Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11875411 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2018
I say amen to that Elder Sir. Lol... I understand your love for that classic but hey lemme show you something.... Check this out... It is on FP right now.
You will find a particular work of art on wheels that catches my fancy wink Not all four-wheeled Mercedes brands I love are represented there shaa...

Bonus: Uhmmm sorry no bonus. Vintage is not there. Initially thought it was. *shrugs*

https://www.nairaland.com/4344665/mercedes-benz-reveals-top-5

*modified*

Kog45:
My man God will bless you to afford the latest and the vintage though not easy to cough out 10m on such car.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:
My predictions for the WC groups (My African bias is evident)

A: Uruguay Egypt
B: Portugal Morocco (Spain knocked out, first shock)
C: France Peru
D: Nigeria, Croatia
E. Brazil, Switzerland
F: Germany, Mexico
G: Belgium, England
H: Senegal Columbia

you're not far from the truth Big bro...
I told someone Morocco likely to qualify from that group...they're Africa favorite in the mundial....going by what I saw their CHAN team play....
renard (Morocco team A coach) just need to absolve some of the CHAN team players into the main team and the Morocco world cup team will be a hit...

unlike your prediction I see Spain going wit Morocco into the second round...

for the first time africa likely gonna get up to 4 teams in the round of 16.....
how I wish Tunisia was as strong as Morocco England won't qualify from that group....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2018
LieDetector:
grin

hope you're not being pessimistic?

same amokachi made Similiar statement...
I believe same...Africa teams gonna shock the world come June/July this year.

i foresee the possibility of either Nigeria or morocco posing a surprise to many....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:24am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Pls i want us to be realistic when it comes to considering players for certain positions.

Henry Oyekwuru no doubt a good player scoring goals with ease in Belgium league but a very fringe player in Super eagles meaning his place in 23 man list is not sure even in his normal position talk less of CF.

We know players Rohr rate unless we don't want to say it,so Oyekwuru will need to work extremely hard to make the team and making the team would not be as CF,Rohr will never try it.

Hope you remember that Oyekwuru couldn't do it as CF in his club and his coach pointed it out but as a winger the guy is damn good.

In eagle he has good competitors in Simeon Moses, Ahmed Musa,Victor Moses and possibly Alex Iwobi,just to tell you making the team is a big task for him.Remember the same player is out for now due to injury.

yeah...since rohr gonna draft from a 35 man list...the possibility of him.making the cut...is there...

he is a very ambitious player...someone who has lofty dreams and he is hardworking...I believe he gonna fight for his place...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

you're not far from the truth Big bro...
I told someone Morocco likely to qualify from that group...they're Africa favorite in the mundial....going by what I saw their CHAN team play....
renard (Morocco team A coach) just need to absolve some of the CHAN team players into the main team and the Morocco world cup team will be a hit...

unlike your prediction I see Spain going wit Morocco into the second round...

for the first time africa likely gonna get up to 4 teams in the round of 16.....
how I wish Tunisia was as strong as Morocco England won't qualify from that group....

CHAN is a low level tournament. Players that shine in CHAN might not shine with better teams. Morocco already has one of the strongest African side. Remember, they conceded no goal in WC qualifying.

Ejike Uzeonyi was looking like lionel messi in CHAN. When he faced better opposition, he was no where.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Not yet but compared to Alampasu or Daniel, he is in a better place ATM.
Better place?pls explain cos Maduka is keeping in junior regional west league equivalent of division 4 not even in top 3 with fortuna Dusseldorf.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:36am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

When last did Emmanuel Daniel and Alampasu play football?

If Uzoho proves to be good enough to play as number 1 then having Maduka as a number 3 is not a bad idea. It is great for the experience. Number 3 is not going to play anyway.

Maduka Okoye's club appears to rate him highly so the ability is there. It is left to Maduka to prove himself in camp.

there is this young nigerian goalkeeper in the Israeli league, heard his clubside wants to turn him into the next best thing after sliced bread. If you ask me, he is the one who deserves that 3rd spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:41am On Feb 13, 2018
^^^

That young Nigerian GK is Akpan David Udoh.... I have given him some reviews on this thread a few times.

He belongs to the Nigerian 2015 U-17 class. wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Better place?pls explain cos Maduka is keeping in junior regional west league equivalent of division 4 not even in top 3 with fortuna Dusseldorf.

