Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11834219 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (16235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2018
DrKlever:
lol in just one night dude saw three weeks event. malaria grin

cheesy grin grin cheesy
The malaria strong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemi1: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2018
nelszx:

How many weeks did this dream cummulate from?
Na 3 weeks you dream so oo
I don't talk wetin i see for dream.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:31am On Mar 02, 2018
Danielnino00:
Happy new month to all members of the thread... grin ...
Here are some things to look forward to this new month...

- March friendlies list
- World cup trophy tour in Lagos
- World cup trophy tour in Abuja
- March friendlies (the big thing grin)

and of course,my birthday grin grin
Happy birthday my man.God bless your new age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
tbaba1234:

That snapshot is not according to the ranking. It is alphabetical order.

Ruben is the number 1 and that was not indicated in the snapshot.

Uzoho is 4th choice but it is not because of that snapshot.

When Ruben was out, Uzoho was the team's third choice.

Thank you for this,because I know say no b by that arrangement determine who be number one or not
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:52am On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I'm so thrilled about Etebo's performance.I read he was the MOTM in a game that had Messi, Rakitic, Iniesta, Paulinho. I'd quite put him down as one who might not make the cut to Russia but he seems to be blooming in Spain.

But is it that Rohr has not found a way to utilise this guy? Cos in the SE, he seems to be jack of all trades, master of none. The ANS article says he's been deployed as CM, AM, LW so far for Las Palmas. And these are the positions he's played in the Super Eagles. The only match he really shone was the match against Algeria in Uyo. Since he's been flat. Awful against SA and lost against Algeria in our last WCQ match.

Etebo is Amokachi. Let Rohr find a way to unleash his energy.

Our midfield is full of so many options for Rohr. I am happy that we have Joel Obi coming in for the friendlies. Whatever happens abeg let John Ogu go to this WC. Sentiments abi? But it's justified abeg. The guy need am. Agu can wait.

Bros you said he might make the cut to Russia ?meaning he is not gurantee to go Russia even as a bench player ,or you mean he might make the starting line up??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2018
Kog45:
Mikel Agu?not convincing so far in Eagles GWG.

I think Rohr just have to do justice to the midfield cos for now we have three untouchable,MIKEL,NDIDI,ONAZI but Ogu had Algeria and Argentina match going for him irrespective of any midfielder form in his club.

.....now we are having Etebo back in a great form in LA liga and also a talented Joel Obi is back and also Mikel Agu which means the midfield is a war zone and only performance in eagles jersey would determines who is going to make it especially between Etebo,Ogu,Agu and Joel Obi.

Not too convince by onazi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:01am On Mar 02, 2018
Yes o, competition all to the glory and progress of the team!
Kog45:
Not really dropping but seeing a very competitive scenario in camp which is good for the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2018
We should be able to accommodate 6 midfielders in the 23 man squad na.
Kog45:
Yes real bomb cos Rohr would not have excuse for not given us the best in midfield.

How i wish the squad can accommodate Mikel,Ndidi,Onazi,Ogu,Etebo and Joel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2018
forgiveness:

Why?
He has little or nothing to offer to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2018
forgiveness:

However, many match Agu don play for Eagles wey em no impress?
Are you serious with this question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2018
Flat in the GWG colors and I see nothing new in him that those in the team don't posses.

In fact he has gotten 2 yellow cards or thereabouts in his few appearances for the SE.
MetalJigsaw:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:16am On Mar 02, 2018
Humility017:

I don't think he will...
he is a man that wanna make name for himself...and prove many doubters wrong.
I hope not... because this is the crucial stage the Backdoor charlatans exercise their exploits that jeopardizes the team's performances going to a mundial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:19am On Mar 02, 2018
somehow:
I think Shehu is not just a RB, he can play MD too.
And you think the coach will draft him there when we have more than enough personnel there already?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:31am On Mar 02, 2018
somehow:
Flat in the GWG colors and I see nothing new in him that those in the team don't posses.

In fact he has gotten 2 yellow cards or thereabouts in his few appearances for the SE.
Exactly, that's why I always perseive his presence as a waste of space
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:42am On Mar 02, 2018
somehow:

Are you serious with this question?

My question too much?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2018
MetalJigsaw:

Let us wait for the friendlies before you conclude.

Besides, against Zambia, he did very well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2018
andrew444:

Not too convince by onazi
me too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2018
somehow:
We should be able to accommodate 6 midfielders in the 23 man squad na.
Its going to be not more than 5, bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
me too
Hope you guys remember that Onazi is the team vice captain,so that alone is enough for him to be in the 23 man list and apart from that he belong to three Wiseman in the midfield,left for Ogu,Etebo,Agu and Joel Obi to slug it out.

