Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,423 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11759886 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2018
Safari, when you get a chance, email me the link to the Egyptian pundit grin

Well, coming to his analysis, I think he made a few good points. I laugh each time I see those Euro pundits rating Egypt as the best African team because of Mo Salah. On the contrary, I won't expect much from that Egyptian team in spite of Salah. And I would concur that the only reason they would qualify for the second round is because of their weak group. Even Enugu Rangers can qualify from a group that comprises: Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Uruguay.

Coming to the other groups, I think Morocco has the best team in Africa. I expect them to qualify along with Spain. Portugal is going home.

What are Nigeria's chances? Not too good, if you want to be realistic. On paper we have the 3rd best team in our group. The acid test would be our first game versus Croatia. We're done if we fail to get something out of that match.

O pari

safarigirl:
So, I have been watching videos on YouTube about World Cup predictions

I am glad to say, 97% predictions are certain Nigeria will not qualify, 85% of them have us bottom of the group, 70% are sure we won't scrape more than a point in all three games

However, I did encounter a certain gutsy fellow who has us finishing Top of the group (I am glad to say, he isn't Nigerian grin)

An Egyptian pundit thinks Nigeria has the best African team going to Russia (funny enough, he thinks Egypt has the worst)....he is however realistic in his expectations of qualifying and ranks Egypt as the African team with the highest qualification chances, followed by Senegal and Tunisia (because they don't have any actual powerhouses in their groups), Nigeria is 4th because Argentina is the only solid threat while the others are here and there, Morocco is dead last because they have the misfortune of playing Spain and Portugal

All in all, the predictions are okay I guess, however, the guy who thinks Nigeria will top Group D had the best analysis, others barely analysed, but his was in-depth, down to the tactical strength of each team, how they like to play (he got the part where Nigeria uses pace and soaks in pressure) and their talismans.

Watching these videos are actually fun.

PS: Some dude listed the players in our World Cup Squad. He had the likes of Alampasu, Enyeama, Success, Aaron Samuel, Nwakaeme and Emenike on his list grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
Safari, when you get a chance, email me the link to the Egyptian pundit grin

Well, coming to his analysis, I think he made a few good points. I laugh each time I see those Euro pundits rating Egypt as the best African team because of Mo Salah. On the contrary, I won't expect much from that Egyptian team in spite of Salah. And I would concur that the only reason they would qualify for the second round is because of their weak group. Even Enugu Rangers can qualify from a group that comprises: Russia, Saudi Arabia, and Uruguay.

Coming to the other groups, I think Morocco has the best team in Africa. I expect them to qualify along with Spain. Portugal is going home.

What are Nigeria's chances? Not too good, if you want to be realistic. On paper we have the 3rd best team in our group. The acid test would be our first game versus Croatia. We're done if we fail to get something out of that match.

O pari

Sir, football is a funny old game. Do not write off any team especially in a tournament. Once a team gets in "TOURNAMENT MODE" they become difficult to break down. Denmark in 92, Greece in 2004 and recently Portugal in 2016 comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2018
Joebie:
na komekn arguement no forget.. we know his standards. This is a team that is currently 18th. Aina will have to be a stand out performer to even deserve an invite because he does not play for the top 3 teams.

if u are talking based on number of games he's played this season alone, yes it's outstanding oh also considering that the championship has 24 teams, meaning every club will have to play at least 46 games all season. Yes it's very outstanding sir. Satisfied now.. but to say he is rugged and better than Ebuehi.. na wa. I'm yet to see a better full back in this current SE better than a fully fit Ebuehi.

That is the point he is a stand out player.

How many MOTM has he won in his club and league, how many times has he been in the championship team of the week.

Do your homework and comment from knowledge not presumption.

Roberts came to Liverpool after Hull were relegated. I will expect to see Aina in the EPL next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:41pm On May 09, 2018
Good point! There are so many things that can negatively (or in some cases positively) impact a game, including the officiating and even a freak accident/error - remember Sani Kaita (South Africa 2010 World Cup).

O pari

Truidstar:

Sir, football is a funny old game. Do not write off any team especially in a tournament. Once a team gets in "TOURNAMENT MODE" they become difficult to break down. Denmark in 92, Greece in 2004 and recently Portugal in 2016 comes to mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2018
Joebie:
Aina started the season very well no doubt.. but overall speaking, sir you have told a lie oh..

