Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,180 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11646095 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) ... (16144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
A moniker here said he is a bench warmer after 2 games
tbaba1234:
Etebo is finally starting to show his quality in the championship. Outstanding in the last 2 games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Meanwhile, thread mates celebrate with me. I finally got my first PVC today.

@Mickael2, oya, who is your candidate? grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
isan:
A moniker here said he is a bench warmer after 2 games

Thats some people for you,when they hate a player they will say bad things about him.

Someone that started the first games and came in as a sub in their second and 3rd game,suddenly someone here is calling him a bench warmer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by newlife55: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2018
Icon4s:

No wahala bro. No shaking.

We actually make do with what we have whether Chinese, Bundesliga 2, Portuguese 2 or Championship.

Na wetin we get we go use.

But are they....are they really all we have? Is it that we do not have any player playing in their position in a top league? Or we just decide to hinder under the umbrella of 'they are too old' and then invite other below par players? A player like Taye Taiwo was still in an active league few seasons ago but he was never invited, he was the top scorer of Kemi back then yet he wasn't invited and people here said it's because he is in a lo league, so which league now is higher between Bundesliga 3(the boy in question I believe just got promoted to Bundelisga 2 this season) and the Finnish league? I put it to you that if Taiwo got the invite he so merited back then he would still be playing professional football, I mean we invite players from Chinese and Saudi leagues but we rejected Taiwo's invitation because he was in Finland, what's the excuse?! Or didn't he distinguish himself before going to that Finnish league? Case number 1.

Case number 2, is Ajagun a ball boy in Belgium? Why settle for a midfielder who got kicked out of a dutch league team(VVVenlo), failed to make a substantial impact in dutch division 2 and is now wasting away in Porto B? He is young, 20, wouldn't it make more sense to use more seasoned professionals? When did the national team turn to a rookies' joint? Or hasn't Ajagun done enough to merit an invite? Or at 29, is he older than almost half of our team?(Mikel,Balogun, Ighalo and the rest) or is it that we do not have any need for a midfielder? when we can barely create chances through the middle in games. or is it that he hasn't shown his stuff? Is it not if you get invited that you can show what you have?

Case 3, still on our need for a midfielder, before KC gets a look in somebody like Rabiu Ibrahim should even get a look in. For those that do not know, Rabiu is a sure fixture for Slovan Bratislava, he has a position tied down even with a broken leg and the last time he played for Nigeria(I can't recall the game) he did very well yet he never got invited. Now Bratislava is one of the power houses in Slovakia and if I am correct they are in the Europa league or at least played the qualifiers is that not a bigger place than the LigaII in Portugal? Or is it that Rabiu is now an old man too? Or is that we don't like players from Slovakia? has he been invited enough to show his thing and he failed? How did he not at least merit an invite in that Atletico match and who is too he wouldn't have taken those academy boys on a ride? Let's be honest here, that match against Atletico makes no sense, any seasoned professional would have shone like a million stars in the game.

Case 4, Ramon Azeez. Is he now a Spanish player? OK let me not say much about him because he is more of a DMF than CMF and is not exactly in direct contest with KC or Jamiu or the other guy.

Case 5, Efe Ambrose. So a playing that struggled for game time in Cardiff last season is now better than one of the top players of a top 6 club in Scotland? I mean the talk is ridiculous.

All in a my point is we have better option, but it is either we are not looking hard enough or there are some backroom politics surrounding this list. I mean it makes no sense that guys are busy proving themselves everyday and yet they do not get invited. Onuachu tried so much but did he ever get an invite? Onyekuru is probably going to come to this match against Seychelles and sit on the bench, players that deserve the invitation are overlooked for other below par players.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
Meanwhile, thread mates celebrate with me. I finally got my first PVC today.

@Mickael2, oya, who is your candidate? grin

I believe that means you have decided to endure the hot sun on that day so as to carry out your civic responsibility, big kudos to you. I must admit it wasn't easy, took me 2hours to actually get although I knew people so congrats.

About my candidate we are still doing some background work for Kwankwaso right about now. the primaries are yet to be conducted(and that is for registered party members), but the background work is on going, we intend to meet up with aspirants in lesser positions even down to council chairmen so that we can also adopt candidates with a similar mindset so that the development will be holistic. If we have about 65% of lawmakers who have the same ideology (I could care less about their parties) and about 70% of state governors and state administrators then you can hold us accountable for not functioning well. Sha for now we are waiting for the primaries but we don't do parry politics so don't expect to see me backing Atiku if he wins the primaries.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mickael2:

I believe that means you have decided to endure the hot sun on that day so as to carry out your civic responsibility, big kudos to you. I must admit it wasn't easy, took me 2hours to actually get although I knew people so congrats.

