Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11872788 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
Taliban:
After reading a lot of pages here and also a long and hard thought. I have come to the conclusion that these players should be the ones to go t the world cup.
Goal Keepers
Vincent Enyeama
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu
Defenders
Ola Aina
Seyi Ojo
Dominic Iorfa
Efe Ambrose
Thiago Ilori
Mosis Odubanjo
Midfield
Hope Akpan
Jude Aneke
Raheem Lawal
Abdul Ajagun
Mikel Obi
Joel Obi
Josh Onomah
Ryan Sanusi
Attackers
Obafemi Martins
Ike Uche
Fred Onyedinma
Kayode
Chuba Akpom and
Adegbenro

Standby
Ovie Ejaria
Osaze

If we can present this guys who are the best leagues imagine what we will achieve. There's still time to get them to blend together, right now these are the best we have as we can only take 23 players to the world cup.

The staring eleven should look like this
Enyeama
Ola Aina Thiago Ilori Efe Ambrose Sheyi Ojo
Abdul Ajagun Josh Onomah Raheem Lawal
Kayode Martins Ik Uche

Mikel will be coming in as an impact sub and that would really tilt the games in our favor. Also there is Jude Aneke, Adegbenro and Joel Obi too who can come in from the bench.

I had to unfortunately drop Onazi, Ndidi and even Victor Mosis, even though they are very good players who the stats for Aneke, Raheem Lawal, Abdul Ajagun and Onoha are extremely difficult to ignore. You need to see how Kayode won the best player in Austria and how great a game Fred Onyedima had against Man City that's why I had to drop Victor Mosis.
Go Nigeria!!!!!!!!!

At first I was shocked then later I burst into laughter. You funny ooo

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
haha.. I knew that's where you were going..
We can't read "their" motives..
We should expect these players to have ties to other countries just as they have ties to Nigeria.
But at the same time we should expect they would put 100% in, every time they don the GWG.
That's what really matters. Or are you saying he won't play for Nigeria post Russia IF he goes to Russia.
Just as Tammy is to England, Ebuehi is here NOW and his is 100% focused on the Nigerian project.

Players who are still tied to other countries despite choosing to represent one
We don't need such folks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
tbaba12345:

I saw his response but let Rohr speak to him first... At the end of the day, it is his choice.

Just read his response, more like a "come get me" plea to Germany as he's honoured by the Nigerian interest (more like sitting on the divide).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
You're right.

That's just what you wanted to hear. Meanwhile it's all in your mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
Icon79:
And you arrived at that conclusions based on what, exactly

#Mugu shocked angry

O pari

“Defensively, I stood my ground, and offensively I tried to do as much as possible, and it all went well, I think.”

"Now, the player, who has a Nigerian father and a Dutch mother, says having proved his class in the clash against the star-studded Argentine side, he should be considered for a spot in Rohr’s World cup squad"

What does this imply to you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
Icon79:
Baba icon4s, let me repeat this ICYM: Holland is not going to cap Ebuehi just for the heck of it. They are NOT England, so we got time to cap him during the World Cup or shortly afterwards.

The Seychelles game would've been a bloody waste of time for a team preparing for the world cup. We're not going to play a team like Seychelles in Russia. So let's use that window to schedule one or two grade A friendly match somewhere in Europe.

O pari

Two grade A quality games are in the offing. Once the draws are concluded then the friendlies would be announced.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Icon79:

#Mugu shocked angry

O pari

Yorubas would say oya mi lenu. Meaning the thing surprise me. Guy just projected his own fears and suspicion about the young man, saw a report and latched on it. He's stuck stubbornly to that viewpoint. I don explain tire. At the end we are all entitled to our opinions.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
Icon79:

#Mugu shocked angry

O pari

Let him miss the WC without being officially capped in a competitive game and Holland calls on him, Then you'll understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
If you want to claim the press is wrong, provide a proof.
You, you have not provided any prove that Tyrone said he deserves to be in Rohr's World Cup team na. You are quoting a journalist.

My guy in Court hearsay evidence is inadmissible-as in dem say dem say is no evidence in court. The journalist said... is no evidence that Tyrone said what you've carried on that he said.
Show me where Tyrone said he deserves to be in Rohr's World Cup team and I will rest it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Let him miss the WC without being officially capped in a competitive game and Holland calls on him, Then you'll understand.
If it is you what would you do? I doubt if you are in his shoes and supposing Nig doesn't take you to the world cup you will now reject it when Holland calls you.
Exam wey you never pass, you dey set for another person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

If it is you what would you do? I doubt if you are in his shoes and supposing Nig doesn't take you to the world cup you will now reject it when Holland calls you.
Exam wey you never pass, you dey set for another person.
Why are you sounding as though I have something against him? I'm just stating the fact that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

