Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11624907 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:32am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

What do you mean by lopsided example?

It is not that Portugal did not have any other options. Eder aside, are there no strikers in the whole of the Portuguese league? There are several strikers of Portuguese origin but the coach chosed to convert Ronaldo and Nani to strikers for that tournament. These were players that were most likely to give the team that cutting edge up front. Which was why they were paired upfront.

That is the same case with Moses here. He is that WF that has the most potency to give us the cutting edge upfront. For God's sakes we don't have issues with our Wing back options.

You are lying to yourself. You and I both know that Eder being selected proves beyond any doubt that their options were limited.

In the past couple weeks Moses has won games for Chelsea at that position by offering cutting edge and potency as u call it. Why are u overlooking the fact that he can also have immense effect on our offense. This is the world cup and the players will do whatever will help their country.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:37am On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Mr, how can you deploy your most potent forward, your danger man, your biggest weapon to a defensive role when you're supposed to unleash him at full stretch? It makes no sense at all. Where have you seen that happen? Mention one team that has tried it.

This is the world cup we are talking about. No need for sentiments, we know he can perform in wingback but when last did he play as a striker?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 3:06am On May 09, 2018
It’s World Cup trivia time:

In which World Cup tournament were the red and yellow cards and substitutes introduced?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:48am On May 09, 2018
So, I have been watching videos on YouTube about World Cup predictions

I am glad to say, 97% predictions are certain Nigeria will not qualify, 85% of them have us bottom of the group, 70% are sure we won't scrape more than a point in all three games

However, I did encounter a certain gutsy fellow who has us finishing Top of the group (I am glad to say, he isn't Nigerian grin)

An Egyptian pundit thinks Nigeria has the best African team going to Russia (funny enough, he thinks Egypt has the worst)....he is however realistic in his expectations of qualifying and ranks Egypt as the African team with the highest qualification chances, followed by Senegal and Tunisia (because they don't have any actual powerhouses in their groups), Nigeria is 4th because Argentina is the only solid threat while the others are here and there, Morocco is dead last because they have the misfortune of playing Spain and Portugal

All in all, the predictions are okay I guess, however, the guy who thinks Nigeria will top Group D had the best analysis, others barely analysed, but his was in-depth, down to the tactical strength of each team, how they like to play (he got the part where Nigeria uses pace and soaks in pressure) and their talismans.

Watching these videos are actually fun.

PS: Some dude listed the players in our World Cup Squad. He had the likes of Alampasu, Enyeama, Success, Aaron Samuel, Nwakaeme and Emenike on his list grin

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:39am On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

You are lying to yourself. You and I both know that Eder being selected proves beyond any doubt that their options were limited.

In the past couple weeks Moses has won games for Chelsea at that position by offering cutting edge and potency as u call it. Why are u overlooking the fact that he can also have immense effect on our offense. This is the world cup and the players will do whatever will help their country.

You are lying to yourself how? I am telling you the obvious and you are lying to yourself. You cannot tell me there are no strikers of Portuguese origin in the whole of the Portuguese first division.

So you have even changed from "no options" to "options were limited". The simple truth is Ronaldo and Nani could offer more than what any other strikers Portugal would have paraded could have offered and so they had to play as strikers. How is that one lying to yourself?

We need Moses more in the thick of attack and not as a Wing back. Why is that difficult to accept?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:07am On May 09, 2018
safarigirl:
So, I have been watching videos on YouTube about World Cup predictions

I am glad to say, 97% predictions are certain Nigeria will not qualify, 85% of them have us bottom of the group, 70% are sure we won't scrape more than a point in all three games

However, I did encounter a certain gutsy fellow who has us finishing Top of the group (I am glad to say, he isn't Nigerian grin)

An Egyptian pundit thinks Nigeria has the best African team going to Russia (funny enough, he thinks Egypt has the worst)....he is however realistic in his expectations of qualifying and ranks Egypt as the African team with the highest qualification chances, followed by Senegal and Tunisia (because they don't have any actual powerhouses in their groups), Nigeria is 4th because Argentina is the only solid threat while the others are here and there, Morocco is dead last because they have the misfortune of playing Spain and Portugal

All in all, the predictions are okay I guess, however, the guy who thinks Nigeria will top Group D had the best analysis, others barely analysed, but his was in-depth, down to the tactical strength of each team, how they like to play (he got the part where Nigeria uses pace and soaks in pressure) and their talismans.

