Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11873846 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 2:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Done! smiley

Meanwhile... The spambot again eh.. No wonder I saw 1234... 5!!! I was like... "Huh?"

My link was actually a german site so that was why.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Juventus On Alert As Inter-Milan Contract
Talks With On Loan “Nigerian Kante” Awua Stalls

Italian giants Juventus have sounded out Serie B side Spezia over the possibilities of signing
Theophilus Awua, who is presently on loan to
Inter-Milan for the rest of the season.

Awua was acquired by Inter-Milan on loan for
€200,000, but with an agreement to sign the 18 year old on a permanent deal in the summer of 2017 based on his progress for a fee of €2 million.

The Nigerian has progressed nicely with the
Primavera side of Inter-Milan distinguishing
himself in most of their games, but the upper
ends in the camp of the Nerazzurri are yet to ring up Spezia over a permanent deal.

”We are yet to hear from Inter-Milan over the
permanent signing of Awua, it’s still early days
yet, as we still have time on our hands but his
performances have alerted Juventus, they
contacted Spezia”, an official of Awua’s nursery
team in Nigeria Football Academy Abuja told
Owngoalnigeria

”Inter-Milan have first option of refusal but
there’s a time limit set for them to firm up their
interest with money over his permanent signing,
if that time elapsed without contact from Inter,
then teams like Juventus will snap him up”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/juventus-on-alert-as-inter-milan-contract-talks-with-on-loan-nigerian-kante-awua-stalls/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
I knew it must be a foreign site... I just stumbled on the news on owngoalnigeria and logged in to post only to see tbaba12345 talking about it.. And some spambot... Loolll

tbaba12345:

My link was actually a german site so that was why.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You think Spurs will bench Kane for Iheanacho.

Definitely not, but he will surely be ahead of Janssen who has been given enough time to impress in the absence of Kane (who wil not be fit at all times) but has always under perform.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Good 2 Be Here. Super Eagles Are My Darling Team Besides Chelseafc,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Claude Puel's current work with Nathan Redmond is very very good and interesting.

Puel is a fantastic talents-moulding manager/coach.

Look, Sir GoodJoe, I have already said it before in my long epistle on this matter. I LIKE GUARDIOLA'S WORK WITH YOUNG PLAYERS LIKE NACHO BUT I DONT TRUST HIM WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING TIME FOR NACHO.

PEP GUARDIOLA IS NOT THE ONLY FANTASTIC TALENTS-MOULDING COACH AROUND.

There's Mauricio Pochettino also and a few more.... The only difference is they unlike Guardiola will give Nacho playing time as he develops on the training ground also.

And WHAT THE HECK IS PEP PLANNING BY WANTING TO BRING ANOTHER BIG NAME PLAYER WORTH MILLIONS OF EUROS OR POUNDS TO THE ETIHAD?? IS GABRIEL JESUS NOT ENOUHH PILL TO SWALLOW?

He still wants Neymar? Messi? When a Nacho is there to focus all his energy on and a Gabriel to join in january?? I asked this same question few pages back and I ask it again... WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEP??

I swear ehn hin won kill d talent 4 us nio... angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
Elnino9:
Good 2 Be Here. Super Eagles Are My Darling Team Besides Chelseafc,

Bro... u ain't alone grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
NO SPARTAK MOSCOW DEAL FOR NIGERIA
LEAGUE HOTSHOT OBAJE AFTER FAILED MEDICAL

Godwin Obaje

We can authoritatively report today that Nigeria
league hotshot Godwin Obaje was not given a
contract by top Russian club Spartak Moscow
after he failed a medical.

Obaje fired 18 goals last season for Wikki Tourists to finish as Goal King of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

There have been claims and counter claims about the true situation with the striker as regards a contract with Spartak, but sources familiar with this transaction have now opened up fully on the whole saga.

“Obaje did enough in the trials to get a contract, but Spartak did not give him one because his medical revealed some issues,” disclosed one of the top sources.

“The Russians are very thorough about their
medical and so passed off the chance to sign the player.

“That was really why he is back in Nigeria without a contract.”

It was further understood he could now explore
some overseas interests or even sign up with a
Nigeria premier league club for the new season.

Obaje has interested clubs in Israel, Norway and
Tunisia before he opted to try his luck with
Spartak.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/668083/No-Spartak-Moscow-deal-for-Nigeria-league-hotshot-Obaje-after-failed-medical
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
MOROCCAN CLUB WAC TO OFFLOAD NIGERIA
STRIKER CHISOM CHIKATARA

Chikatara

Nigeria striker Chisom Chikatara has become
surplus to requirements at top Moroccan club
Wydad Casabalanca, who have subsequently
placed him on transfer.

Chikatara joined WAC in July on a three-year
contract after a protracted drama regarding the
transfer.

