Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755095 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
Baffled ke? More like annoyed.

I can't even stand his pictures on IG, anytime I mistakenly come across his smiling face in the name of #WorldCupDiaries, I go just dey vex

Chaaaaiii... More Echiejile reactions to these...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by khunz: 5:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
There has always been doubt over Iwobi's stamina,but today's match showed he has it ,moving from deep back to attacking midfielder's role with easy.

This is the only logical explanation I can think of for playing him behind Mikel.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

After looking at your first paragraph Mujtahida will still insult my entire generations if I so much as dare to say something that resembles the truth.

Sir you are free to say the truth.

The team deserves every criticism it gets.

But we shouldn't just lose hope and dump our expectations into a trash bin. I have seen so many WC preparations. Henn.. when the main games start u will see a different approach . Na so Naija be o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 5:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
First of all We need to learn how to defend setpieces.I noticed it against England and today against Cezch.
This team will Come home early if Rohr does not realise that IWOBI is the key ingredient to this super eagles team.
In the game against England and today against Serbia the creative aspect of our midfield was non existent.
And you have IWOBI on that team?
I am on my knees Someone please tell Rohr
PLAY IWOBI as a 10 or else we will find it hard to score goals in Russia.
In a 3-5-2 formation, IWOBI must be part of the front two, with Ebuehi, Nididi, Mikel,Etebo and Idowu completing the 5 in the middle.
In a 4-2-3-1 formation IWOBI must be the AM while mikel plays the CMf role
I must say this MIKEL is not the key, the closer IWOBI is to the goal of the opponents the higher the chances that will be created and the more goals we will score

3-5-2
Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Ekong
Ebuehi-Nididi-Mikel-Etebo-Idowu
IWOBI - iheanacho/Ighalo

4-2-3-1
uzoho
Ebuehi-Ekong-Balogun-idowu
Nididi-Mikel
Moses-IWOBI-musa
ighalo

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

But we shouldn't just lose hope and dump our expectations into a trash bin. I have seen so many WC preparations. Henn.. when the main games start u will see a different approach . Na so Naija be o
I'm not even perturbed one bit cos the bolded is what I believe.

You see the slyness of the unlimited dude making it seem like it was like what you wrote that he too wrote but that's far from the truth. I never stopped him from criticizing the team. I will never do that.

He insulted the posters on this thread. Na im I give am back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Guess our Eyes are clear now....... that Iwobi is a monumental Waste on the Wing?! Our problem is very simple to solve;

A - Play 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 Formation.

B - start Ebuehi as a RWB not Shehu

C - Play Moses as LWB, I've seen him played there at Chelsea more than once.

D - play a Pivot of Ndidi and Mikel as DMs - Ndidi doing the Tackles and Interceptions while Mikel plays as a deep-lying Playmaker.

E - Play Iwobi as a No. 10.

F - Pair Ighalo and Iheanacho upfront - Ighalo will play more inside the Box, while Iheanacho plays as SS, combining with Iwobi to dig out positive Results.

G - I prefer Trio of Omeruo, Balogun and Ekong as CBs in a 3 at the back Formation. I do not trust Ogu with the CB Responsibilities.

I like this, but considering the fact that Ndidi likes to bomb forward, how do we get him to sit deep?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

Read his analysis. That's wisdom speaking. Not a man wailing and crying like a boy chased around by phantoms.

And mind you - while I do not pretend to be all sweetness - I try to maintain civility on this thread. Those insults I served you was because you first insulted the posters on this thread. I have no problems with criticisms even though I detest negativity. At the most I will challenge your views but I say once again beyond criticism you decided to serve insults. I only gave it back to you.

Chaaaiiiiii.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

But we shouldn't just lose hope and dump our expectations into a trash bin. I have seen so many WC preparations. Henn.. when the main games start u will see a different approach . Na so Naija be o.
I swear, I haven't lost hope. The hopeful feeling is reinforced whenever I see the second d half performances, but I detest having my hopes dashed.
I don't want it to come to us throwing the kitchen sink at teams and having to wait for a statistician to press his calculator to know how we'll be able to scrape through.
Our coach is a tad too rigid, our starts are too poor, our best formation isn't used till too late, and some big names aren't delivering.
It's a cause for alarm.
Let's all have faith, but with realism and caution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
phreakabit:

I like this, but considering the fact that Ndidi likes to bomb forward, how do we get him to sit deep?

grin

Discipline..... he's a professional, thus expected to play to Instructions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

I'm not even perturbed one bit. You see the slyness of the unlimited dude. I never stopped him from criticizing the team. He insulted the posters on this thread. Na im I give am back.

