Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,486 members, 7,850,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11866722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

You're a Guardiola worshiper. To you Guardiola is a magician who can turn Base metal into gold just because he is Lord Guardiola.
Alot of people will laugh when they read you saying you don't worship Guardiola.

Why wasn't Eto'o rude to Frank Rijkaard? Is Guardiola the only manager Eto has worked with?
Why won't Eto be rude to a guy who labels himself his manager but won't talk to him directly? Instead uses Xavi to pass his message across to Eto'o.

If you want me to Enlighten you on the topic, just ask than all this animosity.

Rijkaard had different rules to Guardiola. Guardiola wants his players sleeping early. Guardiola makes his players train at a high intensity for a long time. If a player does not like his way, Guardiola cuts the player off.

So a player who eats the wrong diet, different from what Guardiola instructs, loses the confidence of Guardiola.

I think Guardiola sent spies to watch Pique to see if he kept late nights. Pique scaled it in flying colors. If another player keeps late night and Guardiola sees it, he will not tell the player and drop the player on the bench until he sees changes.

This education is what I want for Nacho. Discipline in his work rate, training habit, choice of drinks and foods, sleeping early to refresh himself after a tedious training.

This is not worshipping. These are facts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:08am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Carlo Ancelotti's 3rd loss as Bayern coach in all competitions. Pep had won the Bundesliga by the time his 3rd defeat with Bayern arrived...

— Archie Rhind-Tutt (@archiert1) November 23, 2016

All those who tried to make it look like a walk in the park at Bayern Munich and failed to admit the Legendary Work done by Guardiola.

"Bayern will win the Bundesliga without even taking their hands out their pockets," manager Carlo Ancelotti said a year before he became Bayern Munich Manager.
Anceloti won a double in his first season in the premiership with Chelsea. Fingers crossed on Guardiola achieving same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Yara Yara will keep shaking his head when he discovers that UEFA champions team of the year doesn't have to be those who won the trophy. Greizman and a 4 other players made the team yet they didn't win the trophy.

<<<Yara Yara does rubber leg for someone who does not get that it takes astonishing performance to get into that team without winning the Champions League or making the finals.>>>

But this is one of the issues superclubs create. Everything starts being taken for granted, targets become obligations and, from a distance, dominance is viewed through the wrong prism—through that of rivals' perceived weaknesses rather than that of Bayern's strength. And that strength was extraordinary, which is becoming clear now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Anceloti won a double in his first season in the premiership with Chelsea. Fingers crossed on Guardiola achieving same.

We are talking of people claiming the Bundesliga was a walkover with World Class Bayern players and a Legendary coach finding it difficult, you are talking Chelsea double.

This is not an Ancelotti vs Guardiola comparison but Acknowledging Guardiola did a great job at Bayern. Something many failed to admit.

<<<You can not make Yara Yara commit Suicide. Instead, he will kill himself.>>>

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2016
**yawns** And TheGoodJoe and Goldfish80 begin from where they last left off..... I'll be kinda disappointed if their arguments don't last up to three - four days.... "As usual" smiley

**yawns again**

Meanwhile, Yara Yara... Abeg leave them... We've had a long day. Let's just drop a few updates before we head into our labs' inner chambers... Yep... We're not going home tonight. wink

MIKEL'S CHELSEA EXIT IN JANUARY IS 50-50,
SAYS AGENT

The Blues midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from west London, but there is a chance he could stay with dialogue open between him and his manager

John Obi Mikel's agent has confirmed it is '50-50' as to whether the midfielder will leave Chelsea during the January transfer window.

Doubts have emerged over Mikel's Chelsea future as he has only six months left to run on his contract, and he continues to be linked with
clubs ranging from Manchester United, to teams
in China.

The Nigeria captain hasn't made a match-day
sqaud for Chelsea since Antonio Conte took
charge and has found himself out of favour at
Stamford Bridge after he missed the start of the
Premier League season to be part of his national
team which won his country's only medal at the
Olympics.

His agent John Shittu, who has represented him
since his controversial move to England, which
resulted in a transfer tussle between Chelsea and Manchester United, admits there is activity
around Mikel.

However, Shittu refused to rule out a Chelsea stay for his client and revealed that Mikel and Conte have discussed his future.

