Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,653 members, 7,851,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11870620 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
[quote author=Kog45 post=64783750][/quote]

In my opinion Akpoguma has more pace and better recovery but Awaziem is more technical.

Who is better is a reflection of emphasis and team requirement preference.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Seriously, coaches should be getting the knowledge. What is the point if a player needs to start learning again when they go abroad.

The thing is a lot of these our coaches don't upgrade themselves.

I, for one, have a Basic coaching Certificate. I know what coaching knowledge I have acquired over the years since after completing that program like 14-15 years ago even though I didn't go into professional coaching.

They have to on their strive to up grade themselves. See what the likes of Siasia, Oliseh and Amuneke are doing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well for Uzoho that one match came against Argentina. A much bigger and better opponent than any we have faced under Rohr so far. So it is a big deal. But he certainly needs more friendlies to sew what else he got for us and why he should be trusted going forward.

And yes , Enyeama is not so good aerially.

On Ajiboye, well today was evident. I have always known he struggles a bit with crosses from the U-20s even but again it shows it is still a weakness for him within the first few mins of the morocco game. Morocco scored a goal which was chalked off for going out of play. Ajiboye went for the cross that led to the ruled out goal and missed it completely. Aerially he really struggles.... Years on from the U-17s and U-20s, he hasn't overcome that weakness.

He isnt exactly gonna lace his boots with spring now, would he? If a guy is short, he is short. Finish! I am deeply pained for him though.... One match effectively wrecked his chances for No1 spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
DrKlever:
How many of those Moroccans were in the team that qualified them for world cup? They have so much synergy for a team that was just assembled for the CHAN. They seem to be playing together for a while, hope we didn't play their national side?
none

The team that qualified them to the world cup were all foreign based

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

I, for one, have a Basic coaching Certificate. I know what coaching knowledge I have acquired over the years since after completing that program like 14-15 years ago even though I didn't go into professional coaching.

They have to on their strive to up grade themselves. See what the likes of Siasia, Oliseh and Amuneke are doing.

And things change so quickly. If you do not upgrade, you will be left behind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:
We can now be more objective now that CHAN is over. Some of us were sentiment cos we believed these Lads need our collective Supports, we stood by them till the end and kinda proud of them.

However, the technical Crews are nothing to write home about. Tactically and technically the Team was very poor, and the Blames should go to the Coach and his Crews. Salisu is never a good Coach, hence I wasn't surprised with the lackadaisical Performances of the Team throughout the Competition, and truth be told - they didn't reach the Final based on Merit but Luck!

Sir Icon4s and Tbaba1234 were right with their Calls for the Selection of youthful Teams, especially from the Academy, to represent Nigeria in the CHAN Competition. It's ought to be a Platform to unravel Potentials that hopefully gonna add Steels to the Eagles.

Salisu picked Players based on sentiment, coz Onuwa and Olatunbosun ought to be in the Team, while Alli, Ibrahim and Nur had no reason to be in the Team.

I hope NFF could relieve Salisu, Agu and Co and replace them with Siasia, Shorunmu and Co. Also Rohr should never listen or take Advice from Salisu any longer.

Especially this guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
somehow:
Yes I think so.

Osas would have been more useful as a 7 than a 2, plays more like Dani Alves without his defensive side.

Thank you sir.... it shows that you know your onions on this one!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 1:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

you just said my mind
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
Rabiu Ali to the WC

Osas best RB in the tournament

Orji better than Balogun

What are the other ridiculous things, we heard?

This Moroccan side that wiped the floor with our CHAN team has no single player in the first team. That should give you an idea of what level the CHAN team is.

It was just so pathetic reading such comments. That's what Keshi did and we went burst. Not because of yesterday's loss but if we look coolly with bias, prejudice and sentiments- like my friend komekn will say- we will see that the quality is not good enough, too poor. I like the taste of Victory but I have gone beyond desiring that our team should win. Quality, give us quality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

I am not trying to bring any player down, I mean it will not affect my life in anyway, whether positive or negative.

We need to be saying things the way they are.

Being that the Moroccans had 12 shots on target and scored 4 doesn't mean Ajiboye saved the remaining 8. There were some that were either deflected or stopped by players along the line of those shots. Ajiboye did not make up to 8 saves last night.
Sir did i accuse you of anything,so why such notion or did i accuse you of running any player down.