I get you bro.

Just forgive him abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

I get you bro.

Just forgive him abeg.
I don't understand. What's there to forgive?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

I swear, I haven't lost hope. The hopeful feeling is reinforced whenever I see the second d half performances, but I detest having my hopes dashed.
I don't want it to come to us throwing the kitchen sink at teams and having to wait for a statistician to press his calculator to know how we'll be able to scrape through.
Our coach is a tad too rigid, our starts are too poor, our best formation isn't used till too late, and some big names aren't delivering.
It's a cause for alarm.

My brother see just no reason am. We are going home after Argentina! Did you see Rohrs reaction after the game. I even con dey pity the man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Discipline..... he's a professional, thus expected to play to Instructions.

You obviously haven't watched him closely.... Dude gets carried away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

It's a cause for alarm.

I perfectly understand how you feel and your fears. But o boy wetin you for talk if you followed our build up to France 98 WC 3-0 and 5-1 defeats. Yet we beat Spain and Bulgaria to book our second round place early enough.

Let's just keep the faith alive bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
Good one Egbon.... You are in the Spirit. The team should be criticised oooo based on "the results" of the friendlies... No question ... But I also have caught wind of the Rohr plan ahead of that Croatia game. wink

forgiveness:

For where! You can see I didn't say much else it is no longer secret.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
phreakabit:

You obviously haven't watched him closely.... Dude gets carried away.

grin

Watch him closely?! LOL!
Maybe you need to watch his Clips at Leicester City, then you gonna understand better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nextlevel2222: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
This team that lack cohesion, organization even characters. Charity begins with friendly games. Dnt think Rohr is playing mind games, Serious work needs to be done before the day.... I just pray Rohr use the right players to execute our matches at the world cup

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
What this match thought me.........zero down your expectations boy!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

I perfectly understand how you feel and your fears. But o boy wetin you for talk if you followed our build up to France 98 WC 3-0 and 5-1 defeats. Yet we beat Spain and Bulgaria to book our second round place early enough.

Let's just keep the faith alive bro.

No problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
aodis:

My brother see just no reason am. We are going home after Argentina! Did you see Rohrs reaction after the game. I even con dey pity the man.
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Let's not lose all hope naa. However, my expectations are now at a minimum. I can't deal with hypertension abeg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Watch him closely?! LOL!
Maybe you need to watch his Clips at Leicester City, then you gonna understand better.

Been watching him play even before Leicester.
He likes has a habit of going forward, to get in range for a shot.
Did the same mistake against Atleti in the Europe league quarter finals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hoping for Nigeria to go far in this world cup is just like hoping for Swansea to come up 1st 4th in the EPL
Or hoping for viktoria plzen to reach semis in the Champions League..

Check the odds undecided

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
phreakabit:

Been watching him play even before Leicester.
He likes has a habit of going forward, to get in range for a shot.
Did the same mistake against Atleti in the Europe league finals.

grin

So when the Team is transiting to Attack, you expect him to sit deep like a Log of Wood?!

He's shielding the Defence at Leceister, and he's doing it excellently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
The ghost and the darkness.
The ghost of Atletico Madrid returns

The ghost of Nwakali Brothers returns

The ghost of Aina and Agu returns

And even more terrifying, more unbearably scary: the ghost of Aluko and Kayode might return.

Then the demon goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. Matt 12:45

Nig 0- Czech 1
And it was night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

It's a cause for alarm.
you are deceiving yourself by mixing faith with realism. You can not say you have faith and at the same time having the consciousness of reality. Faith is the absence of reality, in other word, faith is not focusing your mind or not having the consciousness of realities but rather focusing your mind on the possibility of getting that which you crave for and there ain’t no sign of you getting it ( in reality) but your mind is fixed on the possibility.
Make I stop before I turn this place to ministration and deliverance service!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
All those folks including me that questioned the fifa ranking criteria..

