Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11876211 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2018
andrew444:

John Fashanu 2 caps for england and Ugo ehiogu 4 caps,how is that great? I dont need to argue with someone who consider failure as a success,if they are good enough they will make many appearance for england,Gabby Agbonlahor and fash did not even go to a major competition with england you are here saying nonsense,so any player that play 2 or 4 games for england are great in your eyes,you just cant hide your mediocre,its in you.

None of this player you mentioned was called up for an European championship or a world cup,where is agbonlahor for the past 5 years? and you call that succes? someone that cannot make aston villa team anymore.

Dont support iwobi oo,lol support seyi ojo you never mentioned iwobi since till now that you are over pained.

What has your darling liverpool won for the past 10 years? no premier league no fa cup,lol, i guess that is the reason suarez masherano and recently coutiho ended up at barca

Because you are a Liverpool fan does not mean any player there is good,even your club captain henderson is crap,just because he is english thats why he is favored

The only way your seyi ojo can make super eagles maybe he will be a goal keeper.

Seyi ojo is a winger,henry onyekuru is a winger who can also play as a striker,iwobi is a winger and an Attacking Midfielder,you dont even know about your seyi ojo,Lol,thats why a guy here call you old man, or you want him to contest for the defense position,Lol

Go sleep for bush,i cannot be talking to someone who considered 2 caps for england and 4 caps as great,LOW IQ

Mind you if iwobi plays for england his will have about 7 appearance now in this past 2 years,not those ones that you call great that no one has up to 5 caps,lol SHAME ON YOU,OLD MAN THINKING,i hope you are not 90 years,over and out

Abeg,don't insult my Liverpool like that... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, I saw this coming but I just didn't want to admit it... angry
Chief Icon4s did hint that Akpeyi is still in the picture and I too gave him just little mention not because I rate him but because I was trying to just see things from Rohr's angle.

Honestly, Rohr's mind is his... Maybe Sir Tbaba1234 can update his "battle of the goalies" little documentary if Akpeyi's invitation is indeed confirmed. Lol

This is just getting more interesting.

My man you are right but it seems as a fan we always let emotions reign supremely in our analysis and this should stop so that we can learn more here.

I will not deceive you we are not having it good in goalkeeping department,that's the truth cos a situation we are banking on a keeper keeping in regional league equivalent of division four for WC meaning we are in serious crisis.

Uzoho too is not finding it funny but we keep on rating him with performance in division three and now Uzoho is the fourth keeper in Deportivo though his 45 minutes against Argentina waa awesome,hope next friendly we see more of him.

Alampasu still number three in his club,not really good for his development just having training with main team meaning is match rusty.

Maduka from nowhere with no clear performance came into reckoning and guys believe he has what it takes to mann eagles post but forgetting this guy is keeping in junior regional league equivalent of division 4.

Ezenwa an home based keeper who some believe is not the best in local league but always find his way to national team but had a good WC qualifier exvept Algeria match,aso his performance against Angola at CHAN was damn good but till now Rohr doesn't truth him

Ajiboye another home based not rated by Rohr even Ezenwa the number one was not trusted by the same man.He had a good performance at CHAN especially against Sudan but can we trust him after seeing him against Morocco.

Now Akpeyi who Rohr rate highly but till today has not able to satisfy Rohr and his grace continue if truly he is on the list for March friendly.

Enyeama not coming back and if he does can we really trust him again cos out of active football for more than six months due to injury and walking straight to starting lineup might be disastrous just like what happened to Rufai at France 98.

Ikeme should have been the solution but health issue did not let us enjoy a good keeper.

Goalkeeping issue just too dicey and Rohr must made up his mind on time cos WC is approaching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2018
andrew444:

John Fashanu 2 caps for england and Ugo ehiogu 4 caps,how is that great? I dont need to argue with someone who consider failure as a success,if they are good enough they will make many appearance for england,Gabby Agbonlahor and fash did not even go to a major competition with england you are here saying nonsense,so any player that play 2 or 4 games for england are great in your eyes,you just cant hide your mediocre,its in you.

None of this player you mentioned was called up for an European championship or a world cup,where is agbonlahor for the past 5 years? and you call that succes? someone that cannot make aston villa team anymore.

Dont support iwobi oo,lol support seyi ojo you never mentioned iwobi since till now that you are over pained.

What has your darling liverpool won for the past 10 years? no premier league no fa cup,lol, i guess that is the reason suarez masherano and recently coutiho ended up at barca

Because you are a Liverpool fan does not mean any player there is good,even your club captain henderson is crap,just because he is english thats why he is favored

The only way your seyi ojo can make super eagles maybe he will be a goal keeper.