Those are very strong words.

Please tell the house one lie i have spoken If you can not then that makes you a bigger LIAR.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2018
Hmmm. I am a big fan of Chidozie Awaziem, but I don't know about that (@the highlighted). Not many players can play the DM role better than Ndidi because he's workhorse - in the mold of Ngolo Kante or Moses Kpakor of Clemense Westerhof era. However, I do agree that Awaziem might provide more creativity in that position but then we'll be missing Ndidi's tackling and ball winning skills.

Like I was telling one of my contacts in Barca's Front Office, "Wilfred Ndidi is arguably the best babysitter in the business". Do you realize that Leicester City is totally a mediocre team without Ndidi? That tells you his real worth.

O pari

forgiveness:

Awaziem is good but he is not a CB in my own estimation of his allround play.. [b]He seems to be a midfielder and I think he could perform more magic than Ndidi as a DMF [/b]which was his natural position before he was converted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
Good point! There are so many things that can negatively (or in some cases positively) impact a game, including the officiating and even a freak accident/error - remember Sani Kaita (South Africa 2010 World Cup).

O pari

That Sani Keita incident I still believe was the work of a betting syndicate. What provoked him to lash out still baffles me to this day. Unfortunately that was the end of his Eagles Career.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:54pm On May 09, 2018
To answer your challenge/question, sir: Well, you've represented yourself as Komekn when you're actually Forgiveness grin

Does that one count

O pari

komekn:

Please tell the house one lie i have spoken If you can not then that makes you a bigger LIAR.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2018
But it still wasn't a red card incident to me tho. I mean, he kicked out but he didn't connect. Go watch that incident again. He didn't make any contacts with the Greek player. The Greek player sold the ref a dummy!

I was actually surprised that Nigeria didn't protest the red card, after the game.

O pari

Truidstar:

That Sani Keita incident I still believe was the work of a betting syndicate. What provoked him to lash out still baffles me to this day. Unfortunately that was the end of his Eagles Career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2018
Exclusive – Nigeria Rio 2016 Goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel On Trial In Turkey

Former Enugu Rangers goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel who was in goal for the bronze winning Nigerian football team to the Rio 2016 Olympic is in Turkey undergoing trials.

The goalkeeper left Orlando Pirates of South Africa two months ago, and after spending time at home with his family departed for Turkey three weeks ago for trials, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

However the name of the club he is on trial with is yet to be made made known to this portal, but popular Kaduna state sports presenter Mohammed Suleiman popularly known as Mowiz confirmed that he is in Turkey for trials.

” Emmanuel is in Turkey for trials. Hopefully he will bag a deal. He is that talented but he was a bit unlucky at Orlando Pirates as things didn’t work out as he would have hoped”, Mowiz told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat.
23 year old Daniel was first choice for Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympic ahead of present Super Eagles goalkepper Daniel Akpeyi, who made the team as one of the three over age players in the squad.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/08/exclusive-nigeria-rio-2016-goalkeeper-emmanuel-daniel-on-trial-in-turkey/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 36 days 58 mins to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 3:15pm On May 09, 2018
charlesemeka85:

and which confed cup are you talking about? the one the team was only able to beat Tahiti but conceded? the one the likes of Uruguay and Spain taught us footballing lessons by outsmarting keshi tactically? are we celebrating mikel's performance at the confed cup or mourning the teams dismal performance? imagine we went a goal ahead against Uruguay but lost, keshi played an attacking style of football against a Spanish team that was world champions then and got battered seriously grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. taking lowly Togo was a milestone he achieved that crashed on him because of his dubious ways that almost destroyed the harmony of the team before he was axed if not i see no reason a football federation will sack a coach who qualified their team to its first ever world cup. i never said we were outplayed against the CIV but was the team fortune smiled on by emerging victorious. mikel and onazi played the game of their lives that faithful day and the same goes to omeruo and oboabona. its high time you accept the fact that rohr is doing something great with this young team and pray for them to have a successful outing in Russia than hoping he fails so that you and your likes will be screaming on high heavens for him to be relieved of his duties
I've always been an advocate of foreign coach for the Eagles, and trust me when I say I love Rohr and wants him to succeed. I'm not denying the fact he is doing something great for the NT. But the fact remains that if he fails to go beyond the second round, how do we then rate him over Keshi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:26pm On May 09, 2018
According to OGN, Onuachu was supposed to be invited for the March friendly before he got injured. Rohr was in contact with him but his injury came at the wrong time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2018
Goke7:

Just leave them alone my brother, make we no past first round for world cup, make person come tell me say rohr better pass keshi.