About my candidate we are still doing some background work for Kwankwaso right about now. the primaries are yet to be conducted(and that is for registered party members), but the background work is on going, we intend to meet up with aspirants in lesser positions even down to council chairmen so that we can also adopt candidates with a similar mindset so that the development will be holistic. If we have about 65% of lawmakers who have the same ideology (I could care less about their parties) and about 70% of state governors and state administrators then you can hold us accountable for not functioning well. Sha for now we are waiting for the primaries but we don't do parry politics so don't expect to see me backing Atiku if he wins the primaries.
i don't expect you to support Atiku just as I don't expect Atiku to win the primaries.

Until 6th of October then cheesy

Meanwhile, the voters card process is one of the easiest I have experienced in years. I applied last year, spent not more than forty minutes doing that and I spent about ten minutes getting my PVC today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mickael2:

Kwakwanso is a younger version of Buhari in jihadism IF YOU FOLLOW HIS ANTECEDENTS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
gamaliel9:

Kwakwanso is a younger version of Buhari in jihadism IF YOU FOLLOW HIS ANTECEDENTS
my father is rooting for Makarfi.....he thinks the other candidates are opportunists
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
fabyom:
Iorfa has only his dad to blame no one else. Aluko this, Aluko that. This guy has been playing in the championship for years however any time his team moved up the ladder to the EPL he will play none or one or two games before been sent back to his rendezvous! He is not good enough for hull and now Fulham in the EPL, so what's the fuss all about oga south gate

Before you expose your ignorance please Google it's not difficult and find out about Aluko. Fulham pleaded with Aluko to stay at that stage he was voted best midfielder in the championship.

However, the near £10 million Reading paid for him and a juicy signing fee of a £1 million made it difficult for him to say no.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
One match is not enough....Watch and form your opinion on him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-deZCT0Scc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2018
Ouch!

... mean momma grin grin grin

O pari

safarigirl:
Sunday Oliseh is sitting comfortably on this table cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2018

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
my father is rooting for Makarfi.....he thinks the other candidates are opportunists

I heard he tried in Kaduna while he was Governor. He's also had stints in the private sector. Even in WikiLeaks, the US ambassador had good things to write about him.

He's my Uncle's set in Federal Enugu and he's an active member of btheir old students association. Infact I'm told he speaks Igbo language.

I like him and I also think he's a unifier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Luckyroro(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigeria has failed because people like you prefer to sit down in another man's land and write long epistles on the internet from there

Nigeria has failed because people like you pass blames and make accusations, but never bring solutions

Nigeria has failed because people like you believe that Nigeria can only be helped by Nigerians in Nigeria

Nigeria has failed because the same people like you come back here and judge the rest of us with your sanctimonious attitude

Nigeria has failed because you and your ilk are all talk and zero action

Komekn, what have you and your boyfriend done to make Nigeria better? What have you done to erase corruption from this country?

Aside sit down and wail about the rot, have you bothered to leave the comfort of your England to come down to Nigeria and help to remove the rot?

Ask around and you will see many Nigerians who have risked their lives because they are trying to erase the rot, your accusations are an insult to these people

You cannot be sitting down in England and talking about how Nigeria has failed when you have done NOTHING but complain.

I am not the future of Nigeria, one day I will be just like you. I will get a visa, leave this country and comfortably complain about the rot in Nigeria from abroad.

Your generation failed Nigeria and that is why Nigeria has become ruined. Nigeria is already failed because of you and your generation. Don't come here and talk as if there is still a country to be salvaged.

Firstly, I never got a visa. I was born in the UK my Father who was an academic and Military officer in the UK brought me back at the age of 11 to do high school in Warri, Nigeria.

Quite a few years ago, my Father invited me to do an internship at the accounts department at a higher tertiary institution in Nigeria.

Cut a long story short, there was massive wide spread and reckless corruption and misappropriation. I challenges every situation irrespective of who was involved and exposed multiple frauds. At the end of a few months almost all the staff were sacked. Leaving me and the Chief accountant who joined secret cult.

It was terrible they even Slaughtered a goat in the midnight for satanic rituals. I took my leave after that.

I still get involved in Nigeria but rarely, the depths of corruption makes it very difficult for me to be fully involved.