Ogu had Algeria and Argentina going for him

Etebo not really convincing recently in GWG but his form in LA liga speak volumes.

Agu not really convincing but Rohr rate him may be he see what we fans don't know.

Joel Obi just coming in and a good performance in camp should do the talking for him.

My man not easy to pick the two that would join Mikel, Onazi and Ndidi.

Difficult task.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2018
Etebo was so good last night, I was so happy for him although it was not the result I would have preferred as a barca fan.
This guy is like a Swiss knife, the guy could play anywhere on the field without much fuss

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Etebo was so good last night, I was so happy for him although it was not the result I would have preferred as a barca fan.
This guy is like a Swiss knife, the guy could play anywhere on the field without much fuss

can he stand in to solve our goal keeping problem ? grin ;grin cool cool tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:21am On Mar 02, 2018
Eze Makes Team Of The Week In Bulgaria
By Johnny Edward

Nigerian defender, Stephen Eze is pleased to have made the team of the week in the Bulgarian top division for the first time in his first start for Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Eze has made two appearances since he joined the club on a two year deal – against Slavia Sofia which ended in a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 win over OFK Pirin.
The 22 year old is the second Nigerian at the cclub, the other being Super Eagles right-back, Musa Mohammed.

“Honored to be included in the ‘Team of the Week’ for the First Professional Football League (Bulgaria),” the home-based Super Eagles defender to the 2018 African Nations Championship tweeted through his Twitter handle, @DefendLikeEze.

“Love and support I have received since my arrival has been overwhelming. I hope to make you all proud.”

Lokomotiv Plovdiv host Botev Plovdiv in a local derby on Sunday. And Eze is looking forward playing his first derby the club.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/eze-makes-team-week-bulgaria/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 104 days 5 hours 37 mins to go

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:25am On Mar 02, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Its going to be not more than 5, bro.
Well not all the best would be in the team to Russia.

I remember James Obiorah was dropped from France 98 team after showed World class performance in a friendly against Jamaica with goals from Yekini and Siasia settled it to 2-2 draw but later made 2002 WC,so any player dropped should know is not the end of the world,Qatar 2022 is not far.

Obiorah was damn too good with great appearance in champions league esoecially against Real madrid,with the hope of seeing him doing his things with the likes of Okocha,Oliseh and Adepoju.

He was dropped cos we have players who have been with the team from qualifiers,players like Austin Okocha,Sunday Oliseh,Mutiu Adepoju,Garba Lawal,and Wilson Oruma,these are solid players with experience.

That's the reason am hammering it that Joel Obi must be more convincing cos is new and the familiar faces would not shift ground easily,so a world class performance in camp and match should do it for Joel,anything short of this,Joel is out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:37am On Mar 02, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Eze Makes Team Of The Week In Bulgaria
By Johnny Edward

Nigerian defender, Stephen Eze is pleased to have made the team of the week in the Bulgarian top division for the first time in his first start for Lokomotiv Plovdiv, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
Eze has made two appearances since he joined the club on a two year deal – against Slavia Sofia which ended in a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 win over OFK Pirin.
The 22 year old is the second Nigerian at the cclub, the other being Super Eagles right-back, Musa Mohammed.

“Honored to be included in the ‘Team of the Week’ for the First Professional Football League (Bulgaria),” the home-based Super Eagles defender to the 2018 African Nations Championship tweeted through his Twitter handle, @DefendLikeEze.

“Love and support I have received since my arrival has been overwhelming. I hope to make you all proud.”

Lokomotiv Plovdiv host Botev Plovdiv in a local derby on Sunday. And Eze is looking forward playing his first derby the club.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/eze-makes-team-week-bulgaria/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 104 days 5 hours 37 mins to go
CC:BascoVanVeli the number one supporter of CHAN team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:45am On Mar 02, 2018
lexyman:

can he stand in to solve our goal keeping problem ? grin ;grin cool cool tongue

Trouble maker grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Kog45:
CC:BascoVanVeli the number one supporter of CHAN team.