Folks have forgotten, that until rohr became Eagles coach, he hasn't achieved any major success with any African side.
My point exactly. I wonder why they should think we all want the downfall of the team. Inasmuch as I want Rohr to succeed, anything short of the second round still places him behind Keshi. As elyte89 yarn, no one cares if he achieved that with carpenters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:32pm On May 09, 2018
Oga u urself know say if u were among sky sports analysts you will not say such in front of TV.

komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2018
Opponents watch

Iceland To Name World Cup Final Squad On Friday
By Adeboye Amosu

Debutants Iceland will name their final squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia on Friday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
The modest European nation are in Group D along with Nigeria, two-time world champions, Argentina and 1998 semi-finalists, Croatia.
They will face Lionel Messi’s Argentina in their first ever game at the mundial on June 16 and then take on the Super Eagles in their second game in Volgograd six days later.
Their last group game is against fellow Europeans Croatia on June 26.
” Friday is the big day.
The day we announce our final squad for the @FIFAWorldCup,” reads a tweet on the official Twitter handle of the Iceland Football Federation on Wednesday.

Heimir Hallgrimsson’s team has lined up a friendly match against the Black Stars of Ghana on June 7 in Reykjavik to get a first hand knowledge on the the playing style of the Super Eagles.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iceland-to-name-world-cup-final-squad-on-friday/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 36 days 25 mins to go

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:35pm On May 09, 2018
Buhahahaha

Na forgiveness can’t komekn
Icon79:
To answer your challenge/question, sir: Well, you've represented yourself as Komekn when you're actually Forgiveness grin

Does that one count

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:37pm On May 09, 2018
Lol he prolly invested in a huge real estate with that money. Quietly cooling off somewhere hahaha
Truidstar:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2018
Ex Golden Eaglet Star Musa Yahaya Post Man Of The Match Performance For Porto In Win Over Arsenal

Arsenal U23s suffered another disappointment after losing yet again in the final of another Cup game, few days after losing the English FA Youth Cup to Chelsea.
Porto retained the Premier League International Cup title which they won last year with a slim 0-1 win over the youth team of the gunners with ex Nigeria youth international Musa Yahaya playing a pivotal role in sinking the young gunners.

Yahaya operated a little higher up the pitch, different from the wing back role he has played for most of the season for the B team of Porto in the second division in Portugal.

He was very lively and his close ball control, pace and dribbles kept the Arsenal back line busy all through the game. His performance earned him a man of the match rating.

However Porto’s goalkeeper Mouhamed Mbaye made two big save which was also very decisive in Porto successfully defending the title, which is usually contested by U23s of selected top division teams around Europe.

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/ex-golden-eaglet-star-musa-yahaya-post-man-of-the-match-performance-for-porto-in-win-over-arsenal/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 36 days 20 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2018
Martz101:

baba victor moses playing right wing for Nigeria and allowing simon and musa playing ahead of him will be a mistake

We are talking about 3-5-2. Where would Simon and Musa play that they would be ahead of him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:42pm On May 09, 2018
Sadiq Umar, Junior Lokosa Are Dark Horses To Make Eagles Squad For Congo Friendly

The duo of NAC Breda Sadiq Umar and Kano Pillars Junior Lokosa are most likely to gatecrash the Super Eagles squad for the upcoming friendly game against Congo, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.
Their possible inclusion in the list will also mean them earning a spot in the 35 man provisional squad of the senior national team of Nigeria for the World Cup in Russia in June.

Lokosa has taken the Nigerian league by storm this season with 16 goals to his name from 17 games, nine goals more than his closest challenger Stephen Alfred who has 8 goals for Kwara United.

