Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11874795 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2017
komekn:

You are being emotive and not objective.

Before Raheem came to City he has played 95 games for Liverpool. In addition he had become a senior international for England. His Transfer fee was £50 million or thereabouts.

What has KC done in in comparison to Raheem.

Fast forward Raheem is a lot faster, is more technically adapt, can take players and requires less support you be a threat. Nonetheless, he is still a work on progress. This season he has improved immensely with his ability to score goals.

What has KC done in comparison too Gabriel, Sana, Gabriel and Debry Bryna.

He has gone to Leicester he never had the pace of Vardy, or the technical wizardry of Mahrez and or the sheer trickery plus pace of Grey. He does not have the physicality of Okazaki as well.

Now he has to work much harder and without the support of world class midfielders. He now does not have the support of world class midfielders around him.

What's biased about that observation Or can that be construed as favoritism towards English players.

If its coming from someone else, I would engage. But you? No i wont. You have your reasons, i have mine! Enjoy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
Rohr has appointed a new fitness coach for Nigeria.

His name is Bernard Gines.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mickael2:

ok let me educate you because it seems you are lacking there.

People have been complaining about his first touch, so what is first touch? That is the first touch you apply to a moving ball to get it under control, what does it mean to trap a ball? Trapping a ball means getting a ball under control. So people have been complaining about his first touch right(or ball control like you yourself just pointed out) and somehow when I say the same it becomes hate? Seriously you need to work on yourself honestly, next time you want to come online, take a cold bath, take a cup of coffee and then turn on your data so you don't go about talking rubbish, just a professional advice

You should advise yourself first...that is...if you've have any aorta of wisdom in you.

just read what you wrote...and match it wit your assertion...that a player that cannot trap a ball.

common sense should teach you how to pass your point.....
rather than spew out such lame words.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
tbaba1234:
Rohr has appointed a new fitness coach for Nigeria.

His name is Bernard Gines.
a good one...
but who will pay him please...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2017
forgiveness:

The reason Ahmed Musa was marked out against France at the WC was because they knew he was direct. Even Onyekuru was marked out in the second leg against PSG after they noticed he dribbles with pace.

What they did was to slowed him down by shielding him with two players and they always stayed static( they don't move) and closed him down slowly until he was forced to retreat and pass sideways.

From what I saw he is not suitable for such defensive formation because he hold unto ball and create nothing out of nothing.

He is best suited for rapid counter attack tactics.

In such situation, you need an attacking midfielder that can hold unto ball, drift into the midfield, dribble one on one in static situation and has good vision to set a true pass.

Iwobi, Mikel and Vicmo will be the perfect personnel for the Iceland match. If Sone Aluko is available, he is also best for this type of game.

I have seen Iceland played and I think they are very good at counter attack once the dispose the ball from their opponent.

If we have to win balls against Croatia, which two DMF do you want to use?

France actually does not play like Iceland. Frankly if you play Onyekuru in a counter-attacking team he may not perform so well, he needs a game where he will get the ball time and time again so he can dribble which is his strongest assest, ofcourse you know players like Onyekuru will lose the ball 4times out of 10 atleast so he needs 10 passes per game for example to complete 4dribbles and it is in games that we have enough possession that he can get that and against Iceland we will have enough possession. VicMo, if he plays, will be running into traffic a lot because VicMo dribbles with pace, that is why he plays at wb for Chelsea where he will have enough space to beat his man. But if(IF) we play the 3-5-2 then the two forwards will not have space to run into and this is going to be a compact Iceland team. Putting in another midfielder was what Croatia did against them, Kovacic is a nice midfielder who can dribble but when he came in in the first leg he was largely inefficient because being a midfielder he would almost always have two players on him, but a striker can be in such an advanced position that nobody(bar his actual marker) would keep up with him hence my preference for an actual forward that can dribble IN TIGHT SPACES.

