Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11845038 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:48pm On May 09, 2018
Swansea Mathematically not relegated but realistically relegated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:54pm On May 09, 2018
Tammy finally relegated Swansea. Southgate told us he was the next best thing after slice bread and that he is a seasoned player. I called him a flash in the pan, a one season wonder, a championship player, an over hyped player, his fan boys called me a hater. But today he finally proved me right.

I will reiterate ; any day any time, I will select my boy Sadiq Umar ahead of Tammy because he is far more a better player than Tammy.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:55pm On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:
Swansea Mathematically not relegated but realistically relegated.

Dat one concerns you grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:01pm On May 09, 2018
When I told u guys we dodged a hot copper bullet in Dat Tammy guy, his fan boys thought I was a sore loser.

I av seen him closely and can boldly tell u Dat my Osimhen is more equipped (talent wise) than that Southgate's boy wonder.

Breeze will never cease to blow make we dey see fowl yansh Hahahahahah grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:01pm On May 09, 2018
tbaba1234:

According to Nike, It will be out in June.

Na Nike dey fire gbaguan like this? What is before they release?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:07pm On May 09, 2018
Humility017:

and who picked the strikers for that tourney?
you guys are trying to absolve keshi of any blame...
even when oliseh criticised him for over relying on home.based players he lambasted him...
It's amazing that they are not seeing sense in what forgiveness said. We suffered a depletion in the national team as a result of the Keshi's choice of players and it affected us badly. We missed two Afcon. Some will say it was Oliseh and Siasia. I say one thing leads to another. Keshi removed the foundation, the house collapsed under Oliseh just like on the positive side Germany didn't win the WC in 2006 or 2010 but Klinsmann laid a solid foundation which Leow built upon and it eventually yielded fruit in 2014 and the Germans are still strong contenders.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by korlahwarleh: 10:09pm On May 09, 2018
How can someone be blaming a single player ON LOAN for the failure of a team (which is not his parent club) he's playing for?

I don't get.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:10pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
Krsto Reskusic must be reading my mind because he had just posted the same thing I have been saying ever since the draw came out. Our fate should be decided after the first game. If we screw it up then it's all over. If we can get a result - any result at all, even a goalless draw, then I like our chances. And I said that because Argentina would've qualified before our last game against them; hence, they may decide to rest some players including Messi.

In fact, the only good news that came out of this world cup draw for us is the match schedule.

O pari

Once we lose the first match we are out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:24pm On May 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

I share ur opinion too,I pray we draw DT match against Croatia sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2018
Tammy might even be back at Chelsea next season sef. I don't care about Swansea for crying out loud the story of the day is Nacho waking his teammates up with a top notch performance.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's amazing that they are not seeing sense in what forgiveness said. We suffered a depletion in the national team as a result of the Keshi's choice of players and it affected us badly. We missed two Afcon. Some will say it was Oliseh and Siasia. I say one thing leads to another. Keshi removed the foundation, the house collapsed under Oliseh just like on the positive side Germany didn't win the WC in 2006 or 2010 but Klinsmann laid a solid foundation which Leow built upon and it eventually yielded fruit in 2014 and the Germans are still strong contenders.
There ain't no sense in it bro. It ain't as though we had em good players in abundance. You seem to forget so soon that Oliseh had his Ideas. Brought new cats on board with the aim of ditching the older players who were the foundation. Keshi wasn't even allowed to work sef yet he won som'n, even with his home based quota.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

No I don't agree at all. Argentina can be beat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2018
elyte89:

I share ur opinion too,I pray we draw DT match against Croatia sad
You pray we draw ke?
O boy if that is your prayer point you better change it.
We should pray for a win biko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:36pm On May 09, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Guys I just gotta say that Iwobi is real class. The way he romances the ball and all.... This kid is gonna be a super clsss act for years to come.

And in this first half, e be like say Cech and Iheanacho get quarrel before. Nacho wan kill am with shots bikonu.... Na wa!

