Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3955) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755525 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

How?!
I've told you earlier.... discipline is the Key!

Let's hope you are right.
Like I said, it seems like a very solid formation if implemented properly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
forgiveness:

If Croatia think this is the team they will face and have a work over, Rohr has just deceived them.

I can see what Rohr is doing although.....
for all our sakes I hope and pray you're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

Mr Mujtahida no be false hope, we will go far in the worldcup

Wake up !!! It's too early to be drunk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
W
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
I just the pity the amount of folks here probably my dad's age who are saying Rohr is deceiving his opponents!!SMH

I see y'all are drunk in Delusional realm and only a 0-5 lose to Croatia will wake una up
WackTeam with Wack drunk supporters !!!

Abeg ,France till forever #vouslavous

Men waka commot for here mehn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
A
C
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
K
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

moses corners and free kick where perfect, just waiting for a connection.
he wont cross the ball and head it too
we saw nach indirect free-kick, it could not pass the first man
though i expect a person like mikel to take some of it too.
Mikel is not getting much involve
LOLLLL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
ykalhaji:

Men waka commot for here mehn.
I dey save your ass from bp you'd protest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Haha, make sure you don't go your usual way of staying away when we start winning games at the WC o.
Is that the does he does? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sureinfo: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
darkelf:

I used to be bitter at our displays but now, I strongly agree with you. See, I know Rohr is up to something and is playing mind games and tactics.

That second half was a glimpse into our midfield's potential. I know that we will shock the world. Yes, it is easy to be demoralized at their ironically awful display but I have this strong feeling that Rohr has been Fielding our second team while shirlding the public and opposition from our Jokers.

Long live Super Eagles.

Let's get it on guys!! We can do this
am with you on this, but it better be true o cos i need them to really perform, betway must pay guys o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

Rohr is damne clueless, Iwobi pairing Ndidi behind Mikel? God have mercy

I guess Rohr is over - respecting Mikel.

Mikel wants to play a more attacking role in the squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:
Is that the does he does? grin grin
We didn't see him here when we beat Argentina and Poland.
Na only when we lose him dey get mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

you guys don't know know iwob, he can't stay in that number static...he pass and move, he roam..from side to center.

playing a 4-2-3-1 is not bad with him on the right side of 3 behind the striker but he will do that better with a fast Right back like Ebuehi

playing him inthe 3-5-2 won't be bad too, but don't expect him to be static, iwobi will always pass and move to space and when hos starve of the ball he will come looking for it, that's why you see him behind mikel sometimes
I agree with you to an extent, he always comes out looking for the ball.
But in today's match you could sometimes see IWOBI in the defensive midfield area passing the ball around, He was played in the CMf role which made him slightly restricted to moving forward because mikel was played in the Am role
My point is that he should be played in a FREE ROLE or the AM role because he will always create those chances and even score goals, things that mikel has failed to do in the last two matches.

He is more lethal playing any of these two roles
rather than a CMF role or on the Wings.

For this team to score goals Mikel must take up the CMF role and leave the Creative aspect to IWOBI.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
I dey save your ass from bp you'd protest

Funny enough this is the 1st tournament the Nigerian Super Eagles are going to play without "Julius Aghawowa" that I am not worried about my bp. That shows you how long ago that is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
that's not my biz ...my only biz with this team is to stay the truth and the truth is that you don't have a team ...below average at best

Una failure go to give me joy especially to keep many people here shut for a month
Then, you're obviously not saying the truth. You're just a hater.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Then, you're obviously not saying the truth. You're just a hater.
me? How you elect to refer to me make no difference now but one certainty is that group stage exit is your portion ...claim it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

He is cooking a kind of food that the Croats cannot eat.

The only way we will beat Croatia is if they are more dross than us. These friendly have shown that our progression is dependent on how poor the other teams are. And to be honest, Croatia have shown to be capable of making a mess of themselves in major tournaments since 1998, so hope still dey for Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
LOLLLL

Dude, Iheanacho was trying to score. Lower pocket corner of the right side. Watch the kick again. (The 2nd freekick)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Ighalo had two shots on target in the first half. I give him kudos for especially pulling off that first save from the Cezch keeper. But the best chance he had came in the second half and he played a silly tame shot. He blew it. Ighalo had three shots in all... All on target but one was so weak and silly (that was the third in the second half). In the first half, he did well getting that shot off and his second also was saved before the ref called for an infringement.