Against Croatia we will need two things, first chase the ball like mad, then when we get it, move it straight away or shield it for a while to regain our composure. In that case we need one workhorse only and one guy who can shield and play quick passes, ofcourse if Joel Obi is there he fits perfectly with Ndidi(or Onazi because say na you ask me ooh) but otherwise I would bring Mikel back there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2017
komekn:

Absolutely correct, but I wonder why

It maybe because he rejected initially hence the reciprocal. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mickael2:

ok let me educate you because it seems you are lacking there.

People have been complaining about his first touch, so what is first touch? That is the first touch you apply to a moving ball to get it under control, what does it mean to trap a ball? Trapping a ball means getting a ball under control. So people have been complaining about his first touch right(or ball control like you yourself just pointed out) and somehow when I say the same it becomes hate? Seriously you need to work on yourself honestly, next time you want to come online, take a cold bath, take a cup of coffee and then turn on your data so you don't go about talking rubbish, just a professional advice

Trapping is a subset of first touch. You can know how to trap but have bad first touch. Trapping is getting the ball under control using your foot and the ground. Asides trapping, you can use your chest, your foot, thigh, head when getting ball under your control.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2017
I can also argue based on a different criteria.
What has been their record since 1987?
Nigeria's reputation started growing from the mid 90s. That's the big difference. But well, we may be speaking from different perspectives based on how early we have been following football.
But let's stay with the context and timing. They are a big team on paper, but a small name. grin

tbaba1234:

The realistic expectation for Poland and Nigeria in the WC are about the same.

As a footballing nation, they have WC medals, Olympic football medals (including gold) and made the quarters of the last Euros.

They are not on the level of the big boys, They are average just like Nigeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mickael2:

France actually does not play like Iceland. Frankly if you play Onyekuru in a counter-attacking team he may not perform so well, he needs a game where he will get the ball time and time again so he can dribble which is his strongest assest, ofcourse you know players like Onyekuru will lose the ball 4times out of 10 atleast so he needs 10 passes per game for example to complete 4dribbles and it is in games that we have enough possession that he can get that and against Iceland we will have enough possession. VicMo, if he plays, will be running into traffic a lot because VicMo dribbles with pace, that is why he plays at wb for Chelsea where he will have enough space to beat his man. But if(IF) we play the 3-5-2 then the two forwards will not have space to run into and this is going to be a compact Iceland team. Putting in another midfielder was what Croatia did against them, Kovacic is a nice midfielder who can dribble but when he came in in the first leg he was largely inefficient because being a midfielder he would almost always have two players on him, but a striker can be in such an advanced position that nobody(bar his actual marker) would keep up with him hence my preference for an actual forward that can dribble IN TIGHT SPACES.

Against Croatia we will need two things, first chase the ball like mad, then when we get it, move it straight away or shield it for a while to regain our composure. In that case we need one workhorse only and one guy who can shield and play quick passes, ofcourse if Joel Obi is there he fits perfectly with Ndidi(or Onazi because say na you ask me ooh) but otherwise I would bring Mikel back there

Maybe you should take a look at Onyekuru's goals again. You cancan do that via YouTube then you will see 90%, if not 100% of his goals came from counter attacks and dribbles with pace. Pls, try to see it.

On Joel Obi I stand. grin

But I want to see more of him in our friendlies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2017
Rohr's recent interview with a french paper. He is playing Poland for Croatia. Talks about find a keeper that satisfies them fully.

CC: Icon4s, joebie, komekn, Mujtahida, Joseph1013, Kog45, certitude, humility017, safarigirl, forgiveness,

NIGERIA / GERNOT ROHR: "A SUCCESS AT THE WORLD CUP WOULD BE EXCEPTIONAL" [EXCLUDING 365]
POSTED ON 9 DECEMBER 2017 AT 12H10 - UPDATED ON 9 DECEMBER 2017 AT 12H19 PATRICK JUILLARD

Gernot Rohr, hot after the draw for the World Cup, you said "It's going to be a physical challenge against the Icelanders, a technical challenge against the Croatians, and a challenge to the Argentineans." Can you detail? What is your opinion on these 3 opponents?

