Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,759 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11873902 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Joebie:
So what really happened to Finidi?

Good question
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:58am On Feb 13, 2018
My predictions for the WC groups (My African bias is evident)

A: Uruguay Egypt
B: Portugal Morocco (Spain knocked out, first shock)
C: France Peru
D: Nigeria, Croatia
E. Brazil, Switzerland
F: Germany, Mexico
G: Belgium, England
H: Senegal Columbia

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:47am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:
My predictions for the WC groups (My African bias is evident)

A: Uruguay Egypt
B: Portugal Morocco (Spain knocked out, first shock)
C: France Peru
D: Nigeria, Croatia
E. Brazil, Switzerland
F: Germany, Mexico
G: Belgium, England
H: Senegal Columbia
I have been having a repeated strange dream in a while now. The funny thing is all my dreams always play out in reality. Now the dream is seeing 4 African teams in second round and then two(Morocco vs Nigeria) in semi final. Because of this i have a feeling Nigeria will shock the world and win Russia 2018. I'm yet to figure out how that will materialise, but that's my strange feeling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:28am On Feb 13, 2018
DrKlever:
I have been having a repeated strange dream in a while now. The funny thing is all my dreams always play out in reality. Now the dream is seeing 4 African teams in second round and then two(Morocco vs Nigeria) in semi final. Because of this i have a feeling Nigeria will shock the world and win Russia 2018. I'm yet to figure out how that will materialise, but that's my strange feeling.

Nigeria and Morocco can not meet in the Semis. They can only meet in the Quarters or the Final.

The two teams that make the Semis from Groups A, B, C, D will not face each other. They will face teams from groups E, F, G H.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 6:29am On Feb 13, 2018
komekn:

It comes to a point where the player has to adapt to the coach not the coach to the player.

What you are advocating is wrong advice. Three coaches in a sense have found him to be lacking Pep Shakespeare and Puel. And you are pointing fingers at the coach.

Wrong advice.

He needs to knuckle down and increase his attributes do more and force his way into the team. All this moaning will not help him.

You are very wrong at the bolded and you should tender an apology for trying to misinform us

Shakespeare never found him wanting, he played KC all through the pre-season and only used him sparingly at the beginning of the season because KC had a toe injury that he was trying recover from.

Secondly, Pep never found him wanting. KC had always scored when he came on for Man City in Pep first season. He only sold him because he naturally have a dislike for tall strikers. To Pep, tall strikers are not very good strikers. He prefers normal height or short forwards.

Look at what he said about Manzukic after selling him to ATM "I don't fancy his height, he is the only striker in the world who doesn't know how to score"

Check out Manzukic reply to him after arriving ATM "I don't fancy his bald head, he is the only coach in the world who doesn't know how to coach"

As for Puel, he doesn't fancy him only because he plays negative football and he is defensive minded... Try KC in an attacking team and see the results.

Watch other leagues, study and follow them,...No! You won't hear, only to come and display your ignorance and misinform us here.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:53am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Nigeria and Morocco can not meet in the Semis. They can only meet in the Quarters or the Final.

The two teams that make the Semis from Groups A, B, C, D will not face each other. They will face teams from groups E, F, G H.
Good observation. My dream can't happen then cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:02am On Feb 13, 2018
Hmm it will definitely hit like 80 million or beyond.
mazimee:
I heard Liverpool budgeted 54 million pounds for Wilfred Ndaidai, imagine if he was English.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 7:09am On Feb 13, 2018
comodo:
Hmm it will definitely hit like 80 million or beyond.
The money wey dem dey pay footballers too much, he be like say I go enter market go buy boot and jersey and start training smiley but na U-35 team , even if dem sign me 40 million I go collect smiley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:11am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Pls i want us to be realistic when it comes to considering players for certain positions.

Henry Oyekwuru no doubt a good player scoring goals with ease in Belgium league but a very fringe player in Super eagles meaning his place in 23 man list is not sure even in his normal position talk less of CF.

We know players Rohr rate unless we don't want to say it,so Oyekwuru will need to work extremely hard to make the team and making the team would not be as CF,Rohr will never try it.

Hope you remember that Oyekwuru couldn't do it as CF in his club and his coach pointed it out but as a winger the guy is damn good.

In eagle he has good competitors in Simeon Moses, Ahmed Musa,Victor Moses and possibly Alex Iwobi,just to tell you making the team is a big task for him.Remember the same player is out for now due to injury.

