Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752695 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:54am On Feb 13, 2018
You are not far from the truth my good man... I remember mentioning it sometime ago and also recall giving it another mention just on Saturday after the Leicester-man city game in my review on Ndidi's performance and stats.

I pray it pulls through. Ndidi at Liverpool will be a huge climb for the young man and he will be on his way to world class status. smiley

mazimee:
I heard Liverpool budgeted 54 million pounds for Wilfred Ndaidai, imagine if he was English.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57am On Feb 13, 2018
congo4ka:
And a very beautiful goal by our own Victor Moses smiley

So you can actually say something football-like without the ukwu and sh*t hole talk... cheesy. Fabulous.... We praise your name Lord!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10am On Feb 13, 2018
Garba Lawal backs Isaac Success and Brown Ideye to star in Malaga
By Taiye Taiwo, Correspondent

The Nigeria internationals moved to La Rosaleda Stadium during the January transfer window to bolster their chances of playing in the World Cup

Garba Lawal has tipped Malaga duo Isaac Success and Brown Ideye for success in the Spanish La Liga and fight for a place in Nigeria’s 2018 World Cup squad.
The Super Eagles forwards moved to Spain for the remainder of the season after their unpalatable situations at their respective parent clubs.

Prior to his move to Jose Gonzalez’s side, Success only managed 44 minutes for Watford - coming against Bristol City in the English League Cup - this season.

And the ex-Roda JC midfielder is confident that the former Granada talisman can inspire the White and Sky Blue in their
relegation fight.

“I always see Isaac Success, he is an excellent player. I watched him in Granada before he moved to Watford,” Lawal told Goal.

“He's the kind of player we want in the national team. He's quite unlucky because he always has muscle problem, because he's very quick and when he has four players ahead of him, he'll beat them.

“I have that confidence because I saw what he did at Granada and I always pray for him to come back, have more playing and an injury-free season. Football is about luck.”

The former Elfsborg and Levski Sofia player also tipped compatriot Brown Ideye who switched to La Rosaleda Stadium outfit temporarily from Tianjin Teda to shine in La Liga.

“Brown Ideye is a strong man, no doubt. He's like a beast. I believe they must have that luck, now people are watching them and I believe they'll excel," he continued.

Unfazed by Malaga's struggles in the drop zone, Lawal who represented Nigeria at the 1998 and 2002 World Cup supported the duo’s decision to move to the side in a bid to get regular game time ahead of the global showpiece in Russia.

“We want to see our players playing and not sitting on the bench. We want the playing time, it's World Cup time, the biggest tournament in the world,” he added.
“That's why players cry when their countries don't qualify for the world championship, you see players cry when a coach does not select them to go to the world championship. It's the highest level in football.”

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/garba-lawal-backs-isaac-success-and-brown-ideye-to-star-in/sd1aiaazxy6z1attgk6qr0y6p

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 121 days 14hours to go

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:20am On Feb 13, 2018
I think this may be "official" soonest... not so different from my sources too. wink

Manu Garba retains Nigeria U17 job, Paul Aigbogun to handle Nigeria U20
By Shina Oludare

Despite failing to qualify the country for the 2017 U17 Fifa World Cup in India, the tactician has been retained as handler of the Golden Eaglets

Coach Manu Garba has been retained as handler of the Nigeria U17 team by the Nigeria Football Federation on Monday.
The tactician who led the country to 2013 Fifa U17 World Cup title in the United Arab Emirates failed to lead the Golden Eaglets to the 2017 edition staged in India, having bowed out to Niger Republic in the Second Round of the Africa U-17 Cup of Nations qualification.

However, he has been saddled with the responsibility to lead the team again, and he will be assisted by Nduka Ugbade, Jolomi Atune Ali, Bunmi Haruna (Scouting) and Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (goalkeeper trainer).

Former Enyimba boss, Paul Aigbogun takes charge of the Flying Eagles and will be backed by Akwa United’s Abdullahi Maikaba, Abubakar Bala, Hassan Abdallah (scouting) with Suleiman Shuaibu as goalkeepers’ trainer.

According to NFF’s Technical and Development Committee chairman, Alhaji Yusuf Ahmed, the appointment are with immediate effect, stating that his team has done ‘due diligence’ on all the names.

“All the coaches will be unveiled at a later date, alongside the coaching crews of the U20 and U17 girls that were appointed earlier as a result of their World Cup qualifying campaigns,” he told NFF media.