Watching these videos are actually fun.

PS: Some dude listed the players in our World Cup Squad. He had the likes of Alampasu, Enyeama, Success, Aaron Samuel, Nwakaeme and Emenike on his list grin

Yes, book makers and neutral pundits tip Argentina and Croatia as favorites to advance from that group.
The Egyptian fellow that tipped Nigeria to qualify probably did so in the African spirit.

But one thing I must point out is any pundit that has been following Nigerian football for long should know Nigeria is a country that is capable of anything.
And that is why we have hopes we can qualify from that group.That is the Nigerian spirit.

We are where we are today not because we lack the talent and quality but because of majorly administrative inefficiencies and disunity in the team.

Which neutral pundits would have predicted that Nigeria would have qualified from that WCQ group that had Algeria and Cameroon with one match to spare. 3 points were even deducted from us and we were still ahead.

I am hinging on the fact that this team is well motivated. This current NFF administration have really superceded what most past administrations have done in terms of preparations and motivation.
Plus there is unity in the team. Based on this I so much believe we are going to give any team a run for their money.
I just pray all our key players remain fit.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:09am On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

This is the world cup we are talking about. No need for sentiments, we know he can perform in wingback but when last did he play as a striker?
In case, you don't or you have forgotten, he doesn't really have to be a striker. Have you forgotten it's a false 9 strategy? The 2 in the 3-5-2 don't really have to be strikers. Any player that is fast, tricky with goal scoring instincts can play the role perfectly well.

The 3-5-2 doesn't really require central forwards because it's a typical ultra-defensive and counterattacking tactic. Get it?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:20am On May 09, 2018
Peter olayinka is in great form.. 3 goals and 6 assists in the last 8 games..

11 goals 15 assists all season...

Very impressive... Another one that ceratinly deserves a look in.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:17am On May 09, 2018
tbaba1234:
Peter olayinka is in great form.. 3 goals and 6 assists in the last 8 games..

11 goals 15 assists all season...

Very impressive... Another one that ceratinly deserves a look in.

Now looking more like he may just have done enough to gate crash the 35man list.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

You are lying to yourself how? I am telling you the obvious and you are lying to yourself. You cannot tell me there are no strikers of Portuguese origin in the whole of the Portuguese first division.

So you have even changed from "no options" to "options were limited". The simple truth is Ronaldo and Nani could offer more than what any other strikers Portugal would have paraded could have offered and so they had to play as strikers. How is that one lying to yourself?

We need Moses more in the thick of attack and not as a Wing back. Why is that difficult to accept?

U are lying to yourself because it is not me that will believe that stuff. If there were strikers that were so good Eder who had barely played the season before would never have made the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:19am On May 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:

oga even if rohr dont make it out of the group he is miles ahead of keshi. keshi is the worst and biggest fraud that happened to nigerian football. during his stint with the team he nearly turned the team into a personal business and an avenue to market mediocre players to obscure leagues in europe. he didnt win the afcon because of his tactical acumen but out of luck and determination of the players who believed they can go all the way after eliminating the tournaments favorites CIV. rohr took the eagles job when all hope were lost, got talented and determined young players, brought the best from mikel by giving him the leadership role in the team and a sense of belonging and made the young team believe they can qualify from a group that had 4 afcon winners. gernot rohr is a blessing to nigerian football

Until Nigeria reaches quarter final of the world cup, keshi remains our best coach. Haters can do the needful by hugging......

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

U are lying to yourself because it is not me that will believe that stuff. If there were strikers that were so good Eder who had barely played the season before would never have made the team.

Please keep your lying to yourself talk to your self. What kind of argument style is this one again?

You can place Victor Moses any where you want in your team. That is your opinion please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:28am On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
In case, you don't or you have forgotten, he doesn't really have to be a striker. Have you forgotten it's a false 9 strategy? The 2 in the 3-5-2 don't really have to be strikers. Any player that is fast, tricky with goal scoring instincts can play the role perfectly well.

The 3-5-2 doesn't really require central forwards because it's a typical ultra-defensive and counterattacking tactic. Get it?

The same way Hazard didn't have to be a striker but he performed dreadfully in that position. This is the world cup you guys need to drop the sentiments. Victor Moses is not bigger than the super eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Please keep your lying to yourself talk to your self. What kind of argument style is this one again?

You can place Victor Moses any where you want in your team. That is your opinion please.

