Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11872515 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
Okay Icon4s SerVik kog45 solonnachi Mujtahida junnyjake and the rest of us online
how would you order these names:
Bonaventure
Yahaya
Osimhen
Kelechi Nwakali
Francis Uzoho
Orji Okonkwo
Bright Enobakhare
Kingsley Michael
Sincere Seth
Tega Ejaria
Fikayo Tomori
Joel Osoro
etc

I will find it very difficult because i haven't seen all of them play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
junnyjake:

Wow wow wow, what a sweet read. Na only Okocha we follow from him debut till him retire, we indomie generation. gringringrin

We've never been lacking when it comes toa skilful players who are all for the entertainment and goals as well.

I think you might be able to find Nigeria vs Algeria 1980 final on YouTube. Then you will see Mathematical Segun Odegbami, adokie amesemaka, xtian chukwu, muda lawal in action.

How I wish I could get tapes showing those earlier matches.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mickael2:

I know say that Joel Obi matter never even give you mouth to yarn grin grin grin
Hahahaha hahahaha. Haba Doc. Don't go low na. I've always called for Joel Obi. Not once have I opposed calls for his inclusion but rather I have actively joined my voice for his invitation and I'm happy he's been invited.

The people I am against are Martins, Ik Uche, Taiye Taiwo.
But note that I am not the Coach. This is just my personal preference and I know Rohr doesn't know me not to talk of giving credence to my preference to the extent that it influences his team selection. What I mean is that even if Rohr goes against my preference and invites Martins then good.
Right now my concern is for the performance of the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

I am saying they put a spin on the news. Show me in the article where he said he deserves a place in Rohr's World Cup team

I deserve a place in Rohr's World Cup team is not the same as saying 'I think I left a good impression, it would be nice that I play in Russia next year'

If you write an exam and you come out saying you deserve to pass that connotes you having a sense of entitlement. But if you say you feel you have done well and that it would be nice if you pass that's expressing hope.

In any case the young man is still under probation.
Don't you think he's going ahead of himself by claiming h deserves to be in the WC after just 45 mins, even Mikel wouldn't make such a statement
Par adventure he fails to make the squad what would be said of Rohr.

The coach is in the right position to determine who and who deserves to be in Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
junnyjake:

Thanks for the acknowledgement, believe me, it means a lot to me.

You See, tribalism/racism is a very irritating concept to me and those who are accused of such is someone who's not exposed, who has not seen the world from the other sides (No apologies to whoever takes offence)

I have lots of Peruvian, Ecuadorian friends, some of these guys even show me love than some of my countrymen just because I'm not from their part of the country. Even when I speak, people never guess right where I'm from, some would go as far as labeling me British.
Only few people here know my tribe because I told them.

I have a background with the Dutchs, was born in the West, spent almost 2 decades there, I'm from the northern (central) part of the country, that's where I live presently, that same part shares borders with some Eastern states and a southern state as well.

So you see, I've been in touch with virtually all parts of the country, I speak Yoruba, Hausa, Igede, Warri pidgin fluently, and when I do, there's no need asking me where i'm from.

Just imagine me walking down the street of Miami and someone asks me. "¿Estás perdido?" and I answer "sí, señor, estoy buscando a mi amigo, su nombre es Miguel"

I just communicated with a complete stranger, because I've been exposed to his culture.

I just wish people expose themselves to other people's culture, understand them, that's the only thing that can cure this disease of tribalism.

Gracias Amigo. You go teach me this Spanish oo Hombre
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

I was careful to make that accusation. Infact I have defended him against those who before now accused him of tribal bigotry. However after reading his comments this morning I had the impression that he was looking at things through ethnic prism hence my accusation. He's come out to say that is not how he looks at things and I have withdrawn my accusation.

It takes bravery and humility to admit a wrong doing, if there was more expressions like this, then this thread will improve immensely.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
OMANBALA1:
I have a dream, a dream that one day we will have a midfield comprising of Mikel, Ndidi ,Ogu and Joel Obi . This midfield will be unbeatable.

story
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
Let's consider the quotes together.