Pls try and watch the match again then you will agreed with me cos the stats state it clearly 26 shot 12 on target 4 goals conceded.

I did not sat down somewhere and fabricated it cos saying we should say it the way things are,i beg go and watch the match again cos have done that and i know what am saying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

Like Mourinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Appetizer(m): 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Hian! Appetizer na moniker again!!!!!??

Yes o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
Oasis007:
We can now be more objective now that CHAN is over. Some of us were sentiment cos we believed these Lads need our collective Supports, we stood by them till the end and kinda proud of them.

However, the technical Crews are nothing to write home about. Tactically and technically the Team was very poor, and the Blames should go to the Coach and his Crews. Salisu is never a good Coach, hence I wasn't surprised with the lackadaisical Performances of the Team throughout the Competition, and truth be told - they didn't reach the Final based on Merit but Luck!

Sir Icon4s and Tbaba1234 were right with their Calls for the Selection of youthful Teams, especially from the Academy, to represent Nigeria in the CHAN Competition. It's ought to be a Platform to unravel Potentials that hopefully gonna add Steels to the Eagles.

Salisu picked Players based on sentiment, coz Onuwa and Olatunbosun ought to be in the Team, while Alli, Ibrahim and Nur had no reason to be in the Team.

I hope NFF could relieve Salisu, Agu and Co and replace them with Siasia, Shorunmu and Co
. Also Rohr should never listen or take Advice from Salisu any longer.

They are all one and the same. Siasia that went playing his boys?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
elyte89:

7th not 2nd
Thanks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

Salisu goes from venue to venue. That he has been assigned to do.

I have also seen a couple of Rohr's pictures at our NPFL venues

Talking about the lack of basic football knowledge I know what I am talking about as a lot of them still go through serious football schooling as soon as they arrive Europe.

So he and his crew decided these were our best legs abi?

Nepotism/federal character.....End results? Cluelessness and shambolic displays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
I knew about his weakness aerially right from the U-17s and U-20s and the game against Morocco only showed he hasn't yet overcome that weakness. So no... It is not about just one game.

As for Uzoho, he claimed two aerial threats comfortably against the Argentines. That is just half a game but the signs were very good for a 19-year-old kid. We need to see more of him in the friendlies and also sew why Deportivo believes in him that much. They say he learns in a week what it takes months or years for most other young goalies to learn. I think we have a special talent in Uzoho but the friendlies will show us more

junnyjake:

If you want to conclude that Ajiboye isn't so good aerially because of the error earlier in the game.

I might also want to draw your attention to Uzoho's mishap against Girona, he misjudged a cross and was lucky not to have conceded from it.

In essence, it's too early to say...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
tbaba1234:

So true.

Infact when I learnt coaching what was in vogue was the regular 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 for more attacking options.

4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 were discussed but not as much as the regular 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 then

Then wingers must be natural wingers. But now
strikers and even midfielders and Full backs can be made to play from the wings.

That time, a striker must have a supporting striker. Hahaha. Stuffs like that.

The Diamond shape, false 9 inverted wingers stuff were not in vogue then. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that a good number of these local coaches do not know about these new tactical formations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
It is not even as if he was at fault really for any of the goals.... He still pulled off fine saves. But mehn, being in goal for a massacre like that is always gonna cost you especially when you are in competition for a spot at the WC. Add to the fact that he lacks aerial command of his area and I think his WC chances just went from bright to dim indeed.

With that said, Ajiboye is still among the very best goaltenders we got in the local league.

kennysville:

He isnt exactly gonna lace his boots with spring now, would he? If a guy is short, he is short. Finish! I am deeply pained for him though.... One match effectively wrecked his chances for No1 spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel27: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
From the moment I watched the CHAN team in the WAFU finals, I knew something was terribly wrong with Salisu Yusuf.

The man's team selection is so poor that even if you appoint Guardiola or Mourinho to coach them, they will still fail miserably.

His tactics too are shockingly unbelievable. The only strategy he seems to know is "jam body football" and this always backfires on him. Two penalties conceded against Ghana, now a red against Morocco....

I still don't know why he isn't sacked yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

please boss where can i get a coaching training/ccert
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Kog45:
Sir did i accuse you of anything,so why such notion or did i accuse you of running any player down.

Pls try and watch the match again then you will agreed with me cos the stats state it clearly 26 shot 12 on target 4 goals conceded.