Yes o, I am proud of the young man. If he keeps improving he could become a good asset for the national team post world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:59am On Mar 02, 2018
hi fam good work keeping this place bubbling. mujtahida can't thank you enough for that book really enlightening eye opening read. won't spoil it for anyone by revealing details in the book but my main take away for me especially relating it to nigeria i think we seriously need to improve the knowledge base of our personnel especially coaches. it was the innovative tactics of younger german coaches that led to the mannshafts revival. nff and lmc need to do more in that regard.

anyone key point for me was the unity of purpose from the players, coaching staff to the administrative personnel. i can see a lot of that in the current super eagles which gives me quiet confidence we will do well in russia but we should always remain focused and keep our eyes on the goal we want to achieve.

plus one more thing criticism even if seemingly harsh really helped spur that 2014 german side to succeed. so for us we should also welcome such criticism it's all part of the complex mix of factors that push a team to victory

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
i'm happy for him too. i had my fears for him when he was not able to replicate his fine form for us in the algeria game at uyo in other matches but he has strived to improve his game. he's yet to carve a niche for himself as regards what is his best position for the super eagles but his versatility is really a plus to him some might say a minus.

what really impressed me was how he left his comfort zone in portugal to go improve himself in spain. his recent form has definitely made me have a rethink about the composition of our midfield something like mikel obi, joel obi, ndidi, ogu, onazi, etebo would be quite a battling unit

Mujtahida:

I'm so thrilled about Etebo's performance.I read he was the MOTM in a game that had Messi, Rakitic, Iniesta, Paulinho. I'd quite put him down as one who might not make the cut to Russia but he seems to be blooming in Spain.

But is it that Rohr has not found a way to utilise this guy? Cos in the SE, he seems to be jack of all trades, master of none. The ANS article says he's been deployed as CM, AM, LW so far for Las Palmas. And these are the positions he's played in the Super Eagles. The only match he really shone was the match against Algeria in Uyo. Since he's been flat. Awful against SA and lost against Algeria in our last WCQ match.

Etebo is Amokachi. Let Rohr find a way to unleash his energy.

Our midfield is full of so many options for Rohr. I am happy that we have Joel Obi coming in for the friendlies. Whatever happens abeg let John Ogu go to this WC. Sentiments abi? But it's justified abeg. The guy need am. Agu can wait.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
chrisooblog:
hi fam good work keeping this place bubbling. mujtahida can't thank you enough for that book really enlightening eye opening read. won't spoil it for anyone by revealing details in the book but my main take away for me especially relating it to nigeria i think we seriously need to improve the knowledge base of our personnel especially coaches. it was the innovative tactics of younger german coaches that led to the mannshafts revival. nff and lmc need to do more in that regard.

anyone key point for me was the unity of purpose from the players, coaching staff to the administrative personnel. i can see a lot of that in the current super eagles which gives me quiet confidence we will do well in russia but we should always remain focused and keep our eyes on the goal we want to achieve.

plus one more thing criticism even if seemingly harsh really helped spur that 2014 german side to succeed. so for us we should also welcome such criticism it's all part of the complex mix of factors that push a team to victory
The book is really good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Fact is football is now knowledge driven. If we don't set up the structures now then in the next ten years we will find that those who have the knowledge will have the power and we might not be able to cope with the competition.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
Kog45:
Well not all the best would be in the team to Russia.

I remember James Obiorah was dropped from France 98 team after showed World class performance in a friendly against Jamaica with goals from Yekini and Siasia settled it to 2-2 draw but later made 2002 WC,so any player dropped should know is not the end of the world,Qatar 2022 is not far.

Obiorah was damn too good with great appearance in champions league esoecially against Real madrid,with the hope of seeing him doing his things with the likes of Okocha,Oliseh and Adepoju.

He was dropped cos we have players who have been with the team from qualifiers,players like Austin Okocha,Sunday Oliseh,Mutiu Adepoju,Garba Lawal,and Wilson Oruma,these are solid players with experience.

That's the reason am hammering it that Joel Obi must be more convincing cos is new and the familiar faces would not shift ground easily,so a world class performance in camp and match should do it for Joel,anything short of this,Joel is out.
If Joel doesn't grab the opportunity with both hands, if he does an Nwakaeme on us then he will be putting himself in a position where a second chance might not be extended to him.

It's time and chance. I pray the stars align for him. Perhaps scoring a goal too would just be perfect.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

The book is really good. Glad you enjoyed it.
Fact is football is now knowledge driven. If we don't set up the structures now then in the next ten years we will find that those who have the knowledge will have the power and we might not be able to cope with the competition.
or we increase a pattern we are already into which relying on 'foreign born' Nigerians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2018
my take on the goalkeeper debate is that non of the choices we currently have will be ideal whoever rohr decides to make number 1. except maduka and akpeyi (in my opinion) all the other mentioned goalkeepers stand a chance to claim that starting spot. there isn't anything we can do know other than trust the coaching crew to make the right call and support whomever might be chosen to man the goal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (16235) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), Odunayaw(m), do4luv14(m), twentyk(m), COOL10(m), Marjoribanks and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.