Alamapasu and Daniel are not playing at all.

Okoye is 18 years old and playing with the under 19s. It is like drafting an under 20 keeper to the first team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:43am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

CHAN is a low level tournament. Players that shine in CHAN might not shine with better teams. Morocco already has one of the strongest African side. Remember, they conceded no goal in WC qualifying.

Ejike Uzeonyi was looking like lionel messi in CHAN. When he faced better opposition, he was no where.
I understand...you bro...

but mind you..that Morocco team in the last Chan was way better and more technical than the men keshi paraded in south Africa Chan of 2014....

for a player to score 9 goals in such a tourney is not an easy fit.
there will always be like 2-4 players to be drafted into the main team from that Morocco team I saw in Chan...

had it been Nigeria paraded such a team I tell you....it would be easy for rohr to pick at least 2 players into the main team....

I understand your stance about ejike...but in that Morocco team....you will see players of better quality and techniques than him...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:44am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

yeah...since rohr gonna draft from a 35 man list...the possibility of him.making the cut...is there...

he is a very ambitious player...someone who has lofty dreams and he is hardworking...I believe he gonna fight for his place...
Definitely 35 man list would be rolled out but just 5 slots remain to be grabbed for fringe and new players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

there is this young nigerian goalkeeper in the Israeli league, heard his clubside wants to turn him into the next best thing after sliced bread. If you ask me, he is the one who deserves that 3rd spot

Akpan Udoh just joined the Israeli club and is still playing with the youth team too.

Rohr is more in tune with German football. You can guarantee that Maduka is getting the best education. Hopefully, he becomes good.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2018
According to ANS, it seems Daniel Akpeyi has also been invited for the friendlies in march.....

Ah well.... the experience crew right now.... They be like, "Well, we told you so...."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Alamapasu and Daniel are not playing at all.

Okoye is 18 years old and playing with the under 19s. It is like drafting an under 20 keeper to the first team.
Are you saying is better to be keeping in youth team than be in main squad even as third keeper slug it out daily in training with number one keeper.

I don't think age is the issue cos as a professional if you are ready to go age cannot disturb you,a good coach would throw you in e.g De Gea,Courtious etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:49am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Definitely 35 man list would be rolled out but just 5 slots remain to grab for fringe and new players .
says who?
sir mind you...we gonna see lot of changes prior the tournament...though I am so happy for musa......pray he stay fit..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
According to ANS, it seems Daniel Akpeyi has also been invited for the friendlies in march.....

Ah well.... the experience crew right now.... They be like, "Well, we told you so...."
one slot just wasted on akpeyi...
hope rohr is not planning of taking him to the world cup....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:51am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

says who?
sir mind you...we gonna see lot of changes prior the tournament...though I am so happy for musa......pray he stay fit..
Pls go back to WC cup team selection history not only in Nigeria but across the globe then you would agree with me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:52am On Feb 13, 2018
I agree to this. Players like Hadraf (the no.7) and that no.11 and 10 are very good technically. But shaa making the Moroccan WC Squad will be hellish for most of those CHAN winning players from Morocco. Morocco has a very strong foreign contingent especially in their midfield. I reckon Morocco to have one of Africa's best midfield forces right now with Ziyech, El-Ahmadi, and Bossoufa

Humility017:

I understand...you bro...

but mind you..that Morocco team in the last Chan was way better and more technical than the men keshi paraded in south Africa Chan of 2014....

for a player to score 9 goals in such a tourney is not an easy fit.
there will always be like 2-4 players to be drafted into the main team from that Morocco team I saw in Chan...

had it been Nigeria paraded such a team I tell you....it would be easy for rohr to pick at least 2 players into the main team....

I understand your stance about ejike...but in that Morocco team....you will see players of better quality and techniques than him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:52am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
^^^

That young Nigerian GK is Akpan David Udoh.... I have given him some reviews on this thread a few times.