"Obi Mikel and Antonio have been speaking,"
Shittu told Goal. "The manager, club and player
have been talking. So I am not in a position to tell about what they have been speaking about, in the next few weeks things should be clearer.

"We have been having meeting with a few parties who are interested in him, once we are able to agree the way forward with Chelsea, then we will take it from there.

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/GOAL_INTERNATIONAL/55/52/mikel-gfx_1fkg7hu021uul1s7qjrxc30xp4.png?t=-1259491920[/img]

"There are a few clubs in Europe and Asia, they
are numerous and are interested in him because
he is a quality player, aged only 29, and we just
have to speak, so we will see. A lot of interest is
there.

"There is no decision made yet and it is still 50/50 whether he will sign or leave. A lot can happen in the next months, never say never in football."

Shittu was unable to reveal any details about the clubs who are interested, but other sources close to Goal have said that Marseille and Fenerbahce are two of the European sides who are keen.

Mikel also told Goal back in September that he
would one day like to play in the United States, like his former Chelsea team-mates, Frank
Lampard and Didier Drogba.

Meanwhile, reports in England have linked Mikel
with a move to Manchester United, but Shittu
insists that he is calm about Mikel's future ahead
of January.

"I am very busy because he is one of my players who we need to decide on what happens in the next window. Is there going to be a January opportunity? Our number one priority is to make the best decision on his future and that’s what we are trying to do.

"His future is very bright, so we are having
meetings, here and there, and we have to work
towards the January window. We have meetings
with different clubs and we are very clear about
the situation. We are just waiting for the window
to open and we will go the best way forward for
Obi Mikel."

Mikel is Chelsea's second longest-serving player
after John Terry and has said previously that he is open to talks about a stay, despite his lack of first-team action this season.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4078/exclusives/2016/11/30/30036522/mikels-chelsea-exit-in-january-is-50-50-says-agent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Rijkaard had different rules to Guardiola. Guardiola wants his players sleeping early. Guardiola makes his players train at a high intensity for a long time. If a player does not like his way, Guardiola cuts the player off.

So a player who eats the wrong diet, different from what Guardiola instructs, loses the confidence of Guardiola.

I think Guardiola sent spies to watch Pique to see if he kept late nights. Pique scaled it in flying colors. If another player keeps late night and Guardiola sees it, he will not tell the player and drop the player on the bench until he sees changes.

This education is what I want for Nacho. Discipline in his work rate, training habit, choice of drinks and foods, sleeping early to refresh himself after a tedious training.

Why didn't these superb training methods impact positively on Mario Goetze, Javi Martinez, Benatia and so many other misguided players who abandoned Base to pitch tents with Guardiola teams?
How much has Fabian Delph improved since Guardiola arrived?
You want Iheanacho to remain a bench boy because Guardiola will control his sleep? Did Iheanacho tell you he doesn't sleep well?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Why didn't these superb training methods impact positively on Mario Goetze, Javi Martinez, Benatia and so many other players who misguided players who abandoned Base to pitch tents with Guardiola teams?
You want Iheanacho to remain a bench boy because Guardiola will control his sleep? Did Iheanacho tell you he doesn't sleep well?

Fabian Delph has improved. Very clearly. Sad injuries hindered his performances. As I said before, it is good to argue the one you watched.

No one is saying Nacho should remain a bench boy. I wonder how you came up with that. I said, I prefer him becoming better than just playing time. I want him to activate his alien mode and most of that will come from training. When Nacho gets his minutes, I want him to perform outstandingly well.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Why didn't these superb training methods impact positively on Mario Goetze, Javi Martinez, Benatia and so many other misguided players who abandoned Base to pitch tents with Guardiola teams?

As for sleep, go read Nasri's interview. Please allow the little girl free herself. Do Not Disturb.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:23am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking of people claiming the Bundesliga was a walkover with World Class Bayern players and a Legendary coach finding it difficult, you are talking Chelsea double.

This is not an Ancelotti vs Guardiola comparison but Acknowledging Guardiola did a great job at Bayern. Something many failed to admit.