Ighalo may have bagged a goal today if Idowu had the sense to feed him on two occasions. Idowu killed off two of our attacking chances. Sad.

But this is not to exonerate Ighalo. He did have chances and could not bury them. Also, he is not mobile enough. I really am scratching my head on him because he is our starting 9 going to Russia... Unless... wink

Moses or Musa comes to mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
I just the pity the amount of folks here probably my dad's age who are saying Rohr is deceiving his opponents!!SMH

I see y'all are drunk in Delusional realm and only a 0-5 lose to Croatia will wake una up

i don't know the criteria of banning people here, this dude need to be ban
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
I don't know why I kept on smiling while watching the game. May be because I know what this team is capable of when something is on the line.

Rohr is hidding something. What he is hidding-that I don't know. His team set-ups(starters and substitutes) over the friendlies seems too structure to be real.

The World is in for a suprise. Even the players are not worried.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
hensben:
Here is his actual formation;

Troost Balogun Ogu

Moses mikel ndidi ebuehi

Iwobi

Iheanacho Ighalo

Moses to play as RWB for Nigeria? Please don't make laugh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
aodis:
No hope for this team ! It’s a pity I used my hard earned money to buy the jersey. Such a pity. Useless players who bribed their way in. Keeping us hostage. Mtchwee

BY THE WAY SEE MOURINHOs predictions on group stages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwsbxUlbNXo
Thanks for posting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

Iwobi is more creative than Mikel? Abajo.

From the wings to the center to the very place where Mikel was enthroned. Is it time to crown Alexander? Is it time for him to wear the royal robe?

Oya oo Martz101 come, let me hear your views.
No doubt IWOBI is far more creative than mikel.
I think it is time for him to wear the royal robe.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Mehn those Czech guys sabi park bus shaa.... They are a well schooled team in parking the bus and playing the long balls.

Our "seemingly usual" slow start aided them into getting a goal and Uzoho cannot be blamed for it. Any aerial ball coming from a corner can head anywhere depending on angle of contact... Headers are some of the toughest balls to stop once contact is made and it is on goal... You better hope your goalie is well positioned.
Uzoho positioned himself well enough to stop the first header "via passive reflex".. He didn't even see it coming his way, most keepers don't react quickly enough to headers at close range but Uzoho was well positioned enough to make a first stop.

The rebound was always and always gonna beat him as Kalas hit the ball in a manner that made it bounce High and over an already grounded Uzoho, who went to ground immediately after making that save (thanks to his initial positioning).

The Czechs scored from that corner and would have scored another but Patrick Schick blew it... Uzoho did well coming out too on that occasion and making himself big for Schick. Late pressure from ekong or was it balogun, also helped slightly.

One thing I am just so happy to see is that Our Ndidi is back. That was my biggest concern coming into this game and he showed he is battle ready.

I wish our opponents a great time getting to figure out how to play us. Coz it is obvious Rohr didn't play with all our best options at the same time in all these friendlies executed.

Rohr kept on tinkering and tinkering till the last minute of this friendly. Lol
Who else didn't start apart from Ebuehi?

...Baffling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
edi287:
Looks like we played badly from the few comments I've seen on twitter.
Caught like a two minute glimpse of the game and I noticed something a bit odd - Iwobi was playing behind Mikel. Was it a one off thing or it happened for a bit??
Oh and baba Forgiveness, your analysis please.
The guy good if na that one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
me? How you elect to refer to me make no difference now but one certainty is that group stage exit is your portion ...claim it

Chai. Bros no worry.

You go join us celebrate when we shock the world. We might not win but we'll go far. Just wait and see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:

so all this noise you dey make for here since, na France you dey support undecided

Glory hunters

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
signz:

I guess Rohr is over - respecting Mikel.

Mikel wants to play a more attacking role in the squad.
THIS LITTLE DETAIL MIGHT BE THE TEAM'S UNDOING IF THAT OLD MAN ROHR DOES NOT CHECK IT
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

i don't know the criteria of banning people here, this dude need to be ban

See, don't take his words to heart. Like I said, he'll celebrate with us. People like him makes things interesting and I find his pessimism amusing

(1) (2) (3) ... (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 100smile(m), Joezinho, lordofstrings, elyte89, charlesemeka85(m), CaptainStephen(m), Impeccable5248(m), kingphilip(m), viccy12, Odunayaw(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.