Seyi ojo is a winger,henry onyekuru is a winger who can also play as a striker,iwobi is a winger and an Attacking Midfielder,you dont even know about your seyi ojo,Lol,thats why a guy here call you old man, or you want him to contest for the defense position,Lol

Go sleep for bush,i cannot be talking to someone who considered 2 caps for england and 4 caps as great,LOW IQ

Mind you if iwobi plays for england his will have about 7 appearance now in this past 2 years,not those ones that you call great that no one has up to 5 caps,lol SHAME ON YOU,OLD MAN THINKING,i hope you are not 90 years,over and out
No Andrew i always see you as a good football analyst and full of respect but you are being harsh here,just take it cool coz we want to learn from you guys not trading words.Respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:49am On Feb 13, 2018
If Portugal don't bring their A-game beyond a "C.Ronaldo savior" mentality then yeah, not only Morocco but Iran may shock Portugal by taking a point off them.

Morocco is a pretty solid team and can shock Portugal no doubt if they play it right.

Danielnino00:

Portugal may not make it...

No matter how some people try to deny it Portugal still remains a Ronaldo dependent team....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:51am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
No Andrew i always see you as a good football analyst and full of respect but you are being harsh here,just take it cool coz we want to learn from you guys not trading words.Respect.

I will stop that I promise,respect,God bless

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:52am On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Abeg,don't insult my Liverpool like that... grin grin

Baba no vex for me,Liverpool na fine team but Barca for life

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 10:59am On Feb 13, 2018
Humility017:

hope you're not being pessimistic?

same amokachi made Similiar statement...
I believe same...Africa teams gonna shock the world come June/July this year.

i foresee the possibility of either Nigeria or morocco posing a surprise to many....
Agreeably. Yes we can shock the world. It's a probability. Doesn't mean we should rule out the possibility of having a woeful world cup outing. It's a 50-50 chance bro. What makes some teams progress as far as getting to the semis or final is PREPARATION and The class of players you have at your disposal. I'm not a pessimist but a realist. I don't want to place much expectation on our lads considering the two things I factored out earlier. Just get past the group stage into the round of 16. Any other feat after that is a bonus and I will be comfortably Ok with it. Let's not get our hopes high.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:05am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
My man you are right but it seems as a fan we always let emotions reign supremely in our analysis and this should stop so that we can learn more here.

I will not deceive you we are not having it good in goalkeeping department,that's the truth cos a situation we are banking on a keeper keeping in regional league equivalent of division four for WC meaning we are in serious crisis.

Uzoho too is not finding it funny but we keep on rating him with performance in division three and now Uzoho is the fourth keeper in Deportivo though his 45 minutes against Argentina is awesome,hope next friendly we see more of him.

Alampasu still number three in his club,not really good for his development just having training with main team meaning is match rusty.

Maduka from nowhere with no clear performance came into reckoning and guys believe he has what it takes to mann eagles post but forgetting this guy is keeping in junior regional league equivalent of division 4.

Ezenwa an home based keeper who some believe is not the best in local league but always find his way to national team but had a good WC qualifier exvept Algeria match,aso his performance against Angola at CHAN was damn good but till now Rohr doesn't truth him

Ajiboye another home based not rated by Rohr even Ezenwa the number one was not trusted by the same man.He had a good performance at CHAN especially against Sudan but can we trust him after seeing him against Morocco.

Now Akpeyi who Rohr rate highly but till today has not able to satisfy Rohr and his grace continue if truly he is on the list for March friendly.

Enyeama not coming back and if he does can we really trust him again cos out of active football for more than six months due to injury and walking straight to starting lineup might be disastrous just like what happened to Rufai at France 98.

Ikeme should have been the solution but health issue did not let us enjoy a good keeper.

Goalkeeping issue just too dicey and Rohr must made up his mind on time cos WC is approaching.

You don talk am finish.... Just one thing I wanna correct. Like I said when defending Uzoho's 45-mins show against Argentina, his show was very decent, neat and composed but I won't use the word awesome just yet. We will get to see him in more games shaa alongside other goalie options and Rohr will make his choices.

On your analysis..... I say...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Akpan Udoh just joined the Israeli club and is still playing with the youth team too.