However, the Moroccans have since crashed out of this year’s CAF Champions League and coach John Toshack, who signed the Abia Warriors striker, was fired.

“Chikatara has been transfer listed,” said a
source.

“Toshack was signed in September and the new
coach (Sebastien Desabre)says he does not need him and so the player will now have to find
another club.”

The 22-year-old Chikatara shone at this year’s
CHAN in Rwanda, scoring four goals including a
hat-trick against Niger, but Nigeria failed to go
past the group stage.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/668085/Moroccan-club-WAC-to-offload-Nigeria-striker-Chisom-Chikatara
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Leicester City Urged To Make Etebo Top Priority In January As Move For Wilfred Ndidi Stalls Over Price

Top Israeli scout David Ouziel has urged English
Premier League champions Leicester City to move for Oghenekaro Etebo of CD Feirense in the January transfer window.

Although they are heavily linked with a move for another Nigerian in Wilfred Ndidi of Genk, Ouziel believes the N’golo Kante role which they have failed to cover up since his departure to Chelsea, can be filled by Etebo with ease.

Leicester City who are struggling to agree on a
price for Genk, could get Etebo for a lesser
amount, even though his quality has been proven by his performances in Portugal and for the Nigerian team.

Ouziel who is famed for transferring talented
Nigerian players revealed to Owngoalnigeria.com
during a chat at his recently concluded screening exercise, that three years ago he saw the potential in Etebo, who is reportedly on the wish list of several European teams.

”Three years ago, I predicted that Etebo will be a top star, to me he is the best Nigerian player not playing in a top club. He is top quality and looks like what Leicester City are lacking at the
moment” Ouziel told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”His price will be moderate but he is top quality
and will be a bargain buy for any team that end
up signing him in January, but I so badly wish he move to England, Leicester City precisely”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/leicester-city-urged-to-make-etebo-top-priority-in-january-as-move-for-wilfred-ndidi-stalls-over-price/

I am so excited abt this news.

Etebo would be a great asset to Leicester. His pace and energy level will jst fit in so well.

I wish they can get Ndidi too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
If this boy is good, he might be worth keeping an eye on...

15 Year Old German Born Whizkid With Nigerian Roots Opts For Eagles Ahead Of Germany And Croatia

One of the top rated prospects in German youth football set up Midhat Bajric dubbed the new David Alaba has committed his international future to Nigeria.

Born in Germany to a Croatian father and a German mother with a Nigerian father, the Nuremburg central defence kingpin says his parents are in support of his decision to dump Germany and Croatia for Nigeria.

Speaking to an online sports news outlet in Nigeria FC Naija, the teen who distinguished himself in a recent game for Nuremburg revealed he followed Nigerian football and footballers closely.

“Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and others, so many of them. I want to say that I will be very proud to play for Nigeria and make Nigerians proud.

” My parents support my choice, though my parents are no more together but they still support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja, Lagos one day.

“I have been following Nigeria football, recently I watched them in Rio Brazil, I was so proud when they performed well.

“My role model is Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, John Obi Mikel and so many of them I can’t remember their names.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/15-year-old-german-born-whizkid-with-nigerian-roots-opts-for-eagles-ahead-of-germany-and-croatia/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Already dropped it in the talents/cadet players thread by Joseph1013. smiley

Meanwhile, I see Tbaba1234 and Tbaba12345 viewing the thread...

Oga Tbaba... Which way naa... sad

tbaba12345:

15 Year Old German Born Whizkid With Nigerian Roots Opts For Eagles Ahead Of Germany And Croatia

One of the top rated prospects in German youth football set up Midhat Bajric dubbed the new David Alaba has committed his international future to Nigeria.

Born in Germany to a Croatian father and a German mother with a Nigerian father, the Nuremburg central defence kingpin says his parents are in support of his decision to dump Germany and Croatia for Nigeria.

Speaking to an online sports news outlet in Nigeria FC Naija, the teen who distinguished himself in a recent game for Nuremburg revealed he followed Nigerian football and footballers closely.

“Yes, that has been my dream; I am white by skin but Nigerian inside. I am a Nigerian, I like to watch Nigeria football players, like Kelechi Iheanacho, John Obi Mikel, Ahmed Musa and others, so many of them. I want to say that I will be very proud to play for Nigeria and make Nigerians proud.

” My parents support my choice, though my parents are no more together but they still support my dream of playing for Nigeria. I want to visit Abuja, Lagos one day.

“I have been following Nigeria football, recently I watched them in Rio Brazil, I was so proud when they performed well.

“My role model is Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, John Obi Mikel and so many of them I can’t remember their names.”

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/30/15-year-old-german-born-whizkid-with-nigerian-roots-opts-for-eagles-ahead-of-germany-and-croatia/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Already dropped it in the talents/cadet players thread by Joseph1013. smiley

Meanwhile, I see Tbaba1234 and Tbaba12345 viewing the thread...