Which one is argument style? That's a regular phrase boss man.
I already told you this was my opinion since 2 days ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2018
Goke7:

Until Nigeria reaches quarter final of the world cup, keshi remains our best coach. Haters can do the needful by hugging......

Or you mean..... from amongst our local coaches?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:50am On May 09, 2018
realpoacher:

What is wrong with you all?

Did i say that you should play to the sidelines and wings for fun?.... Or that the middle should be completely neglected?... Don't you all know that there is a reason why you have to play to the wings?

The reason is to stretch the Croats... Underline the word STRETCH!!!..

Croatia play a very compact midfield,.. How do you intend to break such a compact midfield?

By choking the middle with more men or attempting to outplay them through the middle? undecided

I laugh in Mandarin...

I REPEAT, THE ONLY WAY TO BREAKDOWN A COMPACT MIDFIELD IS TO STRETCH THEM.. TO EXPAND AND CONTRACT THEM.... THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT THEM.

Midfield gifting and stretching is what we have been doing all along since Rohr came on board. And it has been working for us. Many times when we play matches, we rarely hold and control the ball in the middle, we are always chasing the ball and waiting to hit our opponents on the counter.

We have been gifting our opponents the middle because we always defended our half well... So i am only buttressing on doing what we have always been doing. This time around, we just have to be conscious of what we are doing and do it well. Simple...

We rarely hold possession and complete 3-4 passes anyways, so what's the fuss?

Against Zambia home and away we played and scored from the wings. Against Cameroon away we scored from the wings, against Argentina 2 of goals came from the wings. Against Poland, even our penalty was won from a cut-in from the wings... In all of these matches i mentioned, we never controlled the game from the middle, we never had more possession...

So i ask again, what is the fuss concerning my tactics?
The Way Juve played Madrid in the second leg should be a blueprint to how we play Croatia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Yes, book makers and neutral pundits tip Argentina and Croatia as favorites to advance from that group.
The Egyptian fellow that tipped Nigeria to qualify probably did so in the African spirit.

But one thing I must point out is any pundit that has been following Nigerian football for long should know Nigeria is a country that is capable of anything.
And that is why we have hopes we can qualify from that group.That is the Nigerian spirit.

We are where we are today not because we lack the talent and quality but because of majorly administrative inefficiencies and disunity in the team.

Which neutral pundits would have predicted that Nigeria would have qualified from that WCQ group that had Algeria and Cameroon with one match to spare. 3 points were even deducted from us and we were still ahead.

I am hinging on the fact that this team is well motivated. This current NFF administration have really superceded what most past administrations have done in terms of preparations and motivation.
Plus there is unity in the team. Based on this I so much believe we are going to give any team a run for their money.

I always believe Nigeria will qualify for the World Cup,Algeria might be the threat there,Cameroun has never been a good team even as they are afcon winners,how can I be scared of a group that consist cameroun and Zambia? Hell NO Algeria maybe YES

Cameroun and Zambia that don't have better players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 8:52am On May 09, 2018
realpoacher:

What is wrong with you all?

Did i say that you should play to the sidelines and wings for fun?.... Or that the middle should be completely neglected?... Don't you all know that there is a reason why you have to play to the wings?

The reason is to stretch the Croats... Underline the word STRETCH!!!..

Croatia play a very compact midfield,.. How do you intend to break such a compact midfield?

By choking the middle with more men or attempting to outplay them through the middle? undecided

I laugh in Mandarin...

I REPEAT, THE ONLY WAY TO BREAKDOWN A COMPACT MIDFIELD IS TO STRETCH THEM.. TO EXPAND AND CONTRACT THEM.... THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT THEM.

Midfield gifting and stretching is what we have been doing all along since Rohr came on board. And it has been working for us. Many times when we play matches, we rarely hold and control the ball in the middle, we are always chasing the ball and waiting to hit our opponents on the counter.

We have been gifting our opponents the middle because we always defended our half well... So i am only buttressing on doing what we have always been doing. This time around, we just have to be conscious of what we are doing and do it well. Simple...

We rarely hold possession and complete 3-4 passes anyways, so what's the fuss?

Against Zambia home and away we played and scored from the wings. Against Cameroon away we scored from the wings, against Argentina 2 of goals came from the wings. Against Poland, even our penalty was won from a cut-in from the wings... In all of these matches i mentioned, we never controlled the game from the middle, we never had more possession...