Hope we can see answers for ourselves now lipsrsealed undecided

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
chimzyblack:
First of all We need to learn how to defend setpieces.I noticed it against England and today against Cezch.
This team will Come home early if Rohr does not realise that IWOBI is the key ingredient to this super eagles team.
In the game against England and today against Serbia the creative aspect of our midfield was non existent.
And you have IWOBI on that team?
I am on my knees Someone please tell Rohr
PLAY IWOBI as a 10 or else we will find it hard to score goals in Russia.
In a 3-5-2 formation, IWOBI must be part of the front two, with Ebuehi, Nididi, Mikel,Etebo and Idowu completing the 5 in the middle.
In a 4-2-3-1 formation IWOBI must be the AM while mikel plays the CMf role
I must say this MIKEL is not the key, the closer IWOBI is to the goal of the opponents the higher the chances that will be created and the more goals we will score

3-5-2
Uzoho
Omeruo-Balogun-Ekong
Ebuehi-Nididi-Mikel-Etebo-Idowu
IWOBI - iheanacho/Ighalo

4-2-3-1
uzoho
Ebuehi-Ekong-Balogun-idowu
Nididi-Mikel
Moses-IWOBI-musa
ighalo

you guys don't know know iwob, he can't stay in that number static...he pass and move, he roam..from side to center.

playing a 4-2-3-1 is not bad with him on the right side of 3 behind the striker but he will do that better with a fast Right back like Ebuehi

playing him inthe 3-5-2 won't be bad too, but don't expect him to be static, iwobi will always pass and move to space and when hos starve of the ball he will come looking for it, that's why you see him behind mikel sometimes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:
Hoping for Nigeria to go far in this world cup is just like hoping for Swansea to come up 1st 4th in the EPL
Or hoping for viktoria plzen to reach semis in the Champions League..

Check the odds undecided

Leicester's 5000/1 EPL win odds in 2015/2016 says hello.... grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
Eleniyan15:
Mikel should not be ahead of Iwobi, this coach is dumb!

Ndidi and mikel should have played together while Iwobi stay up front cool

Am just fed up of all this bullshit hopes are getting down already

Rohr is damne clueless, Iwobi pairing Ndidi behind Mikel? God have mercy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
If u want to see the real trolling and what it feels like to be trolled. Abeg go Frontpage and enter to this thread grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4538949/nigeria-vs-czech-republic-friendly/23#68236307
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:
I think Nigerian fans all over the World have cause to worry. And the team deserves all what critisms it will receive from now till 16th June.

Areas to worry about:

The front line is still blunt. Ighalo has underlined his inability to effectively lead the attack. His positioning has always let him down plus he does too much outside the dangerous areas. Nwankwo is like a fresh breath of Air. We need to see more of him. Also Rohr needs to find how to effectively utilize Iheanacho. He also is key to our campaign

The backline is still shaky. There have been occasional moments of indecisions especially between the CBs and also wrong/misplaced passes.Conceding goals in almost every game says alot about the defense.

The midfield is not doing enough to support the attack. Mikel is yet to hit gear.

Rohr feels more comfortable with a back 4 formation but his team seems to play better with the formation that has a back 3. He needs to decide from now till June 16 which he will adopt as the baseline setup as limited number of substitutions affects your tactical switch.

Some positives:

Iwobi: He, and not Mikel or Moses, seem to be the main actor on the pitch. He is the New orchestra leader. His switch from LAM to RAM to CAM and to CM underlines his status as a Super utility player to this team. My hope here may just be that his high work rate does not lead to us losing him to injury.

Ogu: He is a player that can easily switch positions (from DM to CB) when we switch tactics. He spares Rohr one substitution spot. Players like this are always so valuable to a team.

Uzoho: He has continued to grow in confidence and made some important saves in our last few games. His positioning has been his major strength. He, however, needs to do more in commanding his area.

The last 3 results do not look good for us as a team that wants to take the world by storm. But, I still have hopes in this team.

We are Nigeria! And we rise to the occasion when the need arises. That is the naija spirit.

A million likes for this analysis.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
phreakabit:

Ndidi can do that but Onazi can't...bombing forward ain't bad for a Dm especially when you have a DM partner

(1) (2) (3) ... (3950) (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nwamazi8, lelion, etebefia, Lyster360, 100smile(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.