Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,513 members, 7,854,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11891528 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (16277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:28pm On May 09, 2018
Ojokojo, your papa!!!

Modified
Echiejile fasting and prayers don work o

TheSuperNerd:
Rohr Disappointed With Torunarigha’s Decision To Snub Nigeria For Germany, Extols Leon Balogun

The decision of Hertha Berlin defender Jordan Torunarigha to commit his International future to Germany ahead of Nigeria has been termed as a big disappointment by coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr.
Rohr met with the 19 year old Germany U21 international last year and held talks with him over switching allegiance to Nigeria since he is qualified to represent the West African nation through his father.

However Torunarigha whose father Ojokojo played for Nigeria league side Shooting Stars of Ibadan turned down the approach from Nigeria, insisting on progressing through the ranks with Germany instead of representing Nigeria at the World Cup in June.

”We would have liked to take him ( Torunarigha) to the World Cup if he had agreed to switch allegiance to Nigeria. I would have needed his kind of player in my squad”, Rohr was quoted as saying in a television interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Speaking further the coach praised the qualities of Leon Balogun who like Torunarigha was also eligible for Germany but opted for Nigeria, where he has grown into one of the stalwart of the team ahead of their campaign at the World Cup in Russia.

”Leon is one of my important players in the defence. He is fast and brings German mentality. His partnership with William Troost-Ekong has been very formidable “, the Franco-German coach said.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/rohr-disappointed-with-torunarighas-decision-to-snub-nigeria-for-germany-extols-leon-balogun/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 16 hours 38 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33pm On May 09, 2018
Iheanacho and Iwobi WhoScored Stats at FT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37pm On May 09, 2018
edi287:
Nacho!!! Nice goal

That's a good one. I saw how he won a penalty and also made Arsenal reduced to 10 man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:37pm On May 09, 2018
forgiveness:

That's a good one. I saw how he won a penalty and also made Arsenal reduced to 10 man.

in which match grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:39pm On May 09, 2018
EmmGee:

so back to where he belongs

Tammy is a Chelsea's player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:40pm On May 09, 2018
lexyman:

in which match grin grin grin

What do you mean, sir?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54pm On May 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's amazing that they are not seeing sense in what forgiveness said. We suffered a depletion in the national team as a result of the Keshi's choice of players and it affected us badly. We missed two Afcon. Some will say it was Oliseh and Siasia. I say one thing leads to another. Keshi removed the foundation, the house collapsed under Oliseh just like on the positive side Germany didn't win the WC in 2006 or 2010 but Klinsmann laid a solid foundation which Leow built upon and it eventually yielded fruit in 2014 and the Germans are still strong contenders.

Keshi did a lot of good work. It took hard Work and scouting for Keshi to build his conquering Super Eagles team. Put faith in some players who were not regular and was ready to keep trying. Siasia had a short stay. I have no doubt he would have built a brilliant team. Oliseh could not work in the environment, something Keshi worked under and succeeded.

Leave Keshi out. Who left solid Foundation for him?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:56pm On May 09, 2018
Uhmmm Egbon, It was Demarai Gray that won the penalty oooo... not Nacho.

forgiveness:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:58pm On May 09, 2018
Certitude:

There ain't no sense in it bro. It ain't as though we had em good players in abundance. You seem to forget so soon that Oliseh had his Ideas. Brought new cats on board with the aim of ditching the older players who were the foundation. Keshi wasn't even allowed to work sef yet he won som'n, even with his home based quota.

Keshi worked under terrible condition with no pay for long months, getting news of his sack after his expected loss to the Ivorians at the World Cup. The dismissal of his Assistant and Tactician, Sylvanus Okpala after the AFCON but yet managed to grind out results.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59pm On May 09, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I think he meant the red card. It is a slip of the keyboard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 12:13am On May 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

We are talking about 3-5-2. Where would Simon and Musa play that they would be ahead of him?

where did iwobi and iheanacho play against Argentina, where did musa play when he came on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 4:06am On May 10, 2018
forgiveness:

Tammy is a Chelsea's player.
i know. but he just came from the championship.

they should let him go back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:35am On May 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Keshi did a lot of good work. It took hard Work and scouting for Keshi to build his conquering Super Eagles team. Put faith in some players who were not regular and was ready to keep trying. Siasia had a short stay. I have no doubt he would have built a brilliant team. Oliseh could not work in the environment, something Keshi worked under and succeeded.