On his part Sadiq who was Nigeria’s top scorer at the Olympic games in Rio has scored five goals in nine games for Dutch side NAC Breda, where he is on loan from Italian Serie A side Roma.

He joined Breda in January after terminating his loan deal with Torino and according to a top source, he could be in line for a shock call up to the Nigerian team for the World Cup as coach Gernot Rohr is seriously considering him.

” Sadiq and Lokosa are likely to make the Super Eagles squad for the friendly game against Congo, and if they impress Rohr, he might give them another chance in the Eagles final game against England “, the source told Owngoalnigeria.com.
” For Sadiq he will no doubt be in the team after the World Cup with the Eagles having as many as four games between the months of September and October. However Rohr could give him a chance sooner than expected ”.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/sadiq-umar-junior-lokosa-are-dark-horses-to-make-eagles-squad-for-congo-friendly/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 36 days 17 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On May 09, 2018
I doubt he is even the stand out player at Hull. Is he their player of the season? Statistical MOTM or official one?
Was he even nominated at all for the seasonal awards?

I already posted recent article on him.

komekn:

That is the point he is a stand out player.

How many MOTM has he won in his club and league, how many times has he been in the championship team of the week.

Do your homework and comment from knowledge not presumption.

Roberts came to Liverpool after Hull were relegated. I will expect to see Aina in the EPL next season.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On May 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
The bad performance I'm sure was on his part and not the tactic. Doesn't he even flop at times when playing His favorite role.

He couldn't make a single hold up play. Every time he got the ball it was taken from him. Playing striker is not just about scoring goals there is alot of physicality that goes with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:45pm On May 09, 2018
Nigerian Iniesta abi na Neymar lol

TheSuperNerd:
Ex Golden Eaglet Star Musa Yahaya Post Man Of The Match Performance For Porto In Win Over Arsenal

Arsenal U23s suffered another disappointment after losing yet again in the final of another Cup game, few days after losing the English FA Youth Cup to Chelsea.
Porto retained the Premier League International Cup title which they won last year with a slim 0-1 win over the youth team of the gunners with ex Nigeria youth international Musa Yahaya playing a pivotal role in sinking the young gunners.

Yahaya operated a little higher up the pitch, different from the wing back role he has played for most of the season for the B team of Porto in the second division in Portugal.

He was very lively and his close ball control, pace and dribbles kept the Arsenal back line busy all through the game. His performance earned him a man of the match rating.

However Porto’s goalkeeper Mouhamed Mbaye made two big save which was also very decisive in Porto successfully defending the title, which is usually contested by U23s of selected top division teams around Europe.

**Shedrack Obi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/ex-golden-eaglet-star-musa-yahaya-post-man-of-the-match-performance-for-porto-in-win-over-arsenal/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 36 days 20 mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:53pm On May 09, 2018
Certitude:

My point exactly. I wonder why they should think we all want the downfall of the team. Inasmuch as I want Rohr to succeed, anything short of the second round still places him behind Keshi. As elyte89 yarn, no one cares if he achieved that with carpenters.

Even if he gets dere,he hasn't won afcon yet, d only thing DT can eclipse keshis'feat at once is if d eagles gets to d last 4of Russia 2018.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2018
Onuachu alongside Umar and Simy are three of Nigeria's TALLEST Centre forwards in the "prospects department" of the Super Eagles... that is the uncapped prospects. But if asked to pick just one, who will you go for? wink

Ebere Paul Onuachu (23 years) with height 2.01 meters... 17 goals, 6 assists in 29 apps in all comps. (plays in the Danish SuperLigaen)

Sadiq Umar (21 years) with height of 1.92 meters.... 5goals, 3 assists in 16 apps in all comps. (plays in the Dutch eredivisie)

Simy Nwankwo (26 years) with height of 1.98 meters.... 6 goals, 1 assist in 22 apps in all comps. (plays in the Italian Serie A)

“Nigerian Peter Crouch” Paul Onuachu Explains How He Missed Out On Super Eagles Chance

Fit again 23 year old FC Midtjylland of Denmark forward Paul Onuachu is back among the goals once again after netting in their 2-1 win over Nordsjaelland.
Onuachu missed two months of league action due to an injury he picked up in their game against Horsens in February. Ironically he scored his last goal in that same game before netting again over the weekend.