At first I was shocked then later I burst into laughter. You funny ooo

It is based on facts and objective logical reasoning not sentiments and subjective postulations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:
Furo Iyenemi to mark Aguero
chukwu ndukwe to top 9 for naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
Taliban:
After reading a lot of pages here and also a long and hard thought. I have come to the conclusion that these players should be the ones to go t the world cup.
Goal Keepers
Vincent Enyeama
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu
Defenders
Ola Aina
Seyi Ojo
Dominic Iorfa
Efe Ambrose
Thiago Ilori
Mosis Odubanjo
Midfield
Hope Akpan
Jude Aneke
Raheem Lawal
Abdul Ajagun
Mikel Obi
Joel Obi
Josh Onomah
Ryan Sanusi
Attackers
Obafemi Martins
Ike Uche
Fred Onyedinma
Kayode
Chuba Akpom and
Adegbenro

Standby
Ovie Ejaria
Osaze

If we can present this guys who are the best leagues imagine what we will achieve. There's still time to get them to blend together, right now these are the best we have as we can only take 23 players to the world cup.

The staring eleven should look like this
Enyeama
Ola Aina Thiago Ilori Efe Ambrose Sheyi Ojo
Abdul Ajagun Josh Onomah Raheem Lawal
Kayode Martins Ik Uche

Mikel will be coming in as an impact sub and that would really tilt the games in our favor. Also there is Jude Aneke, Adegbenro and Joel Obi too who can come in from the bench.

I had to unfortunately drop Onazi, Ndidi and even Victor Mosis, even though they are very good players who the stats for Aneke, Raheem Lawal, Abdul Ajagun and Onoha are extremely difficult to ignore. You need to see how Kayode won the best player in Austria and how great a game Fred Onyedima had against Man City that's why I had to drop Victor Mosis.
Go Nigeria!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha. Now this is a good one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

You, you have not provided any prove that Tyrone said he deserves to be in Rohr's World Cup team na. You are quoting a journalist.

My guy in Court hearsay evidence is inadmissible-as in dem say dem say is no evidence in court. The journalist said... is no evidence that Tyrone said what you've carried on that he said.
Show me where Tyrone said he deserves to be in Rohr's World Cup team and I will rest it.
If you think the journalist is wrong then I have nothing to say. You alone know why you're opposing the news.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Icon4s:

The thing is people are often afraid to call a spade what it is.

His SOLE mission has been clear right from his first post on here.

Look at this one pointing accusing finger when his trabalism comments are very easy to come by grin

You are only an Icon in your village football history hence the limited knowledge of Nigeria football holistically. No wonder you always only give history about your kind while you're ignorant about others because na my brother sabi pass syndrome has beclouded your sense of reasoning.

This is the same fellow that accused Festus Onigbide of nepotism and tribalism because he took Opabumi to the WC in 2002 and even made us believed he parked the whole team with his tribe men.

We know he must have written articles on newspapers, blogs and even given presentations on TV to prove his point without any resistance as the constitution granted him freedom but here we are, he suddenly became an advocate of those who are guilty of the same crime and a persecutor against those whom he perceives as ego busters to na we sabi ball pass. grin

Oga, maintain or I show your report cards to the world that you're a big time ............ grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
How do you remove the Nigerian in him? Likewise the other country. And what makes you more Nigerian to say you don't need him?

MetalJigsaw:
Players who are still tied to other countries despite choosing to represent one
We don't need such folks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
How do you remove the Nigerian in him? Likewise the other country. And what makes you more Nigerian to say you don't need him?

Loyalty to whichever nationality you choose. That's what I'm rightfully pointing at. In what way am I wrong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Why are you sounding as though I have something against him? I'm just stating the fact that's all.

Bros, I pay attention to words. How can what is yet to happen as in the possibility of Ebuehi dropping Nig if he fails to make it to Russia and accepting Holland's invitation be a fact? That's no fact. It's just a possibility which might happen or might not happen. And if it happens I wouldn't crucify the young man.

See I like that boy. But that would not climb above performance for the RB role. Whoever of Shehu, Ebuehi, Aina cuts it at the RB should take it.
Wasn't it you that raised issues about Aina's performances and we had exchanges?

Like thesupernerd would say let's cut this guys some slack. It's not easy what they are doing. As they step on the pitch the burden of expectation of a whole nation is on their shoulders. Rohr is even more patient with these guys than many of us are.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
If you think the journalist is wrong then I have nothing to say. You alone know why you're opposing the news.
I am opposing it because I didn't see a direct quote. This journo guys are sleazy. You will soon find out just like many here did.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
This will rather be my team hahaha

Kalapizim:
haba Senior men ! we should go pass this level of tribalism na.
The fact is not every player will make it into the national team. so we should move pass this abeg :-

But if anyone brings up tribalism again ehnn I will have no choice than to shout for the inclusion of my all Edo/Delta super eagles team below. grin grin grin

make una calm down abeg !

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Bros, I pay attention to words. How can what is yet to happen as in the possibility of Ebuehi dropping Nig if he fails to make it to Russia and accepting Holland's invitation be a fact? That's no fact. It's just a possibility which might happen or might not happen. And if it happens I wouldn't crucify the young man.