<<<You can not make Yara Yara commit Suicide. Instead, he will kill himself.>>>
Have looked at it from the angel that Guardiola inherited a team that won the treble while Anceloti inherited a team who were pepertual champions league semi finalists?
with 4 ageing first team regulars.
Both teams are not in the same place psychologically. They will definitely loose a few games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Have looked at it from the angel that Guardiola inherited a team that won the treble while Anceloti inherited a team who were pepertual champions league semi finalists?
Both teams are not in the same place psychologically. They will definitely loose a few games.

Have a look at it from the fact what Guardiola did was amazing and Ancelotti's games proved that Guardiola was a brilliant manager.

It does not hurt to say the truth... Yara Yara.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27am On Dec 01, 2016
Leicester looking to complete £14m deal for
Nigerian defender in January

LEICESTER are lining up a £14m January deal for teenage Genk defender Wilfred
Ndidi.

Leicester are planning to bid £14m for Wilfred
Ndidi in January Foxes boss Claudio Ranieri wants to strengthen his Premier League title-winning squad after they slumped to just two points above the relegation zone.

And the Italian has identified Nigeria international Ndidi, 19, as a useful addition.

The Foxes are in talks with the Belgian club about a deal which they hope to pull off early in
January.

Leicester want to complete a deal for Wilfred Ndidi in early January

Ndidi can play at centre-back, where Robert Huth and Wes Morgan are Ranieri’s only experienced options.

He can also operate in a holding midfield role,
where Leicester have struggled to replace N’Golo Kante since his move to Chelsea in the summer.

Wilfred Ndidi can play at centre-back and also in defensive midfield

Daniel Amartey and Andy King have played
alongside Danny Drinkwater this season but
neither is a natural defensive midfielder.

And Nampalys Mendy, who was signed in the
summer to replace Kante, has played just once
because of injury.

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/566562/Wilfred-Ndidi-Leicester-Genk-Claudio-Ranieri

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As for sleep, go read Nasri's interview. Please allow the little girl free herself. Do Not Disturb.
I've read Eto'o and Ibrahimovic's interviews about Guardiola.
Why should I read what a petulant malcontent fellow like Nasri have to say. He deserves whatever has been coming his way since he left arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:31am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Have a look at it from the fact what Guardiola did was amazing and Ancelotti's games proved that Guardiola was a brilliant manager.

It does not hurt to say the truth... Yara Yara.
You may have to factor in that the likes of Robben, Ribery, Alonso and Lahm (who are first team regulars) are on their last legs.
We can't turn everything to mathematics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

I've read Eto'o and Ibrahimovic's interviews about Guardiola.
Why should I read what a petulant malcontent fellow like Nasri have to say. He deserves whatever has been coming his way since he left arsenal.

Maybe this will help.

Ancelotti's arrival was welcomed because the Italian was supposed to introduce a freer, less demanding environment. After three years of Guardiola's relentlessness and pushing to the extremes, the club needed a new stimulus was needed, something less fanatical. But this is the knock on Ancelotti.

This pushing to the extremes is what I want for Nacho. Let Guardiola make him work very hard in training and keep improving. As long as Nacho keeps improving, there will come a time when he becomes a Priceless Asset to City. Then he will play regularly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33am On Dec 01, 2016
Total results showing Victor Moses' emergence as PFA Fans' Premier League Player of the Month for November.

The Chelsea wing-back received 18,756 of 40,000 votes to scoop the prize ahead of Gylfi Sigurdsson (7,791), Nordin Amrabat (5,378), Sergio Aguero (3,457) and Matt Phillips (1,203).

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4071/premier-league/2016/11/30/30032672/chelseas-moses-wins-pfa-fans-premier-league-player-of-the

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

You may have to factor in that the likes of Robben, Ribery, Alonso and Lahm (who are first team regulars) are on their last legs.
We can't turn everything to mathematics.

So, thy lost their legs in few months of Guardiola's departure. The truth is Guardiola did an amazing job. Xabi Alonso is still absolutely brilliant. I watched one of the Champions League games where he stood out from the rest of the team.

Guardiola was amazing. The recent results shows it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:38am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Fabian Delph has improved. Very clearly. Sad injuries hindered his performances. As I said before, it is good to argue the one you watched.