He belongs to the Nigerian 2015 U-17 class. wink
I remember him...the lad was still in secondary school during that tourney...

pray he is well groomed...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I agree to this. Players like Hadraf (the no.7) and that no.11 and 10 are very good technically. But shaa making the Moroccan WC Squad will be hellish for most of those CHAN winning players from Morocco. Morocco has a very strong foreign contingent especially in their midfield. I reckon Morocco to have one of Africa's best midfield forces right now with Ziyech, El-Ahmadi, and Bossoufa

I have not been opportuned to watch Morocco team A play...going by you guys assertions here...it means that team is a bomb...and some persons are underrating them...

I see them posing a shocker in that world cup group...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
Pls go back to WC cup team selection history not only in Nigeria but across the globe then you would agree with me.

no problem sir....
I see wisdom in your words though
remember the last keshi list was otherwise...
the likes of ideye,nosa igiebor and more were dropped for the likes of uchebo,Gabriel,nwafor,babatunde etc we never saw during the qualifiers..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

one slot just wasted on akpeyi...
hope rohr is not planning of taking him to the world cup....
Hope Rohr just get it right and it seems icon4s is winning oh cos he keep on saying it that it would not be easy taking rookies especially keepers keeping in division three and four in Europe to WC but let see what will happen during friendlies though i want to see more of Uzoho.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

no problem sir....
I see wisdom in your words though
remember the last keshi list was otherwise...
the likes of ideye,nosa igiebor and more were dropped for the likes of uchebo,Gabriel,nwafor,babatunde etc we never saw during the qualifiers..
That Keshi decision was the most stupid for any coach to do,after winning Afcon Keshi choose destructive way and destroyed his own team,no coach would bring 7 to 10 new players in to his team and have successful tournament.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

I have not been opportuned to watch Morocco team A play...going by you guys assertions here...it means that team is a bomb...and some persons are underrating them...

Even German coach rate Morocco highly and watching their CHAN team should tell you that they are solid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I keep on telling guys that until Rohr say no more Akpeyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Yeah.... Take a look at a few reviews our Nigerian soccer sites have given him in recent times...

From ScoreNigeria (I recall dropping this report on this thread many many many pages ago):
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/11/israeli-club-bnei-sakhnin-to-make-akpan-udoh-world-no-1-hire-personal-trainer-for-u17-world-championscorenigeria-can-exclusively-reveal-israeli-club-bnei-saknin-plan-to-make-golden-eaglets-u17-world/

Then from OGN:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/18/ex-nigeria-u17-goalkeeper-udoh-wins-another-man-of-the-match-award-in-israel/

I think Ihud Bnei Sakhnin means business with this lad of ours. We hope for the best.

Humility017:

I remember him...the lad was still in secondary school during that tourney...

pray he is well groomed...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2018
Honestly, I saw this coming but I just didn't want to admit it... angry
Chief Icon4s did hint that Akpeyi is still in the picture and I too gave him just little mention not because I rate him but because I was trying to just see things from Rohr's angle.

Honestly, Rohr's mind is his... Maybe Sir Tbaba1234 can update his "battle of the goalies" little documentary if Akpeyi's invitation is indeed confirmed. Lol

This is just getting more interesting.

Kog45:
I keep on telling guys that until Rohr say no more Akpeyi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Seems like Ezenwa and Uzoho will take d remaining two GK spots then...

But Leukemia no try sha... if we had Ikeme,we won't be worrying so much about Akpeyi...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17am On Feb 13, 2018
I've watched them a couple of times and u can tell you for a start that their strongest quality is how compact they are even with their beautiful quality in defence and midfield especially.

But I won't lie to you... Morocco has a huge mountain to climb in Russia. Not impossible for them but will be quite tasking against Spain and Portugal. Wishing our Moroccan brothers the best.

Humility017:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19am On Feb 13, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Interesting.. would like to see his pic

Type Kingsley Ehizibue and you will see the picture.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:20am On Feb 13, 2018
forgiveness:

I don't need to prove myself. Go back and check my post.

I don know Ebuehi, Brian Idowu, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme Aina, etc tey tey before many monikers here and they are not English.

I can tell you Balogun 's position at his earlier stage of his career. I still remember one of his interview when he was still in his early 20s. Shift comot for road.

Is Sheyi Ojo a SS, ST, AMF or LW that you are comparing him with Onyekuru and Iwobi?

You see yaself? grin

So for ya eyes, Arsenal and Manchester City are bigger clubs than Liverpool? grin Chai! grin

Arsenal of all clubs!? shocked grin

Alex Iwobi was an academy player when he made his debut for the Super Eagles. He was never a first teamer for Arsenal before he made the Super Eagles team. GBAM!