Rohr: This draw is a difficult draw, with three good teams. Our first opponent will be Croatia. The match will take place in Kaliningrad, an eccentric place with a bit of jet lag and a former German city that I already know a bit. Croatia is capable of great things with a team of stars playing in the biggest clubs. They are able to beat the biggest, but also to be surprised by less prestigious teams. It will be up to us to question them. Their technical qualities are huge but we also have a quality game. This is the most important match, and we hope to prepare it, against opponents similar to Croatia. So we will play Poland at home on March 23rd.

Iceland remains more difficult to define ...

Rohr: Iceland has worked hard for ten or twelve years with extraordinary structures to play football all year long despite the harsh weather conditions. Domes of football, where you can play at any time have been installed, with a dozen per region. Work is done from an early age. Today, it is a team that knows how to play football but who remains very physical and supportive. It is expected for this match that takes place in Volgograd to a very difficult game. Supporters will come in large numbers in charters to win their team. It will be an unprecedented match in the history of the World Cup, which adds spice. In this group, it is amusing to see that the four teams know each other very well in pairs: Croatia knows Iceland well,

Nigeria will meet Argentina for the fifth time in the finals, a record. How to finally take points against this opponent?

We will not make the mistake of thinking that we already know them. We beat them in friendly Krasnodar last month, but Argentina played without Lionel Messi. And Argentina without Messiit's not the same team. They have four goals, they may not have changed much defensively, but offensively they can change everything. Argentina is still vice-champion of the world, and had not passed away from the coronation in 2014. This team is perhaps at the end of the cycle, but it can make it all the more formidable, with players eager to prove that they can win. I met Jorge Burruchaga in the draw. He told me "we are coming to win the World Cup. They have chosen a magnificent base camp and will put the package to make it happen.

Do you have an idea of ​​the ideal preparation program?

We chose a base camp that we visited in southern Russia, between Sochi and Volgograd, in the countryside, in a region of mineral and spa baths. We will be far from everything, with opportunities for care and excellent conditions of recovery between games. At 500 meters altitude, it will not be too hot.

On which points do you think you can make the most progress by June?

I think we can always progress on all levels: technical, but also tactical and physical. Tactically, we must be able to adapt according to our opponents. For example, we tried against Argentina, we tried a defense to three, which can turn into a defense to five. We can still do more. Physically, we will be ready. We will take a second physical trainer, in this case Bernard Ginès, I had in my staff in Nice, between 2002 and 2005. We will receive FieldWiz, which are GPS to work better in detail. We will have to progress in the detection of our own players so as not to be mistaken on the list of 30, then that of 23. We will strengthen the scouting team.

What about mental preparation?

We have already shown that we are mentally tough, but it will be even more for the World Cup. We already have a mental trainer with Nabil Trabelsi. Do not flood the group with too many foreign faces. We are not sick, we do not need psychiatrists (laughs).

Does Nigeria have the means to become the first African team semi-finalist of a World Cup?
It's a dream, it's a wish. To think we can do it would be pretentious. We will first try to pass the chickens. Then, it is another pair of sleeves, we will advise from match to match depending on the opponents. Nigeria today has the youngest team in the World Cup with 24.9 years of average age. The figure may be even lower in Russia, as we spotted a 19-year-old goalkeeper in La Coruna . We also come to learn: the life of Nigerian football does not stop after the World Cup. I sincerely believe that we have players who share my ambition to go very far and who have the technical means.

As a technician, is participating in a World Cup the best challenge of your career?

Yes, it's for me the most beautiful. It has been fantastic to qualify in this difficult group with Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia. To have a shot at the World Cup would be exceptional. I prepare myself as best as I can, personally. Every detail counts in the preparation and the choice of the players. We found young people at certain positions. The last challenge is to find a goalkeeper who satisfies us fully. We are working with my guardian coach, Enrico Pionetti. CHAN will be important to take stock. Ikechukwu Ezenwa will participate, under the direction of my assistant Salisu Yusuf. I will follow things closely.