No one is saying Nacho should remain a bench boy. I wonder how you came up with that. I said, I prefer him becoming better than just playing time. I want him to activate his alien mode and most of that will come from training. When Nacho gets his minutes, I want him to perform outstandingly well.

Let's play a game, in this game we use examples to pain pictures.
I start.... Lukaku, Morata, Kevin De bryen improved their games when they left their parent teams in search of minutes. These 3 guys are world class players today.

Name three players who improved their game training and sitting on the bench on match days.
It's a fair game I believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

I start.... Lukaku, Morata, Kevin De bryen improved their games when they left their parent teams in search of minutes. These 3 guys are world class players today.

Name three players who improved their game training and sitting on the bench on match days.

Lukaku, Morata World Class?

<<<Yara Yara back flips. >>>
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2016
Jose Mourinho Targets This Unlikely Star From Chelsea For January Raid
By Bharath Rammr on December 1, 2016

Chelsea’s recent success under Antonio Conte has had everyone raving about the formation and the way fringe players like Victor Moses have been able to secure regular first team football has been astonishing. There have also been players who have been affected by the success; Cesc Fabregas would probably spring to the top of the mind, but John obi Mikel could be the biggest casualty.

The Nigerian has become a forgotten
member at Chelsea and he is yet to feature even
for a single minute under Conte.

Mikel has been coming in the headlines of late
with his future in huge doubt. The Nigerian has
admitted that he would be considering offers
elsewhere if his situation at Chelsea did not
improve. Mikel was brought in by Jose Mourinho
back in 2006 and he is one of the club’s longest
serving players. Few would have imagined Mikel
would actually go on to spend 10 years at Chelsea while lifting the likes of the Champions League and several Premier League titles.

An attacking midfielder for the Nigerian national
team, Mourinho tried to mould Mikel into a Claude Makelele replacement, while it was pretty clear that he was never going to be the one. It appears that the 29-year-old is becoming an attractive option for various clubs across Europe. His contract expires in the summer and his current situation would lead to the consensus that a new deal is not going to come.

The Sun recently reported that Manchester
United have become the surprise destination for
the Nigerian.
Ironically, Mikel signed up for United before ending up at Chelsea in a protracted transfer, for which the blues had to pay £16 million. United officially announced the deal to bring in Mikel – by overlooking his agents – in January 2006 for £4 million, but Chelsea were prepared to pay over the odds in order to sign the teenager.

Despite being recently named on the bench for
the game against West Ham United, Bastian
Schweinsteiger looks set to leave United even as
early as in January. The same applies for players
like Morgan Schneiderlin, and it would leave
United short on numbers in the defensive midfield position. As a free transfer, Mikel would certainly bring in a lot of positive qualities while also allowing United to invest money elsewhere on the pitch.

Clubs like Inter Milan are also thought to be
interested in the Nigerian.
The Italian outfit may be able to offer regular first team football, but the prospect of reuniting with Mourinho may be hard to turn down.

Since Mourinho returned to Chelsea for a second spell in 2013, Mikel made 62 appearances in the two full campaigns. Under Guus Hiddink as the interim manager last season, Mikel was a regular first team player.

Source: http://weallfollowunited.com/2016/12/01/jose-mourinho-targets-this-unlikely-star-from-chelsea-for-january-raid/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

To answer your question, every young player you see on the bench, giving a chance and doing very well, improved without playing time. When Nacho took the EPL by storm last season, he was not playing regular games. When Iwobi broke into Arsenal’s squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Just wanted to say..... Please do not insult the word, "world-class" by calling Morata and Lukaku that. They are NOT yet world-class.

**Knocks gavel... You may proceed... smiley

goldfish80:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:47am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking coaching World Class talents like Messi and Henry, you are talking academy settings. Lacazette and Ben Arfa.
grin grin grin
Just saw this and had to address accordingly.
This Claude Puel you take delight in ridiculing took Nice to within top 4 last season in ligue 1. The highest the club have achieved since the 60's.
It is reported that he gave 16 players their debuts straight from the academy before he left for Southampton.
Nice under another Manager I admire (Havre Favre) have been topping the French league for the better part of 2 months with those Puel's boys + Baloteli.