SE ressurected and propelled the career of Alex Iwobi. The English under aged national team coach never rated him hence was ignored for invitation.

If he didn't become an international player with the SE, dem for down deem him surplus to requirement.

I remembered the game he shined for the Super Eagles forced Wenger to renew his contract. GBAM! EOD.

I am saying this for clarification sake and not to put down Iwobi. I don't mind we cap a potential FB or a FB that has worked his way to a big club bench. EOD

I thought UK breed are useless. So, Iwobi is from Somalia, ba? shocked grin

Give Chuba Akpoma two caps and if he eventually scores 2 - 4 goals, watch how Wenger go rush put am for first team.

National team promotes players career.

Look at the case of Ehizibue and Ebuehi. Who was the better player btw them? Off course,, Ehizibue but who is getting a better contract and club? Ebuehi. EOD

Sheyi Ojo didn't start the season with Wigan, he was sent on loan to Wigan on February 2015.

Now, ask yourself, how many games were left to play after he joined? 17 league games.

Meaning he joined at the middle of the season. If you add 17 games played before he came to the 17 games left after he came, it sums to 34 games.

Are you understanding now? grin

Now, how many games did he play out of the 17 games left? 11 games.

'Having made a number of appearances on Liverpool's bench over the festive period, Ojo joined Wigan Athletic on loan on 2 February 2015.[7] Five days later, he made his professional debut coming on as a 59th-minute substitute for Wigan in a Championship match against AFC Bournemouth, with Wigan naming Ojo as their Man of the Match after he had a positive impact on the game'

The next season, he was loaned out to another Championship team but was called back to Liverpool's first team. Just do your arithmetic as I did up there.

After that season, the next season saw him stayed at Liverpool but injury recked that season for him. I am talking about last season.....

By the way, we are talking about Liverpool not small small clubs. grin

Oga, Iheanacho flopped at the U20 stage. EOD

Na only Dele Alli you sabi? Shows you are ignorant about the facts on ground.

I you heard of John Fashanu and Ugo Ehiogu? grin

I have not mention Victor Banjor, Ross Barkley, Gabby etc. My friend, you don't know anything. grin

John Fashanu 2 caps for england and Ugo ehiogu 4 caps,how is that great? I dont need to argue with someone who consider failure as a success,if they are good enough they will make many appearance for england,Gabby Agbonlahor and fash did not even go to a major competition with england you are here saying nonsense,so any player that play 2 or 4 games for england are great in your eyes,you just cant hide your mediocre,its in you.

None of this player you mentioned was called up for an European championship or a world cup,where is agbonlahor for the past 5 years? and you call that succes? someone that cannot make aston villa team anymore.

Dont support iwobi oo,lol support seyi ojo you never mentioned iwobi since till now that you are over pained.

What has your darling liverpool won for the past 10 years? no premier league no fa cup,lol, i guess that is the reason suarez masherano and recently coutiho ended up at barca

Because you are a Liverpool fan does not mean any player there is good,even your club captain henderson is crap,just because he is english thats why he is favored

The only way your seyi ojo can make super eagles maybe he will be a goal keeper.

Seyi ojo is a winger,henry onyekuru is a winger who can also play as a striker,iwobi is a winger and an Attacking Midfielder,you dont even know about your seyi ojo,Lol,thats why a guy here call you old man, or you want him to contest for the defense position,Lol

Go sleep for bush,i cannot be talking to someone who considered 2 caps for england and 4 caps as great,LOW IQ

Mind you if iwobi plays for england his will have about 7 appearance now in this past 2 years,not those ones that you call great that no one has up to 5 caps,lol SHAME ON YOU,OLD MAN THINKING,i hope you are not 90 years,over and out

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I've watched them a couple of times and u can tell you for a start that their strongest quality is how compact they are even with their beautiful quality in defence and midfield especially.

But I won't lie to you... Morocco has a huge mountain to climb in Russia. Not impossible for them but will be quite tasking against Spain and Portugal. Wishing our Moroccan brothers the best.

Portugal may not make it...

No matter how some people try to deny it Portugal still remains a Ronaldo dependent team....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.