Did I say he didn't do no good work?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40am On May 10, 2018
I don't know why all these celebrations of Tammy's Swansea being relegated.

Tammy is a Chelsea player and will most likely be loaned out to another club.

This boy is still a young player coming up. And shouldnt be written off just yet.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:41am On May 10, 2018
Joebie:
Iheanacho and Iwobi WhoScored Stats at FT

Iheanacho is taller than Iwobi? Doesn't look so on the pitch.

Even weighs more than Iwobi. Hmm, can Iheanacho be weighing 82kg? For a 21 years old footballer?
I hope those figures are correct.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:44am On May 10, 2018
gamaliel9:
Swansea hehe those Ghanaians[Ayew brothers] brought their bad mouth and bad luck join there

Lucky you! You know say if to say Nigeria no qualify for world cup, the ghanaian troll would av come for ur head heavily. You for hear am!

Ol boy, No dey diss Ghana like that na! They are our Bredas!

By the way, wetin be that ghanaian Moniker again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2018
kennysville:

Lucky you! You know say if to say Nigeria no qualify for world cup, the ghanaian troll would av come for ur head heavily. You for hear am!

Ol boy, No dey diss Ghana like that na! They are our Bredas!

By the way, wetin be that ghanaian Moniker again?

Don't mention any of those monikers here. They know nothing but trouble.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:00am On May 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you
Many have forgotten have the then NFF booked returned ticket immediately we draw CIV at the quarter final of 2013 AFCON

Many have forgotten how NFF keep fighting over who to hold on to glass House... Chris Giwa and AmajuPinnick which linger close to 2yrs and originally cost us the two AFCON representation

Many have forgotten how Keshi was sabotage cos they dont want him in super eagles.

Many have forgotten that he loses his wife to cancer which tells on him alot

I'm not making excuses for keshi but this is the man that brought so much joy to us when we have no single team.
Do you still remember how many unbeaten runs we have prior to confederation cup?

We should cut keshi some slack. Even though he have his bad side particularly on player selection still he gives out results.

Keshi deserve some accolades.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 7:10am On May 10, 2018
Icon4s:

Even weighs more than Iwobi. Hmm, can Iheanacho be weighing 82kg? For a 21 years old footballer?
82kg is no biggie. I weighed that much when I was 22.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:12am On May 10, 2018
charlesemeka85:

i dont disrespect the dead but it hurts me when people paint keshi as the messiah of our football but was sacked unjustly. why is it that every keshi fan out there does nothing but pray for rohr to fail? for christ sake you and i never gave this team a chance when the world cup qualifiers was drawn, we found our beloved team against 3 afcon winners, an Algerian team that was ranked number 1 in Africa as of then, a Cameroonian team that just got crowned afcon champions few months before the draw and a never say die Zambian team who we never find it easy against. i started having believe on this when rohr and his boys got 3 points away to Zambia. the German was able assemble a team in no distant time and displayed an attacking style of football that made them scary before opposing teams. after the defeat to south africa the team came back stronger and walloped Cameroon in uyo by 4 goals to nil! went to cameroon on the return leg and almost got away with 3 points if not for ezenwa's recklessness. watching the team you will see a unit that understands each other coupled with harmony,love and respect for one another.it gladdens my heart to know that the nff have act fast by giving rohr a new contract just because he is on the right track notwithstanding the outcome olf the teams outing in Russia

Unless the eagles get to the quarter final in Russia, all this grammar will be in waste. Is this the first time we are qualifying for the world cup? No coach in recent years whether foreign or local has gotten the kind of support rohr has had so no excuse in Russia, OK?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:13am On May 10, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

Thank you
Many have forgotten have the then NFF booked returned ticket immediately we draw CIV at the quarter final of 2013 AFCON

Many have forgotten how NFF keep fighting over who to hold on to glass House... Chris Giwa and AmajuPinnick which linger close to 2yrs and originally cost us the two AFCON representation

Many have forgotten how Keshi was sabotage cos they dont want him in super eagles.