On a personal level, several media announced your extension to the position of coach. What is it really ?

The verbal agreement was reinforced by an official handshake. We met in Moscow with representatives of the executive committee of the Federation. We agreed on a two-year extension. I thank my leaders for this trust. Beyond the World Cup, the goal is CAN 2019. We want to come back and win.

http://www.football365.fr/nigeria-gernot-rohr-reussir-coup-a-coupe-monde-serait-exceptionnel-exclu365-7021852.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
forgiveness:

He was eligible to play for Nigeria through his father who is a Cameroonian-Nigerian.
Are you serious? I never knew oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FabioPeter: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
Joebie:
This was my earlier post
Of course, it's just a coincidence

If you lose these matches you will demoralized the players, it’s better to play beatable team or teams that will allow us develop/showcase our strength. It’s good to go to the World Cup in high spirit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2017
I think you've made a good point.
Onyekuru combines though when he closes in to the box. If he is not combining he is going all the way.
He can be very tricky as soon as he gets to the box. Which is why they have to shield him to retreat.
Nevertheless Onyekuru can still go the world cup to play that role when we need it most. As a starter? no!
I'd rather bring him in when we need to kill the game... just my own opinion.

forgiveness:

The reason Ahmed Musa was marked out against France at the WC was because they knew he was direct. Even Onyekuru was marked out in the second leg against PSG after they noticed he dribbles with pace.

What they did was to slow him down by shielding him with two players and they always stayed static( they don't move) and closed him down slowly until he was forced to retreat and pass sideways.

From what I saw he is not suitable for such defensive formation because he hold unto ball and create nothing out of nothing.

He is best suited for rapid counter attack tactics.

In such situation, you need an attacking midfielder that can hold unto ball, drift into the midfield, dribble one on one in static situation and has good vision to set a true pass.

Iwobi, Mikel and Vicmo will be the perfect personnel for the Iceland match. If Sone Aluko is available, he is also best for this type of game.

I have seen Iceland played and I think they are very good at counter attack once the dispose the ball from their opponent.

If we have to win balls against Croatia, which two DMF do you want to use?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
It's not in the Nigerian character to be demoralized. We usually spring up surprises after earlier losses.

FabioPeter:

If you lose these matches you will demoralized the players, it’s better to play beatable team or teams that will allow us develop/showcase our strength. It’s good to go to the World Cup in high spirit.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
Humility017:

You should advise yourself first...that is...if you've have any aorta of wisdom in you.

just read what you wrote...and match it wit your assertion...that a player that cannot trap a ball.

common sense should teach you how to pass your point.....
rather than spew out such lame words.

But Bro there was nothing wrong with what he said about Iheanacho not being able to trap a ball. Ball control, trap a ball, first touch all mean the same thing na. Free your mind. You are reading his words through your perception that he hates Iheanacho but what he wrote there was not different from what others said na.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2017
Very informative interview. Rohr is very detailed. I like that.

tbaba1234:
Rohr's recent interview with a french paper. He is playing Poland for Croatia. Talks about find a keeper that satisfies them fully.

CC: Icon4s, joebie, komekn, Mujtahida, Joseph1013, Kog45,

NIGERIA / GERNOT ROHR: "A SUCCESS AT THE WORLD CUP WOULD BE EXCEPTIONAL" [EXCLUDING 365]
POSTED ON 9 DECEMBER 2017 AT 12H10 - UPDATED ON 9 DECEMBER 2017 AT 12H19 PATRICK JUILLARD

Gernot Rohr, hot after the draw for the World Cup, you said "It's going to be a physical challenge against the Icelanders, a technical challenge against the Croatians, and a challenge to the Argentineans." Can you detail? What is your opinion on these 3 opponents?