Rohr is more in tune with German football. You can guarantee that Maduka is getting the best education. Hopefully, he becomes good.

how is Maduka getting the better education? I mean this boy's club literally bought a top class coach for him. See you can attend the best medical school in the world but someone who employs Keith Moore as a personal tutor is going to beat you in just about any anatomical exam. I believe Maduka is in the better system but Akpan for me is getting the better education. Also, considering the fact that his club was willing to hire a personal coach for him shows the huge potential he has and if anyone deserves the confidence boost, it is him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:26am On Feb 13, 2018
Kog45:
That Keshi decision was the most stupid for any coach to do,after winning Afcon Keshi choose destructive way and destroyed his own team,no coach would bring 7 to 10 new players in to his team and have successful tournament.

we made the round of 16 and barely lost out to France, wasn't that a success?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:39am On Feb 13, 2018
forgiveness:

I don't need to prove myself. Go back and check my post.

I don know Ebuehi, Brian Idowu, Leon Balogun, Carl Ikeme Aina, etc tey tey before many monikers here and they are not English.

I can tell you Balogun 's position at his earlier stage of his career. I still remember one of his interview when he was still in his early 20s. Shift comot for road.

Is Sheyi Ojo a SS, ST, AMF or LW that you are comparing him with Onyekuru and Iwobi?

You see yaself? grin

So for ya eyes, Arsenal and Manchester City are bigger clubs than Liverpool? grin Chai! grin

Arsenal of all clubs!? shocked grin

[/b]Alex Iwobi was an academy player when he made his debut for the Super Eagles. He was never a first teamer for Arsenal before he made the Super Eagles team. GBAM[b]!

SE ressurected and propelled the career of Alex Iwobi. The English under aged national team coach never rated him hence was ignored for invitation.

If he didn't become an international player with the SE, dem for down deem him surplus to requirement.

I remembered the game he shined for the Super Eagles forced Wenger to renew his contract. GBAM! EOD.

I am saying this for clarification sake and not to put down Iwobi. I don't mind we cap a potential FB or a FB that has worked his way to a big club bench. EOD

I thought UK breed are useless. So, Iwobi is from Somalia, ba? shocked grin

Give Chuba Akpoma two caps and if he eventually scores 2 - 4 goals, watch how Wenger go rush put am for first team.

National team promotes players career.

Look at the case of Ehizibue and Ebuehi. Who was the better player btw them? Off course,, Ehizibue but who is getting a better contract and club? Ebuehi. EOD

Sheyi Ojo didn't start the season with Wigan, he was sent on loan to Wigan on February 2015.

Now, ask yourself, how many games were left to play after he joined? 17 league games.

Meaning he joined at the middle of the season. If you add 17 games played before he came to the 17 games left after he came, it sums to 34 games.

Are you understanding now? grin

Now, how many games did he play out of the 17 games left? 11 games.

'Having made a number of appearances on Liverpool's bench over the festive period, Ojo joined Wigan Athletic on loan on 2 February 2015.[7] Five days later, he made his professional debut coming on as a 59th-minute substitute for Wigan in a Championship match against AFC Bournemouth, with Wigan naming Ojo as their Man of the Match after he had a positive impact on the game'

The next season, he was loaned out to another Championship team but was called back to Liverpool's first team. Just do your arithmetic as I did up there.

After that season, the next season saw him stayed at Liverpool but injury recked that season for him. I am talking about last season.....

By the way, we are talking about Liverpool not small small clubs. grin

Oga, Iheanacho flopped at the U20 stage. EOD

Na only Dele Alli you sabi? Shows you are ignorant about the facts on ground.

I you heard of John Fashanu and Ugo Ehiogu? grin

I have not mention Victor Banjor, Ross Barkley, Gabby etc. My friend, you don't know anything. grin

Iwobi was already shining with the reserves and got promoted before he made his debut for us. He scored against Lyon during preseason and Wenger refused to let him leave on loan.
Wenger refused to let him play for the Olympic team and that's when we invited him to SE.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/31/arsene-wenger-england-arsenal-alex-iwobi-roy-hodgson-burnley-fa-cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 11:41am On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Thank you sah!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2018
realpoacher:

You are very wrong at the bolded and you should tender an apology for trying to misinform us

Shakespeare never found him wanting, he played KC all through the pre-season and only used him sparingly at the beginning of the season because KC had a toe injury that he was trying recover from.

Secondly, Pep never found him wanting. KC had always scored when he came on for Man City in Pep first season.[/b] He only sold him because he naturally have a dislike for tall strikers. To Pep, tall strikers are not very good strikers. He prefers normal height or short forwards.[b]

Look at what he said about Manzukic after selling him to ATM "I don't fancy his height, he is the only striker in the world who doesn't know how to score"

Check out Manzukic reply to him after arriving ATM "I don't fancy his bald head, he is the only coach in the world who doesn't know how to coach"

As for Puel, he doesn't fancy him only because he plays negative football and he is defensive minded... Try KC in an attacking team and see the results.