Iheanacho is in beast mode but not at peak beast mode level yet even..... He's truly on fire.
Iwobi played better today, but I now know it's a problem with players at Arsenal that were quickly brought to the main squad, and that's their shooting accuracy.... Bellerin, Iwobi, Holding, Chambers, Niles. They have poor shooting. Nacho too showed some stupid decisions with his shots, but by the selfish way mahrez played, I'll not blame him much. I hope for a good outing for Nigeria so he leaves Leicester. Enough of blue.

Then, that fact that he's younger than Iwobi? Naa grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:41pm On May 09, 2018
korlahwarleh:
How can someone be blaming a single player ON LOAN for the failure of a team (which is not his parent club) he's playing for?

I don't get.

He's praised as the one who singlehandedly kept Bristol in the championship when he was there. If he had repeated that feat, his fans would still av said he singlehandedly kept Swansea in the EPL without acknowledging that he didn't do it alone, but u want us now to share the blame amongst other players while he takes the glories when things are going well? U r funny bro grin

Apart from that, he was signed as Swansea' undisputed point man to help them bang in the goals, he flopped, he disappointed those banking on him to deliver. He was so bad he got relegated to the bench. If he was good and doing his assignments as wished, I assure you Swansea wouldn't have been relegated.

Swansea had not many strikers in the EPL before him but none took Swansea to the championship but in his case grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:43pm On May 09, 2018
Tammy will most likely be loaned to another EPL club grin
Lucque:
it could b a blessing in disguise, he could become highest goal scorer in d championship again... grin
Or he could learn pure ND original humility.... Who knows cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:43pm On May 09, 2018
Icon4s:

You pray we draw ke?

O boy if that is your prayer point you better change it.

We should pray for a win biko.

Baba win,ok... Let's b hopeful sha,but DT win dey slim
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2018
daveP:
Iwobi played better today, but I now know it's a problem with players at Arsenal that were quickly brought to the main squad, and that's their shooting accuracy.... Bellerin, Iwobi, Holding, Chambers, Niles. They have poor shooting. Nacho too showed some stupid decisions with his shots, but by the selfish way mahrez played, I'll not blame him much. I hope for a good outing for Nigeria so he leaves Leicester. Enough of blue.

Then, that fact that he's younger than Iwobi? Naa grin

Iheanacho , Maharez and Vardy didn't play together .... i think something was wrong about their cohesion, not until the coach removed Nacho .....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:49pm On May 09, 2018
Osimhen has done absolutely nothing in the Bundesliga. What are u yapping sir? Tammy still has more goals this season than any Super Eagles player in the EPL.

That said, I’m happy he is not going to Russia with the queen either. I think we got his younger bro in the bag. grin

ChrisKels:
When I told u guys we dodged a hot copper bullet in Dat Tammy guy, his fan boys thought I was a sore loser.

I av seen him closely and can boldly tell u Dat my Osimhen is more equipped (talent wise) than that Southgate's boy wonder.

Breeze will never cease to blow make we dey see fowl yansh Hahahahahah grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49pm On May 09, 2018
elyte89:

Baba win,ok... Let's b hopeful sha,but DT win dey slim
O boy na win Jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
To answer your challenge/question, sir: Well, you've represented yourself as Komekn when you're actually Forgiveness grin

Does that one count

O pari

I will leave others on this forum to reply to you.

To enter the discussion is to give credence to your misplaced disillusions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:54pm On May 09, 2018
Iwobi honored at Best of Africa Awards.
On CNN now

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2018
lexyman:

Iheanacho , Maharez and Vardy didn't play together .... i think something was wrong about their cohesion, not until the coach removed Nacho .....
Nigerian players have always been around players that were selfish since 2000. Adriano and Martins... etc.

Mahrez own too much. He seems to want to take risks than being asked to. Nacho and Mahrez can play together to me, and the game wouldn't ruin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2018
Philip Anyanwu Billing was also very decent today for Huddersfield in their 1-1 draw game against Chelsea which kept them in the EPL officially.

I watched his game and I think he can add something and more quality competition to the Super Eagles post-Russia. Fine prospect he is. Remember he is also eligible for Denmark.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:12pm On May 09, 2018
Goke7:

what an exaggeration! lol

Na fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Tammy might even be back at Chelsea next season sef. I don't care about Swansea for crying out loud the story of the day is Nacho waking his teammates up with a top notch performance.