Rohr: This draw is a difficult draw, with three good teams. Our first opponent will be Croatia. The match will take place in Kaliningrad, an eccentric place with a bit of jet lag and a former German city that I already know a bit. Croatia is capable of great things with a team of stars playing in the biggest clubs. They are able to beat the biggest, but also to be surprised by less prestigious teams. It will be up to us to question them. Their technical qualities are huge but we also have a quality game. This is the most important match, and we hope to prepare it, against opponents similar to Croatia. So we will play Poland at home on March 23rd.

Iceland remains more difficult to define ...

Rohr: Iceland has worked hard for ten or twelve years with extraordinary structures to play football all year long despite the harsh weather conditions. Domes of football, where you can play at any time have been installed, with a dozen per region. Work is done from an early age. Today, it is a team that knows how to play football but who remains very physical and supportive. It is expected for this match that takes place in Volgograd to a very difficult game. Supporters will come in large numbers in charters to win their team. It will be an unprecedented match in the history of the World Cup, which adds spice. In this group, it is amusing to see that the four teams know each other very well in pairs: Croatia knows Iceland well,

Nigeria will meet Argentina for the fifth time in the finals, a record. How to finally take points against this opponent?

We will not make the mistake of thinking that we already know them. We beat them in friendly Krasnodar last month, but Argentina played without Lionel Messi. And Argentina without Messiit's not the same team. They have four goals, they may not have changed much defensively, but offensively they can change everything. Argentina is still vice-champion of the world, and had not passed away from the coronation in 2014. This team is perhaps at the end of the cycle, but it can make it all the more formidable, with players eager to prove that they can win. I met Jorge Burruchaga in the draw. He told me "we are coming to win the World Cup. They have chosen a magnificent base camp and will put the package to make it happen.

Do you have an idea of ​​the ideal preparation program?

We chose a base camp that we visited in southern Russia, between Sochi and Volgograd, in the countryside, in a region of mineral and spa baths. We will be far from everything, with opportunities for care and excellent conditions of recovery between games. At 500 meters altitude, it will not be too hot.

On which points do you think you can make the most progress by June?

I think we can always progress on all levels: technical, but also tactical and physical. Tactically, we must be able to adapt according to our opponents. For example, we tried against Argentina, we tried a defense to three, which can turn into a defense to five. We can still do more. Physically, we will be ready. We will take a second physical trainer, in this case Bernard Ginès, I had in my staff in Nice, between 2002 and 2005. We will receive FieldWiz, which are GPS to work better in detail. We will have to progress in the detection of our own players so as not to be mistaken on the list of 30, then that of 23. We will strengthen the scouting team.

What about mental preparation?

We have already shown that we are mentally tough, but it will be even more for the World Cup. We already have a mental trainer with Nabil Trabelsi. Do not flood the group with too many foreign faces. We are not sick, we do not need psychiatrists (laughs).

Does Nigeria have the means to become the first African team semi-finalist of a World Cup?
It's a dream, it's a wish. To think we can do it would be pretentious. We will first try to pass the chickens. Then, it is another pair of sleeves, we will advise from match to match depending on the opponents. Nigeria today has the youngest team in the World Cup with 24.9 years of average age. The figure may be even lower in Russia, as we spotted a 19-year-old goalkeeper in La Coruna . We also come to learn: the life of Nigerian football does not stop after the World Cup. I sincerely believe that we have players who share my ambition to go very far and who have the technical means.

As a technician, is participating in a World Cup the best challenge of your career?

Yes, it's for me the most beautiful. It has been fantastic to qualify in this difficult group with Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia. To have a shot at the World Cup would be exceptional. I prepare myself as best as I can, personally. Every detail counts in the preparation and the choice of the players. We found young people at certain positions. The last challenge is to find a goalkeeper who satisfies us fully. We are working with my guardian coach, Enrico Pionetti. CHAN will be important to take stock. Ikechukwu Ezenwa will participate, under the direction of my assistant Salisu Yusuf. I will follow things closely.

On a personal level, several media announced your extension to the position of coach. What is it really ?