Unless we dont want competition. Or we probably are sentimental about Simon moses. I think Onyekuru will give more returns in terms of goal scoring than Simon moses. But my problem with him is selfishness! He likes goin solo a lot and that may be why he hasnt been getting a look in so much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmmmm
Nnaa eehhh, Reading these pages no be beans grin

Good to be back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:30am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:
Maduka Okoye's stats are not impressive. 2 clean sheets in 15 games. Not too good.. Perhaps his team's defense is poor.
There is something am not really sure of,does Rohr really want Maduka to compete for WC slots,if it's true then Rohr is not getting it cos the guy is not what we need to solve the goalkeeping issue.

If a likely WC bound keeper could only have clean sheets in two matches our of fifteen games in youth league then not good enough for now or do we want to say Maduka is better than Alampasu.

Pls forget that team defence is poor,Ezenwa and Ajiboye were really exposed by defenders during CHAN but we still saw good performance from the duo.

I can bet it with anybody that Maduka cannot lace the boot of Ezenwa and Ajiboye when it comes to goalkeeping.

I think the guy should be for future not now but i don't know what is going through Rohr's mind and i keep on saying it hope Rohr get it right regards our goalkeeping issues.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2018
kennysville:

Unless we dont want competition. Or we probably are sentimental about Simon moses. I think Onyekuru will give more returns in terms of goal scoring than Simon moses. But my problem with him is selfishness! He likes goin solo a lot and that may be why he hasnt been getting a look in so much
My man i do not rate Simeon Moses but one thing is going for him,he is integrals member of the team through out the qualifier,so is a plus for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:37am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
There is something am not really sure of,does Rohr really want Maduka to compete for WC slots,if it's true then Rohr is not getting it cos the guy is not what we need to solve the goalkeeping issue.

If a likely WC bound keeper could only have clean sheets in two matches our of fifteen games in youth league then not good enough for now or do we want to say Maduka is better than Alampasu.

Pls forget that team defence is poor,Ezenwa and Ajiboye were really exposed by defenders during CHAN but we still saw good performance from the duo.

I can bet it with anybody that Maduka cannot lace the boot of Ezenwa and Ajiboye when it comes to goalkeeping.

I think the guy should be for future not now but i don't know what is going through Rohr's mind and i keep on saying it hope Rohr get it right regards our goalkeeping issues.

All this our speculations.... will end in March.....
Keep faith and be patient my friend....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
My man i do not rate Simeon Moses but one thing is going for him,he is integrals member of the team through out the qualifier,so is a plus for him .

Well, there goes the sentiment folks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:48am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Oh really? Well, good for you Sir... That Mercedes model is damn too old and archaic for me. I need something with a touch of Hi-tech class and the new generation Mercedes models provide that. Mercedes is among my very favorite car brands, just for the records Elder Sir... wink

But 10 million for that 1976 piece of history? Uhmmm... Wioo rather invest that on a da Vinci painting... cheesy

My man God will bless you to afford the latest and the vintage though not easy to cough out 10m on such car.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:

If Maduka make the WC, he will not play. It will just be part of getting experience. He is just 18 years. He can certainly improve a lot.

I watched a few highlights of Maduka and I will say this, he has great potential but is not the finished article. Maduka should be groomed for the future. Ezenwa and Ajiboye do not really have much of a future in the Super Eagles because of age. We should start getting the future keepers ready.

Alampasu has not played any football this year. Alampasu also struggled to keep clean sheet in the portuguese division 3 and was dropped to the bench. Right now, i do not rate Alampasu. He is already 21, he should be showing signs of taking over.

The friendlies will show which keeper is ready.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:

I so much believe that maduka is not going to Russia, Just to register interest and have little advantage over Germans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:06am On Feb 13, 2018
kennysville:

Well, there goes the sentiment folks!
....not really sentiment but that's the fact.Coaches don't just drop player anyhow,dropping him for what?even experience Ahmed Musa sat on the bench for Simeon throughout the qualifier just to tell you he has something going for him and for Oyekwuru to displace him is a huge task.

Hope you remember how Tijani Babangida nearly made US 94 squad at the expense of Victor Ikpeba but Keshi needed to wade in at the last point as the captain of the team and told Westerhoff that Victor has been part of the team all along and whereas Finidi is the main man so why dropping a bench player for another bench player.

This later caused beef between Keshi and Tijani and if you are very observant during Keshi's reign as eagles coach he always received knocks from Tijani and Olishe who was in the picture of the whole scheme to drop Ikpeba through Bonfrere Jo's influence but Keshi stood his ground.