So i ask again, what is the fuss concerning my tactics?

Oga, go look at those goals we scored from the wings attack, the passes came from the midfield.
Mikel, Onazi and Etebo(against Algeria) worked themselves out in the midfield in most of the qualifying games. We were in control of the midfield for most of our qualifiers. The goals we scored against Argentina, we won the balls from midfield duels. You only saw the final product you didn't see how the balls were won at the midfield before releasing the forwards.

How can you get balls across to your forwards when you don't have the midfield play?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 8:57am On May 09, 2018
edi287:

The Way Juve played Madrid in the second leg should be a blueprint to how we play Croatia

The same Madrid that Realpocher said usually gift opponents the midfield. So who gifted who the midfield this time?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:14am On May 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:

oga even if rohr dont make it out of the group he is miles ahead of keshi. keshi is the worst and biggest fraud that happened to nigerian football. during his stint with the team he nearly turned the team into a personal business and an avenue to market mediocre players to obscure leagues in europe. he didnt win the afcon because of his tactical acumen but out of luck and determination of the players who believed they can go all the way after eliminating the tournaments favorites CIV. rohr took the eagles job when all hope were lost, got talented and determined young players, brought the best from mikel by giving him the leadership role in the team and a sense of belonging and made the young team believe they can qualify from a group that had 4 afcon winners. gernot rohr is a blessing to nigerian football
Keshi a fraud?you must be joking,ex Togo,Mali and Nigeria coach.

Keshi having Uche Agbo is a fraud?

Keshi having Mikel Agu is a fraud?

Keshi continue sticking with Akpeyi is a fraud?

Keshi invite Chiedebere Nwakili is a fraud?

Keshi invite Aaron Samuel is a fraud?

Keshi keeping faith with young Uzoho div 3 keeper is a fraud?

Keshi loss to South Africa 2 nil at home is a bad coach?

Keshi played a player with groin injury for 90 mins is zero tactically?

Keshi keep on inviting Musa before moving to CSKA,a fraud?

Keshi always doing late substitution,is tactically izero?

Keshi not calling Aiyenugba must be doing the bidding of Uzoho's agent,a fraud?

Keshi collect cut from Omodiagbe for Osimhen invitation,a fraud?

Keshi played two yellow cards Shehu against Algeria,don't know the rule of the game?

If Keshi is Rohr these would have been the noise so not really surprised calling Keshi a fraud.

Mind you i have respect for Rohr at least WC qualification is an achievement and good for him to join the likes of Clemens Westerhoff,Amodu Shuaib and Stephen Keshi in the history book of Nigeria football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:21am On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The same way Hazard didn't have to be a striker but he performed dreadfully in that position. This is the world cup you guys need to drop the sentiments. Victor Moses is not bigger than the super eagles.
We acknowledge him as our most potent and highly crucial forward does not mean he's bigger than the team. Well, seems your mind is locked up against the truth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2018
I usually have this feeling of discomfort when watching Chelsea play with our own deadly Vicmo playing as a wingback. Phew!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:28am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Moses was not in that game. He also needs Moses in the line up.
v.moses replace Simon moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:31am On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
We acknowledge him as our most potent and highly crucial forward does not mean he's bigger than the team. Well, seems your mind is locked up on the truth
I have said it here our Argentina victory likely to be our greatest obstacle at WC cos of the 3-5-2 but thank God Rohr is in charge to do the needful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:35am On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I usually have this feeling of discomfort when watching Chelsea play with our own deadly Vicmo playing as a wingback. Phew!
Moses WB?NO,just finished watching Poland and Serbia game,the only threat upfront was Moses,he gave us the penalty and only serious saved from Serbia Keeper was from him and i think with Ebuehi,Shehu, Idowu,Aina and Echiejile do we need Moses as WB?capital NO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:35am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

oh no, the Egyptian fellow wasn't the one who tipped Nigeria to qualify top of Group D, that was some other guy who remained faceless

The Egyptian guy ranked Nigeria as 4th most likely African team to qualify out of group stage, he thinks Egypt, Senegal and Tunisia have a greater chance of qualifying for Round of 16 than Nigeria.

I know we will win one match and draw one most likely, however, I can't say what our third result will be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:35am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha.

On your second paragraph I know you expect me to mention Onigbinde. But we have known those players before they got invited to the national team. He didn't discover them.