APPOINTED NATIONAL TEAM COACHES

SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM: Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach); Imama Amapakabo; Kennedy Boboye; Fidelis Ilechukwu; Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES): Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach); Abdullahi Maikaba; Abubakar Bala; Hassan Abdallah (Scouting); Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS): Manu Garba (Head Coach); Nduka Ugbade; Jolomi Atune Ali; Bunmi Haruna (Scouting); Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach); Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’; Ahmed Lawal Dankoli; Patrick Bassey (Scouting); Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U13 BOYS TEAM: Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach); Jude Agada; Abdullahi Umar Tyabo; Adewale Laloko (Scouting); Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/manu-garba-retains-nigeria-u17-job-paul-aigbogun-to-handle/1jfql109jc9l1ft5jmr26v3bo

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 121 days 14 hours to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by suaveman(m): 1:21am On Feb 13, 2018
Mujtahida:
You welcome Bro. Sent
Received. Thanks bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32am On Feb 13, 2018
aadvark:
Thanks my bro.

I guess we should start having examinations on this thread. Oya, TheSuperNerd over to you. This thread is educative enough to have exams na, abi? Lol

Examinations ? You mean a kind of Thread Quiz? hmmmm.... funny how you just said it as a joke but then you just may have given me an idea with a monetary reward attached to it. wink

I am just one person in this mighty thread but I think it could work. It may be a quiz, or kind of debate... or maybe both orrrrrr... well you know something informative and educating and all related to the beautiful game with Nigerian football the main focus. Hmmmm... with monetary attachment, I think it will be attractive. I can give out the winner's prize. But hey... this is just me talking. I stumbled thru my mentions and saw your comment and was like.... hmmmmm... what if...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:40am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I am sorry but this is not enough. If what people like Mujtahida wanna do is play the diplomatic card but won't address the fact that Goldfish actually and openly supported the insult meted out to my mother...... Then I must boldly say that all that Mujtahida stands for is a lie. He claims to wanna see talks devoid of insults and addresses only me who is always attacked by these guys while he turns a blind eye to what they say and what they do... Mr PietroRico just returned because of the mentions I gave him (it was not intentional... I just needed to spell his name right) and dropped a call of apology because it is his remark about my mom that Goldfish made silly reference to and supported so cowardly, saying he was right to say what he said which made me leave at first (which was especially about my own mother) and on a thread where no one's mother has been insulted... I think I needed to make a stand against such because in the first place no one kicked against it except Safari girl.

The person who insulted you has apologized. I think, it is time to let it rest.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:42am On Feb 13, 2018
forgiveness:

He is a German/Dutch of Nigerian descent. Plays for PEC Zwolle.

He started out as a RB but played mostly as a RW 3 seasons ago. Currently, he plays as a RB.

Ehizibue came to limelight before Ebuehi in the Dutch league.
Interesting.. would like to see his pic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:56am On Feb 13, 2018
It was not about an insult to me... I get that here all the time from little-minded folks.

It is about the insult to my mom. And yes I saw the comment of PietroRico. And I accept his apology.

Buuuttttt... this is not about him. I returned to the thread even without his apology. It is rather about two things:

- another moniker making reference to that incident and saying Rico was right to say what he said meaning My Mom deserved to be insulted.

- The sanctimonious ones trying to talk to me with long lectures, like Mujtahida, don't want to address that yet he claims to take a stand against insults. How noble.

The reason I am not satisfied is because I still see the hypocrisy crawling in our midst. If someone could make reference and show support for an insult meted out to my mom which was the reason I left initially then it only shows that people like him will repeat such nonsense if this one instance is not called to order strongly.

The person who uttered the insult has apologised and I have no issues with that. But I have an issue with someone else certifying and supporting that insult by saying "what that guy said to make you leave was right after all".... Goldfish said that. If the likes of Mujtahida (with all his sanctimonious preaching) and the elders here won't address that specifically... then there is a problem here bigger than I thought.

This is about my mom.... not me. And on a bigger picture, it is about equity. That is it. I will return to football now... I still do my best to keep things rolling on the football side but I must speak my mind when something is just not right.

