until I see the neglected ones play with my two koro koro eyes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
nelszx:

Where can we see this?
Iwobi livestreamed it on his IG. It should still be there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mujtahida:

The team is really a team. Bunch of jolly good fellows. I read ANS report of Argentinian legend Mario Kempes complaining that there's no camaraderie in their team. Aguero confirmed it in an oblique way when he said this “There are a lot of new players and it’s hard to get to know each other. I remember that we understood each other quite well.” as reported on Completesportsnigeria.com.

With unity, much can be achieved.
Yep. I can understand why some will be against bringing back the likes of Enyeama and Uche who(right or wrong) are seen as disruptive and bad for team spirit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
komekn:

In the absence of a good quality tried and tested LB which we do not have. That's the most pragmatic approach to take.

I agree
that's just my submission for so long

Can you help us convince Seyi Ojo to come play for us??

Is he better than Aina presently at left back?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2017
Napoleon55:
can u imagine!
this referee still have the effrontery to defend his silly act.
the only question I for ask am na whether Brahimi headbutting was done 10 minutes earlier without intention or the fifa rule was made immediately after the headbutting saga

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
Why I’m Going To The World Cup With Nigeria And Not Russia – Brian Idowu Explains

Super Eagles of Nigeria defender Brian Idowu has revealed the reason why he opt to play for Nigeria ahead of the land of his birth Russia.

The Amkar Perm left full back who attended the pre match conference for Nigeria’s friendly game against Argentina ‎tomorrow said it was clear to him that Nigeria wanted him the most.

” I feel great ( with Nigeria ), I have been well received by both players and coaches. The atmosphere is very positive. For me this is a huge chance and experience”, Idowu said.

“As for why I’m not playing for Russia, I shouldn’t be asked this question. I want to go to the World Cup for Nigeria, because they believed in me.

“This is important for me and for my parents. If there is a next challenge, then everything will be decided, whether I play in the Russia 2018 World Cup”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/13/why-im-going-to-the-world-cup-with-nigeria-and-not-russia-brian-idowu/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jobsat34(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
terzurum5:

I just de luk u cheesycheesy

Continue looking
I m adding another 5 tomorrow..

Maybe yu shud just gather ur F&F fones and start voting..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
jobsat34:

Continue looking
I m adding another 5 tomorrow..

Maybe yu shud just gather ur F&F fones and start voting..

Guy which browser you dey use?

Mine is telling me "You have already voted" and I can't vote again

P.S: Let's vote for Moses, even if it's to rig it (5-10 votes daily won't hurt) grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
terzurum5:
Why I’m Going To The World Cup With Nigeria And Not Russia – Brian Idowu Explains

Super Eagles of Nigeria defender Brian Idowu has revealed the reason why he opt to play for Nigeria ahead of the land of his birth Russia.

The Amkar Perm left full back who attended the pre match conference for Nigeria’s friendly game against Argentina ‎tomorrow said it was clear to him that Nigeria wanted him the most.

” I feel great ( with Nigeria ), I have been well received by both players and coaches. The atmosphere is very positive. For me this is a huge chance and experience”, Idowu said.

“As for why I’m not playing for Russia, I shouldn’t be asked this question. I want to go to the World Cup for Nigeria, because they believed in me.

“This is important for me and for my parents. If there is a next challenge, then everything will be decided, whether I play in the Russia 2018 World Cup”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/13/why-im-going-to-the-world-cup-with-nigeria-and-not-russia-brian-idowu/

For Mikel mind,e just dey reason say...MUMU,who tell u say rohr go pick u go world cup grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2017
aodis:
Just watched Idowu's initiation very lovely. Nwakali and Uzoho also did as well.
On IG or snap?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tega9999: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Cofirmed News
Nigeria Vs Argentina
Time-5pm
Station-NTA NETWORK

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
Watching the Italy versus Sweden game. Italy playing with 3 5 2.

Do we have the resources to play with 3 at the back?
Italy have been effective so far, the 3 defenders(chiellini, barzagli and bunocci) are very good with the ball on their feet. They have been creating chances right from the back. The wing backs(darmain and candreva) have also been decent.

Chairmen Don carry light. Mtcheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
elyte89:

For Mikel mind,e just dey reason say...MUMU,who tell u say rohr go pick u go world cup grin
Hahahaha hahahaha. You ehn. True true who tell am say World Cup dey guaranteed for am. My guy better play well if you want be part of the party.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2017
Icon79:
I think you guys are still misunderstanding what I was trying to say. I was just responding to the claim that we have always started slowly in all our games. That claim is not accurate because we have started very well in certain games even if we didn't score early.

Secondly, you guys are making an assumption that Zambia, Cameroun, and Algeria are not tactically good teams? Are you aware that we're the only team that Zambia lost to in the whole qualifiers? Same with Cameroun! And by the way, this same Cameroun team went to the Confed Cup and they were not disgraced. Please let's not write them off because they lost to us, they are a pretty decent team.

Listen, there are only 3 countries that I am worried about in Russia: Brazil, Germany, and Argentina (if they can get it together). As per France, Belgium, and the other countries .... let them bring it on!

O pari

Did you see what a 10 man France did to England with two of the arguably fastest forward players in the World, Dembele and Mbappe ( most expensive teenager in the world)

Oh I forgot to mention the most expensive and possibly best box to box midfielder in the world. And then the minor question of the player voted the best in the EPL Ngolo Kante.