Nna you head dey dia jare.... I di kwa on point.....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
Hmmm. I am a big fan of Chidozie Awaziem, but I don't know about that (@the highlighted). Not many players can play the DM role better than Ndidi because he's workhorse - in the mold of Ngolo Kante or Moses Kpakor of Clemense Westerhof era. However, I do agree that Awaziem might provide more creativity in that position but then we'll be missing Ndidi's tackling and ball winning skills.

Like I was telling one of my contacts in Barca's Front Office, "Wilfred Ndidi is arguably the best babysitter in the business". Do you realize that Leicester City is totally a mediocre team without Ndidi? That tells you his real worth.

O pari

We wouldn't have known if Ndidi was still playing as a CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15pm On May 09, 2018
Icon79:
To answer your challenge/question, sir: Well, you've represented yourself as Komekn when you're actually Forgiveness grin

Does that one count

O pari

Are you for real!? Forgiveness is Komekn!?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17pm On May 09, 2018
Mujtahida:

You understood my point well. Bravo. Park su.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2018
Rohr Disappointed With Torunarigha’s Decision To Snub Nigeria For Germany, Extols Leon Balogun

The decision of Hertha Berlin defender Jordan Torunarigha to commit his International future to Germany ahead of Nigeria has been termed as a big disappointment by coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr.
Rohr met with the 19 year old Germany U21 international last year and held talks with him over switching allegiance to Nigeria since he is qualified to represent the West African nation through his father.

However Torunarigha whose father Ojokojo played for Nigeria league side Shooting Stars of Ibadan turned down the approach from Nigeria, insisting on progressing through the ranks with Germany instead of representing Nigeria at the World Cup in June.

”We would have liked to take him ( Torunarigha) to the World Cup if he had agreed to switch allegiance to Nigeria. I would have needed his kind of player in my squad”, Rohr was quoted as saying in a television interview monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

Speaking further the coach praised the qualities of Leon Balogun who like Torunarigha was also eligible for Germany but opted for Nigeria, where he has grown into one of the stalwart of the team ahead of their campaign at the World Cup in Russia.

”Leon is one of my important players in the defence. He is fast and brings German mentality. His partnership with William Troost-Ekong has been very formidable “, the Franco-German coach said.

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/05/09/rohr-disappointed-with-torunarighas-decision-to-snub-nigeria-for-germany-extols-leon-balogun/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 16 hours 38 mins to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:21pm On May 09, 2018
daveP:
Nigerian players have always been around players that were selfish since 2000. Adriana and Martins... etc.

Mahrez own too much. He seems to want to take risks than being asked to. Nacho and Mahrez can play together to me, and the game wouldn't ruin.
leave Mahrez abeg, the guy no dey go World Cup thanks to your Nacho and his team mates, let him enjoy the remaining games he has to play on a big stage

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:25pm On May 09, 2018
Kayode Wins Ukrainian Cup With Shakhtar Donetsk
By Adeboye Amosu

Nigeria forward Kayode Olanrewaju won his first major piece of silverware with Shakhtar Donetsk who defeated arch rivals Dynamo Kiev 2-0 in the final of the Ukrainian Cup at the Dnipro Arena on Wednesday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Kayode, who scored the in the semi-final win against Marioupol last month, started the game on the bench and came as replacement for Victor Kovalenko in the second half
It was the 12th time the Miners will be lifting the trophy.

Argentine forward, Facunda Ferreyra, opened scoring two minutes after the break.
Yaroslav Rakitskiy put the game beyond Dynamo Kiev when he fired home the second goal a minute after the half hour mark.
Paulo Fonseca’s men are course to win the domestic double for the second consecutive season as they currently enjoy a five-point lead over Dynamo Kiev in the Ukrainian Premier League table.

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/kayode-wins-ukrainian-cup-with-shakhtar-donetsk/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 35 days 16 hours 33 mins to go

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3486) (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lyster360, yinkeys(m), dankorode(m), mank1234(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.