Backing an insult meted out a few months ago to my mom is like insulting my mom all over again. That I cannot let go so easily. So unless someone got the balls to tackle that issue... then no one has the moral right to talk to me about how I defend myself here.

tbaba1234:

The person who insulted you has apologized. I think, it is time to let it rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:01am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I am sorry but this is not enough. If what people like Mujtahida wanna do is play the diplomatic card but won't address the fact that Goldfish actually and openly supported the insult meted out to my mother...... Then I must boldly say that all that Mujtahida stands for is a lie. He claims to wanna see talks devoid of insults and addresses only me who is always attacked by these guys while he turns a blind eye to what they say and what they do... Mr PietroRico just returned because of the mentions I gave him (it was not intentional... I just needed to spell his name right) and dropped a call of apology because it is his remark about my mom that Goldfish made silly reference to and supported so cowardly, saying he was right to say what he said which made me leave at first (which was especially about my own mother) and on a thread where no one's mother has been insulted... I think I needed to make a stand against such because in the first place no one kicked against it except Safari girl.

If Mujtahida cannot address that specifically.... If he cannot address what Goldfish said in support of the insult to my mom... then he should plsss not disturb me with his lectures because they really mean nothing to me when he cannot take a stand to back up his so called gospel. To me, it is another form of hypocrisy and no amount of long lectures and smart banterings can hide that.... This is why I laugh at his attempt to act mediator.

This is me... I believe in being straight and not being over-diplomatic with the truth of a matter. There are times to be diplomatic and there are times to be straight.

So, as long as this hypocrisy exists... Believe me, it won't be long before another idiot insults my mother or maybe dad this time. Mark my words.

you sha like argument. Talk wey don finish since last year, apologies have been made over and over, you still drag am enter 2018.

Thank God say you no be woman, walahi, e for bad grin

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:03am On Feb 13, 2018
NFF To Iwobi, Moses Et Al: Training For Poland Friendly Starts March 19, To Stay At Radisson Hotel Wroclaw

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Super Eagles will begin preparations for the pre-World Cup friendly against Poland on March 19, four days before they take to the pitch against the Eastern Europeans.
It is understood that the Nigeria Football Federation have informed the likes of Chelsea right wing-back Victor Moses, Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi and Leicester City pair Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi to report at Radisson Hotel Wroclaw latest Monday 19th March, 2018 by 1300 hours as training will commence same day.

The Radisson Blu is a five-star hotel located at Jana Ewangelisty Purkyniego 10, 50-156 Wrocław, and the daily room rate is N30,535 - N96,869 depending on the room type and availability.

The Super Eagles players and officials will depart Poland for England on Saturday, March 24 for the match against Serbia at the Hive Stadium in London on March 27.

The Nigeria Football Federation have pleaded with clubs to assist the invited players with the required visas.
The Municipal Stadium in Wrocław which is the third largest stadium in Poland and has a capacity of approximately 42,000 is the venue of the friendly between Poland and Nigeria on March 23, 2018.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26574

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 121 days to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:05am On Feb 13, 2018
Well, God didn't make a mistake... wink

But it is not about last year's incident... I speak of a matter that just happened days ago right here on this thread... Read thru again and you will understand.

I just love it when sensitive issues like this are tackled from the root and not superficially with certain people scared to address a matter squarely.

safarigirl:
you sha like argument. Talk wey don finish since last year, apologies have been made over and over, you still drag am enter 2018.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:11am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Well, God didn't make a mistake... wink

But it is not about last year's incident... I speak of a matter that just happened days ago right here on this thread... Read thru again and you will understand.

it is sha attached to last year's incident, so tey Pietric0 had to come and apologise again today.

You never even quarrel reach me for this thread, but you get PHD for mixing the old with the new.

Sometimes, there is more weight in few words than in plenty. You need to learn the Mayweather style of fighting- avoid your opponent's punches as much as you can, throw one punch that hits him and then allow your opponent to keep punching the air

Floyd Mayweather isn't a world champion because he threw the most punches in any fight, he never throws the most punches.

Ruminate on some of Mujtahida's words, they are loaded with wisdom. We will both return to this thread some day and feel ashamed of some of our words, so, the fewer you say, the less you will have to be ashamed of

Good night grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:14am On Feb 13, 2018
Liverpool Loanee Awoniyi Named In TOTW, Shortlisted For Goal Of The Week

One of the goals scored by Liverpool loanee, Taiwo Awoniyi against Standard Liege on Sunday, February 11 is a contender for the Goal of the Week award in the Belgian First Division A.