Watch other leagues, study and follow them,...No! You won't hear, only to come and display your ignorance and misinform us here.
Not true. Pep had no problems with Lewandowski who is 6'1 and just as tall as Nacho (according to wiki sha). Pep wasn't just impressed with his allround game. He only saw him as a poacher.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2018
The Akpeyi that plays for Chippa United is not a bad goalie to take to the WC. However, that Akpeyi automatically disappears as soon as any Jersey with Green and White touches his skin.
This guy would probably faint from stage fright if he starts at the world cup. Rohr needs to hire a world class psychologist for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2018
mazimee:
I heard Liverpool budgeted 54 million pounds for Wilfred Ndaidai, imagine if he was English.
Ndidi plus Naby Keita and maybe Lemar...Liverpool are not playing around oo. They'll challenge for the title next season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

Ndidi plus Naby Keita and maybe Lemar...Liverpool are not playing around oo. They'll challenge for the title next season

As a Liverpool fan,I'm tired of hearing about next season abeg...
we will become serious title contenders if Klopp can fix the defence and let go of some of his ego..

I'm quite excited about having Ndidi in the squad though.. I'm not sure how true the rumours are cus Klopp isn't usually shy to make his transfer targets publicly...
We already have Keita coming in the summer,so I dunno where Ndidi will fit in... maybe as a CMF or backup for Keita
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

we will become serious title contenders if Klopp can fix the defence and let go of some of his ego..

I'm quite excited about having Ndidi in the squad though.. I'm not sure how true the rumours are cus Klopp isn't usually shy to make his transfer targets publicly...
We already have Keita coming in the summer,so I dunno where Ndidi will fit in... maybe as a CMF or backup for Keita
Lol Ndidi as back up to Keita ko. Indeed!! undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

Not true. Pep had no problems with Lewandowski who is 6'1 and just as tall as Nacho (according to wiki sha). Pep wasn't just impressed with his allround game. He only saw him as a poacher.

Nacho is 5'11 which makes this talk of Pep disliking tall strikers a far-fetched one to me.

PS: disregard Wiki when it comes to players height
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

You guys on the rise compared to useless Arsenal. Good thing you guys got Van Dijk. All is left is a keeper and DM. I don't think your full backs are bad sef. Keita is more of an attacking play so he wouldn't be in competition with Ndidi. It'll be something like Ndidi/Gini/Henderson - Ox/Lallana/Lemar - Keita

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

where will Ndidi play? Ndidi going to Liverpool will be the worst mistake of his life. You have a coach who is always going to play a 4-3-3. In the middle you only have room for one destroyer(which is what Ndidi is), then consider the fact that you also have Naby Keita coming in who is a destroyer plus a brilliant ball player. I think this talk should die down until the transfer window comes around then we can see the clubs who actually have a deficiency in their DMF role and who are willing to take Ndidi. For me though, Leicester remains the best club for him

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
DrKlever:

Don't let sentiments cloud ur judgement yet... like I said,Klopp hasn't said anything on Keita. and the numerous Liverpool pages I follow don't have much details on that yet...

Klopp chased Keita all summer cus he needed him badly...
Ndidi is a DMF. he may have been deployed as a CMF sometimes for Nigeria but he is still a CMF.. the CMF role at Liverpool is for Hendo... And Keita will b d undisputed first choice in DMF .

for all we know,d deal mayn't happen self..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Nacho is 5'11 which makes this talk of Pep disliking tall strikers a far-fetched one to me.

PS: disregard Wiki when it comes to players height
I was wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me. Nacho as tall as Lewandowski
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

Well with intact 2013 afcon team with few changes at WC may be we would be talking about qtr final now.