Then Varane who started playing in Real Madrid as a regular at age 19 and who has been able bring neutralise Messi.

There optimism but to say you no fear France. It's football anything can happen but we must prepare intensively to compete.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
SerVik:

Italy have been effective so far, the 3 defenders(chiellini, barzagli and bunocci) are very good with the ball on their feet. They have been creating chances right from the back. The wing backs(darmain and candreva) have also been decent.

dont be surprise Italy may not qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
SerVik:

Ventura na proper imbe. He should be playing 4-3-3 with the players they have.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
lexyman:

Very likely. Sweden has a very composed back line and their goal keeper has been doing a great job so far.
But I was enjoying the Italian tactical play before power was interrupted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2017
edi287:

Ventura na proper imbe. He should be playing 4-3-3 with the players they have.
He is in search of a goal, he doesn't need an extra man at the back. Maybe 3-4-3, but then again he wanted to accommodate 2 point men. What I don't understand is why he left belotti on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
safarigirl:
as far as I am concerned, Martins is in the same category as those green horns.

That he has come good before does not mean he will come good now. So, if we try him once and he fails to meet up, what next? We should take him to Russia because he has 'done it' before?

Are people supposed to go to the World Cup based on their exploits four years ago?

Martins is in no better a position than the likes of Dessers, the only difference is that he used to be a regular about seven years ago, same as Uche.

How many games did Ola Aina need to be part of the team so much a lot of people say he is a sure bet to the World Cup?

Even if it is just one game. You can tell a good player in minutes like Kog45 said. Nwakaeme spent over 60 minutes on the pitch, but Onyekuru needed just 25 minutes to be ranked higher by the audience.

So far, Rohr is wasting time calling up defenders when he needs to be arranging forwards.... Call up Dessers against Seychelles next year. We can size him up then, Martins has not given a reason to be considered considering his age. Defoe was the best performing player for Sunderland in their run up to relegation, that was his ticket to Bournemouth and the English team.

What is Martins doing in China currently? Is he the best player in his team? I couldn't stop laughing when Komekn cited his performances for clubs in the last 10 years, who is asking about a decade-old performance? Give us something recent like Ighalo did, let's know the basis of his call up

An old woman never grows too old for a dance she knows very well, this is a wise Igbo saying. No need stressing the point again, these people have shown that they know this dance very well, they've done it before and now we have checked and found nobody worthy of performing this dance as good as they can so why not just extend an invitation to them? Martins has been doing well, not outstanding I agree but it's not like Iheanacho has even been playing but there he is, so using one yardstick for Nacho and another for Martins is purely based on sentiments

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jobsat34(m): 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
nelszx:

Guy which browser you dey use?

Mine is telling me "You have already voted" and I can't vote again

P.S: Let's vote for Moses, even if it's to rig it (5-10 votes daily won't hurt) grin grin

Its not about browser..
Each phone has its unique IP..

So, what i normally do is to collect my colleagues fones all in d name of trying to check something, then use them to vote.

I m starting with their � PCs tomorrow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:41pm On Nov 13, 2017
Well, let me be the first person to tell you that the dreaded Italy would NOT be going to the 2018 World Cup in Russia! For the first time in 60 years.

Along with Germany, Italy has been to the most world cup - a total of 18 times, but they won't going to their 19 championship - being knocked out by Sweden!

O pari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
SerVik:

He is in search of a goal, he doesn't need an extra man at the back. Maybe 3-4-3, but then again he wanted to accommodate 2 point men. What I don't understand is why he left belotti on the bench
Left Belotti and Insigne on the bench. The guy is a clown.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
Italy are not going to world Cup

O pari

Sorry for borrowing ur word grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2017
edi287:

Left Belotti and Insigne on the bench. The guy is a clown.
FT 0-0

There you have it. One less team for the Eagles to worry about

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
lexyman:

And truly they won't be in Russia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mickael2:

An old woman never grows too old for a dance she knows very well, this is a wise Igbo saying. No need stressing the point again, these people have shown that they know this dance very well, they've done it before and now we have checked and found nobody worthy of performing this dance as good as they can so why not just extend an invitation to them? Martins has been doing well, not outstanding I agree but it's not like Iheanacho has even been playing but there he is, so using one yardstick for Nacho and another for Martins is purely based on sentiments
They know the dance very well but I'm not sure they danced the dance very well. While they were in their prime we didn't win Afcon, we didn't go beyond second round. That's how far their dance took us. Let's see this new guys dance. But if Rohr wants the old gaurd, I wish him and them the best.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
SerVik:

FT 0-0

There you have it. One less team for the Eagles to worry about
I'll miss the Azurris. That soft blue color. This Russia 2018 na wa. Thank God Argentina made it cos World Cup without the big names ain't no good jare. I don't want no watery tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2017
jobsat34:

Its not about browser..
Each phone has its unique IP..

So, what i normally do is to collect my colleagues fones all in d name of trying to check something, then use them to vote.

I m starting with their � PCs tomorrow
Maurice Iwu, welcome to our thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
Mujtahida:

I'll miss the Azurris. That soft blue color. This Russia 2018 na wa. Thank God Argentina made it cos World Cup without the big names ain't no good jare. I don't want no watery tournament.
More surprises to come at the mundial proper.

Expect to see the underdogs spring surprises.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), humility33(m), charlesemeka85(m), elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.