Since returning for the team in April, he has played in three league games and one cup game as he continue to work his way towards full fitness once again in his bid to return back to the form that made him a nightmare to defenders.

His last season goal tally of 18 league goals from 36 which he followed up with nine goals at the start of the season in Denmark before he got injured caught the attention of the senior national team coach of Nigeria.

” I was suppose to be in the Nigerian squad for the last set of friendly games against Poland and Serbia but I was injured around when the squad was released. I’m back now and hoping to get a look in soon”, the 22 year old told Owngoalnigeria.com in an exclusive chat.

” My aim is to get back to scoring goals like I was doing before I got injured and hopefully I will make it hard for coach Gernot Rohr to ignore me. He is aware of me and that is a motivation I need to build on”, he concluded.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/nigerian-peter-crouch-paul-onuachu-explains-how-he-missed-out-on-super-eagles-chance/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days exactly to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2018
Isaac Success Still Has a Future At Watford – Owners Insist On Fringe Super Eagles Star

The career of Nigerian forward Isaac Success at English Premier League side Watford is far from over despite his failure to deliver on the promise that made Watford shell out €15m to sign him two years ago.
Success has struggled for form and fitness since his move to the Vicarage Road outfit with his life off the pitch not any better from the bad patch he has endured on the pitch.

He is presently out on loan to recently relegated Spanish LaLiga side Malaga but despite playing only 7 games since his move to the club in January and with no goal to his name he still has the trust of the owners of Watford.

He made 19 appearances in his debut season in English football and found the back of the net once but owners of the Premier League club are still convinced that he will come good very soon.

The Pozzo family are confident that the 22 year old will recapture the form he showed in 2013 as an U17 player of Nigeria, which made them use one of their teams back then in Udinese to snap him up.

They also had him play on loan at LaLiga side Granada, a club the family use to own until 2016, and at Granada he scored six goals in his first full season in the top flight.

Although they could run out of patience if he fails to deliver soon, but in the immediate he will be offered the chance to take part in the pre season activities of the club ahead of the start of next season English Premier League.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/isaac-success-still-has-a-future-at-watford-owners-insist-on-fringe-super-eagles-star/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 23 hours 55 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:18pm On May 09, 2018
shocked I've never seen Nigerians rocking the super eagles jersey like this oo..
Even the ladies aren't left out.. Saw one of em today shocked ..Nike,the NFF,and of course the Aba/Chinese boys are gonna make a lot of money if we manage to reach the final (I pray) grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:20pm On May 09, 2018
In other news, DR Congo has been hit with another Ebola outbreak... Any chance of the NFF pulling out of the friendly cus of it??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2018
Celta Vigo, Sporting Braga enter Emeka Atuloma race

Scorenigeria.com.ng has exclusively gathered that Spanish LA Liga side Celta Vigo have joined the race for Nigeria CHAN Eagles defensive midfielder Emeka Atuloma.

Also, Portuguese Premier League side Sporting Braga are understood to have shown interest in the strong Nigeria midfielder.
“There have been correspondences between Braga and Celta Vigo with the representatives of Emeka Atuloma,” a close source privy to the deal said to Scorenigeria.com.ng

“But no commitment has been made. They are waiting for the season in Europe to end before formal talks begin.”

There are also talks about an Israeli club tracking the midfielder, who currently plies his trade with Rivers United in the NPFL.

**By Sab Osuji

Source: http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/05/09/celta-vigo-sporting-braga-enter-emeka-atuloma-race/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 23 hours 31 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:28pm On May 09, 2018
Joel Obi is back from injury

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2018
Are you serious? Well, if so, then we have to pull out. There's no way we should risk ourselves and our players.

O pari

Danielnino00:
In other news, DR Congo has been hit with another Ebola outbreak... Any chance of the NFF pulling out of the friendly cus of it??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:32pm On May 09, 2018
OK. But how come he didn't play last weekend?

O pari

tbaba1234:
Joel Obi is back from injury

(1) (2) (3) ... (3483) (3484) (3485) (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joebie, charlesemeka85(m), Henrique99, ChrisKels, BascoVanVeli(m), KanielOutis92, sojious, KpagoGIN(m), villagereporter(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.