Oga Tbaba... Which way naa... sad

Midhat Bajric... Checked out his social media.. Kid identifies as Nigerian... It appears his mum not his Dad is Nigerian from the name. Anyway, It is good to see but hopefully he becomes a worthwhile talent.

We should be looking to give him a trial at the next screening of the under 17. Not wait till Germany comes for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
tbaba12345:

born in germany to a "croatian"father, "german mother" and a "nigerian" father... abeg who born dis guy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
bigblangston:
born in germany to a "croatian"father, "german mother" and a "nigerian" father... abeg who born dis guy?

"a Croatian father and a German mother with a Nigerian father"

His grandfather is Nigerian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2016
His mom is Nigerian-German.... Her dad is Nigerian.

This means the boy's maternal grandfather is Nigerian while the mom is mixed (Nigerian-german).

He's on my radar now...

"Yara Yara... Finish logging the info into our database mehn!"

Meanwhile Sir Tbaba... How far with Sir Tbaba1234... Still held by the spambot? Nna eh.... sad

tbaba12345:

Midhat Bajric... Checked out his social media.. Kid identifies as Nigerian... It appears his mum not his Dad is Nigerian from the name. Anyway, It is good to see but hopefully he becomes a worthwhile talent.

We should be looking to give him a trial at the next screening of the under 17. Not wait till Germany comes for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
princesuko:

Since it reeks of Ignorance name 11 talents bigger than Kelechi Nigeria has produced since Mikel. undecided

There seems to be an unhealthy pre-occupation with Kelechi on this thread. I can understand stand why but can we move on.

What actually makes him exceptional, objectively speaking, no sentiment Is it because he is at City

Playing in a team with World class players cam make you look World class. In reality Kelechi has not achieved anything to earn that title yet. Yet being the operative word here.

The real test is if he goes on loan to a less glamorous club. Then he will have the stage to prove his mettle. This could be a two edged sword, it could make him or break him.

But can we talk about some other Nigerian promising players,

I wonder how well Obagoal is doing? also the player that got injured in the last World cup not Onazi, he was playing in Ukraine, Yoruba name. He was dubbed then Nigeria Messi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
enigmaticmotik:

Definitely not, but he will surely be ahead of Janssen who has been given enough time to impress in the absence of Kane (who wil not be fit at all times) but has always under perform.

Iheanacho is ahead of every striker in City but Aguero. I think he is better off as a Number two striker to Aguero at City than Kane at Spurs. Pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2016
goldfish80:

All the players you mentioned were already established, well decorated international stars before ever meeting Guardiola.
Eto= already an African and La liga legend before ever meeting Guardiola.
Messi = best young player in the world by a distance and top 3-5 best player in the world before Guardiola took over. If anything, Frank Rijkaard will be credited for bringing Messi to limelight.
Muller = already a top top player for club and country before he met Guardiola. He broke all sorts of record for Germany in SA 2010 and a champions league winner before Guardiola. He infact he regressed abit under Guardiola.
David Villa = Already attained a legendary status with Valencia and Spanish national team before he ever met Guardiola. Captianed Valencia atleast 2 seasons before joining Barca.
Thierry Henry = ( you can fill in the gaps yourself)

lewandoski = Already an established and renouned goal poacher in the Bundesliga and champions league with Dortmond. He was a proper world class player before he ever met Guardiola
You really dropped a huge clanger on your remark about Mr Puel. Its unbelievable you don't know what the man's antecedents are.

Give antecedents. When I talked of Eto'o and Villa, I am talking of a coach working daily on the training pitches with some of the best players in the history of the game. Coaching those kind of players with respects to how they would approach games is top notch. Guardiola can say, this is how Lewandowski did this or how Villa did that.

Telling Nacho to walk away from such golden opportunity for Puel sounds weak to me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Loogan:

puel turned players like henry, hazard and a few other into world class stars...trust me he is one of the best at developing talent.

Henry, when? Hazard is not yet up to the levels of the players I mentioned. Henry flopped at Juve, so how the hell was he a World Class star? Hazard before Chelsea was not World Class. I do not even see him as World Class now self.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
komekn:

There seems to be an unhealthy pre-occupation with Kelechi on this thread. I can understand stand why but can we move on.

What actually makes him exceptional, objectively speaking, no sentiment Is it because he is at City

Playing in a team with World class players cam make you look World class. In reality Kelechi has not achieved anything to earn that title yet. Yet being the operative word here.

The real test is if he goes on loan to a less glamorous club. Then he will have the stage to prove his mettle. This could be a two edged sword, it could make him or break him.

But can we talk about some other Nigerian promising players,

I wonder how well Obagoal is doing? also the player that got injured in the last World cup not Onazi, he was playing in Ukraine, Yoruba name. He was dubbed then Nigeria Messi.