I did not sat down somewhere and fabricated it cos saying we should say it the way things are,i beg go and watch the match again cos have done that and i know what am saying.

Egbon, coolu temper. I do not dispute the fact that 12 shots were on target and 4 goals were scored. And you said he saved 8. ie 12-4. But I am telling you that he did not save up to 8 that some were deflected off or blocked by players. It will seem as if I am running him down that I why I first had to clear my self that I am not trying to run him down but just want to state it the way it is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
I think this aerial ball issue has to do with short goal keepers except exceptional GKs!
TheSuperNerd:
I knew about his weakness aerially right from the U-17s and U-20s and the game against Morocco only showed he hasn't yet overcome that weakness. So no... It is not about just one game.

As for Uzoho, he claimed two aerial threats comfortably against the Argentines. That is just half a game but the hns were very good for a 19-year-old kid. We need to see more of him in the friendlies and also sew why Deportivo believws in him that much. They say he learns in a week what it takes months or years for most other young goalies to learn. I think we have a special talent in Uzoho but the friendlies will show us more

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
Yep... And Ajiboye struggles aerially. That's the sad part.

somehow:
I think this aerial ball issue has to do with short goal keepers except exceptional GKs!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
Last time we had a moniker called F**kboys come out of no where.... Looolll... That was when I was on FP in another section... Now I see Appetizer. What about your siblings/cousins called Dessert? Or maybe even Cocktail? Looolll... cheesy

Appetizer:

Yes o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
EmmGee:

please boss where can i get a coaching training/ccert

I got mine through a friend then who worked with Westerhof at his Football academy in Ilorin then.

Yes I am proud product of Clemence Westerhof.

I was discussing tactics with that my secondary school friend then and he advised me to go for the program

You can visit any nearest football academy and obtain your form.

Basic coaching certificate (BCC) is just 3months. You stand to learn a lot. You can go ahead and obtain the Diploma and more advanced ones if you so wish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
Mujtahida:

Like Mourinho

Man Utd fans coming for you like.....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

The Moroccans were easily the best team of the tournament.

After watching the first 10mins of that game, I knew it was a matter of time before our defense crumbled. A guy I watched the game with saw only 5 mins of that first half when it was still 0-0, left and said the game would end at least 3-0.

The red card didn't help matters at all.

I was hoping that Morocco would come out feeling pressure but it was the opposite that happened. That El Kaabi (#9) wanted to kill us, the guy is a deadly striker, he should be going to the WC. I am still a bit disappointed in the poor fight I saw from the guy, seemed like they were just happy to make it so far and collect their cash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
Icon4s:

Egbon, coolu temper. I do not dispute the fact that 12 shots were on target and 4 goals were scored. And you said he saved 8. ie 12-4. But I am telling you that he did not save up to 8 that some were deflected off or blocked by players. It will seem as if I am running him down that I why I first had to clear my self that I am not trying to run him down but just want to state it the way it is.
Pls go and watch the match again my oga cos i don't see any Nigeria players blocking anything yesterday,the guy was opened and exposed.pls watch the match again may be you would agree with me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Yep... And Ajiboye struggles aerially. That's the sad part.

Too bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2018
You are right about the no.9.... That lad is so big, strong and very mobile. He really tortured us no be small but their no.7 and no.11 were the real danger men who cut us open. Good game from the Moroccans. They were just leagues above our players.

BascoVanVeli:

I was hoping that Morocco would come out feeling pressure but it was the opposite that happened. That El Kaabi (#9) wanted to kill us, the guy is a deadly striker, he should be going to the WC. I am still a bit disappointed in the poor fight I saw from the guy, seemed like they were just happy to make it so far and collect their cash.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Home advantage also played a part.

Nigerian sides(clubs) do not do well against home teams. That same thing that makes them lose most away matches both in the NPFL and CAF competitions. They do not do well against home teams.

I agree, a couple of those Moroccan players should be considered for the WC. The number 9, 11 and 7 players especially.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
Kog45:
Pls go and watch the match again my oga cos i don't see any Nigeria players blocking anything yesterday,the guy was opened and exposed.pls watch the match again may be you would agree with me

I can do anything but not to go re-watch that match. Not even at gun point.

But I have noted your point.

Better for me to agree with you than to go re-watch that match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: robosky02(m), Yachambliss(m), lovewins, Abusule007 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.