“I played against Angel Di Maria, a great player of course, and I cannot quite realise that I can play against him
Defensively, I stood my ground, and offensively I tried to do as much as possible, and it all went well, I think.”
“All of a sudden you play against world stars, normally you see them on TV or you play them with FIFA on the computer,”
“I think it (playing against Argentina) went well, I have a lot of speed and I try to get a lot of the ball,”
“I think I left a good impression, it would be nice, that I play at the World Cup next year.”

The last quote is the only one where player seems to suggesting something. But the player is just saying he THINKS he left a good impression -- which he actually did. But the following remark is a hopeful one. Even players that didn't get to play are still hopeful, and they have as well expressed their hope.
It's not in anyway saying he deserves to go to the World Cup just by that performance if that's what the headline was suggesting.

You too much. I didn't read your exposition before I replied his mention but you expressed it same way I saw Ebuehi's statement as a statement of hope shared not just by him but by every footballer whose country has qualified.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thanks so much. However, I'm not going to go by the leagues they play. How do you compare a player who has scored 5 goals in the Norweigian top tier to a player who has scored two in Serie A
And what if the player in Serie A has not scored any goals. Does just playing making him ahead of a player who has scored say 10 goals in the Belgian league?
We don't have a standard of comparison. Maybe we can find a common ground

junnyjake:

1. Bonaventure - Moved from Ukraine to Belgium and he hit the ground running straight up. I hope he picks up from where he stopped after coming back from injury.

2. Francis Uzoho - Being the youngest foreign GK to feature in the LaLiga simply means he had a positive impression on his handlers. Impressing also on his NT debut.

3.Orji Okonkwo - As a foreign teenager, making your way from the B - team to the 1st team is no easy feat, scoring 2 goals in the process too. Worth applauding.

4. Bright Enobakhare - He's been doing fine for Wolves presently, scoring goals, so he deserves a place in the list.

5.Chidiera ejike - This young man, if he continues with his present form, he won't last long in Norway, the kind of goals end scores as a midfielder tells you about him quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
Okay Icon4s SerVik kog45 solonnachi Mujtahida junnyjake and the rest of us online
how would you order these names:
Bonaventure
Yahaya
Osimhen
Kelechi Nwakali
Francis Uzoho
Orji Okonkwo
Bright Enobakhare
Kingsley Michael
Sincere Seth
Tega Ejaria
Fikayo Tomori
Joel Osoro
etc

Due mainly to the poor performances of the last U17 and U20 we don't have a large pool of teenagers doing it in Europe. Unlike what we had 2-3 years ago.

To avoid creating an hiatus the NFF needs to ensure we have an excellent representation at the next U20 and U17.

Firstly I don't know exactly why you included Tega Edjaria and Fikayo Tomori on the list without also including Ademola Lookman. I personally will not rate them on my list since we are not sure of their international future.

My list of top 5:

1. Orji Okonkwo
2. Kelechi Nwakali
3. Francis Uzoho
4. Victor Osimhen
5. Dennis Bonaventure

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ehen most times the headline already puts something in our heads. so we hardly ever critically analyze the quotes.

Mujtahida:

You too much. I didn't read your exposition before I replied his mention but you expressed it same way I saw Ebuehi's statement as a statement of hope shared not just by him but by every footballer whose country has qualified.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
junnyjake:

Onyi nam, obenu.
Obe cho, enu be?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
okay sir, I just threw out names, and I believe I put "etc" at the end. It will be better to leave out the Ejarias.
How do you get to put Osimhen ahead of Dennis?

Icon4s:

Due mainly to the poor performances of the last U17 and U20 we don't have a large pool of teenagers doing it in Europe. Unlike what we had 2-3 years ago.

To avoid creating an hiatus the NFF needs to ensure we have an excellent representation at the next U20 and U17.

Firstly I don't know exactly why you included Tega Edjaria and Fikayo Tomori on the list without also including Ademola Lookman. I personally will not rate them on my list since we are not sure of their internal future.

My list of top 5:

1. Orji Okonkwo
2. Kelechi Nwakali
3. Francis Uzoho
4. Victor Osimhen
5. Dennis Bonaventure

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
OMANBALA1:
I have a dream, a dream that one day we will have a midfield comprising of Mikel, Ndidi ,Ogu and Joel Obi . This midfield will be unbeatable.