Many have forgotten that he loses his wife to cancer which tells on him alot

I'm not making excuses for keshi but this is the man that brought so much joy to us when we have no single team.
Do you still remember how many unbeaten runs we have prior to confederation cup?

We should cut keshi some slack. Even though he have his bad side particularly on player selection still he gives out results.

Keshi deserve some accolades.

Keshi remains our best coach until Nigeria reaches the quarter final of the world cup, period.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:16am On May 10, 2018
PDPGuy:

82kg is no biggie. I weighed that much when I was 22.

For his height I find it difficult. That was just slightly less than what I weighed at about the age of 30 before my Doctor referred me to a dietitian who placed me on a diet plan, saying my BMI was tending towards obessity. And I am about 176cm tall.

Well could be that he has very thick bones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2018
Rohr Is 24th Best Paid Coach To Russia 2018, Low Highest Paid

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr will be the 24th highest paid coach at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, according to a report published in the Netherlands on Wednesday.
Rohr, who is leading Nigeria for their sixth World Cup finals with the Super Eagles going unbeaten during the qualifying campaign, earns £436,600 per annum, according to Dutch media and entertainment company Zoomin TV.
In Africa, Rohr is the third highest paid coach behind Egypt’s Hector Cuper, who earns £1.30m per annum and Herve Renard of Morocco with a take home pay of £681,000.

Cuper is the 11th highest paid coach while Renard is 21st. Tunisia head coach, Nabil Maaloul, is the fourth best paid coach aming the African coaches. Maloul earns £305,500 per annum.

Senegal’s Aliou Cisse is the lowest-paid of the 32 coaches in Russia this summer, taking home £174,500-a-year.

Germany head coach Joachim Low will be the highest earner in Russia when the Germans defend their title. He earns £3.31million and he is followed by Brazil boss Tite and Didier Deschamps of France, who both clear £3.02million.

Spain’s Julen Lopetegui, Stanislav Cherchesov of Russia and Portugal’s Fernando Santos, Iran’s Carlos Queiroz, Gareth Southgate of England, Jorge Sampaoli of Argentina and Oscar Tabarez complete the top ten.

WORLD CUP COACHES EARNINGS TABLE
1: Joachim Low (Germany) £3.31m
2: Tite (Brazil), Didier Deschamps (France) £3.02m
4: Julian Lopetegui (Spain) £2.58m
5: Stanislav Cherchesov (Russia) £2.21m
6: Fernando Santos (Portugal) £1.91m
=7: Carlos Queiroz (Iran), Gareth Southgate (England) £1.69m
9: Jorge Sampaoli (Argentina) £1.55m
10: Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay) £1.47m
11: Hector Cuper (Egypt), Jose Peckerman (Colombia) £1.30m
13: Juan Pizzi (Saudi Arabia) £1.23m
14: Bert van Marwijk (Australia) £1.03m
15: Ricardo Gareca (Peru) £960,000
16: Juan Osorio (Mexico) £880,000
=17: Age Hareide (Denmark), Akira Nishino (Japan), Roberto Martinez (Belgium) £810,000
20: Vladimir Petkovic (Switzerland) £740,000
21: Herve Renard (Morocco) £681,000
22: Helmir Hallgrimsson (Iceland) £611,000
23: Zlatko Dalic (Croatia) £478,500
24: Gernot Rohr (Nigeria) £436,600
=25: Janne Andersson (Sweden), Shin Tae-yong (South Korea) £392,500
27: Hernan Gomez (Panama) £349,000
=28: Nabil Maaloul (Tunisia), Oscar Ramirez (Costa Rica) £305,500
30: Mladen Krstajic (Serbia) £261,400
31: Adam Nawalka (Poland) £235,600
32: Allou Cisse (Senegal) £174,500

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-is-24th-best-paid-coach-to-russia-2018-low-highest-paid/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 8 hours 33 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:31am On May 10, 2018
The one thing I really liked about Huddersfield staying up is because that is Leon Balogun's likely destination. Although nothing is set in stone yet.