People like you can not have people like me involved in Nigeria. Because you are part of the problem. You accept, agree, birth and promote corruption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mickael2:

But are they....are they really all we have? Is it that we do not have any player playing in their position in a top league? Or we just decide to hinder under the umbrella of 'they are too old' and then invite other below par players? A player like Taye Taiwo was still in an active league few seasons ago but he was never invited, he was the top scorer of Kemi back then yet he wasn't invited and people here said it's because he is in a lo league, so which league now is higher between Bundesliga 3(the boy in question I believe just got promoted to Bundelisga 2 this season) and the Finnish league? I put it to you that if Taiwo got the invite he so merited back then he would still be playing professional football, I mean we invite players from Chinese and Saudi leagues but we rejected Taiwo's invitation because he was in Finland, what's the excuse?! Or didn't he distinguish himself before going to that Finnish league? Case number 1.

Case number 2, is Ajagun a ball boy in Belgium? Why settle for a midfielder who got kicked out of a dutch league team(VVVenlo), failed to make a substantial impact in dutch division 2 and is now wasting away in Porto B? He is young, 20, wouldn't it make more sense to use more seasoned professionals? When did the national team turn to a rookies' joint? Or hasn't Ajagun done enough to merit an invite? Or at 29, is he older than almost half of our team?(Mikel,Balogun, Ighalo and the rest) or is it that we do not have any need for a midfielder? when we can barely create chances through the middle in games. or is it that he hasn't shown his stuff? Is it not if you get invited that you can show what you have?

Case 3, still on our need for a midfielder, before KC gets a look in somebody like Rabiu Ibrahim should even get a look in. For those that do not know, Rabiu is a sure fixture for Slovan Bratislava, he has a position tied down even with a broken leg and the last time he played for Nigeria(I can't recall the game) he did very well yet he never got invited. Now Bratislava is one of the power houses in Slovakia and if I am correct they are in the Europa league or at least played the qualifiers is that not a bigger place than the LigaII in Portugal? Or is it that Rabiu is now an old man too? Or is that we don't like players from Slovakia? has he been invited enough to show his thing and he failed? How did he not at least merit an invite in that Atletico match and who is too he wouldn't have taken those academy boys on a ride? Let's be honest here, that match against Atletico makes no sense, any seasoned professional would have shone like a million stars in the game.

Case 4, Ramon Azeez. Is he now a Spanish player? OK let me not say much about him because he is more of a DMF than CMF and is not exactly in direct contest with KC or Jamiu or the other guy.

Case 5, Efe Ambrose. So a playing that struggled for game time in Cardiff last season is now better than one of the top players of a top 6 club in Scotland? I mean the talk is ridiculous.

All in a my point is we have better option, but it is either we are not looking hard enough or there are some backroom politics surrounding this list. I mean it makes no sense that guys are busy proving themselves everyday and yet they do not get invited. Onuachu tried so much but did he ever get an invite? Onyekuru is probably going to come to this match against Seychelles and sit on the bench, players that deserve the invitation are overlooked for other below par players.

Thank you.

Unfortunately this problem is not just about football it's the Nigerian problem with Corruption at its ROOT.

Because, This is Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2018
like i've always argued most of our arguments boils down to why is my average or below average player not considered instead of your or their average player. until nigeria starts producing enough standout talents playing in top european clubs we will never agree on why or how players were picked.

now to the cases you specifically mentioned taiye taiwo was a good servant of nigeria but we can't deny he already was on diminishing returns by the time he arrived in finland

ajagun yes he has never been called up but as a player truth be told he hasn't been pulling up trees anywhere he has played that said k.nwakali doesn't deserve to be called up yet. he hasn't done enough in my opinion.

rabiu ibrahim really? dude that couldn't cut it from portugal holland to scotland? dude that after multiple call ups to the national team could barely play 20 minutes? i'll just assume it was an oversight mentioning his name and you were joking.

ambrose i agree can still be called up but at the moment you know we have 3 decent CB in balogun, ekong and omeruo. coupled with rohr's preference for young players it's not so far fetched that he would call awaziem and semi ajayi looking to the future rather than calling efe to sit on the bench

Mickael2:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2018
safarigirl:
who are you in this country to ask me foolish questions?

You and your boyfriend should stop shoving English TRASH in our faces

Who are you in this country to call fellow Nigerians trash?

You be constituted authority?

Even Buhari, Osinbanjo and Saraki dare not call fellow Nigerians trash. Who you be for this country?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2018
gamaliel9:

Younger version of Buhari how? So his achievements in Kano mean nothing to you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mickael2:

Dey have started calling those players you listed average players just to justify their baseless argument.

