Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11787298 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) (3959) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2018
I just read at different football site like goal.com and skysport and espn that liverpool is willing to sign moses simon for 10 million pounds,i dont know how true is that news.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Otedollaryen: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
ykalhaji:
It is funny that this game has even given me more confidence in the team. The second half the way the passes were strung up, we have to remember that this is a friendly game that is used to get the players to practice playing together certain things that they have being doing in practice in live ball situations. Play with players they normally do not play with during practice. Now the coach should have an idea of who plays well with who and what roles each player will play. Now the real practice and work begins.

The confidence Uzoho is getting is also a factor... Ndidi has fully recovered.
The only sensible comment here so far. Some narcissistic idiots here they will do better than Mr.Gernot if given the chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
For those saying Rohr is hiding something, keep deceiving yourself.
At the end of the match what I saw on Rohr's face was a man that is disturbed and confused.
Why won't he be, when he still cannot accept that Ebuehi is better than shehu
That Etebo needs to be in that midfield
That Mikel needs to be played as a CMF
That IWOBI is the key.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
Afobear:
I just the pity the amount of folks here probably my dad's age who are saying Rohr is deceiving his opponents!!SMH

I see y'all are drunk in Delusional realm and only a 0-5 lose to Croatia will wake una up
WackTeam with Wack drunk supporters !!!

Abeg ,France till forever #vouslavous
If you are actually above 18yrs I am diagnosing you with Autism!

How low can you go really undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

I perfectly understand how you feel and your fears. But o boy wetin you for talk if you followed our build up to France 98 WC 3-0 and 5-1 defeats. Yet we beat Spain and Bulgaria to book our second round place early enough.

Let's just keep the faith alive bro.

Every defeat is painful but one who has been brushed many times reacts better in times of defeat. You criticise but you never wail or cry and no matter the defeat I know your is entirely for the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
edi287:
Looks like we played badly from the few comments I've seen on twitter.
Caught like a two minute glimpse of the game and I noticed something a bit odd - Iwobi was playing behind Mikel. Was it a one off thing or it happened for a bit??
Oh and baba Forgiveness, your analysis please.
Yes, Iwobi actually played behind Mikel... This is not the Rohr I used to know. He seems lost
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:

Amen.
Because I hope, yet am not hopeful.
I can't have hypertension.
why you dey wahala yourself upanda?. Which one be I hope and I’m not hopeful? It is either you are hot or you are cold, don’t be a lukewarm! If you get hope, nothing spoil but if you nor get hope, nothing spoil too. So choose one and stick to it. I tired for you lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
chimzyblack:
At the end of the match what I saw in Rohr face was a man that is disturbed and confused.
That IWOBI is the key.

Of course Rohr is not hiding anything. People are just saying this to console and give themselves hope.
The man said after the Congo game that we will see a better team in Wembley against England, claiming the Adokie stadium turf was the cause of his team's poor play. We all saw how shockingly dross the team was against England. Today against Czech, he listened to Nigerians and dropped Onazi and Joel Obi, still same old story.
People just want to hang on to to something.
Dont deny them that

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Laugh wan tear my belle when I hear people say something like "Rohr is up to something","Rohr is hiding something"....LMAO

You are DEFINITELY crazy....lol....Wake me up when VicMo your lord and savior finally completes his dribbe and pass a ball or score. What an overrated short man with complexes!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
ChrisKels:

Rohr is damne clueless, Iwobi pairing Ndidi behind Mikel? God have mercy

The matter really really tire me!
I told someone here that mikel best postion for this team to move soar is to play along with Ndidi (double 4) next thing he said was mikel don't play that role for us even if he don't, does it mean he can't play the role

Iwobi should be ahead anchoring everything upfront.

If iwobi play ahead, moses won't be selfish but which kind one or two touch mikel wan do without not slowing down for seconds!!

Nacho should be starting games at worst 50min into second half but clueless coach would be waiting till 70-80min, remember na friendly match oooo

Alot of stupid analyst going on here as a result of sentiment and favouritism, let always call a spade a spade here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
I will be shocked if this team survive the group stage , I have no confidence like I did after the Argentine game. Rohr need to change his tactics and drop Idowu, Moses and Shehu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
If we had play like this am 90% sure we would have won the match at worst a draw

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
kellycute:
why you dey wahala yourself upanda?. Which one be I hope and I’m not hopeful? It is either you are hot or you are cold, don’t be a lukewarm! If you get hope, nothing spoil but if you nor get hope, nothing spoil too. So choose one and stick to it. I tired for you lol
That's why I ignored him. Neither hot, nor cold. A waffler. I prefer afobear a million times. He has taken a position and he is standing by it even if it's unpopular. Agyemang how far?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
forgiveness:

If Croatia think this is the team they will face and have a work over, Rohr has just deceived them.

I can see what Rohr is doing although.....