Personally, I like the manager, David Wagner who is a good friend of Jurgen Klopp. He has a good football philosophy.

Should Leon end up at Huddersfield, then Billing should get set to be talked into the Eagles revolution. wink

And relegated or not... Tammy Abraham is still a good player. Still young and can still grow into a real force. He chose England but that should not make us blind to his potentials aiit. Good luck to the lad.

Lukas Nmecha replaced Yaya Toure in Yaya's final game at the Etihad... this Nmecha kid seems to be riding on faith shown in him by the manager Pep, we should have our eyes peeled for him too although it would be a battle to land him. We can only keep doing the best we can to lure the foreign borns having Nigerian blood, we may not get all, but we can land some quality ones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:35am On May 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Rohr Is 24th Best Paid Coach To Russia 2018, Low Highest Paid

Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr will be the 24th highest paid coach at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, according to a report published in the Netherlands on Wednesday.
Rohr, who is leading Nigeria for their sixth World Cup finals with the Super Eagles going unbeaten during the qualifying campaign, earns £436,600 per annum, according to Dutch media and entertainment company Zoomin TV.
In Africa, Rohr is the third highest paid coach behind Egypt’s Hector Cuper, who earns £1.30m per annum and Herve Renard of Morocco with a take home pay of £681,000.

Cuper is the 11th highest paid coach while Renard is 21st. Tunisia head coach, Nabil Maaloul, is the fourth best paid coach aming the African coaches. Maloul earns £305,500 per annum.

Senegal’s Aliou Cisse is the lowest-paid of the 32 coaches in Russia this summer, taking home £174,500-a-year.

Germany head coach Joachim Low will be the highest earner in Russia when the Germans defend their title. He earns £3.31million and he is followed by Brazil boss Tite and Didier Deschamps of France, who both clear £3.02million.

Spain’s Julen Lopetegui, Stanislav Cherchesov of Russia and Portugal’s Fernando Santos, Iran’s Carlos Queiroz, Gareth Southgate of England, Jorge Sampaoli of Argentina and Oscar Tabarez complete the top ten.

WORLD CUP COACHES EARNINGS TABLE
1: Joachim Low (Germany) £3.31m
2: Tite (Brazil), Didier Deschamps (France) £3.02m
4: Julian Lopetegui (Spain) £2.58m
5: Stanislav Cherchesov (Russia) £2.21m
6: Fernando Santos (Portugal) £1.91m
=7: Carlos Queiroz (Iran), Gareth Southgate (England) £1.69m
9: Jorge Sampaoli (Argentina) £1.55m
10: Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay) £1.47m
11: Hector Cuper (Egypt), Jose Peckerman (Colombia) £1.30m
13: Juan Pizzi (Saudi Arabia) £1.23m
14: Bert van Marwijk (Australia) £1.03m
15: Ricardo Gareca (Peru) £960,000
16: Juan Osorio (Mexico) £880,000
=17: Age Hareide (Denmark), Akira Nishino (Japan), Roberto Martinez (Belgium) £810,000
20: Vladimir Petkovic (Switzerland) £740,000
21: Herve Renard (Morocco) £681,000
22: Helmir Hallgrimsson (Iceland) £611,000
23: Zlatko Dalic (Croatia) £478,500
24: Gernot Rohr (Nigeria) £436,600
=25: Janne Andersson (Sweden), Shin Tae-yong (South Korea) £392,500
27: Hernan Gomez (Panama) £349,000
=28: Nabil Maaloul (Tunisia), Oscar Ramirez (Costa Rica) £305,500
30: Mladen Krstajic (Serbia) £261,400
31: Adam Nawalka (Poland) £235,600
32: Allou Cisse (Senegal) £174,500

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/rohr-is-24th-best-paid-coach-to-russia-2018-low-highest-paid/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 8 hours 33 mins to go

Poor Allou Cisse. The only black coach, the least paid coach.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:50am On May 10, 2018
NFF in Talks with Mikel, Moses over Image Rights
By Duro Ikhazuagbe

Mikel Obi, Super Eagles captain

Two senior players of the Super Eagles, John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses have been unsettled by the World Cup 2018 partnership the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) entered into with soft drink giant, Coca-Cola.
Both players have individual sponsorship deals with rival Pepsi-Cola.