It's a pity you won't recognise Claude Puel because he is not Lord Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:49am On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Just wanted to say..... Please do not insult the word, "world-class" by calling Morata and Lukaku that. They are NOT yet world-class.

**Knocks gavel... You may proceed... smiley

Are they average players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:51am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Lukaku, Morata World Class?

<<<Yara Yara back flips. >>>
They both are first team regulars for Belgium and Spain. Average men don't start for those teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

Just saw this and had to address accordingly.
This Claude Puel you take delight in ridiculing took Nice to within top 4 last season in ligue 1. The highest the club have achieved since the 60's.
It is reported that he gave 16 players their debuts straight from the academy before he left for Southampton.
Nice under another Manager I admire (Havre Favre) have been topping the French league for the better part of 2 months with those Puel's boys + Baloteli.

It's a pity you won't recognise Claude Puel because he is not Lord Guardiola.

We should praise Puel for another coach taking a team Puel took to fourth position to first. Puel finished fourth. As I said, giving team debut and academy work is not what Nacho needs. Nacho needs a coach who can teach him secrets of some of the best hitmen in the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52am On Dec 01, 2016
goldfish80:

They both are first team regulars for Belgium and Spain. Average men don't start for those teams.

So to you every Belgium regular is WORLD CLASS.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:56am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

To answer your question, every young player you see on the bench, giving a chance and doing very well, improved without playing time. When Nacho took the EPL by storm last season, he was not playing regular games. When Iwobi broke into Arsenal’s squad.
Iwobi was playing games for the Arsenal U21's who he captained before his breakthrough.
The dilemma with having players like Iwobi and Iheanacho who after their breakthroughs won't play U21 league games anymore because of their status as first team players.
Hence, if they are not playing for the senior teams, they will just be professional trainees.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Was expecting this question... smiley

Nope... But they aren't "WORLD CLASS" either.

We have different classes of players worldwide: below average, average, above average, potential world class, near world class, and "WORLD-CLASS".

Basically, this is my own classification but Lukaku and Morata are MOST DEFINITELY not of "WORLD CLASS" QUALITY JUST YET.

I can term them near world class.... But certainly NOT WORLD CLASS.

I hope you are satisfied now... smiley

**knocks gavel... You may proceed with your argument.

goldfish80:

Are they average players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:17am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So to you every Belgium regular is WORLD CLASS.
Since when did the Belgium NT become a merry band of average men?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:22am On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Was expecting this question... smiley

Nope... But they aren't "WORLD CLASS" either.

We have different classes of players worldwide: below average, average, above average, potential world class, near world class, and "WORLD-CLASS".

Basically, this is my own classification but Lukaku and Morata are MOST DEFINITELY not of "WORLD CLASS" QUALITY JUST YET.

I can term them near world class.... But certainly NOT WORLD CLASS.

I hope you are satisfied now... smiley

**knocks gavel... You may proceed with your argument.

This summer, Morata and Lukaku's combined transfer value is more than £120million. I don't think average players will cost that much in the transfer market.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:27am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We should praise Puel for another coach taking a team Puel took to fourth position to first. Puel finished fourth. As I said, giving team debut and academy work is not what Nacho needs. Nacho needs a coach who can teach him secrets of some of the best hitmen in the game.
Why didn't Guardiola hand debuts to 16 academy players and win the German Bundesliga with the academy lads?

Believe it or not, Claude Puel's legacy is what Favre is building on.
Iheanacho working with someone like that will benefit him more than working with a guy who tells him when to sleep in the hostel and gists him about training Eto'o who he hardly spoke with anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:35am On Dec 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Rijkaard had different rules to Guardiola. [/b]Guardiola wants his players sleeping early[b]. Guardiola makes his players train at a high intensity for a long time. If a player does not like his way, Guardiola cuts the player off.

[/b]So a player who eats the wrong diet, different from what Guardiola instructs, loses the confidence of Guardiola[b].

[/b]I think Guardiola sent spies to watch Pique to see if he kept late nights[b]. Pique scaled it in flying colors. If another player keeps late night and Guardiola sees it, he will not tell the player and drop the player on the bench until he sees changes.

Let's face it, players are now nothing order than well paid slaves

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sojious, Emmy450(m), vivlyviv and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.