See I like that boy. But that would not climb above performance for the RB role. Whoever of Shehu, Ebuehi, Aina cuts it at the RB should take it.
Wasn't it you that raised issues about Aina's performances and we had exchanges?

Like thesupernerd would say let's cut this guys some slack. It's not easy what they are doing. As they step on the pitch the burden of expectation of a whole nation is on their shoulders. Rohr is even more patient with these guys than many of us are.
OK, it a possibility, you accept, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Taliban:

It is based on facts and objective logical reasoning not sentiments and subjective postulations.
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Don't make me pee abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
He's made his choice. He is with us now. Why the suspicion? Did he insinuate he is still considering Netherlands? So why the question. He only expressed his desire to play for Nigeria at the World Cup.

MetalJigsaw:

Loyalty to whichever nationality you choose. That's what I'm rightfully pointing at. In what way am I wrong?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamdynamite(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
Kog45:
Yes the best should be given chance but when it come to sports pls give it to south east and south south and if you see any south west or northerners in sports they are extremely good.

It's simple northerners don't give their ward very access to sports though the north central still allowed their kids to do sports but can't be compared to full blessing Igbo or South South man w give his children.

Am a Yoruba man and i know how Yorubas take sports, they want you to be in school most Yoruba guys you see in sports are stubborn types,very few see the support of their parents.

My growing up as a boy who love football and very talented was difficult cos my Dad believe so much in education, our house was just a minute to the Stadium. I wake up to see stadium main bowl every morning.but dodge to go to stadium despite my talent.

My mates who have the opportunity of going to the stadium were well developed after secondary school, one even make it to Japan 93 squad in 1992 as secondary school boy,some played in the local league, some played professional football, at least 5 played as a full fledged national team player,one played in EPL while one played as FB for an European country at 2002 WC.Most of these guys are Igbo boys.

After my sec sch i have little freedom in the university but i w not deceive you too late cos my peers in football ahead in term of fitness and confidence,I just played normal University games nothing more,my mind was on education not football.

What am try to say is that the Igbo and Niger deltan we always have an edge over other tribes.They received early support from their parents than any other tribes and there is no way you can meet up with them,that's just the fact.
emmanuel olisadebe was the FB that played for poland i guess cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
He's made his choice. He is with us now. Why the suspicion? Did he insinuate he is still considering Netherlands? So why the question. He only expressed his desire to play for Nigeria at the World Cup.

You could be right but that's only certain if he's capped in a competitive game before Holland knocks on his door.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
OK, it a possibility, you accept, right?
Yes, It's a possibility that we made possible. If we had capped him against Algeria in Constantine then he'd be ours. But then let him have the choice to choose. One just has to be practical. Nothing sentimental. If na you wetin you go do? Time waits for no man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Look at this one pointing accusing finger when his trabalism comments are very easy to come by grin

You are only an Icon in your village football history hence the limited knowledge of Nigeria football holistically. No wonder you always only give history about your kind while you're ignorant about others because na my brother sabi pass syndrome has beclouded your sense of reasoning.

This is the same fellow that accused Festus Onigbide of nepotism and tribalism because he took Opabumi to the WC in 2002 and even made us believed he parked the whole team with his tribe men.

We know he must have written articles on newspapers, blogs and even given presentations on TV to prove his point without any resistance as the constitution granted him freedom but here we are, he suddenly became an advocate of those who are guilty of the same crime and a persecutor against those whom he perceives as ego busters to na we sabi ball pass. grin

Oga, maintain or I show your report cards to the world that you're a big time ............ grin

It's okay. We have left the tribalism issue. Let's forge ahead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
zuchyblink:
Rohr is not a Nigerian. He selects players based on merit. You cannot feature kayode, ademola, Solanke, tammy, nwakaeme etc over nacho knowing nacho's exploits in SE. Lets stop this bigotry. We cannot afford to bring it to sports

In a team, you don't put all your eggs in one basket, that's why you have at least 3 strikers in a team.

A far as I am concern, Iheanacho is not a strike, he better a SS. Just like Griezman.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
Meanwhile we have to go slow on this FB thing oo. If we continue at this spate it's possible that we would come to believe it FB players are better than naija born players ooo. Who knows whether this was how the shift away from our local league players started. I no dey oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joebie:
We are not talking about the Super Eagles now.
My question has nothing to do with SE and Russia.
Look at the original question lol

Lol! Bros anything we discuss here will still point down to the Super Eagles.

Of what use is the rating if it doesn't reflect the value they can add to the national team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mujtahida:

Yes, It's a possibility that we made possible. If we had capped him against Algeria in Constantine then he'd be ours. But then let him have the choice to choose. One just has to be practical. Nothing sentimental. If na you wetin you go do? Time waits for no man.
That's why I said he's likely to join Holland if he doesn't go to Russia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), marvin906(m), kingphilip(m), Towbaba500(m), Toylove and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.