I'm not saying Oyekwuru is not good but when it comes to team selection a lot of things are considered before final selection is made and for now Victor Moses,Alex Iwobi,Simeon Moses and Ahmed Musa are ahead of Oyekwuru.

Even our original discussion was based on Oyekwuru playing as point man in eagles which i totally disagreed with Humility 017 and like comparing him with Iheanacho as CF is out of it cos they are wide apart.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
....not really sentiment but that's the fact.Coaches don't just drop player anyhow,dropping him for what?even experience Ahmed Musa sat on the bench for Simeon throughout the qualifier just to tell you he has something going for him and for Oyekwuru to displace him is a huge task.

Hope you remember how Tijani Babangida nearly made US 94 squad at the expense of Victor Ikpeba but Keshi needed to wade in at the last point as the captain of the team and told Westerhoff that Victor has been part of the team all along and whereas Finidi is the main man so why dropping a bench player for another bench player.

This later caused beef between Keshi and Tijani and if you are very observant during Keshi's reign as eagles coach he always received knocks from Tijani and Olishe who was in the picture of the whole scheme to drop Ikpeba through Bonfrere Jo's influence but Keshi stood his ground.

I'm not saying Oyekwuru is not good but when it comes to team selection a lot of things are considered before final selection is made and for now Victor Moses,Alex Iwobi,Simeon Moses and Ahmed Musa are ahead of Oyekwuru.

Even our original discussion was based on Oyekwuru playing as point man in eagles which i totally disagreed with Humility 017 and like comparing him with Iheanacho as CF is out of it cos they are wide apart.

I do not think this Nigerian team has a figure like the big boss. Let's not forget that Rohr dropped Omeruo (an experienced member) for a few games in the qualifiers. If a player does not perform to the coach's expectation, he will drop him.

That said, Simon Moses has proven himself to be an important part of the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2018

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

If Maduka make the WC, he will not play. It will just be part of getting experience. He is just 18 years. He can certainly improve a lot.

I watched a few highlights of Maduka and I will say this, he has great potential but is not the finished article. Maduka should be groomed for the future. Ezenwa and Ajiboye do not really have much of a future in the Super Eagles because of age. We should start getting the future keepers ready.

Alampasu has not played any football this year. Alampasu also struggled to keep clean sheet in the portuguese division 3 and was dropped to the bench. Right now, i do not rate Alampasu. He is already 21, he should be showing signs of taking over.

The friendlies will show which keeper is ready.
I don't think having Uzoho and Maduka together in the 23 man list is a good idea to me though the best camp should be picked and good enough friendlies coming up to decide the best three.

We have seen Uzoho and i would say good to go but on Maduka my man i will not deceive you it would be sentimental to rate him ahead of other keepers.

My man on Alampasu you are right but i know Alampasu but not Maduka and none of us know him until his name emerged from nowhere,so do not expect me to rate him.

Truly if we are talking about future i can tell you we have some of them who are even ahead of Maduka,keepers like Uzoho,Alampasu and Daniel,honestly the future is secured.

On Ezenwa and Ajiboye truly age is catching up but are you saying due to this they should be dropped for untested rookies for WC just cos we want to secure future.

Nigeria future is always bright when it comes to goalkeeping if not for Alloy Agu that bleep things up but i believe with Francis Uzoho, Dele Alampasu, Emma Daniel and Okoye Maduka the future is bright.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:28am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I do not think this Nigerian team has a figure like the big boss. Let's not forget that Rohr dropped Omeruo (an experienced member) for a few games in the qualifiers. If a player does not perform to the coach's expectation, he will drop him.

That said, Simon Moses has proven himself to be an important part of the team.
My point is this it will take Oyekwuru extra mile to make the team at the expense of Simeon Moses cos some believe is easy for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:28am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
I don't think having Uzoho and Maduka together in the 23 man list is a good idea to me though the best camp should be picked and good enough friendlies coming up to decide the best three.

We have seen Uzoho and i would say good to go but on Maduka my man i will not deceive you it would be sentimental to rate him ahead of other keepers.

My man on Alampasu you are right but i know Alampasu but not Maduka and none of us know him until his name emerged from nowhere,so do not expect me to rate him.

Truly if we are talking about future i can tell you we have some of them who are even ahead of Maduka,keepers like Uzoho,Alampasu and Daniel,honestly the future is secured.

On Ezenwa and Ajiboye truly age is catching up but are you saying due to this they should be dropped for untested rookies for WC just cos we want to secure future.