The Royal Excel Mouscron striker has been shortlisted for the accolade and has to see off competition from teammate Dorin Rotariu and Alejandro Pozuelo (Genk).

Awoniyi received a pass just after the center circle, outpaced two defenders before slotting the ball past the goalkeeper in the 19th minute.
The former Golden Eaglets and Flying Eagles star set up Royal Excel Mouscron's second goal scored by Rotariu before scoring to give the visitors a 3-2 lead on 76 minutes.
Though Mouscron went on to lose the game 4-3, the Nigerian striker was named Man of the Match and has been rewarded with a place in the Team of the Week.
In a 4-4-2 formation, Awoniyi and Racing Genk striker Nikolaos Karelis started in attack.
This season, the 20-year-old has notched 7 goals from 26 matches in all competitions.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26571

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:24am On Feb 13, 2018
I cannot ruminate on words that flow under the atmosphere of hypocrisy. smiley

This is not about being world champion in boxing... I fight and defend myself my way. I have been insulted many times and never complained about that because I consider insults to me only a show of how low and inferior those people think of themselves.

I will forever stay proud of all I have said because everything I uttered, I did under the atmosphere of knowing what is right. and it is not personal delusion. Why is it that I get attacked just for speaking up for our players and young generation.... happens all the time. smiley

My mom was insulted days ago again on this thread by Goldfish80 using reference to what happened last year. Rico apologising has nothing to do with this... his apology is not what I sought. I returned without getting a personal apology from him. So his apology is just a minor bonus.

I only seek that this repeated insult to my mom be addressed and cautioned.

If you really wish to know what happened, you won't be here telling me this... possibly your own mind is made up or maybe because it is not your mother which is why you won't wanna give it attention like you did the last time. It is fine Safarigirl... smiley Well it is about my mom who none of these people here know, not even you... so it matters a lot to me. This nonsense must stop else it continues......

As for Mujtahida's words... feed on it. Me I don't indulge in the words of one who turns a blind eye to some scenarios choosing the scenes he wants to address. If he cannot come out and address the insult to my mom, it only makes his words to me more useless than they already are. I hate subtle sanctimonious showcase. It is repulsive to me. smiley

In conclusion, I believe your mom will be proud to know that you don't find this repeated insult to another's mother disturbing but only care about gaining cheap likes with subtle hits on me... This is why we are not friends. We are just people who know each other... you don't know what friendship is Safari. You only care about what you wanna say in that moment. Pity. It is your understanding shaa... not my fault.

safarigirl:
it is sha attached to last year's incident, so tey Pietric0 had to come and apologise again today.

You never even quarrel reach me for this thread, but you get PHD for mixing the old with the new.

Sometimes, there is more weight in few words than in plenty. You need to learn the Mayweather style of fighting- avoid your opponent's punches as much as you can, throw one punch that hits him and then allow your opponent to keep punching the air

Floyd Mayweather isn't a world champion because he threw the most punches in any fight, he never throws the most punches.

Ruminate on some of Mujtahida's words, they are loaded with wisdom. We will both return to this thread some day and feel ashamed of some of our words, so, the fewer you say, the less you will have to be ashamed of

Good night grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:25am On Feb 13, 2018
haha.. I have been wanting to ask him if he is the only child or whether it's a sisters-only situation...
Out of curiosity TheSuperNerd , please I'd like to know.

Also, do you have many close friends offline? Just asking.

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:35am On Feb 13, 2018
Sorry to disappoint you but it is neither of your theories in bold... Loooollll... you guys just cannot get me. I am that mysterious right? cheesy

And yep... I have very good close friends offline. Friends that understand what it really means to be called friends. I even have an inner circle. wink So I guess I just bursted another bubble. grin

If you guys won't face or address the repeated insult meted out to my mom then plsssss don't bother asking me more interview questions... wink

Joebie:
haha.. I have been wanting to ask him if he is the only child or whether it's a sisters-only situation...
Out of curiosity TheSuperNerd , please I'd like to know.

Also, do you have many close friends offline? Just asking.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:44am On Feb 13, 2018
Maduka Okoye's stats are not impressive. 2 clean sheets in 15 games. Not too good.. Perhaps his team's defense is poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:48am On Feb 13, 2018
lol okay good...
And I am not disappointed.. I don't take these things serious.. Football is what brought me here.. and that's all that matters to me.