I have noticed one thing abt you.Even though you complain too much,you have never mocked or make jest of the team when they don't win.Respect!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Laugh wan tear my belle when I hear people say something like "Rohr is up to something","Rohr is hiding something"....LMAO

You are DEFINITELY crazy....lol....Wake me up when VicMo your lord and savior finally completes his dribbe and pass a ball or score. What an overrated short man with complexes!!
so na only vic Moses play the match abi??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eleniyan15: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
chimzyblack:
At the end of the match what I saw on Rohr's face was a man that is disturbed and confused.
That IWOBI is the key.

Mikel is better as a Dm with Ndidi both of them got long passes that can connect with iwobi!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
We all know Mikel is better suited for central midfield, Mikel is not a COMPLETE attacking midfielder. How can you assemble a team without a natural attacking midfielder Play Iwobi who has performed there but this stubborn German abi French will not agree

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
goldfish80:

Of course Rohr is not hiding anything. People are just saying this to console and give themselves hope.
The man said after the Congo game that we will see a better team in Wembley against England, claiming the Adokie stadium turf was the cause of his team's poor play. We all saw how shockingly dross the team was against England. Today against Czech, he listened to Nigerians and dropped Onazi and Joel Obi, still same old story.
People just want to hang on to to something.
Dont deny them that

our matches against england and czech republic is a true reflection of what our display will be at the world cup, Except this team score goals in Russia, we aren't going anywhere cos we will surely concede
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
kellycute:
cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Yes, Iwobi actually played behind Mikel... This is not the Rohr I used to know. He seems lost
That was the height of it all .
During the match you sometimes see IWOBI drop as far back as the Dmf to receive the ball from the defence.
I swear the thing pain me.
When a coach can not see the IWOBI is more creative than mikel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:

Victor Moses being there is a set back...That AKPUDA is holding the team back. He plays for himself and it affects the whole team. Rohr always pair him with Ighalo but he has never created a single chance since their pairing. Victor Moses is the Mudaphucking problem!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Herd mentality is no good. One person whispers:Rohr is hiding something in order to confuse our opponents and many here - in order to cope with the pain, in order to hide their fears - begin to sing the song like drones:Rohr is hiding something, Rohr is hiding something, Rohr is hiding something.

Enough!

Whether Rohr is hiding something, I don't know and I don't really care.

Whether our opponents will underrate us or not doesn't count a whiffle.

I need no excuse to support this team, I need no guarantees, no conditions. If they fail, I am with them. If they succeed, I am with them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Victor Moses being there is a set back...That AKPUDA is holding the team back. He plays for himself and it affects the whole team. Rohr always pair him with Ighalo but he has never created a single chance since their pairing. Victor Moses is the Mudaphucking problem!
Easy on the venom. You are going on an overdrive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
Really guys ? Of what importance was today's game ? Ot is bloody friendly game against an insignificant team, there was no real need to win(unlike the game in Wembley) while the Czech were playing for pride. Going by the positions played today we can see that the coach was still tinkering with the midfield selection and trying to see what happenes in certain scenarios.

As for me, I am happy with what I saw today in the midfield. What is left is for Rohr to finally decide that it is better for Iheanacho to start rather than Ighalo.

Yea we lost the game but we have 10 days to work out kinks such as defending freekicks and corner kicks.

We are definitely going to have a fun-filled entertaining and fluid passing WorldCup.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
krattoss:
Please tell me what did Vicmo dp wrong. It's just hatred. This one is too personal to be anything other than hatred. On top football?

I go to other footballing forums: you will not hear shheet being poured on Vicmo but come here you'd think he has committed sacrilege.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Odunayaw:
If you are actually above 18yrs I am diagnosing you with Autism!

How low can you go really undecided

It is written in the scriptures that the truth is bitter but I will offer you chocolate to swallow it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
so all this noise you dey make for here since, na France you dey support undecided

Glory hunters
Better than a below average team with a brain dead autistic coach ....I'm fantasizing if only france was in your yeye group and OUSSAME DEMBELE catch una defenders on the run !!! The rest will be history
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Eleniyan15:

Mikel is better as a Dm with Ndidi both of them got long passes that can connect with iwobi!
Playing mikel him as a CMF will suit him more, he does not have the ruggedness of Etebo, ndidi or onazi to play in that position.
He brings calm to the midfield and sometimes likes holding on to the ball longer than necessary which is not good for a Dmf
if the ball is lost it can sometimes result in to goal, just as we saw in the case of onazi against England. (kanes goal)
playing him in the Cmf position with ndidi and Etebo behind him will prevent such situations.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nihilstjnr: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
2 games, 2 Corners conceded.

Basic organisation is missing from that squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

i don't know the criteria of banning people here, this dude need to be ban
sorry but that's not occurring....like your conscience,I stay here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
darkelf:

Chai. Bros no worry.

You go join us celebrate when we shock the world. We might not win but we'll go far. Just wait and see
I have bookmarked this stuff so when I use yourwords to troll you ,you won't cry blue murder
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

Please tell me what did Vicmo dp wrong. It's just hatred. This one is too personal to be anything other than hatred. On top football?

I go to other footballing forums: you will not hear shheet being poured on Vicmo but come here you'd think he has committed sacrilege.

sometimes i wonder if it was thesame match i watched

(1) (2) (3) ... (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) (3958) (3959) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, 100smile(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.