THISDAY learnt yesterday that agents representing the two influential members of the Super Eagles wrote to the NFF recently, complaining of brand infringement on their clients as a result of the Coca-Cola deal with the Glass House.

They said the use of the image of their clients on branding by Coca-Cola may lead to the players running into infringement problems with the rival Pepsi and thereby risk losing the deal.

The complaints were similar to the same issues raised by rave of the English Premier League, Mohamed Salah with the Egyptian FA when his image was used to brand the aircraft used by the Pharaohs. The Egyptian FA have a sponsorship deal with a telcom firm different from the individual deal Salah has with a rival telco.

However, a top source at the NFF said yesterday that the matter raised by representatives of both Mikel and Moses was being looked into with the hope that it will not affect the relationships the various parties have with their sponsors.

“Yes, we (the NFF officials) have been contacted by the agents of Mikel and Moses on the Coca-Cola deal.
“They have stated that their clients have deals with another soft drink company. But it’s nothing for Nigerians to get worried over as the matter is being sorted out.
“We have made the initial response and all sides are talking and I believe it won’t cause us any distractions,” stressed the NFF official who refused to be named in print last night.

Further checks by THISDAY revealed yesterday that Mikel’s agent appears to understand the matter better and willing to concede so long as his client is not to be made to endorse the rival soft drink brand as part of his duty as captain of the Super Eagles.

“No, It won’t get to that. We understand the position of the players and their individual image rights. Players are allowed to have personal endorsements on their choice of boots and gloves in the case of goalkeepers but other areas such as kits, equipment and accommodation are taken as group rights with clubs or the federations,” stressed the NFF official conversant with players’ image rights at both club and country levels.

It is generally believed that one of the reasons that Adidas refused to renew its contract with Super Eagles was because of the manner a former coach of the team was fond of spotting rival NIKE products even at competitions.

@Last comment- The late great, Stephen Keshi, Nigeria's most successful coach of all time, comes to mind grin He loves his Nike cap even on his Adidas tracksuit... loolll

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/10/nff-in-talks-with-mikel-moses-over-image-rights/amp/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 8 hours 9mins to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:04am On May 10, 2018
I was thinking the same lol
Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:05am On May 10, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I usually have this feeling of discomfort when watching Chelsea play with our own deadly Vicmo playing as a wingback. Phew!

Chances of him getting injured is quite slimmer in his wingback role
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:18am On May 10, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Chai! My bad. grin

I mixed things up. grin

I thought the foul that led to the red card was in the box. I was watching Chelsea's match with anger, so I was not concentrating well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20am On May 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Keshi destroyed the National team. EOD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2018
Another Post-Russia prospect we can look into with time....

Ryan Sanusi of Sparta Rotterdam in the dutch eredivisie leads the stats for most tackles in the league according to Whoscored.com.

He is their captain and plays as a central midfielder and defensive midfielder (CDM). He is also cousin to Belgian international, Moussa dembele of Tottenham.
Ryan Sanusi is still just 26, born to a Nigerian father and Belgian mother, and still eligible for both Nigeria and Belgium. Had a few caps for Belgium at U-20 levels.

Recall this news article from OGN...

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/20/nff-open-talks-with-dembeles-cousin-sanusi-who-wants-to-play-for-nigeria-ahead-of-belgium/

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:24am On May 10, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I think he meant the red card. It is a slip of the keyboard.

Your head dey dere. Take 3 gbosaas! cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (16277) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), COOL10(m), trilacos, dijon, charlesemeka85(m), chrisooblog, akwesenana, Pidginwhisper, shawwal1(m), ToyinDipo(m), minfelix(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.