This your dream na on top which kine foam you dream am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
okay sir, I just threw out names, and I believe I put "etc" at the end. It will be better to leave out the Ejarias.
How do you get to put Osimhen ahead of Dennis?

I rate Osimhen ahead of Dennis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:

“I played against Angel Di Maria, a great player of course, and I cannot quite realise that I can play against him
Defensively, I stood my ground, and offensively I tried to do as much as possible, and it all went well, I think.”
“All of a sudden you play against world stars, normally you see them on TV or you play them with FIFA on the computer,”
“I think it (playing against Argentina) went well, I have a lot of speed and I try to get a lot of the ball,”
“I think I left a good impression, it would be nice, that I play at the World Cup next year.”

The last quote is the only one where player seems to suggesting something. But the player is just saying he THINKS he left a good impression -- which he actually did. But the following remark is a hopeful one. Even players that didn't get to play are still hopeful, and they have as well expressed their hope.
It's not in anyway saying he deserves to go to the World Cup just by that performance if that's what the headline was suggesting.

He said he performed well on the pitch in 45 mins and he's already talking about going to Russia.

What do you think will run through his mind if he doesn't make the squad?

Doesn't it seem to you this guy isn't looking past the WC.

The coach has the final decision; that should be his point of speech and he'll support the team in the tournament weather he makes the team or not. This should be his point of speech.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:

Take note of the bolded, take note of his excitement and his measured estimation of his own game.

''I did have some excitement indeed. It was a dream come true,'' Ebuehi was quoted as saying by NOS.
''I did not contribute that much, I think it went well.
"I have a lot of speed and I try to use it, I think I left a good impression, it would be nice, the World Cup next year."

While speaking(to NOS as reported by allnigeriasports. com) on how Troost Ekong acted as a go between he said the following (take note of the bolded)

''He (Troost-Ekong) is an international and now plays at Bursaspor, I played well at ADO and he approached me,'' Ebuehi was quoted as saying by NOS,''
With the path clear, Ebuehi received a phone call from Gernot Rohr and the German was able to convince him to pledge his international future to Nigeria in the end.
''I was shocked by that, why do they want a right back from ADO Den Haag, where they have footballers who play in the top leagues in Europe.
''All of a sudden you play against world stars, normally you see them on TV or you play them with FIFA on the computer.''

Does the bolded sound like a young man who'd strut about saying he deserves a place in Rohr's World Cup team?

CC MetalJigsaw

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. Haba Doc. Don't go low na. I've always called for Joel Obi. Not once have I opposed calls for his inclusion but rather I have actively joined my voice for his invitation and I'm happy he's been invited.

The people I am against are Martins, Ik Uche, Taiye Taiwo.
But note that I am not the Coach. This is just my personal preference and I know Rohr doesn't know me not to talk of giving credence to my preference to the extent that it influences his team selection. What I mean is that even if Rohr goes against my preference and invites Martins then good.
Right now my concern is for the performance of the team.

Has Joel Obi been invited?

Meanwhile I have always believed in evolution, species transform to other species kinda stuff. If we didn't try out Ebuehi, we would never know how good he is, I am still not sold on Idowu and I still believe Aina would do a better job at RB or RWB than Ebuehi and Shehu so the LB is still blank. Put Ebuehi in that LWB position and he would have performed worse than Aina. I remember when Tbaba was saying that Aina can play with both feet, I pointed out that it does not work that way, finally everyone saw it on that day. So......the bottomline of my epistle is that the leftside is still vacant......aaaannnndddd in comes Taiwo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Taliban:

I honestly don't think he's a tribal bigot but what I think is he enjoys taunting people with ridiculous comments. It really is just a hobby for him. I might be wrong though.

Your last sentence says it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
that's even in-depth
Nice one!

Mujtahida:

''I did have some excitement indeed. It was a dream come true,'' Ebuehi was quoted as saying by NOS.
''I did not contribute that much, I think it went well.
"I have a lot of speed and I try to use it, I think I left a good impression, it would be nice, the World Cup next year."