TheSuperNerd:
Sorry to disappoint you but it is neither of your theories in bold... Loooollll... you guys just cannot get me. I am that mysterious right? cheesy

And yep... I have very good close friends offline. Friends that understand what it really means to be called friends. I even have an inner circle. wink So I guess I just bursted another bubble. grin

If you guys won't face or address the repeated insult meted out to my mom then plsssss don't bother asking me more interview questions... wink

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:52am On Feb 13, 2018
What's the latest on him?.. It's looking like its going to be Uzoho.. I go lose hope if na Ezenwa eventually.

tbaba1234:
Maduka Okoye's stats are not impressive. 2 clean sheets in 15 games. Not too good.. Perhaps his team's defense is poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 2:52am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:
Official list of coaches for National teams

SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM: Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach); Imama Amapakabo; Kennedy Boboye; Fidelis Ilechukwu; Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES): Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach); Abdullahi Maikaba; Abubakar Bala; Hassan Abdallah (Scouting); Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS):
Manu Garba (Head Coach); Nduka Ugbade; Jolomi Atune Ali; Bunmi Haruna (Scouting); Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach); Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’; Ahmed Lawal Dankoli; Patrick Bassey (Scouting); Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U13 BOYS TEAM: Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach); Jude Agada; Abdullahi Umar Tyabo; Adewale Laloko (Scouting); Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
I thought amaju said he will attach Wilson oruma..to one of the youth team but I'm not seeing the name of the young man there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:56am On Feb 13, 2018
So what really happened to Finidi?

tbaba1234:
Official list of coaches for National teams

U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS):
Manu Garba (Head Coach); Nduka Ugbade; Jolomi Atune Ali; Bunmi Haruna (Scouting); Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:59am On Feb 13, 2018
Omeruo na my brother na hahaha
na play play line up.. let's cheer up a little

soetanoreoluwa:

Why omeruo? And not either Ogu, Agu, onazi or Agbo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:03am On Feb 13, 2018
A lie you tell yourself especially because it is not your mom who was insulted a second time. Congrats. smiley

And yes you are disappointed. None of the options fit in with me.

I only persist here for the love of the game and Nigeria's newest rising glory via the Super Eagles is what brought me here. I named this thread so you can imagine why this is why I am here. smiley

Joebie:
lol okay good...
And I am not disappointed.. I don't take these things serious.. Football is what brought me here.. and that's all that matters to me.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10am On Feb 13, 2018
Las Palmas Confirm Etebo’s Call-Up For Super Eagles’ Poland, Serbia Friendlies
By Johnny Edward

Spanish La Liga club Las Palmas have revealed that their midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo has been invited by the Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr for next month’s international friendly matches against Poland and Serbia, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Etebo, who has been one of Las Palmas standout performers since he joined the club a forthnight ago, will be released by the club on March 19th for the games.

“UD Las Palmas player, Etebo, has been summoned by Nigeria for the two friendly matches that the African team will play in Poland, in Wroclaw (March 23) and against Serbia in London (March 27) ),” the club announced on their official website on Monday.

“In accordance with the provisions of the FIFA Regulations on the ‘Statute and Transfer of Players’, UD Las Palmas will release the player so that he can travel to Poland, since he must join with his team on Monday, March 19.”
The former Warri Wolves midfielder has made 10 international appearances for the Super Eagles, scoring one goal.
Prior to his move to Las Palmas, Etebo scored four goals and provided one assist for C.D. Feirense in 18 Portuguese league games this season.

The 22-year-old midfielder has played two games for Las Palmas since joining the club.

Other players expected to be included in the squad for the games are Mikel Obi, Wilfred Ndidi, Ahmed Musa, Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, William Troost-Ekong Leon Balogun, Odion Ighalo, Alex Iwobi and Ahmed Musa.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/las-palmas-confirm-etebos-call-super-eagles-poland-serbia-friendlies/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:16am On Feb 13, 2018
Rohr Hits Germany To Monitor Eagles Stars; Set To Name Squad For Serbia, Poland Friendlies
By Bamidele Boluwaji

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has arrived in Germany to monitor players ahead of the international friendly matches against Serbia and Poland, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
The former OG Nice of France manager who qualified Nigeria for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, has also been to France to speak with some of the players he intends to bring to the national team, since he left Morocco where Nigeria participated in the 2018 CAF African Nations Championship.

According to the Super Eagles Media Officer, Toyin Ibitoye, Rohr is determined to present a strong team at the 2018 World Cup and he has been scouting round Europe to get the best players that will help him actualise his dream of excellent performances in Russia.