D u really mean Micheal babatunde or sometin like dat,,,,,

D guy get injured by shot of onazi grin

Modified!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Claude Puel's current work with Nathan Redmond is very very good and interesting.

Look, Sir GoodJoe, I have already said it before in my long epistle on this matter. I LIKE GUARDIOLA'S WORK WITH YOUNG PLAYERS LIKE NACHO BUT I DONT TRUST HIM WHEN IT COMES TO PLAYING TIME FOR NACHO.

There's Mauricio Pochettino also and a few more.... The only difference is they unlike Guardiola will give Nacho playing time as he develops on the training ground also.

And WHAT THE HECK IS PEP PLANNING BY WANTING TO BRING ANOTHER BIG NAME PLAYER WORTH MILLIONS OF EUROS OR POUNDS TO THE ETIHAD?? IS GABRIEL JESUS NOT ENOUHH PILL TO SWALLOW?

He still wants Neymar? Messi? When a Nacho is there to focus all his energy on and a Gabriel to join in january?? I asked this same question few pages back and I ask it again... WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEP??

Who the hell is Nathan Redmond?
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2016
Loogan:

puel turned players like henry, hazard and a few other into world class stars...trust me he is one of the best at developing talent.

I think you are even given Puel way too much credit for Hazard. I always knew Hazard as a major work of Rudi Garcia. Current Manager of Marseille and former coach of Roma. He joined Lille as a Manager in 2008, Hazard started at 2007 at Lille with Puel. The Gervinho and I can not remember that black striker, grew under Garcia. Hazard was under Garcia from 2008-2012.

Yet, you guys want Nacho to leave working with a coach who improved a World Class Messi for Puel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

City is not only a club but a brand of Companies worth billions of Dollars. Rumors have it that a Mega deal will go down with a player that will bring in Goals and large numbers of viewers. A deal expected to go down at the end of the season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
goldfish80:

He spent close to 100m on Ibrahimovic. Infact, from 2008 till date, he has spent half a billion euros on player purchase. He's a proper check book manager.

So Ibra makes him a cheque book manager. You did not see Guardiola manage the likes of Muller, Lahm, Lewandowski, Boateng, Alaba, Robben, Ribery etc. Promote players from the Bayern Academy. Players who were playing with a different system and got them to dominate Germany for three years.

It is Ibra, you will see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Claude Puel is renouned in France for moulding young talents and getting the best of them.
He worked with a young Thierry Henry while at Monaco.
Infact, Henry's signature goal, where he opens up his body, cuts in from the left and finishing at the top corner was a move developed by Puel while working extra training sessions with Henry.
This move is also visible in other players like Benzema and Harzard who Puel developed.
Maybe you need to read what Henry said a about him in an interview.
Puel is also known for moulding talents like David Trazeguet, Yohan Cabaye, Henry Lacazette, Abidal, Ben Arfa etc etc...

The man knows his onions working with young players, that you don't know Claude Puel doesn't mean others don't recognise his work. Iheanacho will develop under a guy like Claude Puel. Don't look down on him because he's not a bling bling check book manager.

We are talking coaching World Class talents like Messi and Henry, you are talking academy settings. Lacazette and Ben Arfa.
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Dis argument has lost its juice undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
princesuko:

If you read my post well, I was agreeing with you in the First Paragraph of my statement. If you think off the ball speed is the same as Speed on the ball then you should watch MSN closely and see Suarez whose speed on the ball isn't great, keep up with Messi and Neymar in most of Barca's counter attacks.

Yes, I follow Kelechi developments keenly at city.

Maybe we are misunderstanding ourselves. When I say Iheanacho has room for improvements, One of the things I see is his on the ball speed. He does not hold the ball long under pressure. However, his off the ball speed is frightening. It improved drastically under Guardiola, although he was already fast under Pellegrini. Nacho's stamina has also improved.

I still see him improving at a fast rate under Guardiola. That to me is more important than how many games Nacho played along the way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chrismario:
Dis argument has lost its juice undecided

Pour Wine now!!! grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
Mujtahida:

Whatever it is, nothing trumps learning by practice in real life situations. Epitectus said if you want to be a writer, write! I will apply the same to Iheanacho and say this boy is a footballer and a good one at that, let him be allowed to play football. That's all he needs for his learning, for his improvement, for his development as a FOOTBALLER!

Players spend more time practicing on the training pitch than in real games. So the improvements come from the training pitch and not 90 minutes match games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
Icon4s:

Are u saying "He is no there yet"? wink

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I said earlier, we should define the "THERE"

If it was what Bony and Ighalo were doing, Iheanacho was "THERE"

However, if it is what Messi and Suarez are doing, he is still far from them and he has a lot of work to do.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
It's only here I read training practice with a coach is better than actual playing time. My eyes have seen my ears.

No be na wa, na real wa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.