While speaking(to NOC as reported by allnigeriasports. com) on how Troost Ekong acted as a go between he said the following (take note of the bolded)

''He (Troost-Ekong) is an international and now plays at Bursaspor, I played well at ADO and he approached me,'' Ebuehi was quoted as saying by NOS,''
With the path clear, Ebuehi received a phone call from Gernot Rohr and the German was able to convince him to pledge his international future to Nigeria in the end.
''I was shocked by that, why do they want a right back from ADO Den Haag, where they have footballers who play in the top leagues in Europe.
''All of a sudden you play against world stars, normally you see them on TV or you play them with FIFA on the computer.''

Does the bolded sound like a young man who'd strut about saying he deserves a place in Rohr's World Cup team?

CC MetalJigsaw

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
komekn:

Como estas Amigo

I couldn't but help laughing about your experience in Miami.

I got lost in Miami and found myself in Liberty city in my shiny new rental car, realized i was going to get mugged and not with a cutlass but a .9mm . Decided using Queens English would be a red flag to a bull, or Warr pidgin no go work here. I jumped out the car and called to the first'G' , " Yo dreader, whappen, step across a me wan callin u" I speak fluent patwa and so they though i was one of the numerous Rude bwoy bout d place, and i escaped.

I speak Igbo, Uhrobo/Isoko and some basic Yoruba, i am de tribalised too.

Estoy bién, ¿y tù?

Really funny experience that was. One of the numerous importance of being exposed o, only God knows what they'd have done with that .9mm, had you not acted smartly. Those gangsters don't smile at all.

There's nothing more rewarding than being a detrabilised citizens of the state.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Don't mind the journalist putting a spin on what the young man said. Did you see the headline in the body of the article? In fact that he did that interview in Dutch to Ado den haag TV.

The young man even sounds like one who is struck by the wonder of the opportunity he's gotten as a member of our team.
In an interview he said when Troost first contacted him, he(Ebuehi) was surprised because we(Nigeria) have players all over the World. Does that sound like a player who would now be boasting that as that spurious headline seems to insinuate?

So you don't know that on this thread we have evolved a principle of filtering information because we have discovered that most of the news are either false or full of misinformation.
Joebie would say don't follow the headline. Follow the direct quotes in the article.
How did you know that the journalist spinned Tyrone's speech? Do you understand Dutch?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Let's rate them based on their club careers alone within this current season.
We need to have a standard. This is a suggested one:

5 goals in Grade3 == 3 goals in Grade2 == 1 Goals in Grade1
Same as assists

GRADE 1 (1ST TIER)
Germany
England
France
Italy
Spain

GRADE 2 (1st tier)
Russia
Portugal
Ukraine
Belgium
Turkey
Austria
Netherlands
Czech
Greece

GRADE 3
MLS
Germany (2nd tier)
England (2nd tier)
France (2nd tier)
Italy (2nd tier)
Spain (2nd tier)
Other 1st tiers

Icon4s:

I rate Osimhen ahead of Dennis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
You forgot Yakubu, Taiwo, Shola Ameobi, Pius Ikedia, Aghahowa, Ifeanyi Udeze, Amokachi, Finidi.

Even Babayaro ;DYou forgot Yakubu, Taiwo, Shola Ameobi, Pius Ikedia, Aghahowa, Ifeanyi Udeze, Amokachi, Finidi.

Even Babayaro
my own na Danny Shittu,we need him to mark Messi at d WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:
Gracias Amigo. You go teach me this Spanish oo Hombre

No hay problema hermano. No es deficil. Esapñol es muy sencillo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
The WC is the immediate thing.. No one is thinking beyond that for now. The world cup has it's excitement and fever. Even players who have not been invited are hoping they will gatecrash. Mind you SE spokesman Ibitoye had said Ebuehi has been doing what he did against Argentina in camp both at the right side of the pitch and the left side of the pitch. This is more than an international outing. He has been part of the team, it's only natural for him to be hopeful.

MetalJigsaw:
He said he performed well on the pitch in 45 mins and he's already talking about going to Russia.

What do you think will run through his mind if he doesn't make the squad?

Doesn't it seem to you this guy isn't looking past the WC.