“Rohr is in Germany now monitoring players that could make his team for the upcoming international friendly matches that will help him get the best for the World Cup”, Ibitoye told Completesportsnigeria.com

“He is determined to present a quality team in Russia and he has started monitoring the players he wants to give the opportunities to prove what they can do for Nigeria.”

Leon Balogun and Anthony Ujah, both of Mainz, and Wolfsburg’s Victor Osimhen are some of the Nigerian players currently playing in the German Bundesliga.
Meanwhile, Completesportsnigeria.com has been informed that the list of players that will play both Serbia and Poland international friendly matches will be out in early March.

“The list will be out soon but I’m sure around early March and that is why he is trying to move round now to see the players he is going to invite,” CSN was informed.

Nigeria, who will face Iceland, Argentina and Croatia in the first round of the FIFA World Cup in Russia, will play friendly matches with Poland in Warsaw on March 23 and Serbia in London on March 27.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-hits-germany-monitor-eagles-stars-set-name-squad-serbia-poland-friendlies/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:16am On Feb 13, 2018
smh

TheSuperNerd:
A lie you tell yourself especially because it is not your mom who was insulted a second time. Congrats. smiley

And yes you are disappointed. None of the options fit in with me.

I only persist here for the love of the game and Nigeria's newest rising glory via the Super Eagles is what brought me here. I named this thread so you can imagine why this is why I am here. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:20am On Feb 13, 2018
Lolll.. Anything that makes you sleep well man. wink
Joebie:
smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:24am On Feb 13, 2018
Everton player being sorely missed, newspaper writes slightly strange open letter to him
By Tom Coast

Henry Onyekuru’s time at Anderlecht during the first half of the season before his knee injury was an interesting one to say the least.
Scoring nine goals before getting injured, the Nigeria international was, despite his ability to find the back of the net, criticised by his manager, Hein Vanhaezebrouck for struggling to follow instructions and track back.

However, since his return to Everton to get treatment, the reigning Jupiler Pro League champions have struggled for form and sorely lack Onyekuru’s decisiveness.

Het Nieuwsblad on Monday decided to write a small note to 26 players at Anderlecht, including the Everton loanee, to help turn around the situation.

They wrote: “Dear Henry. It’s strange to see how Vanhaezebrouck is now lauding you as the only quick striker he had. However, when you were fit, you could not do much good and there was a flurry of criticism.

“You played football too intuitively and didn’t take into account the game system enough, according to your manager, yet you managed to score nine times and Anderlecht misses your actions. Hopefully, your knee will be okay.”

With 10 goals in 28 appearances, the 20-year-old managed to show he was able to prove himself at a higher level, including the Champions League.

While there is no return date for the Everton winger just yet, there’s now hope he could be back before the end of the season .

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/everton-loanee-now-sorely-missed-club-newspaper-send-best-wishes/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:34am On Feb 13, 2018
Nigeria's individual talent not enough for the World Cup - Oliseh

Nigeria can do well at the upcoming World Cup, despite again being drawn into a tough group, but must not rely on individual talent if they want to advance past the first round, former national coach Sunday Oliseh is warning.

The Super Eagles have been pooled with Argentina for fifth time in six finals appearances and also take on Croatia and Iceland, opening their Group D campaign in Kaliningrad against the Croats on June 16.

"It's a great group. They've got Iceland, Croatia and Argentina, who seem to follow us all around," Oliseh told KweséESPN.
"When I played, the only time they were not in our group was in France."

The midfielder and former Eagles head coach appeared at the 1994 and 1998 finals, and is renowned for the sensational long-range goal he scored against Spain in Nantes.

"I think Nigeria can do well. We have a young group. The only problem is that football is no longer individual, it's changed dramatically," he added.
"Over the past nine years it has gone from success based on just having quality players, and the coach is just standing on the sides, to a level where it is more scientific and more team orientated.
"That's why teams like Iceland are very dangerous. Iceland qualified without going through the play-offs...they went directly."
Oliseh, who coached Nigeria for eight months before quitting the job and is now in charge of Dutch second division side Fortuna Sittard, is well acquainted with Iceland coach Heimir Hallgrimsson.

"He was my classmate from the UEFA professional license course in England. We graduated on the same day. Quiet guy but very smart. He's a dentist, you know, because they are all amateurs."
As to the other two teams, there will be no let-up," Oliseh continued.

