Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11753760 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
Indeed everything you have said is true. And I know the rest of it... wink

kellycute:
[/b] you are deceiving yourself by mixing faith with realism. You can not say you have faith and at the same time having the consciousness of reality. Faith is the absence of reality, in other word, faith is not focusing your mind or not having the consciousness of realities but rather focusing your mind on the possibility of getting that which you crave for and there ain’t no sign of you getting it ( in reality) but your mind is fixed on the possibility.
Make I stop before I turn this place to ministration and deliverance service!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
i didnt wtach the match but i sense rohr is trying to hide his weapons(formation and key players) and keep our rivals in the group guessing.i wont be surprised if rohr comes up with different players in their favored positions against croatia. its now evident the team plays better with more intensity with 3 at the back. i see rohr deploying the midfield trio of ndidi(defensive midfielder),mikel(central midfielder)and iwobi(attacking midfield) against the crots. also any of moses and ebuehi can start as righ-twing back/left-wing back. iheanacho may peep ighalo for the striking role where iwobi will be instructed to play behind him as a false 9,the trio of ogu/omeruo, ekong and balogun will be the central defenders. musa and any of simy/ighalo may be impact subs. friendlies are mere preparatory games to fine tune the formation of a team and also to see how best players perform during competitive matches.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Indeed everything you have said is true. And I know the rest of it... wink

i hail you. Let’s hope for the best but rohr should stop playing politic with the team tactic and lineup. I just wanna see that second half Lineup against Argentina friendly again. That’s the recipe to our doing well in Russia. The point is too simple!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Leicester's 5000/1 EPL win odds in 2015/2016 says hello.... grin

thats why I said u should check the odds and probability of Nigeria pulling a Leicester..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:
Fellow Eagulians.

I assure you all - we gonna see a different Eagle at the Mundial. We are able to keep our Tactics away from the Oppositions.

The Oppositions are as confused as the Fans. They don't know what's gonna happen at the Mundial, kinda difficult for the Scouts spying on us to analyze the Team credibly.

Kudos to Rohr, and I'm kinda satisfied with the 2nd Half Display.
O PARI (In Icon79's voice)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

So when the Team is transiting to Attack, you expect him to sit deep like a Log of Wood?!

He's shielding the Defence at Leceister, and he's doing it excellently.

3 at the back remember.
All that would be left is Mikel, who we all know never fulfilled his potential because he was playing in a DM position he HATES/can't play.
Every team in our group has INSANELY deep attacking midfields.
If Ndidi leaves his position in a 3 man defense system we'd get slaughtered.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

some how I'm happy for this results...the team will be underrated by Croatia.

i still have high hope on the team, we will fly in russia
You are saying the bolded to console yourself. Unlike many of us fair weather fans who have lowered their expectations of this team Croatia will not lower their expectations, Croatia will not underrate this team.

Don't try to run away from this pain, from the pains of this losses. Let it seep into your veins, into your heart. It will heal you and clarify your vision. If you try to escape from it you will give yourself false hopes just like the bolded.

Expect Nigeria to raise her game. Shikena and I trust that they will!

Soareagles! Like Truidstar once said 'ride or die baby, I'm with you!'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Unlimited22:
I don't understand. What's there to forgive?
Hahaha, e don do abeg.
Let's forge ahead jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
forgiveness:

If Croatia think this is the team they will face and have a work over, Rohr has just deceived them.

I can see what Rohr is doing although.....
What is Rohr doing?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
Ighalo should not start, mosses also in a 3-5-2, they are both useless in that formation.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hensben(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Our line-up should be;

Troost- Balogun- Ogu

Moses mikel ndidi Ebuehi

Iwobi

Iheanacho Ighalo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
goldfish80:
What is Rohr doing?
He is cooking a kind of food that the Croats cannot eat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
austenite:
The coach is making some tactical mistakes,iwobi shouldn't have played deeper owing to the fact that he is more creative than Mikel. Moses should be benched his impact is zero. Shehu should be relegated to the bench for ebuehi. Finally, Mikel obi offers nothing to this team.
Iwobi is more creative than Mikel? Abajo.

From the wings to the center to the very place where Mikel was enthroned. Is it time to crown Alexander? Is it time for him to wear the royal robe?

Oya oo Martz101 come, let me hear your views.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
Well there's no sugar coating it this run of poor results is not good for the confidence. I won't lie my expectation of us having a decent tournaments has taken a big hit but come rain come sunshine I'm behind this team 100%

The coaching crew has even more serious work to do no more room for failure we just have to deliver next time or we are out.

Speaking realistically if we cannot beat the croatians then we should try and get a draw and work from there

Let's go super eagles

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

He is cooking a kind of food that the Croats cannot eat.
Ogbono abi edikaikong soup.