The verbal agreement was reinforced by an official handshake. We met in Moscow with representatives of the executive committee of the Federation. We agreed on a two-year extension. I thank my leaders for this trust. Beyond the World Cup, the goal is CAN 2019. We want to come back and win.

http://www.football365.fr/nigeria-gernot-rohr-reussir-coup-a-coupe-monde-serait-exceptionnel-exclu365-7021852.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2017
Joebie:

Very detailed. Very much so. Typical German.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
Humility017:

a good one...
but who will pay him please...?

NPOWER SHOULD PAY HIM grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2017
K. Nwakali starts for Venlo.
They currently trail Henreveen 2-1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mujtahida:

Yes, I am. Really? But someone posted the article here sometimes ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2017
elyte89:

U r reputed for throwing subtle jibes here and there, getting over urself thinking u r funny. It ain't funny no more bro. U hardly contribute anything meaningful here, all u do is wait for any lil chance to ridicule a post.

Did he ask a lame question? Do u know who pays Pionetti? And now Gine? Stop being silly here.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2017
Mujtahida:

Yes Kyle Adesanmi Mbape.They all have Nigeria traditional name as middle name in their family
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2017
Their father is part Nigerian part Cameroonian
Kog45:
Yes Kyle Adesanmi Mbape.They all have Nigeria traditional name as middle name in their family
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
elyte89:

Lol.... that will do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2017
Joebie:
I think you've made a good point.
Onyekuru combines though when he closes in to the box. If he is not combining he is going all the way.
He can be very tricky as soon as he gets to the box. Which is why they have to shield him to retreat.
Nevertheless Onyekuru can still go the world cup to play that role when we need it most. As a starter? no!
I'd rather bring him in when we need to kill the game... just my own opinion.

I see.

So, which players will you choose for attack positions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2017
Joebie:

I like this man...his appointment was a round peg in a round hole....

I pray yusuf and alloy agu give ajiboye a chance to prove his worth in the forthcoming CHAN...
he may be the ideal goal keeper we have been looking for...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
forgiveness:

I see.
So, which players will you choose for attack positions?
I think many a time it will depend on the team we're playing....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
Icon4s:

Not necessarily that. Any European opposition will do.

Like I understand England and France are in line.
That should be OK

How the friendly will be beneficial to the other country is also a factor.

Eg if Panama, Costa Rica or Japan should approach us for as friendly how do we consider it? Waste of useful slot abi?
you're right...but please take out France from it...playing them won't be necessary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2017
KevinDein:

Well frigging said.

The current crop of Super Eagles players absolutely love playing in the gwg. About the only set of players that enjoy playing for their national team more than their club sides. The Icelandic players are another.

Just don't know how to put it, but this set of players give an air of "just glad to be here, how i wish this international break would be prolonged" whenever they don the gwg. A total contrast to the English players that give the slightest excuse to avoid turning up for the 3 lions.

Our players absolutely love being around each other, that's our strength and that should be maintained at all cost.

Aptly put!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
Joebie:
Oh really. You have watched them and they play alike?

Well I was speaking about the unpredictability a small name but deadly team brings.

I have not watched both teams closely enough to make that conclusion in terms of how they play. Let me assume you have. I believe you then. grin

I get your points...now.
though...Iceland and Denmark have some similarities in their playing pattern..both good wit set piece too...especially when it has to do wit the head...

anyway...I will want a very strong team for friendlies at least to expose weakness in the team....
rohr is a very intelligent coach...and someone who quickly move to correct errors...proactive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2017
forgiveness:

Yes, he should be tried as a LB in a four man's defence as well as LWB in a 3 man's defence before given finally verdict on him. This should also be extended to other players fighting for slot. But if Elderson is fit and playing regularly for his club, he is a sure bet to make the list. No doubt about it

you're right about elderson...just that I will appreciate he sits more on the bench..while in the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2017
EEGA:
Utilized all?

Iheanacho should have passed to Iwobi twice but was selfish with the ball.

He was wrong to have done that twice.If we ignore the first, what of the second?

Yeah! You're right. It was not all we utilized.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Subzerooo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.