Remember 2nd round record belonged to Westerhoff though Keshi equal it which to me is not a failure,hope Rohr would surpasses it cos anything short of qtr final not really good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

where will Ndidi play? Ndidi going to Liverpool will be the worst mistake of his life. You have a coach who is always going to play a 4-3-3. In the middle you only have room for one destroyer(which is what Ndidi is), then consider the fact that you also have Naby Keita coming in who is a destroyer plus a brilliant ball player. I think this talk should die down until the transfer window comes around then we can see the clubs who actually have a deficiency in their DMF role and who are willing to take Ndidi. For me though, Leicester remains the best club for him
Naby isn't necessarily a destroyer. He's much closer to Pogba if anything. Dude even plays on the wing sometimes.
Where it'll be difficult for him is if Liverpool sign Lemar as well. I can see Ndidi being Emre Can's replacement. Henderson will be the only one able to play as a DM if Emre leaves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

You guys on the rise compared to useless Arsenal. Good thing you guys got Van Dijk. All is left is a keeper and DM. I don't think your full backs are bad sef. Keita is more of an attacking play so he wouldn't be in competition with Ndidi. It'll be something like Ndidi/Gini/Henderson - Ox/Lallana/Lemar - Keita

Klopp has been using the 4-3-3 formation since he arrived at LFC... only a few times has he reverted to 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-2..

Next season I expect our lineup to b like this..

GK

Robertson/Moreno (LB)
Van Djik
Matip/new CB)
Clyne/TAA/Gomez

Keita
Hendo(he is an undisputed starter,no matter his terrible form.. Lucas's departure from d club is d reason he has been deployed as a DMF this season...)
Ox/Or any AmF

Mane
Salah
Firmino

You are right about Keita being attacking minded but Klopp bought him specifically for the DMF role and that's where he will play... I don't see where Ndidi will fit in the starting XI.. Klopp won't bench Henderson for him trust me..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
DrKlever:
Are you saying Ndidi is better or they play different positions??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

I was wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me. Nacho as tall as Lewandowski

the problem is that the guy quoted it like it is a known fact! How is Iheanacho a tall striker?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
Danielnino00:

Klopp has been using the 4-3-3 formation since he arrived at LFC... only a few times has he reverted to 4-3-2-1 or 4-4-2..

Next season I expect our lineup to b like this..

GK

Robertson/Moreno (LB)
Van Djik
Matip/new CB)
Clyne/TAA/Gomez

Keita
Hendo(he is an undisputed starter,no matter his terrible form.. Lucas's departure from d club is d reason he has been deployed as a DMF this season...)
Ox/Or any AmF

Mane
Salah
Firmino

You are right about Keita being attacking minded but Klopp bought him specifically for the DMF role and that's where he will play... I don't see where Ndidi will fit in the starting XI.. Klopp won't bench Henderson for him trust me..
If Klopp is buying Keita for DM role then he's making a big mistake. I've seen many English pundits compare him to Kante but they're nothing alike. For me, it should be DM - Hendo - Keita or Hendo - Ox/Lallana - Keita. Ndidi would get a decent amount of games rotating like the Ox those.
Best if he chills at Leicester...I just don't want him staying too long there like Mahrez
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

apart from babatunde. ...who else amongst the Rockies played really good football in that world cup...?
uchebo,Gabriel, nwafor, agbim,shola etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mickael2:

the problem is that the guy quoted it like it is a known fact! How is Iheanacho a tall striker?
Yeah that was surprising. The Pep quote on Mandzukic is what I tried looking for. All he had to say was Pep doesn't work well with target men and poachers but I guess that'd go against the narrative some have about Nacho on here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

If Klopp is buying Keita for DM role then he's making a big mistake. I've seen many English pundits compare him to Kante but they're nothing alike. For me, it should be DM - Hendo - Keita or Hendo - Ox/Lallana - Keita. Ndidi would get a decent amount of games rotating like the Ox those.
Best if he chills at Leicester...I just don't want him staying too long there like Mahrez

Hendo's poor form this season is largely because he is being deployed as a DMF.. He is naturally an CMF.. Not that he is a great player anyway. but he is the captain and an undisputed starter...
I don't think Klopp will care much what the pundits say about Keita cus he will surely play him in DMF..

I'd prefer if Ndidi stays at Leicester and keep having some good games than to come to Liverpool and be benched by some inconsistent players like Gini and Hendo..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
edi287:

Naby isn't necessarily a destroyer. He's much closer to Pogba if anything. Dude even plays on the wing sometimes.
Where it'll be difficult for him is if Liverpool sign Lemar as well. I can see Ndidi being Emre Can's replacement. Henderson will be the only one able to play as a DM if Emre leaves

Keita is more of a Kroos kinda player not exactly Pogba. Kroos has thrived as a DMF in a counter attacking system under Ancelloti and coincidentally, that is the kind of system Klopp employs.

Then who is the back-up to Mohammed Salah? We don't even know his name because he has probably not played up to three games this season, that should tel you a lot about Klopp's rotational policy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), zicky(m), Kundistrict(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.