This thread funny I swear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hensben(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
goldfish80:

What is Rohr doing?
Here is his actual formation;

Troost Balogun Ogu

Moses mikel ndidi ebuehi

Iwobi

Iheanacho Ighalo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
hensben:
Here is his actual formation;

Troost Balogun Ogu

Moses mikel ndidi ebuehi

Iwobi

Iheanacho Ighalo
grin grin

Your signature has never been more ideal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:
Ogbono abi edikaikong soup.
This thread funny I swear.
Him dey ask say wetin Rohr is doing? Hahaha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
I hope in our first match against Croatia,if we loose d match,I hope peeps here won't say,ITS A GAME PLAN BY ROHR,we refuse to score,saving it 4 ISLAND AND ARGIES grin grin grin grin

A ni tan ara wa pa grin grin grin(we no go deceive oursef die) cool

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
kellycute:
[/b] you are deceiving yourself by mixing faith with realism. You can not say you have faith and at the same time having the consciousness of reality. Faith is the absence of reality, in other word, faith is not focusing your mind or not having the consciousness of realities but rather focusing your mind on the possibility of getting that which you crave for and there ain’t no sign of you getting it ( in reality) but your mind is fixed on the possibility.
Make I stop before I turn this place to ministration and deliverance service!!!
Perhaps I should have used hope. Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Guess our Eyes are clear now....... that Iwobi is a monumental Waste on the Wing?! Our problem is very simple to solve;

A - Play 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 Formation.

B - start Ebuehi as a RWB not Shehu

C - Play Moses as LWB, I've seen him played there at Chelsea more than once.

D - play a Pivot of Ndidi and Mikel as DMs - Ndidi doing the Tackles and Interceptions while Mikel plays as a deep-lying Playmaker.

E - Play Iwobi as a No. 10.

F - Pair Ighalo and Iheanacho upfront - Ighalo will play more inside the Box, while Iheanacho plays as SS, combining with Iwobi to dig out positive Results.

G - I prefer Trio of Omeruo, Balogun and Ekong as CBs in a 3 at the back Formation. I do not trust Ogu with the CB Responsibilities.
We get coaches here ooo. That's all I can say. Impressive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
phreakabit:

3 at the back remember.
All that would be left is Mikel, who we all know never fulfilled his potential because he was playing in a DM position he HATES/can't play.
Every team in our group has INSANELY deep attacking midfields.
If Ndidi leaves his position in a 3 man defense system we'd get slaughtered.

grin

How?!
I've told you earlier.... discipline is the Key!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Icon4s:

Him dey ask say wetin Rohr is doing? Hahaha.
Ee go soon clear for their eye.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

We get coaches here ooo. That's all I can say. Impressive.

grin

LOL!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

You are saying the bolded to console yourself. Unlike many of us fair weather fans who have lowered their expectations of this team Croatia will not lower their expectations, Croatia will not underrate this team.

Don't try to run away from this pain, from the pains of this losses. Let it seep into your veins, into your heart. It will heal you and clarify your vision. If you try to escape from it you will give yourself false hopes just like the bolded.

Expect Nigeria to raise her game. Shikena and I trust that they will!

Soareagles! Like Truidstar once said 'ride or die baby, I'm with you!'

Mr Mujtahida no be false hope, we will go far in the worldcup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
safarigirl:
this is the only real positive I'm taking away

That someone is going to feel like we don't offer much and may decide to not take us too seriously, only to be shocked on match day the way Algeria was shocked
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Under rate? Croatia under rate us? Lie lie. So if it's you, you will underrate Nigeria

Okay, how many matches did Croatia win of all their friendlies? I don't think they won one. Granted they have more quality than us but then ordinarily would you under rate them cos of the losses?

Their first match, Croatia go come under rate us? Hahahaha hahahaha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

Seems you didn't understand what I wrote. For you to say Croatia will underrate us is to give yourself false hope. If we walk into the match thinking the way you have depicted we will fail and the reason is simple:we will fail to raise our game because we have padded ourselves with the false believe that Croatia will underrate us. So what if they don't?

That's why I said that your view that they will underrate and therefore that would enable us win is nothing but a false hope.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
Martz101:

Amen.
Because I hope, yet am not hopeful.
I can't have hypertension.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Under rate? Croatia under rate us? Lie lie. So if it's you, you will underrate Nigeria

Okay, how many matches did Croatia win of all their friendlies? I don't think they won one. Granted they have more quality than us but then ordinarily would you under rate them cos of the losses?

Their first match, Croatia go come under rate us. Hahahaha hahahaha.
LOL, when they go dey find points knowing say Iceland dey super-organised and Argentina pass them?
Underrated ko, superlative ni
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
It is funny that this game has even given me more confidence in the team. The second half the way the passes were strung up, we have to remember that this is a friendly game that is used to get the players to practice playing together certain things that they have being doing in practice in live ball situations. Play with players they normally do not play with during practice. Now the coach should have an idea of who plays well with who and what roles each player will play. Now the real practice and work begins.

The confidence Uzoho is getting is also a factor... Ndidi has fully recovered.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
I just the pity the amount of folks here probably my dad's age who are saying Rohr is deceiving his opponents!!SMH

I see y'all are drunk in Delusional realm and only a 0-5 lose to Croatia will wake una up
WackTeam with Wack drunk supporters !!!

Abeg ,France till forever #vouslavous

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3951) (3952) (3953) (3954) (3955) (3956) (3957) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.