The coach has the final decision; that should be his point of speech and he'll support the team in the tournament weather he makes the team or not. This should be his point of speech.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
Let's rate them based on their club careers alone within this current season.
We need to have a standard. This is a suggested one:

5 goals in Grade3 == 3 goals in Grade2 == 1 Goals in Grade1
Same as assists

GRADE 1 (1ST TIER)
Germany
England
France
Italy
Spain

GRADE 2 (1st tier)
Russia
Portugal
Ukraine
Belgium
Turkey
Austria
Netherlands
Czech
Greece

GRADE 3
MLS
Germany (2nd tier)
England (2nd tier)
France (2nd tier)
Italy (2nd tier)
Spain (2nd tier)
Other 1st tiers

It is not just all about statistical ratings.

For the times I have watched Osimhen play and the few times I have seen Bonaventure I tip Osimhen as the better player.

Statistics is good quite alright. in fact it is the easiest way out. But, it doesn't tell the entire story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
SerVik:
Obe cho, enu be?
Enu ha. grin. Anjwo be?
I been no know say we plenty like this on top nairaland. Nice to meet you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
EmmGee:
Barcelona do homework on Everton loanee Henry Onyekuru

FC Barcelona sent scouts to observe Nigerian star Henry Onyekuru, who on Saturday scored his seventh goal this season for Anderlecht.

Clubs lining up for Onyekuru

According to CompleteSportsNigeria, apart from Barcelona, clubs including Manchester United, Tottenham, Ajax, Fiorentina, PSV, Southampton and Stoke City are also believed to have sent scouts to see the player in action. A report in 90minutesgoal.com claims that Tottenham are interested in the striker as a potential replacement for Harry Kane.

"Yes, Tottenham are watching proceedings and have made contact with Him (Henry Onyekuru) about a potential move, they see him as the next big thing and a good replacement for Harry Kane who they feel might join Madrid next summer,” a Spurs source told 90MinutesGoal.com.

In June, Onyekuru made his international debut for Nigeria in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo. He was also featured in the Super Eagles’ 2018 World Cup qualifier against Algeria earlier this month which ended in a 1-1 draw.

https://en.as.com/en/2017/11/20/football/1511218126_629036.html
if i were him ,i will stay put at Anderletch till after WC,if he performs well,his stocks will rise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Don't you think he's going ahead of himself by claiming h deserves to be in the WC after just 45 mins, even Mikel wouldn't make such a statement
Par adventure he fails to make the squad what would be said of Rohr.

The coach is in the right position to determine who and who deserves to be in Russia.
Bros, after all the explanation you still saying the bolded? He never said he deserves a place in Rohr's World Cup team. Please show me where he said that and I'll keep shut.
The young man is understandably excited and grateful for the opportunity we've afforded him. Do you know that he said he wanted to get Di Maria's Jersey but could not get it. Instead he got that of Dybala which he has put in a frame.

The excitement he generated in Holland is even greater than the one here in Nigeria. It's just that I cannot understand Dutch but I watched some minutes of his interview with Ado den haag TV upon his arrival in Holland after the match against Argentina.

The young man is just hopeful.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
It's still hard to make a case for someone who is yet to score.
What if we said (in addition):

1 match-day squad appearance (GRADE1) == 1 assist (GRADE2) == 1 goal scored (GRADE 3)

Icon4s:

It is not just all about statistical ratings.

For the times I have watched Osimhen play and the few times I have seen Bonaventure I tip Osimhen as the better player.

Statistics is good quite alright. in fact it is the easiest way out. But, it doesn't tell the entire story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
The WC is the immediate thing.. No one is thinking beyond that for now. The world cup has it's excitement and fever. Even players who have not been invited are hoping they will gatecrash. Mind you SE spokesman Ibitoye had said Ebuehi has been doing what he did against Argentina in camp both at the right side of the pitch and the left side of the pitch. This is more than an international outing. He has been part of the team, it's only natural for him to be hopeful.

“Defensively, I stood my ground, and offensively I tried to do as much as possible, and it all went well, I think.”

"Now, the player, who has a Nigerian father and a Dutch mother, says having proved his class in the clash against the star-studded Argentine side, he should be considered for a spot in Rohr’s World cup squad.
"

In other words, if he doesn't make the squad, that's bullshit on Rohr's part.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, shawwal1(m), johnjunior39(m), Zellas and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.