Nigeria future is always bright when it comes to goalkeeping if not for Alloy Agu that bleep things up but i believe with Francis Uzoho, Dele Alampasu, Emma Daniel and Okoye Maduka the future is bright.

When last did Emmanuel Daniel and Alampasu play football?

If Uzoho proves to be good enough to play as number 1 then having Maduka as a number 3 is not a bad idea. It is great for the experience. Number 3 is not going to play anyway.

Maduka Okoye's club appears to rate him highly so the ability is there. It is left to Maduka to prove himself in camp.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
My point is this it will take Oyekwuru extra mile to make the team at the expense of Simeon Moses cos some believe is easy for him.

I agree

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2018
realpoacher:

You are very wrong at the bolded and you should tender an apology for trying to misinform us

Shakespeare never found him wanting, he played KC all through the pre-season and only used him sparingly at the beginning of the season because KC had a toe injury that he was trying recover from.

Secondly, Pep never found him wanting. KC had always scored when he came on for Man City in Pep first season. He only sold him because he naturally have a dislike for tall strikers. To Pep, tall strikers are not very good strikers. [/b]He prefers normal height or short forwards.

Look at what he said about Manzukic after selling him to ATM [b]"I don't fancy his height, he is the only striker in the world who doesn't know how to score"

Check out Manzukic reply to him after arriving ATM "I don't fancy his bald head, he is the only coach in the world who doesn't know how to coach"

As for Puel, he doesn't fancy him only because he plays negative football and he is defensive minded... Try KC in an attacking team and see the results.

Watch other leagues, study and follow them,...No! You won't hear, only to come and display your ignorance and misinform us here.

Consider the bold and I ask you one question ❓ how tall is Sana how tall is KC

I could tell you more about Leicester beyond what you read in the newspapers.

Before you go to a club you do your homework you don't just look at the £££ and ask how you will fit in and progress.

Don't be decieved by diplomatic speak in the public domain. If a coach wants you to stay you will it's as simple as that, do not be decieved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

When last did Emmanuel Daniel and Alampasu play football?

If Uzoho proves to be good enough to play as number 1 then having Maduka as a number 3 is not a bad idea. It is great for the experience. Number 3 is not going to play anyway.

Maduka Okoye's club appears to rate him highly so the ability is there. It is left to Maduka to prove himself in camp.
Pls is Maduka keeping for Fortuna Dusseldorf main team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2018
safarigirl:
it is sha attached to last year's incident, so tey Pietric0 had to come and apologise again today.

You never even quarrel reach me for this thread, but you get PHD for mixing the old with the new.

Sometimes, there is more weight in few words than in plenty. You need to learn the Mayweather style of fighting- avoid your opponent's punches as much as you can, throw one punch that hits him and then allow your opponent to keep punching the air

Floyd Mayweather isn't a world champion because he threw the most punches in any fight, he never throws the most punches.

Ruminate on some of Mujtahida's words, they are loaded with wisdom. We will both return to this thread some day and feel ashamed of some of our words, so, the fewer you say, the less you will have to be ashamed of

Good night grin

Beautiful! Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

When last did Emmanuel Daniel and Alampasu play football?.
Pls is Emma Daniel and Alampasu clubless?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:57am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Pls is Emma Daniel and Alampasu clubless?

Emmanuel Daniel is clubless.

Alampasu has not kept one second this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 8:57am On Feb 13, 2018
DrKlever:
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2018
You're right man. Couple of lily-livered folks, negative reps and hypocrites on here.... wink All are three distinct classes. And nope, I am not sad in anyway, I just see the need to hammer this point through.

The only reason I stayed with this matter is simple. It is about addressing a seriously delicate matter as regards an insult to one's parent. They all claimed to have made a vow and an agreement to never allow such repeat itself without having it addressed. They said something about having each other's backs.... I only wanna rub that in their faces because all I see here is hypocrisy.

If they dont wanna listen to my call to have an insult (I speak of the second done days back) to my mom addressed without fear or favor then it only shows how hypocritical some of them are. smiley

We are also defined by what we do in the face of such nonsense. It is official that insult to someone's mom is greatly welcomed in here. It is well. wink

gbosaa:

Sometimes it’s best to ignore certain things. Pay no mind to negativity, don’t water and motivate it with long epistle and your reactions. There are people with ‘e pain am’ memes waiting to compound your sadness with those. Avoid them. Not everything is worth arguing about. Let it go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Pls is Maduka keeping for Fortuna Dusseldorf main team

Not yet but compared to Alampasu or Daniel, he is in a better place ATM.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: justvictor57(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.