"Now, if you face a team like Croatia, who have [Luka] Modric, then you have a lot of work cut out for you in the midfield.
"Argentina with Messi is always tough," he continued. "Messi will always be tough.
"Nigeria, on the other hand, we've got strength, technique and pace. So I think we can be optimistic."

However, Oliseh also warns that the days of Nigeria relying on their raw talent and the technical skills in their squad are over.

"The reality of football today is that if you are going to be an influential player at the World Cup then you should already be an influential player in the European league," he added.
"You must be really solid in a top European league because at the World Cup, the level is too high.
"With all due respect to qualifying in Africa, it's not the same standard.
"The World Cup proper and is totally different to the qualifying competition. You come up against teams that are well rounded, prepared, tactically sound, so if your game is based on individual talent, your game will be neutralised, in a much easier manner than you could imagine.
"We are not talking about Nigeria alone now, but any African nation that is going to Russia hoping to base their performance on individual talent will have problems."

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3381356/nigerias-individual-talent-not-enough-for-the-world-cup-oliseh?device=featurephone

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:03am On Feb 13, 2018
Why NFF insist on Salisu Yusuf-Imama combo for U23s – Ahmed Yusuf Fresh

NFF technical committee chairman Ahmed Yusuf Fresh has told SCORENigeria Salisu Yusuf and Imama Amapakabo have been drafted to the U23 team because they are already working with the bulk of the country’s top stars who fall within this age bracket and so the transition will be seamless.
Besides heading the CHAN Eagles, Salisu Yusuf and his assistant Imama have been handed additional responsibility with qualifying the country to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.

“Many of the players in the Super Eagles like Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi, Tyronne Ebuehi and Alex Iwobi have worked with these two coaches in the main national team and they are also eligible for the U23s. We will therefore expect continuity with the Olympic team as these coaches have also understudied Gernot Rohr in the Eagles,” Fresh explained.

“Also, the likes of Ifeanyi Nweke, Ikouwem Udoh, Sunday Faleye and Nur Mohammed from the CHAN Eagles also fall within this age bracket.
“The coaches will be gainfully engaged in between Super Eagles assignments.”

Incidentally, both coaches worked together at Enyimba.
It would be recalled that it was Salisu yusuf who gave the likes of Ndidi, Iheanacho and Iwobi extended run in the Super Eagles when he served as caretaker coach before the arrival of Rohr.

**By Kola Daniel

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/12/why-nff-insist-on-salisu-yusuf-imama-combo-for-u23s-ahmed-yusuf-fresh/&hl=en-NG&tg=210&tk=15818723884838496740

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:27am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
It was not about an insult to me... I get that here all the time from little-minded folks.

It is about the insult to my mom. And yes I saw the comment of PietroRico. And I accept his apology.

Buuuttttt... this is not about him. I returned to the thread even without his apology. It is rather about two things:

- another moniker making reference to that incident and saying Rico was right to say what he said meaning My Mom deserved to be insulted.

- The sanctimonious ones trying to talk to me with long lectures, like Mujtahida, don't want to address that yet he claims to take a stand against insults. How noble.

The reason I am not satisfied is because I still see the hypocrisy crawling in our midst. If someone could make reference and show support for an insult meted out to my mom which was the reason I left initially then it only shows that people like him will repeat such nonsense if this one instance is not called to order strongly.

The person who uttered the insult has apologised and I have no issues with that. But I have an issue with someone else certifying and supporting that insult by saying "what that guy said to make you leave was right after all".... Goldfish said that. If the likes of Mujtahida (with all his sanctimonious preaching) and the elders here won't address that specifically... then there is a problem here bigger than I thought.

This is about my mom.... not me. And on a bigger picture, it is about equity. That is it. I will return to football now... I still do my best to keep things rolling on the football side but I must speak my mind when something is just not right.

Backing an insult meted out a few months ago to my mom is like insulting my mom all over again. That I cannot let go so easily. So unless someone got the balls to tackle that issue... then no one has the moral right to talk to me about how I defend myself here.

Sometimes it’s best to ignore certain things. Pay no mind to negativity, don’t water and motivate it with long epistle and your reactions. There are people with ‘e pain am’ memes waiting to compound your sadness with those. Avoid them. Not everything is worth arguing about. Let it go.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2827) (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: onyeomaonyeoma(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.