Henry Nwosu picked an unknown Mikel from the Plateau United feeder team. That is the discovery we are talking about.

All those goalies you mentioned there were already regulars in the NPL. Aiyenugba was a deputy to Enyeama at Enyimba. Ejide was the number 1 goalkeeper at Gabros international where he had won almost 100 caps before being invited to the Super Eagles camp in 2002.

On Osaze, he was already in the Belgian league before Onigbinde gave him an invite to the Super Eagles camp prio to 2002 WC. That is not discovery.Hahaha.

nice one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 9:38am On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We have Mikel for that. Playing Victor at wing back does nothing but make the team more dangerous.

not true sir, instead it limit you, his our best winger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

There are certain people I have held discussions with on here for many years. I know the depth of their knowledge about Nigerian football. For such a person to say Siasia discovered Mikel, when he/she is aware that Mikel featured Under Eguavoen at the U17 WC and also probably know that Henry Nwosu was the U17 coach that was fired before Eguavoen was appointed. You should know it was a slip of the fingers to say Siasia discovered Mikel.
So I myself should also know that she had a slip of fingers? How is that possible. Oh a lady is the one in question. Guy, you are in love congrats. Simple
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2018
Kog45:
I have said it here our Argentina victory likely to be our greatest obstacle at WC cos of the 3-5-2 but thank God Rohr is in charge to do the needful.
What's your stance on this cos I don't get
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:04am On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
So I myself should also know that she had a slip of fingers? How is that possible. Oh a lady is the one in question. Guy, you are in love congrats. Simple
this whole stupidity that many of you like to exhibit on this thread is nauseating.

Every time someone speaks up for me it is because the person is in love, he is looking for how to get into my pants and all sorts of silly comments

If you cannot keep your disgusting chauvinism and misogynistic comments out of discussions, then it is better to not engage in the discussions

Certain people here are old enough to birth me and for you to disrespect them by saying they are in love, with who? If I were a guy would you make such a daft comment?

A lot of tines, we are asked to guard our statements here, but many of you seem to throw that away once you realise I'm female. Is this how you regard the women around you? How you reduce them to entertainment for men? Is that what you were taught?

You should retract this statement and refrain from dragging men of reputable character here to justify your repulsive ideologies

The rubbish has gone on long enough here. I will not allow you meatheads make such foolish statements any longer without setting you straight

PS: While the Siasia statement was erroneous, it did not take anything away from the point and that is why I ignored it. I don't even know why icon4s bothered answering anybody, not every statement must be addressed.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha.

On your second paragraph I know you expect me to mention Onigbinde. But we have known those players before they got invited to the national team. He didn't discover them.

Henry Nwosu picked an unknown Mikel from the Plateau United feeder team. That is the discovery we are talking about.

All those goalies you mentioned there were already regulars in the NPL. Aiyenugba was a deputy to Enyeama at Enyimba. Ejide was the number 1 goalkeeper at Gabros international where he had won almost 100 caps before being invited to the Super Eagles camp in 2002.

On Osaze, he was already in the Belgian league before Onigbinde gave him an invite to the Super Eagles camp prio to 2002 WC. That is not discovery.Hahaha.

Chief my point is being a knowledgeable and good analyst of Nigeria football doesn't give you privilege to know certain things about Nigeria football especially discovery of player.

In the case of Mikel,a lot would tell you Siasia discovered Mikel and to some it was Eguavoen but rooted ones knew it was Henry Nwosu.

On Enyeama,Ejide,Aiyenugba and Osaze,Onigbinde was not even in the picture.

Enyeama Vincent was discovered by coach Fanny Amu and Amusa Adisa prior to 2002 WC.

Austin Ejide was discovered by Amusa Adisa when he kept for Gabros against Kwara United.

Dele Aiyenugba was discovered by a female FIFA badge referee Faith Irabor who recommended him to Stephen Keshi 2001 U17 team.

Osaze was not in Belgium when he played for eagles.He got his national team call through Onigbinde,made his debut the same day with Enyeama on May 4, 2002 against Kenya.

Hope you remember he was alternative player to 2002 WC.It was after WC he left for Le louvier in Belgium 2002/03 session.

So safarigirl saying Siasia discovered Mikel not a big deal to me cos i even thought it was Eguavoen and if not for you i will never know it was Henry Nwosu.

Hope you get my point now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m), charlesemeka85(m), elyte89 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.