However, no body can take anything away from this your intelligent and honest write up except they are biased, two faced double standard fellows and product of corruption.

Well done sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2018
gamaliel9:

What the hell!!!

I think it is best to keep your politics out of this thread..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Firstly, I never got a visa. I was born in the UK my Father who was an academic and Military officer in the UK brought me back at the age of 11 to do high school in Warri, Nigeria.

Quite a few years ago, my Father invited me to do an internship at the accounts department at a higher tertiary institution in Nigeria.

Cut a long story short, there was massive wide spread and reckless corruption and misappropriation. I challenges every situation irrespective of who was involved and exposed multiple frauds. At the end of a few months almost all the staff were sacked. Leaving me and the Chief accountant who joined secret cult.

It was terrible they even Slaughtered a goat in the midnight for satanic rituals. I took my leave after that.

I still get involved in Nigeria but rarely, the depths of corruption makes it very difficult for me to be fully involved.

People like you can not have people like me involved in Nigeria. Because you are part of the problem. You accept, agree, birth and promote corruption.

That girl thinks everybody must be like am but we must fight to finish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2018
chrisooblog:
like i've always argued most of our arguments boils down to why is my average or below average player not considered instead of your or their average player. until nigeria starts producing enough standout talents playing in top european clubs we will never agree on why or how players were picked.

now to the cases you specifically mentioned taiye taiwo was a good servant of nigeria but we can't deny he already was on diminishing returns by the time he arrived in finland

ajagun yes he has never been called up but as a player truth be told he hasn't been pulling up trees anywhere he has played that said k.nwakali doesn't deserve to be called up yet. he hasn't done enough in my opinion.

rabiu ibrahim really? dude that couldn't cut it from portugal holland to scotland? dude that after multiple call ups to the national team could barely play 20 minutes? i'll just assume it was an oversight mentioning his name and you were joking.

ambrose i agree can still be called up but at the moment you know we have 3 decent CB in balogun, ekong and omeruo. coupled with rohr's preference for young players it's not so far fetched that he would call awaziem and semi ajayi looking to the future rather than calling efe to sit on the bench

We are not talking about average players or not, if you tag someone like Ajagun a below average player what does that make KC?

On Taiwo, what is Echejile still doing in this team? I can tell you that a gassed out Taiwo is presently better than Echejile go and watch his recent matches. If Echejile is still getting invited then there was no reason for Taiwo's omission.

Please do well to tell me any of our players that has 'pulled up' more trees than Ajagun in the past few years. You can decide to pick if you have more worthy persons which presently there is no one ahead of him in this hierarchy. Which other AMF/CMF did we invite? so that means the reason why Ajagun isn't there is because KC is there. I hate sounding like I don't want to see the boy there but due process has to be followed at all times.

Well the present matter here and now is that at Bratislava Rabiu is bossing it. he was also a starter for Trencin a few seasons ago, and in the match he played against Chad he played very well in the limited time, go and check again. By the way when he was representing Trencin, a run of games for the national team would have propelled him to a better career which is what I believe we are trying to do for KC now, so why does player A deserve better recognition than player B?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
Chrismario:

I dae tell you bro, even Ajagun is still doing his thing but we chose untested school boys

Stop this your sacarsicm. You are not fooling kids here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2018
Mickael2:

With all these write up I was expecting to see a whole host of players you are going to mention.

Taye Taiwo? Rabiu Ibrahim? Ramon Azeez? Efe Ambrose? Chai.

The only player that may have a genuine case is Abdul Ajagun.

When I said that is all we've got you say na lie. See the kind players you come dey mention.

Na wa o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2018
I want to start this post by shouting good luck to the Peoples' Elephant in their crunch match.

Btw when they win and make it out of the group stage it would be Nigeria 1-0 South Africa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hahaha haha..

Enjoying every bit of this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2018
komekn:

Thank you.

Unfortunately this problem is not just about football it's the Nigerian problem with Corruption at its ROOT.

Because, This is Nigeria.

In other words, you are agreeing that players like Taye Taiwo, Efe Ambrose, Rabiu Ibrahim, Ramon Azeez and Abdul Ajagun are not in this current team because of corrupt Coaching crew or NFF officials.

Men this is the height of insincerity.
What!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4610) (4611) (4612) (4613) (4614) (4615) (4616) ... (16144) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toluxe0075 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.